Hide And Seek (129)

The Unseen And Unheard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She had told him. She had told all of them. They were having lunch before filming started, and there was no staff around to overhear anything she said as it was a private setting, so she decided there was no time better than the present to tell her work family.

"Just so you all know, I'm single now. I ended my relationship a while back." She tried to sound as casual as possible. They were all eating warm and delicious food, and she didn't want to ruin a good meal over her measly news.

Everyone stopped eating and put their bowls and utensils down. She looked up at their solemn faces when she realized the silence. "Yeah?"

"Erm- are you okay? When did this happen?" Jae Suk asked in a caring tone, though he really did want a proper explanation.

"A few months ago? We both wanted to split up, there wasn't any bloody brawls involved. I think... I just lost feelings for him. Much longer than before we broke up. So I'm not sad about it, don't worry." She explained before she continued to eat.

"You really sure you're fine?" Suk Jin asked.

"I'm fine- if you all act like this I might get sad over nothing, so just relax." 

"Well, our Ji Hyo is really strong!" Haha said in what could be described as admiration or comfort. He patted her on the shoulder and gave her a thumbs up.

Jong Kook awkwardly patted her on the shoulder too. Ji Hyo was really strong. Either that or she was an amazing actress. He still wasn't sure.

They were instructed to change into their team uniforms and handed blue fans with their pictures on one side. Then they were told to enter the opening scene.

Apparently it was another Idol Olympic Special. Jong Kook got happy to see Minho as they were gym buddies, but he was less happy to see Ji Hyo cheer happily when she saw Minho. What was worse was that she didn't cheer as loudly for any of the other guests as she did for Minho. And no he wasn't jealous. No he wasn't jealous at all.

Yeah, and that's why he wouldn't leave Ji Hyo's side throughout the entire opening and even when they were taking the group picture.

 

 

"Ji Hyo Noona, you were just great in the ice hockey game just now- you truly are an ace!" Minho complimented Ji Hyo as the staff prepared to film for the third mission. She blushed as she dismissed his compliment and went to get changed.

"Minho-yah do you want to take lessons from Ji Hyo on how to be an ace? Is she your role model?" Haha teased as Minho laughed.

Jong Kook tried his best to hide his jealousy. Did Minho like Ji Hyo? He resisted himself from asking. 

"We're going to win because of Ji Hyo!" He cheered as Ji Hyo fearlessly jumped up and down on the diving board to scare the other members. He wasn't scared to see her jumping on the board, just amazed and desperate to throw her a compliment for some reason. Maybe it was super tacky, but he didn't care.

 

 

With a score of 2:1, the Running Man Team was allowed to choose whether to attack or defend first. So of course they knew it was better to attack and get rid of some players on the other team. They went to take a seat as they waited for the Idol Team to arrive and start hiding.

And then it was time for them to chase. Jong Kook was looking around for idols to catch, but he was also looking for a good place to hide, since he felt that that was a big mistake he made during the last idol episode. He also happened to bump into Ji Hyo and they began talking. She looked like she was finding a hiding place too.

"Have you found a good place yet?" Jong Kook asked.

She laughed. "Oppa, are we attacking or defending? We should be looking for the kids!"

"Don't lie to me- I know you're looking for a good hiding place too!" He retorted with a gentle shove.

Ji Hyo caved. "Ok fine- maybe I am just a little? But it's only because I don't want to get caught like the last idol olympics! Tell you what- let's look for a place now, then we go catch the idols, and when there's only a minute left, we drop whatever we're doing and meet up so we can hide together for safety?" That sounded like a sound plan. They pinky promised and formed a mini alliance amongst themselves a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter