'Villain' (185)

The Unseen And Unheard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That day, they were dressed up as Korean scholars from the 1600s. They were also tasked to find the 'R' marked jade pin. Jong Kook was not having any luck finding that pin. He was dressed in purple and beige when he spotted Ji Hyo while wandering around. She wore pink and a bright yellow. She looked so beautiful.

"Ji Hyo-yah!" He called out sweetly. He heard his VJ Ki Jin sigh, though he was unsure of why. Maybe he was tired? Ji Hyo turned her head and flashed him a sweet smile.

"Oppa! Have you found anything?" Ji Hyo asked as she walked over quickly towards him. Jong Kook shook his head. "Me neither."

And neither of them said a thing about having an alliance, but they began walking around together, talking about this and that. Completely forgetting about the mission because they were too busy doing mostly nothing with each other. 

"Jong Kook-ssi, Ji Hyo-ssi, Suk Jin-ssi just ran away from the two of you. Don't you want to catch him?" The PD informed the two. Suk Jin had spotted them from a distance and ran away in fear- not knowing that the two were just talking to each other. The PD was trying to create something worthy of airing by prompting Jong Kook and Ji Hyo to oust Suk Jin together. Since they liked sticking to each other so much, they might as well get something useful out of it. Because Jong Kook and Ji Hyo talking about how blue the sky was wasn't going to be very useful in the editing room. 

"Oh, really? Oppa you go after him this way, and I'll get the other way." Ji Hyo snapped out of their conversation to relay the command, and Jong Kook obeyed. 

Soon, they had Suk Jin well cornered and were in the midst of some playful 1600s banter. Suk Jin tried to sell Jae Suk out but failed, so he began joking about the best way to make the scene entertaining- would it be funnier for him to run away or for him to get caught?

They still caught him, and soon after went their separate ways. Because even they realized they weren't making any mission progress by chit-chatting. 

Some time later, Ji Hyo stumbled upon Jong Kook with the adorable child actress Kim Hyun Soo. 

"Oppa! You found her?" Ji Hyo remarked after greeting the adorable girl. 

"Yeah- I did." Jong Kook replied.

Hyun Soo began relaying the mission to Ji Hyo- find the palanquin so that she could escape- when all of a sudden Jong Kook reached behind her to rip her 1600s name tag off. She spun around in shock and looked at him in disbelief. 

"Oppa- did you just betray me?" Ji Hyo asked, eyes still wide and mouth still open.

"I'm sorry Ji Hyo- I had no choice." No choice? What choice? But Ji Hyo let herself get carried away by the staff anyway.

Hyun Soo stared at Jong Kook with an expression that reeked of disapproval. It prompted him to explain his actions.

"I had to eliminate her when she wasn't looking- I can't leave it down to the two of us because I can't use my strength against her." Because when pitted against Ji Hyo, Jong Kook became pathetic. This was why Jong Kook tried his best to make sure it was never down to only the two of them to fight it out. 

"I didn't say anything." Hyun Soo cheekily replied in response to Jong Kook's flustered explanation. She had a feeling Jong Kook had feelings for Ji Hyo. It was just this feeling.

Eventually, Jong Kook was ousted too and Jae Suk won the first round. Ji Hyo eyed him when he got back to jail but he knew from the way she laughed after that she had long forgiven him. 

They were instructed to change, into clothes fitting of Korea's time of enlightenment. Ji Hyo inwardly gulped when she saw what Jong Kook was wearing. Of all things, why did they have to put him in a vest? And a white button down that hid his arms but at the same time not really? Did the stylists not know what his current way of dress did to her? Or did they know and were deliberately teasing her? Why was the world so evil and cunning?

Jong Kook saw what Ji Hyo was wearing. Aww, she looked so cute. 

They were told that the mission was to earn money. They were given five coins each, and were to bet on games. Winning a bet doubled the number of coins betted, whereas losing caused all the coins to be lost. 

They drew sticks to pick out two members that would compete against each other. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo got picked, revealing their marked sticks at the same time. The oth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter