(31) The Road To Acceptance (2)

Unexpected

(31) Road To Acceptance (2) 

 

Now that Jessica has approved Yerin to be with her baby daughter, the couple seemed to be more in love. Yerin became bold in expressing her affection towards the pink-haired girl, something she does not usually do when she was with Joy. 

 

Sowon found this amusing. No, maybe even greater than that, her friend may have been learning one or two from her! With the way Yerin acts towards her girlfriend, and Sinb trying so hard to control herself not to give in to the brunette's being a bad flirt, Sowon knew Yerin was free to express her love without a doubt. Yerin was even able to kiss Sinb inside the meeting room with the higher ups looking at them! (She was accompanying Yerin that time when the brunette was to give her girlfriend her lunch.) 

 

My, how bold of her friend! 

 

And it seemed that the couple skipped even being girlfriends to Sowon's eyes. The public display of affection was so... so like a married couple! The only difference was, if we were to ask Sowon, the way Sinb would try her best to act cool and then blushing so hard to all her friend's antics. 

 

Just like now. 

 

They were going to the farmhouse to visit the newly renovated rest house of her girlfriend and Yerin. Yerin had the house undergone an overhaul reconstruction when she had Eunha's room redesigned. She also made her room much bigger and added another two for guests and... that got Sowon thinking, what's the other room for? 

 

But enough of thinking! She withdrew her gaze on the road for a second to look at her rearview mirror and saw Sinb asleep against Yerin's right shoulder and her left hand being played by her naughty friend. Sowon smirk, she knew that look on Yerin's face. It really says it all. 

 

"How could your wife sleep when you're practically playing with her hand?" Eunha suddenly blurted out. "Give Sinb a break, please?"

 

Yerin's face became beet red when she heard the word 'wife.' How in the hell did her sister even came to think of that?! Holy cheeseballs...

 

Sowon laughed. "That got you right?" 

 

"N-no!" Yerin denied and she accidentally nudged Sinb. Good thing Aphrodite's daughter was still asleep and just scooted closer to her girlfriend, resting her head at the crook of Yerin's neck. "Will you stop with the teasing already. We're not in that stage yet." Yerin whispered, albeit being shy when she said it. 

 

"Then stop being with being so clingy," Eunha hissed. 

 

"Eyy, don't tell me you're jealous because you can't cling to the driver?" Yerin teased back. 

 

Eunha just puffed her cheeks. Well, what her sister told her was true though. If only Yerin could drive then, she could cuddle up to her girlfriend... which, sadly, did not happen. She does not even know where in the hell did her freaking sister got that bad driver ability from her their parents.

 

Which led her to remember, did her sister already told Sinb that she would meet their parents once they go into the farmhouse? 

 

"Oh girl, Eunha could cling to me and do better things than what your bratty girlfriend can give you," Sowon teased and that made Eunha snap out of her thoughts. She became red almost instantly. 

 

"Wha--" Yerin stopped too when something dirty crossed her mind. Holy canoodles! Did she mean those things?! "Yah! Sowon! You freaking friend of a--"

 

"What's with the noise?" Sinb irritably asked as she woke up from her slumber. 

 

"N-nothing Bi," Yerin almost immediately went back to whisper mode. "It's just that this driver of ours seemed to teach my sister a lot." 

 

"Hmm?" Sinb hummed as she urged the brunette to continue. "Teach her what? My, I won't even be surprised if she has to teach her girlfriend some things."

 

Eunha's eyebrow twitched. The freak does she want to insinuate?! "And what do you imply on that?!"

 

Oh girl, Yerin thought as she heaved a sigh. They still have an hour or so before they reached the place, and there goes Sinb and Eunha again. Sowon could only share a sigh too as she slightly shook her head as if to say she long gave up trying to calm the two down.

 

They really have a long way to go.

 

----

 

"Look at those two," Umji whispered to Yuju before taking a sip from the soda she bought at the mini store. "Are those two fighting?" 

 

Yuju was busy taking a bite of the drumstick she has and just hummed when Umji told her to look at the bickering couple next to Sowon's jeep. Why would she even bother? They have been travelling for two  hours along the expressway and just got to a stop over. Oh girl was she tired from all the ride. So taking a care on what Yerin and Sinb bickering about was out of her freaking concern. 

 

But a pinch from her side kept her in check that she should not disobey her girlfriend when she has something to talk about. Oh what a day for the redhead. 

 

"A lover's quarrel is normal for a couple to take, Umji." Yuju just deadpanned answered as she took a brief check to where Yerin and Sinb at. "I mean, them probably bickering if Sinb's fat or not is like a normal sight for me to see."

 

Umji raised a brow on that. "You mean to say, they're quarreling almost everyday?" She returned her gaze at the gasoline station not far away from where they stand, checking the duo outside Sowon's jeep looking like the talk will not be over for another minute. Sinb was fuming red and was ready to leave a sorry Yerin behind, but her friend holding tightly on the pregnant woman's hand. 

 

"Oh believe me they are," Yuju confirmed as they started to walk to where her motorcycle was parked. "But don't worry, they'll make up soon. My chief's just a softie when Yerin would pursue her. Must be the hormones."

 

"How I wish it's not just that Yuju, but because she loves how my partner pursues her." Umji remarked. 

 

"What the hell are those two doing?!" Sowon's voice pitched as she went out of the mini store. "I left them for a second and they're quarreling already?!"

 

"Just let them," Yuju answered back as she put on her helmet. This was nothing new to her. Heck, is this even the result of seeing the lovebirds bicker every day? She was immune to it already. 

 

"How could I just leave them like that?!" Sowon said as she ran towards the direction of her car. "They might burn my jeep!" 

 

She hurriedly parted the two and sent death glares to Sinb. Sinb just huffed and went back to the mini store. Yerin was about to follow her but Sowon's grip kept her in place. "Now, what was that?" 

 

"What was that?" Yerin reiterated. Holy canoodles! Of course they fought again! Sometimes Yerin just wished for a day where she would not deal with how Sinb's mood would just drop in a second. Tough life for her part. 

 

Suddenly, the window on the passenger's seat side opened and revealed a munching Eunha. "Well, big sister looked at some feisty woman going out from the mini store and maybe she stared for little bit and her wife got jealous. Sinb went out of the car, unnie followed, and there you have it. A minute of me enjoying the scene." She recapped. She has been inside the car for the whole duration of the lover's quarrel and Eunha found them amusing to even stop them. 

 

Oh great. 

 

Now that Eunha mentioned it, Yerin's eyes widened. 

 

Sinb went to the mini store not long ago right? 

 

Oh freak. 

 

Yerin took Sowon's grasp forcefully and ran towards the mini store. Sinb might do something in there, no scratch that, she knew Sinb will  do something! And she need to stop the Sinb mayhem that could start inside the store. 

 

Sowon was left dumbfounded and just stared at the running Yerin in front. "What was that?"

 

"Hm?" Eunha hummed. "In case you still don't know yet, I think what you saw is true love running to stop a brewing chaos."

 

"Should I even stop them?" Sowon asked. Well, she was unsure of what could happen inside the store. And Yuju and Umji was just staring back too. 

 

Eunha smirked as she finished her Cheetos. "Let them. Don't you think it's cute though?"

 

"Cute? You're calling that cute?!" Sowon could not believe her ears. But Eunha held her chin in place, directing to where Eunha was and saw her girlfriend smiled cutely. 

 

"They'll make up soon. With unnie being clingy like that, I know Sinb couldn't resist it."

 

----

 

And so the day goes by with Sinb still not wanting to make up with her girlfriend. How come she managed to play hard-to-get? Not really, it was just that whenever she would soften for Yerin, somehow other girls manages to grab her girlfriend's attention. And she freaking does not like it. 

 

She wants Yerin's attention to her only. No other woman involved. 

 

But it seemed Yerin's eyes are just wandering anywhere and not her which was making her a tad irked. So... no, she was not playing hard-to-get at all. She was pissed and that was what kept her from making up with her girlfriend. 

 

Like now when all six of them where seated in the grassy lawn in front of the newly renovated house while the Wonha couple (Sinb decided to call them that in her head) was busy making skewers and the Yumji couple busy taking photos of each other. And how about them, you ask? 

 

Well, they were still seated beside each other. It was just that Sinb does not want to talk nor look at Yerin. And Yerin was silently getting frustrated. She was running out of ideas on how will she make Sinb forgive her. Sometimes she wishes her eyes have patches like those horses in carriages so Sinb would not even think that she was looking on other girls. 

 

She was not looking on every woman they met on that day! Swear to God she did not! She only looked at the woman in the gasoline station because she liked the shoes the woman was wearing! 

 

"Where are you looking at?" Sinb suddenly asked her. She quickly diverted her gaze on her girlfriend to avoid misunderstanding since she knew how much of moody pregnant woman was Aphrodite's daughter. And she does not want to have a taste of it today. 

 

But the freaking sandals was just too good! Where could she buy it? 

 

"Uhh..." She trailed as her mind was still rambling about the woman's footwear. 

 

"I see you're looking at her . Was her satisfying to watch?" Sinb suddenly blurted out.

 

Oh shoot. Where in the hell did she get that?! 

 

"N-No! I'm not looking at her !" She answered immediately, but thought it was too late when Sinb went out of the jeep. Oh girl... "Wait, Sinb!" 

 

"What?" Sinb said coldly. 

 

"I was just looking at her shoes!" She reasoned out while holding out to Sinb. She should have not looked. Oh creepers, why did she even bother to look!

 

"You think I would believe it?" Sinb sarcastically challenged then flipped her hair. "Nu-uh honey. Try again with a much more valid reason." 

 

Oh geez.

 

And there was another one. Right when they jumped out of Sowon's jeep. 

 

She went out first to assist Sinb in getting out but a woman suddenly called out her name and turned out, it was a friend that lives nearby the farmhouse. Ciao Lu was a cheery person. A very cheery person in fact, and when she saw Yerin, she cold not help but to hug and kiss her friend for meeting her again. 

 

Yerin froze on her spot. Uh-oh. She felt those icy stares behind her back and she swore she felt not only one pair but three. Oh girl. 

 

"I've never seen you around," Eunha commented as she took a look on Ciao Lu. 

 

What? Yerin turned around to face her younger sister to make a face that says 'how could you say that?' Of course Eunha knew her! There's no way she could not know her... unless... oh girl. 

 

"So that's what's keeping you from staying at the house every weekend," Sinb flatly remarked and instead of going out using Yerin's side, she went out on the opposite direction. 

 

"Eh?" Ciao Lu innocently said to which Yerin just sighed and pulled slowly from her friend. 

 

'This is harder than I thought.'

 

"Sinb?" Yerin warily started. She was just hoping her girlfriend would not snap on her like what she did awhile back. "A-are you still mad?"

 

Sinb just glanced at her with the infamous scary glare and that made Yerin shut up. "Don't even start."

 

----

 

Yerin was pacing back and forth in the front lawn. She was clearly distracted at how Sinb manages to snob her everytime she would try to get close. She even lost all the enthusiasm to show her girlfriend the three greenhouses not faw away from the farmhouse. 

 

"You got a big problem here, Yerin." Yuju popped her frustrated bubble of thoughts. "This might be the longest fight I've ever come to witness that features the both of you." 

 

Yerin sighed. "Well, your friend seemed to be immuned to all my efforts here." 

 

Yuju saw a log nearby and went to take a seat. "Sowon told me what happened. Seemed like my Chief's reached her limit of being insecure huh. And you're not even taking notice."

 

"Why would she even be insecure? I got my eyes to her only," Yerin answered back. 

 

"But you know pregnant women. I think you need to step up your game."

 

"But how?" Yerin asked the redhead. Yuju just shook her head no as if telling her that she could not help her this time. Yerin just heaved a sigh. 

 

This fight is getting way out of hand. 

 

----

 

And true enough to her prediction, Sinb did not even want her to sleep on the same bed! So she ended up sleeping to the last room that was unoccupied. She was not supposed to open the room but because of Sinb's fury, she thought she has no choice. 

 

Oh how she wished Sinb would just forgive her already. 

 

She lit the lamp shade she personally bought and found the moon shaped light inside it pretty. It was enough to illuminate the room and she found herself lying on the floor. Yerin smiled when she saw the printed clouds and pairs of yellow ducks and red lifebouys in the wallpaper. 

 

Then her eyes travelled to the side of the room where lots of cute stuff toys are stacked neatly. But what caught her eyes the most was the picture of her parents that was in display over the table next to her and Eunha's picture. She slowly stood up and went to where the cabinet was and took hold of the picture. 

 

She planned to take Sinb to her parents tomorrow, but with the way things turned out, she was having second thoughts about it. Not that she does not want Sinb to meet her parents, she was afraid that Sinb might not come with her in the first place.

 

"Just how will I make Sinb forgive me?" She whispered to herself while looking at the picture. 

 

"Take her tomorrow to our parents," Eunha chided as she closed the door behind her. Yerin did not even felt a presence has entered the room and was surprised when someone answered back at her. She even thought that the picture talked to her! God, doors are made to be knocked before entering! 

 

Yerin clutched her chest as she wobbly placed the picture to its original place. She looked at her sister with worried eyes. "How could I? She's still mad at me, and me being here is the proof of it." 

 

Eunha smiled and grabbed a panda stuffed toy and played with it. "She will never be mad at you unnie."

 

Yerin quirked an eyebrow at that. What does she mean by that? "Can't you see how she doesn't want to talk to me? And that thing with Ciao Lu, why did you even say that you don't know her when you've practically made burgers with her one time? You know Sinb was not in a good mood before that." 

 

"I love her reactions to you unnie," Eunha said. "Can't you see how in love she is with you that she can't bear the thought of you looking for another one? That's what it's all about here. She will never get mad at you. She just needs an assurance that it is only her which you'll only look at."

 

Oh. Yerin was silent for a moment. She knew Sinb loves her, Aphrodite's daughter even made a vow with her that she loves her more than what she thought of. It just never crossed her mind that Sinb was capable of being jealous and just pointed to the fact that it must be the hormones. Oh what a fool she was. 

 

Sinb was jealous. Not because she was insecure about herself being pregnant and bloated, but because there was a deep concern and wary from her part that she might not be enough and that being preganat and bloated may have played a little factor in it. Sinb was having those thoughts too. 

 

And here she was thinking about herself not even deserving to have Aphrodite's daughter. 

 

"And how does the taking her to our parents come to relate on that?" Yerin asked her sister who was now yawning. 

 

"Remember what you told them?" Eunha started as she went closer to her sister and hugged her. "You said you'll have them meet that one person who would never make you cry like what they did. And I think Sinb's the one person on earth that would never make you cry again, unnie. I saw it as I was observing the both of you."

 

Yerin hugged Eunha tightly. The words have long been said but it was still ringing in her ears. She burrowed her face against her younger sister's neck for comfort as she remembered what happened. She was weak for this, thank the heavens Eunha was much more stable handling what happened years ago. 

 

"A-are you basically telling me that you accept Sinb now?" Yerin said in between huffs of breaths. 

 

Eunha chuckled. "It might seem to you that I despise her, which I was unnie. But not until recently when I saw how Sinb looked at you that night in the parking lot when we came. Right there, I knew I don't have any rights to accuse Sinb of taking interest to anyone. Unnie, you have Sinb all to yourself and I think she was even begging you to make her yours." 

 

Yerin's cheeks flushed red. 'Tell me I'm yours...' So that's what it meant. 

 

"So I think, it's time for them to know who Sinb is right?" Eunha said as she leaned away and looked at their parents' picture. 

 

----

 

"What's with the sour mood early in the morning?" Yuju pointed pointed out when she checked the living room and saw Sinb slumped in one side of the couch pouting. "The sun came out today, Chief! You need to be outside to feel how good today is!" She tried to cheer the her somber chief but it seemed Sinb did not even acknowledge her presence. 

 

Yuju swore dealing with a pregnant woman was such a pain in the . 

 

"I think I should leave you here, I don't want to get affected by all your sulking." Yuju said. Of course she was just joking. She would never leave her friend like that but sometimes, she knew when to give her friend some space. What even happened last night? She was busy stargazing with Umji in the guest room she did not have time to check if the two had already made up. 

 

Guess they're still fighting?

 

"Oh but the sun really didn't came out," Sinb suddenly remarked. Did she just answered Yuju's question? Yuju does not know since Sinb was still sulking while looking at the window. 

 

Yuju went to take a peek outside and it was sunny though. What the hell is her friend talking about? "You're weird. The sun is way up in the clouds you dork! How come it didn't came out?"

 

Sinb just scoffed. Yuju would not understand anyway, why did she even bother to answer? "That's not what I'm talking about."

 

"But you literally told me that the sun didn't come out," 

 

"My sun didn't came out. She went out without letting me know where she went." Sinb flatly explained. Why was she explaining things in the first place? Yerin might be at that woman's house, she thought. Oh girl... Why did she even think of that? Now her day was ruined. She ran a hand through her hair to contain the frustration. "Well she could be at her house for all I care!" 

 

Yuju got surprised at the sudden outburst. Did she ticked Sinb off? Fudge, just where was Yerin when her volcano kind of a girlfriend was fuming mad?!

 

----

 

It was afternoon when Yerin and Eunha came back at the farmhouse. Sowon immediately went to hug Eunha and out they went to the kitchen to bond over some home made burgers. Yuju and Umji came to follow next and Sinb was left with Yerin inside the living the room. 

 

Yerin was just standing close to the front door, not making any initiative to move. She noted how Sinb averted her eyes to not meet hers and was just seated on the couch. Yerin could not help but sigh and looked to the ground. This fight has been dragging on for two days in a row now and they still haven't made up. 

 

And for sure, there was another reason why Sinb was mad. She did not even let Sinb know where she was. But Yerin has good reason on why she did not let Sinb know in the first place. Because she will take her there. She just needs Sinb to come along with her. 

 

But inviting her would be such a challenge. 

 

Yerin gulped and slowly walked, not in Sinb's direction but to the kitchen where the other four was. She was thinking Sinb might not like her presence near her so she opted to go to the kitchen first. But before she could do that, she needs to inform Sinb on where she went. "I just went to someplace where I was needed. That's all." 

 

"That's all?" Sinb asked while not looking at her girlfriend. Truth be told, she was having a hard time not looking at Yerin. She badly missed her girlfriend's face, but she needs to act firm. Not until Yerin tells her to what place she went to. "You're not even going to tell me which place is it?"

 

"I'm not planning to since telling the name of the place is a no-no for this house." Yerin said sternly. No, she would not dare say it. Her hands rolled into fists as she said those words.

 

"And why is that?!" Sinb's voice thundered. "Why can't you tell me where you went?!"

 

"I told you, we don't speak that place in this house. But if you'll let me..." Yerin trailed. She was hesitating since a growing picture of SInb rejecting her was imminent. "I'll take you to that place so you could meet them."

 

What? Sinb was confused all of a sudden. Who will she meet? She was intrigued but she will not be swayed by that. "I don't want and you can't make me." 

 

Yerin's clenching her fists so hard her knuckles turned to white. She knew Sinb would reject it. Ever since she got into the useless fight with her, her frustrations just kept on piling up and maybe she reached her limit on that moment. She even wanted to burst right there at that moment. 

 

But Yerin did not do it. She just closed her eyes and called for Sowon. Albeit to the duo, the four had been watching them and they were worried since it was their first time witnessing how Sinb and Yerin tried to control both their tempers. But with Sinb's voice thundering and Yerin's calling to Sowon a bit tensed, they knew the couple was nearing bursting at each other. 

 

"Where's your keys?" She asked the tall one. Sowon immediately threw her car keys to which Yerin caught in one hand. Yerin said her thanks and looked at Sinb seriously. 

 

Sinb sensed something was wrong with the way Yerin looked at her. Did she made her cute reckless being mad? Suddenly, Sinb was having thoughts of taking her words back. Well, she does not mean to anger Yerin. She was just feeling frustrated that Yerin did not even bother to tell her where she was at. But before she could say something, a hand grabbed her right hand and dragged her out of the house. 

 

"W-wait Yerin!" Sinb called out but it seemed Yerin could not hear her. She heard Sowon and Umji calling Yerin's name too but Yerin did not bother to look back. And it was all too sudden for Sinb as she found herself seated at the passenger seat. She looked at the driver's seat and there was Yerin turning the engine to life. "Y-you're going to drive?"

 

Since when did Yerin learned how to drive?! Last time she checked, Yerin did not went to get her license as she chickened out the last minute. Why would Yerin drive now? 

 

Yerin looked at Sinb with those serious eyes as she leaned forward to buckle Sinb up. Sinb saw how Sowon practically skipped to reach Yerin's side and tried to open the door. With the frantic looks written among their friends' faces, Sinb suddenly got nervous. 

 

Just what is Yerin doing?!

 

"I'm sorry for even forcing you to come with me, but I don't know any way to make you come," Yerin said softly and manuevered the car to God knows where she would take her girlfriend. 

 

----

 

"Oh shoot! Why did I even give her the damn keys!" Sowon said frantically. Eunha just grabbed her girlfriend's hand and smiled. Sowon looked at her and got confused. Why was Eunha not worried for her sister? "Why are you still smiling?"

 

"Because I know Yerin would drive safely if Sinb is with her," Eunha simply stated. 

 

"How would you even know?" Umji asked. "You're a witness on how bad of a driver Yerin is."

 

Yuju immediately revved her motorcycle to follow the runaway couple. "Well we need to follow them! What if something goes wrong?"

 

-----

 

Sinb was nervous the whole ride but Yerin made sure that they will arrive at the place safely. It was Sinb's first time to see Yerin this serious and she swore she was regretting what she did to make Yerin mad at her. "Y-Yerin?"

 

But Yerin did not even replied. All she did was turn off the engine and got out of the  car leaving Sinb behind. Or so... Sinb thought. Yerin went to her side and opened the door for her and assisted her in getting out. 

 

"Where are we?" Sinb asked once she got a look on the place Yerin brought her to. There  in front of them was a hill with a lonely tree on top of it. Beneath the hill were slabs of white stones, some were in ruins but the purpose of making a wall was still visible. It seemed old, Sinb thought, but still well kept. 

 

 

Sinb did not have time to look more into the place as Yerin dragged her towards the hill. She wanted to say something while they are brisk-walking towards the place, but seeing Yerin's back in front her, she suddenly did not know what to say. What would she say even?

 

Ah. "I-I'm sorry..." Sinb trailed. 

 

Sinb felt the atmosphere became gloomy. No, her heart was. It was like a rainy day for her, something that only her sun could stop. But how when her sun does not even smile at her? 

 

"We're here," Yerin finally said something albeit in a whisper. She held Sinb's hand tightly like she was wanting support. She wanted to look at her girlfriend, oh how badly she wanted to, but she refrained herself. 

 

Sinb was standing beside Yerin, shock was evident in her eyes. There in front of her was giant plaque of marble stone with names printed on it and over at one side of it was a vase full of white flowers and a picture. Sinb looked at it and saw two middle-aged women, with one carrying a toddler and the other one holding out what seemed to her was Yerin when she was a kid. 

 

Could this be...

 

"I came back again Moms," Yerin started and it somewhat answered Sinb's question inside her head. She squeezed Sinb's hand that her knuckles turned white. She might be hurting Sinb with her grasp, but she needed some support right now. And she badly wanted Sinb to be that one person.

 

Sinb dared to look at her cute reckless being and what she saw made her heart sank. She never saw Yerin in this kind of pain before and those lovely eyes she fell in love with? What Sinb saw in there was pain, longing, and regret.

 

She wanted to comfort her girlfriend, maybe give a pat on the back or a hug to soothe the pain her cute reckless being was feeling. Because that's the only thing she could do for her, right? She was about reach her free hand to cup Yerin's face when the brunette started to talk again.

 

"Remember when I promised you that I'll bring that one person whom I'm sure will never make me cry like you did? I think it's time for you to meet her now," Yerin said while clenching her teeth to prevent her voice from even faltering. "It took me awhile before I found her. And I think the Gods helped me in meeting her."

 

Yerin took a gulp as memories of the accident flooded her mind. She remembered both her and Eunha was seated at the back of the car when everything happened. Their parents, their lovely parents, we're not being lovely that moment. They had a fight to which none wanted to admit they are in the wrong. Yerin could still remember their voices being loud but both she and her sister could  not do anything. She tried to stop them but her words was neglected, even telling her that a child should not meddle with the adults' affairs. 

 

Then everything became blurry for her and all that she remembered seeing was a flash of light with streaks of red in it. 

 

Then the next thing she knew, she woke up with Eunha by her side, crying until the day they went to the hill to bury their lovely, lovely parents. 

 

Yerin was mad that their parents bickered on that disastrous day. Mad that they did not stop when she told them to. Mad that they were so loud they did not hear the blaring horns of the truck. And what she was most mad of all was when she could not do anything on that moment.

 

She felt sick knowing she was only a child and could not do anything. And sick with the irony that their parents left her with so much responsibility at such a young age. What could a child do? 

 

Yerin loved her parents. And she has been longing for those years when they were still complete and having the time of their lives. She badly long for those moments. But even remembering those just brought pain to her. 

 

It seemed her heavy heart weighs more than the affection of the memories. 

 

The child in her became poisoned with the idea that nothing lasts. That everyone would leave eventually, like what her parents did. That everyone and everything was not meant to stay forever. But even though she was aware of that cruel fact, she still clings on the idea that if she could be good, then something or someone would return the loyalty she was willing to give. That despite the constant thing that was change, there could be that someone like her that is willing to stay. 

 

So Yerin promised her parents she would prove them wrong. That there could be someone willing to stay with her. Someone who will not leave nor make her cry. So she braved herself out, embracing the responsibility left to her, closed her ears to other words that could bring her self-esteem down, became cheery and outspoken and yet being that good-natured Yerin all her friends knew. 

 

And she came at one point that she thought Joy might be the one. She never felt more full and contented when she was with her. But like the saying that good things never lasts, she found herself in that lonely bar, chugging down vodkas when Joy left. At that time, she was lowkey wanting to accept defeat. 

 

Everything and everyone will leave eventually. 

 

But she still counted herself lucky for she still has her sister and friends. At least she still have people behind her back, but her promise to her parents? She was willing to let go of it at that time when she knew that people come and go like them. 

 

And then she met Sinb, almost instantly. It was like the heavens told her there was one more chance to try. And what circumstances they had put her through. Her ride with Sinb was so unexpected and hazy and just downright like a rollercoaster. But throughout that ride, she knew one thing. 

 

She did everything for Sinb without her even noticing. Things that just came out naturally. And throughout all of those things, Sinb was with her. And she bet Sinb even went out of her shell being shy and a blushing mess when she was with her.

 

Sinb never left. She was still there even when she had that though competition with her ex-girlfriend. Sinb chose her. Sinb even wanted to make her, hers. So Yerin thought Sinb was worth the risk. 

 

"You might think it's still early for me to introduce someone like her and there could be other things coming along our way, but there is one thing that I'm sure of," Yerin felt the cold wind brushed through their bodies. She have to introduce her fast or Sinb would shiver from the cold. "I love Sinb, more than anything the universe could offer me. And if that day comes that she would leave me, I think I'll have no regrets like what I did after the both of you left. I'll make sure to spend every day with her, make lots of memories with her and our baby Eunbi. They're the second or maybe the third or the last chance of how I could live my life and I'm grateful that the heavens let me be with them." 

 

She was now huffing as the lump in came out along with the tears she was braving to contain. Sinb saw her in that kind of mess, but she was grateful she managed to 'talk' with her parents about her relationship. She took the risk of jumping to that still unknown waters of Sinb. But like what she said to her parents, she will live with no regrets. 

 

Whatever obstacle or outcome her relationship with Sinb might result to, she promised never to have any regrets after. She took the risk and whatever happened, she would be forever glad that she took it. 

 

Because right now, Sinb was worth of all her everything.

 

"Let's go now?" Yerin softly said to Sinb who was still clutching her hand. But Sinb just looked at her with worried eyes. She was surprised too when Sinb wiped her tears using her thumb. Does that mean she now forgive her? 

 

Sinb looked at the plaque and memorized the names etched on it. Whatever happened to them that made her cute reckless being act like that awhile ago may not be answered now, but still she was grateful for Yerin's parents. And Sinb thought that it was her time to introduce herself formally. 

 

Sinb bowed slowly and stared for a little bit more before saying, "I just want to thank you for making Yerin. If not for the both of you, I don't think we'll be meeting in the first place or I would still be my former self."

 

Yerin just watched her girlfriend, unable to say anything. So she just stood there, her hand that was holding Sinb loosened. But when she does so, Sinb's hand would grip it tight and her thumb, grazing against her skin. So Yerin returned the firm hold, firmer and bolder, like she would not ever let go.

 

"I'm sorry too that we could not meet face to face and that I'll be forever wondering on what kind of parents you are. But I think I got a picture of you from Yerin's actions. I could tell you're both wonderful parents to her and her sister. I just knew it." Sinb complimented. Her words that came out were genuine. 

 

"I may not know what the future holds but I know your daughter has my heart. Whatever that might happen, only the heaven knows, but this I assure you... I'm only Yerin's. I just want to hear that she's mine too." 

 

Yerin smiled as she turned her girlfriend to face her. "I'm always yours Bi. These eyes, these hands, all of me, they're all yours."

 

Sinb slowly leaned in and when Yerin thought that she would receive a kiss on the lips, she felt a ticklish sensation hit her nose. Sinb kissed her on the nose! "Does this mean, I'm forgiven?" Yerin whispered. 

 

"Just don't go looking at someone else Yerin," Sinb said while pouting. "I want your eyes to focus on me." 

 

"Of course, why would I even look at some mortals when I have a goddess as a girlfriend?" Yerin teased and Sinb blushed. 

 

So they happily went down the hill after saying their good byes to Yerin's parents. While trudging the slope, Yerin felt Sinb hold on her tighten. She looked back to check if Sinb was alright but all she saw was Sinb smiling widely at her. "Why are you all smiling like that?" Yerin asked while giving Sinb her smile too. 

 

"I didn't know you have thought of a name for the baby," Sinb answered as she stopped walking. Yerin stopped too and just looked at her. "I like it." 

 

"Really? I should've asked you for your take on this and I just blurted it out." Yerin said.

 

"But I like it," Sinb answered and to stop Yerin from further questioning if she had really liked the name, she pecked her lips and whispered, "I really like it."

 

So Yerin dropped the 'really' questions and both started to head back to Sowon's jeep. It seemed that everything went well today. But there was still one problem though. 

 

Yerin does not know how to drive back! Her taking Sinb to her parent's grave was an act on impulse, she did not even knew that she could drive. And now she was being scared to drive again! 

 

Sinb just laughed when she saw Yerin's sorry face. 

 

"Let's just call them to fetch us, okay?" Sinb offered. 

 

And how embarrassing it might be for Yerin's part, the latter just nodded. 

 

Oh girl...

 

-oo0oo-

(32) Proposal Gone Wrong