His Secret Spy (132)

The Unseen And Unheard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rain came dripping down in the bitter biting cold. Jong Kook walked towards the PD with an umbrella tightly in hand, an all-knowing smile on his face. Was he to be a spy today? 

Apparently not. He heard light footsteps behind him walking up, and when she lifted up her umbrella slightly Jong Kook was allowed to see her beautiful face. It was Ji Hyo.

"What's going on?" Ji Hyo asked. She didn't expect to be called out secretly so early in the day, especially not with Jong Kook. 

On the other hand, Jong Kook didn't expect anything either, but he was feeling a tinge of excitement. He was anticipating them getting to collaborate again. The PD handed him a piece of paper containing that day's mission.

"Today, you're the spy. You'll have to do your best for our team." Jong Kook read, turning to look at Ji Hyo's face for a reaction.

"Firstly, let's see who's coming today." What? Jong Kook had no idea what Ji Hyo was on about, whether it was because of the cold or whether she was being blank again, but her lack of enthusiasm to be his spy was bumming him out.

"Come to your senses!" He shouted, and it shocked Ji Hyo into bouts of laughter, though she did not usually appreciate getting yelled at under the cold rain. Maybe she found his nagging amusing. "You have to concentrate right now, pay attention! No matter who comes!"

The PD then went on to further explain what their mission was all about. 

"Jong Kook, you're the Singer Team's leader, and Song Ji Hyo is the Singer Team's spy. You just have to work as a spy in the Actor Team. You can only win if Jong Kook's team wins." He finished the briefing and the two nodded their heads slightly.

"But, I heard that Hwang Jung Min sunbaenim is coming today- how can I betray him?" Jong Kook had to hold back a sigh as he heard Ji Hyo say that.

"Ji Hyo-yah, listen to me carefully. This is Running Man. We have been given a mission from Running Man and your role today is the spy. You just have to keep that in mind. Then you'll win. We just have to move according to the mission. Get it?" Ji Hyo nodded, then stretched her hand out.

"Let's do well today." He shook it. 

And then they walked off together in the drizzling rain.

 

 

"What was up with you just now? Were you still asleep?" Jong Kook asked as they walked far away enough from the secret rendezvous location. They had roughly an hour to kill before they were supposed to film the opening. 

"It's still early, Oppa. And I haven't eaten breakfast yet. Why did you have to yell at me just now?" Jong Kook felt a tinge of guilt as she lamented to him. There was a hint of disappointment in her voice.

"Did I scare you? I'm sorry about that. Next time I won't yell at you until it's late in the afternoon." He added that last bit as a joke, though he was genuinely sorry.

"Yah! You shouldn't be yelling at me at all!" Ji Hyo still couldn't help but laugh at his silly joke, however, and despite her scoldings she was no longer upset with the man. 

"I know, I know. But sometimes you get so blank it's a bit necessary! Still, I'm very sorry about that. To make it up to you, I'll treat you to breakfast. Get anything you want." Ji Hyo noticeably brightened up after that.

"Let's go to a warm cafe! What do you want to have?" Ji Hyo grabbed Jong Kook's hand and began walking speedily to the nearest cafe they saw down the street. 

"Me? I've already had breakfast. Also why are your hands so cold?" Ji Hyo's hand was ice-cold. It made Jong Kook worry, and without even thinking he lifted it up to his lips and began blowing warm air on it and rubbing her tiny hand in between his larger ones. They stopped walking as he did this, Ji Hyo unable to stop herself from blushing. It took him a while to notice, and when he did he awkwardly let go of her hand and carried on walking.

"I-I'm sorry about that. Didn't think it through." He apologiz

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter