Ice Stick (228)

The Unseen And Unheard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They were playing the second game of the second mission, and the Yellow Team was scheduled to go last, after the two other teams had had their turns. After finding out that the game was the Pepero Kiss game with a huge ice stick, the Yellow Team seemed to be having a crisis- which two of them should be playing the game? 

"It should be the two of you guys. Won't we get a better score then?" Ji Hyo suggested. 

"No we won't. I'll make sure that ice stick shatters with my first bite on it. It should be the two of you." Suk Jin retorted. 

"Why are you making this so hard? Just play the game, Hyung." Jong Kook complained. His heart was beating much too fast at the notion of having to play a game with Ji Hyo where they'd be in a proximity much too close. 

"I really hate this game. You two do it." Suk Jin insisted, refusing to back down. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo both sighed. Neither had outright refused to do the game with each other, but instead kept suggesting other options.

"Why don't we just play rock paper scissors to decide it?" Jong Kook suggested in an exasperated voice. But Suk Jin refused again, knowing his bad luck.

Eventually it was their turn and Ji Hyo turned to the cameras to complain.

"Suk Jin Oppa refuses to do it with both myself and Jong Kook Oppa!" She whined unhappily.

"Let's just play rock paper scissors to decide it!" Jong Kook added, which Ji Hyo heartily agreed with. 

"No, you two do it." Suk Jin kept insisting. "I really hate this game."

"He says he really hates this game!" Ji Hyo told the others.

"But you have a reason to do it!" Jong Kook nagged, yet Suk Jin refused to budge. Eventually, the other members agreed that a game of rock paper scissors really was the best way to decide on the players. 

Unfortunately for Jong Kook and Ji Hyo however, they both put out paper and Suk Jin won the round with scissors. So they had to it up and do it. Their defeat caused the others to heavily tease them.

"Suk Jin Hyung always puts out scissors!"

"You two agreed to put out paper together, didn't you?" Suk Jin joked. 

All the members were looking forward to watching the game between Jong Kook and Ji Hyo, who were nervous beyond belief. They couldn't even hear the other members making a ruckus over them, and they could barely make out a response when Suk Jin told them they had to win. 

Jong Kook didn't even realize until it was heavily pointed out that he had his eyes shut even before the game began. But he couldn't help it. It was impossible to look into Ji Hyo's eyes. He felt very disorientated at that moment, his mind flooded with fear. But what did he fear? Ji Hyo didn't look any more comfortable than he did, and she was averting her gaze, not really looking at him either. 

And then the game began.

Nervous bite after nervous bite had everyone standing on the tips of their toes, and sitting on the edges of their seat. The tense silence was occasionally broken by quips and remarks made by the other members, but all Jong Kook and Ji Hyo could feel was heat, and fear. Which was genuinely strange since they were both biting on a huge stick of ice. 

They couldn't look at each other any longer, and soon both of their eyes were closed. But as the two closed their eyes, what they saw wasn't darkness, but something else entirely.

There was a feeling of déjà vu. Like somehow, someway, they had been in a similar situation before. Scenes flooded their minds. Scenes that felt too real to be a dream or a fantasy. Scenes that felt like distorted memories. 

And it was shocking really, how a simple game that reeked of intimacy could do this to the both of them, the Commander and the Ace. Had they...

"Do you two like each other-" Suk Jin's sudden question scared the two out of their wits, given the thoughts they were having. The ice stick broke, shattering the thoughts they were having about the same kiss, and shattering any chance they had at winning.

In a way, Jong Kook and Ji Hyo were disappointed, and in a way, Jong Kook and Ji Hyo were relieved. But they kept harping on their thoughts after the game.

Why did they suddenly get such vivid thoughts of kissing each other if they never had?

Unless... did they? 

The scenes played over and over in their minds, as if triggered by being in a position where their lips had to touch. Why did the scenes feel so familiar?

And why were they in a hotel room? 

It was all too surreal, and it could not be ignored any longer no matter how hard they tried. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo realized that they had to work up the courage to talk to each other about this. No matter what the consequences. And no matter how weird it would make them seem.

They started the third mission, and were tasked to find a vaccine. Jong Kook insisted on going with Ji Hyo.

"And you're leaving me to fend for myself alone?" Suk Jin didn't understand the logic, but what could he do? "Oh well, find the vaccine fast please."

Jong Kook felt at ease to be with Ji Hyo, yet nervous at the same time. He knew there was no way he could even begin to broach the subject at all with cameras around. But he still wanted to be with her. As if staring at her face could make him feel less confused.

Unfortunately, he got tackled and eliminated by a wrestler, sending him straight to jail. So much for sticking with Ji Hyo. 

Going to jail before anyone else actually

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter