Suits And Noodles (249)

The Unseen And Unheard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next week at filming, Jong Kook and Ji Hyo were having lunch with the rest of the members before filming commenced as their schedules all happened to be freed up prior to the filming. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo knew this was the most convenient and perfect time to tell the other members, who over the years had become their second family. They hoped for the best, and that the other members would approve of their relationship, or at the very least tolerate it.

They were all starving, and had ordered a bowl of chicken ginseng soup each and plenty of rice for nourishment and energy to keep going for the whole day. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo were glad they managed to get to sit next to each other, so they could send each other furtive glances, trying to figure out the best time to make their little announcement. 

Eventually, when they were certain no restaurant staff were in their general vicinity and capable of overhearing something that could very likely implicate them, Jong Kook cleared his throat for attention.

"Erm... Ji Hyo and I have an announcement to make." Jong Kook said awkwardly, feeling his face heat up as all the other members stared at him. It was like he was an elementary student being forced to admit his crush. Except he was a grown man. Who was dating said 'crush'. And he wasn't being forced to admit a thing as his confession was voluntary. 

"Yeah. It's more of a confession, really." Ji Hyo added.

"Oh really? What is it?" Jae Suk asked, pretending that he and all the other members had no idea what Jong Kook and Ji Hyo were talking about.

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo looked to each other. 

"Put simply..." They said this simultaneously, before proceeding to hold hands and interlock fingers.

"Come on then, don't keep us in suspense- what is it?" Kwang Soo feigned ignorance and pretended he did not get the message to tease his Hyung and Noona. 

"Yah- we're trying to say that we're dating!" Ji Hyo whispered in infuriation, making the other members crack up, with the exception of Jong Kook of course.

"You guys think we don't know?" Haha asked as he chuckled in disbelief.

"The two of you are so obvious it's painful!" Suk Jin added with a laugh. 

"Wait, so all of you... knew?" Jong Kook asked suspiciously. 

"Yeah!" All the five members answered in unison. 

"Even Gary Oppa? But I thought you were only suspicious of me last week because of the phone call?" Ji Hyo asked.

"Yeah, I knew that was Jong Kook Hyung you were talking to. I just wanted to mess with you." Gary said with a sheepish shrug.

Ji Hyo's jaw dropped. She couldn't even bring herself to get mad at him for the emotional turmoil he had caused her that day anymore. It was just all too ridiculous, knowing that their 'big announcement' was something they were apparently aware of.

"But... How did you guys know?" Jong Kook asked finally, echoing Ji Hyo's thoughts.

Kwang Soo spoke up. "Are you kidding me? The way the two of you act around each other sometimes should be illegal! And it has only intensified in the what? Last month or so? At least now we can finally call you two out when you're being ridiculous."

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo blushed. Were they really that obvious?

"By the way, how long have the two of you been together?" Jae Suk asked, a very purposeful look on his face.

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo turned to each other. "About... Two months?"

"Yes!" Suk Jin cheered out of the blue. "You guys all owe me fifty dollars each!" 

The four members in question turned angrily to Suk Jin. He had given the game away.

"You guys made bets on us?" Jong Kook asked, in a tone less than happy.

"Can you really blame us? We had to put up with the two of you for so long; we can't have our fun too?" Haha asked as pitifully as he could in order to avoid receiving the wrath of Jong Kook and Ji Hyo. 

Jong Kook sighed. "Fine, I'll let it slide just this once."

"Okay so since you've forgiven us and all, are you two sure you've only been dating two months? Not three?" Haha asked boldly, his attitude changing completely. 

"Yeah, sure it wasn't just one?" Kwang Soo asked.

"Four?" Gary interjected.

"A year?" Jae Suk tried hopefully, only to get strange looks from Jong Kook and Ji Hyo.

"Seriously Oppa? A year? That's a bit too far off isn't it?" Ji Hyo asked in disbelief.

Jae Suk shrugged. "Come on. You know I'm not good with bets!"

 

 

The first thought that came to Jong Kook's mind when he saw Ji Hyo in that suit was: Are you ing kidding me?

Why? Because he found Ji Hyo to look incredibly stunning, attractive, and cute in that getup. And it wasn't fair to his eyes. It just wasn't fair in general. He didn't think he looked good in a dress, so why did Ji Hyo have to look so goddamn fantastic? 

He made sure to approach and tell her that before all the other members got changed and they were all hooked up with their microphones. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter