(7) A Run for Reconfirmation

Unexpected

(7) A Run for Reconfirmation

Oh shoot.


That 'Aphrodite's daughter' slipped through my mouth!


Gosh! How could you be so dumb sometimes, Yerin? 


Yerin stood there, with a hand covering out of embarrassment. How did she even managed to say that out loud? That was only supposed to stay inside her brain for Pete's sake! But it seemed had a mind of its own. 


Good heavens! How could she take it back? Yerin closed her eyes shut, wishing for the ground to swallow her whole. It felt like her body was burning out of embarrassment and the lady in front has yet to say something which was very nerve-wracking for Yerin. 


"What great taste in nicknames by the way," Sinb was the first to break the ice. To be honest, she find it very amusing that someone just blurted out that she's some daughter of a goddess. Well how could she blame her? Sinb perfectly knew well that her features are to be gawked at. Damn, she knew her looks could just kill anyone. "Aphrodite's daughter huh?"


Sinb found herself in an amusing situation after being bored out of the movie and a disastrous call from her ex-girlfriend. So something good came out from something bad after all, she thought. She thanked the heavens silently that she got to meet this walking cutiepie again. 


"T-that was just a spur of the moment okay?" Yerin managed to reply despite stuttering. What the eff? First she blurted that she's Aphrodite's daughter and now she was stuttering in front of this woman, what could be next? She should be angry because this woman took advantage of her and not spouting nonsense!
Oh but wait, she called her too by a nickname right?


"What's with the cute reckless being?" Yerin retorted back. She knows she's cute, it runs in their genes but what was with being reckless? She does not understand. "As far as I know I'm not reckless like what you did to me!" 


Sinb suddenly scoffed. What the hell?! Was this girl angry at her because of a one-night stand?


Oh I take back being in an amusing situation.


"You told me to forget what happened, and here you are wanting me to be reminded of all that," Sinb said in the most Sinb-fashioned way. "Have you been thinking about it a lot these days? Can't blame you. That was so--"


"Shut up!" Yerin stopped Sinb as she put both hands to cover her ears. Gosh, she was so red right now she knew Sinb already seen it. No, she does not want to be reminded by that. She has had enough of that in her brain.


Damn the bravado of this woman!


"You took advantage of me! You knew I was drunk and yet you..." Yerin trailed as she looked at Sinb. She does not know it her eyes were playing tricks with her or if the lights inside the restroom suddenly became dim because when she looked at Sinb, she swore those eyes darkened. Like it could kill someone. 


"I took advantage of you?!" Sinb said as she rolled her eyes. Is this girl some good christian* anyways? Why does she needs to say like she was the one who wronged her? Gosh. "Tell me, where along the lines of 'bring me to your house' and 'take of my dress' did I became the one who wanted to take advantage of you?"


Damn, she's right. Yerin blushed ever more at what Sinb told her. Oh gosh, can there be some blackout already inside the restroom so she could walk out without this woman noticing?! 

"Right," Sinb finally said when Yerin does not respond and could just press her red cheeks with her hands. Though she find it too cute for Yerin to do that, she was a tad irked at what she just accused her of. After all, she was the one pregnant here! 


Or not? Sinb was not sure. 


Just when she was about to say something to Yerin again, her phone rang. She looked at it and saw a reminder that she needs to be at Dr. Kang's clinic by 6 in the afternoon. Good timing. 


Sinb was sure she wanted to tell Yerin about her situation right now and how could the brown-haired woman take responsibility for the baby. But seeing the woman now and how she was being accused of taking advantage of her, made her think otherwise. It was clear to Sinb that the woman does not like her, though she called her Aphrodite's daughter, and by the looks of it, Sinb thought that the woman even regretted having that one-night stand. 


And if that was the case, Sinb thought, she rather raise the child alone. She was in no position to force Yerin in taking up responsibility in what the latter considers a regrettable situation. Right, she would raise this baby alone, and maybe get herself another girlfriend whom she can introduce to her child as the 'other' mother. 


"Anyways," Sinb looked up after checking her phone. "I need to run now. Nice meeting you again." 


Oh no, she's leaving. Yerin thought. Their second meeting was so tensed and awkward she still has yet to know if she got the other woman pregnant or even if she was pregnant. She saw Sinb opening the door and was about to leave. "Wait miss!"


"So I'm not Aphrodite's daughter now?" Sinb said as she looked back. 


"Uhm, could you take me to the hospital?" Yerin asked her. She needed to know.


Sinb, on the other hand, was surprised at the sudden request. Wait, does Yerin knew she was pregnant? "W-why the hospital?" 

 

----

 

"Now where could she be?" Yuju asked no one in particular as she checked the restroom to look for Sinb. "She never came back at the cinema." 


Yuju tried to call her friend while getting something from her shoulder bag, all while walking. But the other line does not pick-up. Yuju sighed as she arranged her things and Sinb's small purse in her shoulder bag. 


She was so focused on her things while walking out the theater when she bumped into someone. "Ow!" 


"Oh, I'm sorry!" A cat-eyed woman said as she held Yuju in the arms to steady her. "Are you alright?" 


Yuju looked at the woman who bumped her. Oh God, what pretty eyes and soothing voice she has! Yuju was stunned at the beauty in front of her she just kept...well, staring. 


"Uhm?" The woman said as she was unsure if Yuju was alright. 


"Hey Umji!" A tall woman called her. "Let's go, we still need to find Yerin."


So Umji was her name huh?


Umji hesitantly bowed her head to the redhead she just bumped with. She was thinking twice if she should leave the woman at that moment because it seemed the woman was not responding well to her. But they need to find Yerin, so she loosened the grip she has on the redhead and went to follow Sowon and Eunha. 


"Who was that?" Eunha asked Umji while handing Sowon her phone. She does not want to call her sister since Yerin would not pick up when she tried. Maybe if it was Sowon, Yerin would answer. Oh, as if. 


"I don't know, we accidentally bumped each other and I just helped her," Umji explained. 


"Oh, I thought you know her. She seemed to know you." Eunha answered back. "She was staring at you in a weird way anyways." 

 

----

 

"What you're experiencing is pretty normal," Dr. Kang said to Yerin as the latter just finished her test. "You not having your period on date was due to stress. Maybe you're overworking yourself or you've been in a very stressing situation." 


So she's not pregnant. Yerin could finally be at peace she let out a sigh. At least she could sleep properly now. 


"Thank you for that doc," Yerin answered as she beamed Dr. Kang a smile. It has been a while since she smiled a genuine one, she thought. Maybe because a thorn was suddenly taken out of her? 


"What did I miss?" Sinb asked as soon as she entered the clinic. She just finished a work call and so she missed the whole Yerin test.  


"If you're here awhile ago then you wouldn't miss a thing," Dr. Kang replied coldly to Sinb. "And I wouldn't have to repeat myself."


Sinb quirked an eyebrow at her mother's doctor. "Uhm?"


"You know I hate repeating myself you little Jessica," Dr. Kang said as she stood up from her chair and went near to Sinb who was seated across Yerin. "And here I thought, we're going to examine someone pregnant. You just want to waste my time now do you?" 


Yerin looked at them skeptically. Why was Dr. Kang getting so mad over a trivial thing? As far as Yerin knows, Sinb told her that her Ob-gyne just came back and would not accommodate patients except for them. Oh, maybe she still wants to rest. Yes, that could be it. 

 

----

 

Yerin was uncomfortable sitting inside Sinb's car. How could she, when what they were riding was the same car where they had an intense make-out. She remembered all those kisses, s, and touches and maybe imagined more of it while on ride with Sinb.

 
"What's with the face?" Sinb asked as they went out of the mall's parking lot. "You look weird." 


"N-nothing," Yerin said as she blush. "Nothing that concerns you."


Sinb smirked. "Then what's with the face? Ah, I guess I know what's the reason." 


"Don't even start." Yerin stopped and chose to look at the road they were traversing. 


"You can't stop me. This is my car," Sinb said. "But if you don't want me to say it then you should stop thinking about it." 


Yerin looked back at Sinb to glare at her. But girl, she regretted looking at her. Just how could she look like some out of this world beauty?! Damn. "Excuse me, I'm not even thinking about it." 


"What 'it'? That intense make-out we did inside this car?" Sinb teased without losing focus on the road. But she knew Yerin blushed at that. It does not take Sinb a day to not notice how the woman behaves. She was a good observer too, just a tad numb on certain things. She knew Yerin would blush at that and she was not wrong. 


"Oh gosh, you..." Yerin trailed for the second time when she saw Sinb laughing. That was some loud laugh, Yerin thought to herself. But still, she could not help but be awed at what she was seeing. Sinb with a laughing face on was just so perfect. It suits her more, she thought and was unconsciously smiling while looking at the driver. 


Sinb laughed at how it was easy to tease Yerin. She just loved the girl's every reaction to her. Though she did not looked to check Yerin's reaction, her imagination and maybe, that view of the brown-haired lady in her peripheral vision gave her a picutre of Yerin blushing hard. 


"Uhm, can we talk?" Yerin asked suddenly. Though she still wants to see the laughing woman, they need to talk about the elephant in the room. With what Umji said to her and the negative results in the PT they bought, she needs to know if the other party was pregnant or not. 


"We are talking," Sinb replied whilewiping tears in her eyes from laughing. 


"I mean, like a serious talk." Yerin said. 


Sinb suddenly kept quiet. She knew this was coming. "What do you want to talk about?"


"Actually, I've been feeling unusual these days and maybe you're feeling it too?" Crap. What kind of question is that?


"Everyone feels unusual once in a while," Sinb answered her. "I think that's just normal. Is that why you wanted me to accompany you in the hospital?"


Sinb knew what Yerin wants to know but she can't say it yet. She does not know why she was being held back in saying it. She needs to reconfirm it first before saying it to Yerin. But did the other woman say she was feeling unusual?


"Partly yeah," Yerin replied shortly. 


"What have you been feeling recently?" Sinb asked concerned. If Yerin's pregnant, she sure would lose it. 


"Well uhm..." Yerin hesitated to say it but thought that Sinb would know either ways since they will be going to a doctor. "I've been feeling heavy and bloated. Then I would have headaches and that nauseated feeling. And worse of all, I skipped my period date. So I was thinki--"


"You're pregnant?!" Sinb said out of disbelief. Oh gosh, so they were both pregnant? She does not know if she should be happy because she redeeemed being dominant or would worry over it because...they will be having two babies! That'll just add to her problems more if that were the case. 


Yerin was surprised at the sudden tone her heart skipped a beat. Oh my, could this woman stop butting in so suddenly?! "I-I'm not sure yet though I've tried some PTs, but you know... I need to reconfirm it just to be sure."


"What does the reading say?" Sinb asked curiously. 


"It says negative." 


Thank heavens it's a negative! Sinb thought. But Yerin was right, they need to reconfirm it before jumping into conclusions. "I'll accompany you to an Ob-gyne my mother knows, and from there we'll know the real results. Just to remind you, that woman just came back from being overseas and she might have some temper since I scheduled for her this day. So technically, I ruined her beauty rest."


"O-okay," Yerin said in reply. 

 

----

 

"But I'm not wasting your time actua---" Sinb mouth as suddenly being covered by Dr. Kang's left hand while she went for Sinb's back. "Mhhmm!"


"You little brat," Dr. Kang said. "You told me this was some urgent check-up what are you... wait." Dr. Kang stopped and placed both hands at Sinb's lower tummy region. Then she looked at Sinb who was fiddlng with her fingers. Could she be? 


Yerin just observed the two. Why did the doctor stopped saying something? She saw how Dr. Kang tried to check Sinb's lower tummy and her back region. What is it? Then Dr. Kang looked at her with a cold face. Yerin swore she felt all her hair stood up.


What's with her aura?!

 

----

 

"Where the heck are you unnie?" Eunha asked worriedly though he tone was half-screaming out of rage. "You just ditched us in the cinema house with your things with us!"


Oh, and Yerin thought Eunha was really dead worried about her. She was now outside the clinic. She excused herself from the doctor's cold gaze when her phone suddenly rang. A call from her sister was just like a present from the heavens! "I uhh...met my friend in high school, Hayoung. We talked inside the restroom and she invited me to have dinner with her so..."


"So you didn't bother calling me? You're old enough to forget informing me of your location unnie," Eunha reprimanded her older sister. They were inside Sowon's jeep with Sowon as the driver while Eunha on the passenger seat. Umji was seated at the back and responsible for holding the pizza they bought. 


Yerin scratched the back of her nape. Eunha was mad at her again. C'mon, she was supposed to be the older sister, why do she gets scolded a lot nowadays? "I know... I'm sorry. But I'll be back before your curfew, I promise!"


"Just make sure," Eunha said. "I'll call you even if you're only one minute late, okay?"


"Yeah, yeah,"

 

----

 

"You're pregnant Sinb," Dr. Kang confirmed. "Does your mother know about this? I mean Jessica, does she know about you being pregnant?" 


"Nope. I plan to tell her when it's confirmed that I'm really going to be a mother." Sinb answered. 


Dr. Kang just nodded at the response she heard. She knew well enough that Jessica wants Sinb to focus on her work and nothing else. And these type of things would hinder Sinb from getting a promotion from the company she was working for. Big time. Being a mother surely has its own happiness and downsides. 


"Now, why does your wife's taking long answering that damn call?" Dr. Kang asked with a tone of irritability in it. 


"S-she's not my wife," Sinb clarified. 


Dr. Kang looked at her clearly baffled at what she heard. Oh geez, kids these days. Every year, new contraceptives are being invented and patented for these young generations to use, but she was oh so surprised that her favorite client's daughter did not even bother to use one! She shook her head in annoyance. "But is she the one you made-out with?"


Sinb nodded. 


Oh, so this girl's going to get something from me.


"What's taking her so long to finish a call?" Dr. Kang said. Sinb could feel the tension rising to the temperamental doctor. Is this why Mom and this doctor get along so well? They sure have bad temper.


"She will be back, she's just answering an important call." Sinb covered up for Yerin. 


"What could be more important than knowing both of you will become mothers?! Having a child is a huge responsibiltiy Sinb! If she does not get ba--"


"I'm back. So is she--" Yerin said as she closed the door of the ultrasound room behind her. She just finished talking to Eunha. Yerin's phone rang again. She looked who the caller was and saw that it was their client and maybe wants to talk to her about the delivery of the flowers from their farm. "Excuse me again. I just need to answ--"


Just what good timing Sinb thought.


"Ignore that call." The doctor told Yerin in a commanding tone. 


"Uhh, excuse me?" Yerin asked while glancing at Sinb who can't seem to look at her properly. 


"You heard me, I said ignore that call." Dr. Kang glared at her. "Is answering that call more important that hearing what you've already missed? I hate people prioritizing other things than the welfare of the baby concerned." She said in distaste. 


Whoah, just awhile ago it was Sinb she was glaring at. Now it was her! What did she even do? Yerin was confused but she obliged to do what the doctor told her. "Uhm, okay." She went to sit beside Sinb who hold out her hand as soon as Yerin took a seat.


Can I hit the pause button?! Aphrodite's daughter just held my hand!


Yerin blushed as a skin contact was  made between the two of them. Oh shut it Yerin! Now's not the time! 


Dr. Kang cleared as she will begin to advise Sinb and Yerin on how to take care of the baby. But suddenly, Yerin's phone rang again. It was evident in Dr. Kang's face that she was about to explode and Sinb could not do a thing about it but it just gulp her own saliva. Sinb swore she was never more afraid than meeting this freaking hellish doctor of her mother.


Yerin took a look at the caller id and saw that it was the same person calling her before Dr. Kang ordered her to ignore the call. She knew it was something very important and should not be missed but looking at the furious doctor, Yerin was afraid to answer the call. But she has to. Screw it. "Uhm doc, I really need to answer this one so if you can please excuse me."


"It seems like you don't really care at all," Dr. Kang said as her eyebrow began twitching out of annoyance. "I'm a very personal doctor, meaning to say, I want what's best for my patients and I want both parents to be involved in this. And if one..."


Dr. Kang stood up from where she was seated and went closer to Yerin. Closer until their faces were inches apart and Yerin could smell the lilac perfume of the stressed Ob-gyne. Yerin got tensed. "If one does not show her full cooperation during the pregnancy progress and if something happened to the baby because of you prioritizing other things, I will rip both of your throats out. You hear me?! I. Will. Rip. Your. Throat."


Dr. Kang leaned away from Yerin and the latter could feel the weight of what the doctor said. Is this doctor even real?! Willing to kill patients because of a certain phone call?! 


Yerin swore she has been meeting weird people. Way, way, weirder and scarier than her sister and friends.

 

-oo0oo-

(8) How To Tell A Truth {1}

 

-oo0oo-

I decided to update this one because I just checked my calendar...and there were no available time for me to post another update for a week. (But I will still try to squeeze some time to update.) I'll just surprise you ;P

Take care people!