Happy Anniversary (261)

The Unseen And Unheard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They had been called out for a late night filming, and told that it would be short since the footage from the previous filming would take up a good chunk of that week's episode. They were also told that it was inadvertently a celebration of the show's fifth year anniversary, and that the members would be treated well.

Lies. That meant there'd be hell waiting for them. The members all prepared for the worst, but when they were all presented with a mini theme park set up just for them, all of them couldn't help but sink into the delights of food, merriment, and fun. After all, from their five years of experience of the show, they all knew that sitting around trying to stay one step ahead of the staff would be futile. It was best to live in the moment, which they all did. 

For the next hour or so, the members of ages ranging from thirty to nearly fifty all let out their inner child. They played carnival games with the determination of ten year olds that had no idea the game was slightly rigged to make it harder for them to win, they ate all their favorite snacks with no thoughts about how their health might be affected, and they went around trying out all those theme park rides, their hearts filled with nostalgia. 

Sure, they were all entertainers meant to put on a good show for the viewers, but that didn't mean they didn't have genuine fun once in a while. Sometimes they did things that were meant to let viewers live vicariously through them, and so vigorously did they live.

And as for Jong Kook and Ji Hyo, it was a fun time for them to spend as a couple. 

They tried their hand at a few games, either working together or threatening to take the other down in some game they both claimed to be the respective champions of Anyang and Pohang in. 

Sadly, they got chided by the members to stop their games because they were far too evenly matched and there would never be a clear winner.

"A real match between the Commander and Ace where neither gives in is too scary." Suk Jin reasoned.

"Exactly. You two'll tear the house down at the rate you're going." Kwang Soo added, referring to the scary aura around Jong Kook and Ji Hyo when they were in their competitive moods.

"We aren't in a house though." Jae Suk retorted to mess with Kwang Soo. "Can't you see there's no ceiling? We're outside."

After being banned from hogging the carnival games from their own members and cracking up at Kwang Soo and Jae Suk chasing each other around as Jae Suk teased Kwang Soo and Kwang Soo got mad, Ji Hyo and Jong Kook went to brood sadly at a tiny merry-go-round they found.

They sat there for a good few minutes, enjoying the ride but getting bored after a while since the ride was pretty slow. 

"You know, if we hadn't been stopped from playing I still bet that I'd have won hands down." Ji Hyo said cheekily to taunt her boyfriend.

Jong Kook chuckled. "Like hell you would've. I spent five years more than you playing those games. Clearly I would've won." 

Ji Hyo huffed in disbelief, her dramatic reaction making Jong Kook tempted to laugh as she was so adorable but laughing would ruin their little light bickering session. And he wouldn't want that.

"Are you kidding me? Just because you're five ye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter