Soccer (153,154)

The Unseen And Unheard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Ji Sung and Koo Ja Cheol were the guests that day, and everyone was happily welcoming Ja Cheol and catching up with Ji Sung. By luck and Ji Sung's life choices, Jong Kook and Ji Hyo ended up on the same team.

They played leg-volleyball for the first mission- basically a mixture of soccer and volleyball, and to be very blunt about this Jong Kook and Ji Hyo did terribly.

It all started when Ji Hyo missed a ball because it flew over her head. Ji Hyo apologized and Jong Kook went up to comfort her and tell her that it was all ok. It was apparent to Jong Kook that ball games were one of the few things Ji Hyo was not an Ace at. And he decided he wanted to help her more so that she would not have too many mistakes to blame herself over, which Jong Kook knew she would. 

He began looking at Ji Hyo more and telling her to leave the ball when he saw a chance for him to rush forward and help. Unfortunately, he was not as adept as he thought he was and he dropped the ball several times. The nervousness from messing up caused him to mess up even more, and soon he was declared the black hole of the team.

Never mind. Better he the black hole than Ji Hyo.  

During the strategizing break the staff gave them, Ji Hyo ran off to the sides to get bottles of water. She handed one to Jong Kook first.

"Thank you, Ji Hyo-yah." He unscrewed the bottle cap and took a refreshing sip. He didn't know whether he was right or not, but he always got the feeling that Ji Hyo would always attend to his needs first. No matter how many of the other members suffered along with him during any physically grueling activity- when it was over Ji Hyo would always attend to him first. He got all her muscle massages, he always got the first bottle of water she took for the group. Was it just him? Was it a coincidence? Was he imagining things? 

Or was it true? And did Ji Hyo do it on purpose? 

They ended up winning that game, and soon they headed off to a restaurant for dinner and a post-dinner game.

It was the asking questions bomb game, and basically the players had to ask and answer questions back and forth and the person with a pending question to answer when the alarm went off would be eliminated.

And for some reason Jong Kook and Ji Hyo were eliminated one after the other immediately. 

"Wow, we really at this game don't we?" Jong Kook whispered to Ji Hyo as they sat side by side and laughed together at the others while they were playing.

And it would make one think- were these two connected spiritually? It was like- if one of them were good at something the other would also be just as good, while if one of them were bad at something the other followed suit. 

Anyway, they all went for the last mission- which was protecting the queen's name tag. 

Ji Hyo got to go in the building first and she was blindfolded and taken into an unknown part of the building. She was hoping her teammates- especially Jong Kook would hurry up and back her up soon because a nightmare scenario would be to get caught while she was unguarded and ganged up on by the other team. She shuddered at the thought, knowing she couldn't take on more than one person at a time. 

She was glad to hear Ja Cheol enter the building early and glad that he was able to find her quickly, too. But despite his reliability the one she was waiting for was Jong Kook. What? She trusted him.

"Kim Jong Kook has entered the building, Kim Jong Kook has entered the building." Ji Hyo couldn't help but do a cheer on her own while huddled under a table when she heard that announcement. Finally he had arrived. 

"Ji Hyo-yah, are you there? It's Jong Kook Oppa." Jong Kook took a few minutes to contact Ji Hyo because he was trying to oust the other team with Ja Cheol.

"Oppa, why did you take so long!" Ji Hyo wanted to chide him for taking a long time to check on her after entering too, but she held it in.

"I'm sorry- but you should probably hide somewhere dark and inaccessible right now. The entirety of the other team is here and they'll probably split up to look for you. Be careful ok?"

She wanted so badly to be spiteful and claim she knew because she heard the announcements introducing all their entrances and making her scared because she couldn't hear his. But she knew he was doing his best and his heart was in the right place, so she agreed and went to a dark room in the laboratory and hid under a cramped table.

Jong Kook was right. Soon, Ji Hyo heard a muffled voice and footsteps that prompted her to make a quick call for help. She whispered pleas for help hurriedly into the the walkie-talkie microphone and braced herself to defend at all costs.

Oh. It was Gary.

She began to act as pitifully as she could, and Gary began to engage in talk about how he used to let her go during the hide and seek games in the early days of Running Man. Ji Hyo nodded and agreed with everything he said but she was mostly afraid that no one would come in time to help her or more people would enter to back Gary up.

Ji Hyo started thinking about the early days of Running Man too. If she was being honest- Jong Kook let her go a lot of times during hide and seek then too. He was always dubbed the antagonist that Ji Hyo was to never tell about Gary letting her go in the hide and seek games. 

But Jong Kook would often fall victim to Ji Hyo's tactics and charms too- though most of it was not aired as she used many of the same tactics she used on Gary on Jong Kook as well. Jong Kook always pretended to be angry that Gary would let Ji Hyo go but he forced Gary to catch Ji Hyo often because he didn't want to do it himself. 

Soon Ja Cheol burst through the door and began eliminating Gary. It snapped Ji Hyo out of her thoughts

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter