The Little Things (137,138,138,140,141,142,144,147,149)

The Unseen And Unheard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For her, it was the little things. 

His arm grabs. 

That day when she was a princess and he was an ondal. When he insisted on being on her team, he grabbed her arm and wouldn't let go. Maybe it was a joke, and it was also most definitely to avoid being on a team with Sa Yeon, but Ji Hyo felt like she was being fought for somehow and it made her smile inside. 

His actions always felt different from the others somehow. When she had met with Kwang Soo and Jae Suk earlier they had incessantly begged her as well, but she had only found their appearance pathetic and their tactics funny. 

With him though? He was funny- but at the same time he was manly and charming and adorable. That sentence didn't make any sense, but it perfectly described Ji Hyo's feelings for Jong Kook. Confusing.

Their amazing teamwork. 

They were in high school uniforms that day, and the opening game was to be a 2 on 2 name tag ripping. He was the second member to enter the arena, after Suk Jin got ousted.

The bell sounded for the Athletic Team to send out another player. So they all assumed Kwang Soo had been ousted and sent in Haha. But the announcement came in again and Ji Hyo went out to play.

He was waiting for her by the lift.

"Ah, so Oppa wasn't ousted?" She asked after seeing him. She was just stating the obvious, actually. "What happened with Haha and Kwang Soo?"

"Kwang Soo was too careless. And I couldn't get to Haha in time," explained Jong Kook. "But that doesn't matter right now. They were necessary sacrifices."

Ji Hyo felt like laughing at hearing that bit, but she had to focus. 

"Here's what you need to know. Jong Suk and Hyo Rin are who we're up against right now. We have to take them head on, because the sneaking up tactic really didn't work when Kwang Soo suggested it." 

Ji Hyo snorted. Oh, Kwang Soo. "So I expect that you want me to take Hyo Rin on?" Jong Kook nodded.

And so they took them on. Ji Hyo complained a bit about how Hyo Rin was so petite she was basically just dragging her around but soon enough she it up and name tags got ripped off in flashes.

Oh, the adrenaline she felt with Jong Kook by her side. She felt like she could do it over, and over, and over again.

And never get sick of it.

Their like minds. 

Kwang Soo came out wearing a blonde wig that looked ridiculous on him. But it bothered Ji Hyo more that his wig wasn't adjusted properly. She instinctively walked up to Kwang Soo and began fixing his hair.

However she couldn't help but notice someone beside her who walked up to Kwang Soo at the exact same time. It was Jong Kook, and he was fixing Kwang Soo's hair too. 

In some insane strange way, it felt like they were some fussy couple and Kwang Soo was their son who couldn't get his hairdo right. 

And that somehow didn't feel strange.

Except for Kwang Soo being her son.

She would never have a son like him.

His shoulder grabs. 

Ji Hyo inhaled way too much helium and could feel a head rush as she complained about it. Jong Kook made his way over though he was far away from her before laughing at her and throwing his arm around her shoulder.

She had no idea what he had done that for but she still foolishly laughed along with him. Why did his very presence make her so happy?

His head pats. 

They had all lost and Kwang Soo had won. The PD called cut and it seemed the cast were to walk off and make Kwang Soo's win less significant as a gag. 

Ji Hyo began to turn away when she heard quick footsteps approach her and felt Jong Kook's arm reach over to touch her head. It was strange that he'd do that, but Ji Hyo somehow liked his little tap on the top of her head. It was uni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter