(10) Be Prepared

Unexpected

(10) Be Prepared

 

Holy Cow! 


Sinb was pacing back and forth in her room wondering if she should call Yerin or not. She made a terrible, terrible mistake by blurting out that she got a new girlfriend. It was a defense mechanism for her, since Jessica was purely mad on unwanted pregnancy. So instead of saying that she was one of those, she came up with having a girlfriend. 


"This is so not healthy for me," Sinb said as she finally decided to lay in her bed. She should be sleeping now, but the hell she can't. If Yerin knew she was staying up late, she would scold her. 


Wait, how does she know Yerin would scold her? 


Damn, she must be hallucinating that that cute reckless being was actually caring for her. Of course she won't, she was just concerned about their baby's welfare. And Yerin only needs her to be healthy since she was the one carrying the child. 


So instead of calling Yerin, Sinb dialed another number. "Yuju!"


"What the hell Sinb? In the wee hours of the morning?! Really?" Yuju groggily complained on the the other line. "I've had enough paperworks for the day. Please let me rest now."


"While it's true that I may have been calling you for paperworks in these hours, this is entirely different." Sinb started. "Mom is here."


"The director?" 


"Uh-huh,"


"So did you say it already?"


"That's," Sinb sighed before she continued. "That's where it went wrong."


"Don't tell me you didn't say it," Yuju warned. But then the other line went silent and Yuju's eyes widen. Oh does it mean she'll say good bye to sleep? "What the hell Sinb! Then what did you say to her?"


"Uhm, t-that I have a new girlfriend?" Sinb stuttered.


"Oh. My. God." Yuju breathily said in response. "I didn't know you could be another definition of a freaking idiot."


What?! 


"You better take that back!" Sinb retorted. Okay, so maybe what she did was entirely foolish but she was scared! It will never be easy talking to Jessica about these things. 


"But maybe not," Yuju said again. 


"What not?"


"I mean, since you told Jessica that you got a new girlfriend, you only need to have Yerin's approval on this. Maybe the two of you could fake the whole relationship thing and when Jessica accepts Yerin, then you could admit that you're pregnant." Yuju explained as she tried to shift weight under her covers. 


Sinb was silent for a while. She was thinking that Yuju got a point there. "I must say Yuju, your mind seems to be working in the dead of the night. Just how I wish you would use that in the office."


"Yah! I'm using it!" 


"But anyways, thanks for the idea," Sinb sincerely said. "But there were two problems I see on this."


"CTS," 


"What's CTS?" Sinb asked confusedly. 


"Care to share, duh," Yuju deadpanned. How could her friend be so idiot on these things?! This was what she get for being such a workaholic. "So what's the problem?"


"Okay, so uhm," Sinb started. "My tummy would serve as a ticking bomb if ever Mom would accept Yerin on the process, in which I still have yet to know if Yerin wants to cover up as a girlfriend. And you know how meticulous mom is. I mean, both of my mom were, but Jessica was on another level. You know what I mean?"


"Blah, blah, blah," Yuju answered lazily. "What's the other problem?"


Sinb was insulted on Yuju's answer but she kept it to herself. You'll have a day from me. "Well the second one was..."


"What?"


"Mom wanted to meet this new girlfriend this coming Friday."


"What?!" Yuju was sure now interested at the second concern of her friend. "Oh God, Sinb. You're in for some real trouble."


"I know right," Sinb answered helplessly. 

 

----

 

"Yerin-unnie," Umji said to get Yerin's attention. It was now Monday and they were arranging the flowers on its respective vases. The newly delivered ones came just yesterday and it was now their task to arrange it. "Do you have guests coming over here?"


"Huh?" Yerin turned to look at Umji. "No, I'm not expecting anyone. Why?"


"But I think they're expecting you," Umji simply answered and pointed at the two figure in front of the shop's door. "And I swear unnie, I've seen that redhead and pink-haired girl before."


Yerin looked at the direction to where Umji pointed at and saw a tall redhead sporting a white sleeves top and short skirt and the other sporting a black sleeves top and black ripped jeans. 


Oh girl, Yerin was in for a morning struggle not to ogle to Aphrodite's daughter in front of her. 


Damn, she looks hot.


"I know unnie," Umji whispered. "She looks hot."


What?! Did she say it out loud?!


Yerin looked at Umji sending a look that tells if she has really said what was in her mind. 


"No you didn't, but that look gave me an idea on what was running in that head of yours," Umji answered. "Oh, and I mean the redhead okay. Tell me what's her name later."


Oh. So little Omuji has a crush. 


"Done checking me out there?" Sinb teased. She saw Yerin got surprised and took a few steps back from the counter. "Looks like I still have an effect on you huh?"


"W-what? No!" Yerin disagreed immediately. Gosh, did she just checked her out? No, she would not admit it. She pouted as she sensed Sinb got the better of her this time. 


"Mind introducing your friends to me?" Umji said and cleared . "I'm dying to know one here." Umji eyed the redhead and smiled while the redhead...well the redhead winked.  


Oh. My. Freaking. Frog. Eggs. 


Are they flirting?!

 

----

 

 "So you want me to cover up as your girlfriend?" Yerin asked to make sure. Sinb and Yuju took them to a restaurant where they usually ate lunch. And to say that the restaurant looked expensive was downright correct in Yerin's head. Food served in there looked like hundreds of dollars were spent on it. But that did not made the situation less stresser for the two. Sinb told her of her mother, and Yerin got a picture of what Sinb's mother was like. 


Yerin was reminded of that movie, The Devil Wears Prada. 


And if she was correct, then this mother of Sinb must be on a whole scale of being scary. Yerin would never want herself to be associated nor be acquianted with Sinb's mom. That's for sure. But the request Sinb asked of her? Oh girl. 


"Well I just couldn't say I was pregnant to my mom, she'll definitely kill me," Sinb explained. She was looking at Yerin for her reaction and she was having a hunch that the girl would decline. "I just chickened out and the next thing I knew, I was saying something about having a new girlfriend." 


Shifting pancakes! This is so hard!


Yerin blinked a few more times trying to process everything. She was still not ready to meet this monster mom of Sinb. But she knew sooner or later she would since it would only be a matter of months before Sinb's tummy would grow. Ugh! Why does it have to be like this!


"I-it's not like I-I want you to be...you know..." Sinb trailed. It was so not her personality to make a request. Heck, she was the head of their division. She was the one accepting or rejecting requests, not the other way around! 


Sinb turned to look at the other table where Umji and Yuju were happily chatting. Well, more like flirting. Ugh, Yuju could be of no help at this time, Sinb thought. 


"Okay," Yerin finally answered and it caught Sinb off guard.


Well that was easy than I thought.


"Are you sure?" Sinb asked. 


It was not like Yerin has any other choice right? She was the other mother of the baby. She needs to be responsible. Plus the fact that she knew Sinb might be in so much stress right now and she does not want that. Actually, she does not want Dr. Kang to be mad at her again. 


"I'm pretty sure," Yerin answered with determination. "Or, you actually want me to back out?"


"N-no!" Sinb said more like shouted. Everyone, well almost, looked at Sinb for her sudden behavior. Even Yuju and Umji who were clearly sharing a shake turned to them. Sinb bowed her head and muttered a sorry to everyone and went to calm herself. "I-I mean I was kind of expecting that you would reject me." 


"I won't do that," Yerin assured her while trying not to laugh at the situation awhile ago. "I would be lying if I say I didn't get bothered by your description of your mom. But I think it would be unwise of me to back down because that would mean you will have a whole lot more to think about." 


Thank heavens! Yerin understood her! She was so close of giving up, thankfully she didn't.


"Thanks!" Sinb said as she could not contain the relief she was having. "The meeting would be this Friday."


Wait. What? 


"This Friday already?!" 


"Uhh yeah," Sinb said as she ran through a hand in her hair. "But don't worry we got four days to prepare. I would teach you on how to face Mom."

 

----

 

Tuesday 10:19 p.m.

 

"I already told your sister that you're with me," Sowon told Yerin before she took a shot of her lukewarm beer. They were at Sowon's rooftop to chill. Yerin decided to go at Sowon's house after meeting up with Sinb at a cafe that day. "Eunha won't get mad since you're with me. But it is actually a first in what, like five years, since you decided not to go home. What's the matter?"


"You're so direct to the point," Yerin nonchalantly answered. "Can it be because I wanted to bond with you and since we're drinking, you know I couldn't go home drunk." 


"I know about that," Sowon said. "But I know you. You only come to me when you got a problem." 


"Eyy! I'm not like that!" Yerin retorted.


"Oh c'mon girl. I'm even embracing the fact that I'm your personal guidance counselor," The taller sassily said. "What's the problem?"


Is she really going to say it? 


Nah...Sowon would know anyways. No need to tell the details.


"What would you do if you want to be closer to someone?" Yerin asked.


"Who is it that you want to be close with?" 


"No one that concerns you," Yerin cheekily said before finishing her can. "Just tell me on what you would do. And I'm not even talking about how you got my sister."


"Aww..." Sowon pretended to be hurt. "I thought you could learn from the master herself."


"You?!" Yerin reacted incredously. "No way. You're a walking make-out machine!"


Sowon smacked Yerin's shoulder. The hell's with this girl?! She's the one asking for advice and she has the guts to say that?! "I'm not!"


"Yes you are! Don't even try to hide it you monster!" Yerin accused Sowon. "Look what you made Eunha! She's so grumpy when the two of you...ugh!"


"You're the grumpy one since it's been a long time ago  you gotten laid!" Sowon fought back. 


"Eyy! Just help me here will you?" Yerin said. 


Sowon eyed Yerin. So this topic was really about her huh? Okay. "Are you even ready to listen to me?"


"Yeah, just not the make-out parts," Yerin warned. 


"Are you interested in her?" Sowon inquired. She needs to know since Yerin gave her a broad question. "I need to know if you don't want the make-out parts."


Oh geez. So Sowon was really thinking of those?!


"A friend Sowon! I want to make a friend for Mama Mary's sake!" Yerin clarified. She could not imagine she would ran for some help to this walking Kama Sutra of a friend. "Please give me decent ideas."


"Chill Yerin hahahaha!" Sowon laughed at her friend. "I was just teasing you."


Ugh! Yerin needed more alcohol for sure. She opened another can and straightaway finished its contents. If she wants to talk to Sowon about this, she should as well be shameless right? 


"I think if you want to be friends with her, you try to strike up a covnersation? I mean that's just how most friendships blossom right?" Sowon answered as she stopped Yerin from drinking more. 


See, Yerin was a bad drinker, and the last time the woman was drunk according to Sowon, was when they were both cramming on their thesis and decided to chill for a bit. But girl, the chill time they had turned into disaster. Sowon swore Yerin was like a dog when drunk. 


"It's a little bit more complicated," Yerin opened. "How about you don't see this girl often and only at her workplace and you talk about nothing but...let's not talk about that." Yerin stopped herself from further divulging everything. Nope. Not yet the right time girl.  


"Eyy, I was getting interested," Sowon said.   

"How will I be friends to someone on that kind of set up?" 


Sowon opened up her third can. Wow, what a coversation they were having. "Well, first thing. If you want to talk to her about something other than what the two of you are already talking about, I  think you should go visit her more often at her place? Or maybe you could set a place where you could meet up?"


"But we can't meet just anywhere. She's a busy woman."


"Ahh...I think I know what you should do," Sowon said as she laid an arm around Yerin's shoulder. "Prepare her lunch and go at her office. Then talk. If you can't meet anywhere then make her office a place to be." 

 

----

 

"Oh my god Yuju," Sinb said as she got wide-eyed at the stack of files Yuju has with her. "What the freak is that?! You really won't let me have lunch, do you?"


"Oh believe me, this is from your mother." Yuju said as she put the paperworks over Sinb's clutterred table. "She said you need to finish that by today." 


"What?!" Sinb said out of disbelief. Oh. She get it. This her punishment because of the 'girlfriend' thing. The last time her mother punished her with work was when she started dating Eunseo. Oh how great. 


"Oh, and she will check on you once lunch break is over," Yuju informed her. "So it means to say...I'll have lunch alone! Ciao!" Yuju cheerily said as she went out of Sinb's office. 

 

----

 

"Uhm, may I know where's Sinb's office?" Yerin asked the concierge. She forgot. She does not now Sinb's surname. Oh shoot.

 
But luckily for her, the staff understood who she was looking for and directed her towards the elevator. So Sinb's office was on the tenth floor, Yerin thought as she went inside the elevator. She was wearing a white top which was tucked underneath by a black skirt and to her left hand was the bag containing Sinb's lunch. 


So she took Sowon's advice after all huh? 


Just when she was about to ascend the fifth floor, someone went inside the elevator. She has an ash-blonde dye and her clothes were...too regal for Yerin's taste. She was wearing a white top which was draped by a red blazer. Even her pants are red. Yerin took a peek at the woman and she swore she thought she was seeing Sinb. 


But isn't Sinb sporting a pink-hair? Did she dyed her hair yesterday?


 But she told her she does not have time to take care of herself because of paperworks. 


The woman noticed Yerin staring at her and looked at her direction. "What are you looking at?" 


Ooh cold.


"Uhm, nothing," Yerin answered as she diverted her gaze on the floor. The hell? Is looking so bad nowadays?!


"I haven't seen you here before, I presume your new here?" The woman suddenly asked. "C'mon answer me. I don't even give time of my own to some people."


So full of herself.


"I-I'm just visiting someone," Yerin stuttered. The freak?! Why would she stutter? "I was just hoping to have lunch with her."


"Everyone here are busy even on their breaks." The woman flatly said. She then turned her back at Yerin when her floor was up. But before she went out, she looked at Yerin again and smiled. "But sure, have time with her." 


Yerin was left inside feeling like her mind went out with the woman. 


Just what was that?

 

----

 

Yerin could feel the stares of the people when she went inside Sinb's division. To be honest, she was tad conscious about her appearance right now. Is her skirt too short? But Eunha said that they weren't. Well, obviously Eunha would say that, since hers were always customized because of her short legs. 


"Uhm," Yerin started as she garnered enough attention at the office. "I'm looking for Sinb. Is she here?" 


Oooohhhh...


What the hell? Why did they do that? 


"Uhm?" Yerin said once again. Then a reluctant staff pointed to a dark mahogany door telling her that Sinb was inside. "Oh! Thank you!" and she went sprinting she even forgot to knock. And when she was about to get inside she was met with a flying notepad. 

 

----

 

"Ouch!" Yerin said as she tried to massaged her head. 


Sinb took a look on who must have that flying notepad hit. Actually she does not care if there was someone who got hit by what she has thrown. She was in a foul mood because of the director. Plus the punishment she was enduring right now. She swore she will sue her mother for being unreasonable inside the workplace! 


But when she raised her head to look on who didn't even bother to knock, her jaw dropped in surprise. Was her mind playing tricks on her?


"Y-Yerin?" Sinb asked. Then suddenly as if her mind worked again, she abruptly stood to her chair and grabbed Yerin to come inside. She then went to peek outside to look for her employees... and damn, they were watching. "All of you! Go back to your lunches!" Then she slammed the door behind her. 


"What was that?" Yerin asked. 


"Did anyone saw you?" Sinb asked frantically while still holding Yerin by the hands.


Wait. Wait.


Can I  pause again for a second? She's holding my hands again! Yerin thought. She does not know why but she was feeling a kind of rush whenever Sinb would touch her. Geez. Get a grip of yourself Yerin!


"That was a stupid question," Yerin tried to normally say. "I'm not a ghost for them not to notice me." 


"Oh shoot." Sinb said then opened the door again. "Hey guys! I'mma treat you to dinner if you won't say anything about my guest. Okay?" then she closed the door behind her again. 


"Are you bribing them?" Yerin asked. 


Sinb looked at Yerin and eyed at her outfit. Oh. "I never thought my cute reckless being could be y too huh?" She started teasing. 


Yerin blushed. did she say 'my?' Oh darn it. Guess Yerin was slowly losing it. 


"A-anyways, I brought you lunch." Yerin shyly said as she held out the bag. She made it at Sowon's house since she didn't went home. And since she was heavily drunk that night, Sowon finished what she started. 


"Why would you even bother? I'm fine," Sinb said as she took Yerin's bag and placed it over her small table not far away from her comfort room. "But thanks! I haven't taken any lunch yet and Yuju does not even mind buying me one." 


"Good! Then my timing's great huh?" Yerin happily said. 

 

----

 

"What have you learned from unnie Sowon?' Eunha asked her girlfriend as soon as she went out of the classroom. "Got some news to share?" 


"I thought this could only be about you and me but I guess nah," Sowon said as she helped Eunha carry her belongings towards the taller's jeep. "Something tells me that you only agreed for Yerin to be at my house because you want to hear some gossip eh?"


Eunha puffed. "Well she doesn't want to open up to me. I thought she would open to you."


"Well, I think you need to give more freedom for your sister. You can't just give her curfew and restrict her on things." Sowon explained. "She could take care of herself."


"I know but still," 


"Especially now that I think she's into someone."


Eunha dropped her remaining things on the floor. "What?!"

 

----

 

"Hey, you don't have to do t-that," Sinb said as she felt shy that Yerin wants to spoon feed her again. "I-I could manage, okay." 


Yerin pouted when her gesture was rejected. "But you won't eat. C'mon rest for a minute and eat this first." 


Sinb sighed. She really appreciate the gesture but she needed to finish the paperworks. Her mother would come after lunch break and she ought to finish the damn papers before she arrives. 


"Please eat. You need this." Yerin insisted. "Okay, if you don't want then you leave me no choice. You want me to back out?"


Wait. What?!


"N-no! You just told me that you won't back down!" Sinb whined. "You couldn't just back down because I only ate two spoonfuls?!"


"Oh yeah, I actually can Sinb." Yerin gravely said. "I'm making our relationship at least believable in the eyes of others. Think of this as practice!"


"But practice session should be after work!"


"I changed my mind. Besides, this is a good time to bond together. " 


The way Yerin slide those words out of made Sinb wary. She does not know why but it seemed Yerin has something up her sleeve. And she does not like it. Or maybe she will. 


"W-what are you trying to pull off Yerin?" Sinb asked warily as Yerin went closer to her. Closer and closer until Yerin's left knee went to rest between Sinb's thighs. "H-hey, were still at the office!"


"Oh so you prefer at your house then?" Yerin huskily teased. If she could not get Aphrodite's daughter to eat, then she will be dealing with Yerin's y ploy. "Actually I don't mind doing it aywhere." 


"W-what?!" Sinb said albeit being nervous. Goodness gracious! Why did Yerin suddenly felt like teasing her like this? Sinb thought she should hold on to what was left in her sanity at that moment. Because when she looked down below, she felt a kind of electrifying sensation crawled up to her being when she saw Yerin's skirt moved up which showed that left thigh of the cute being. 


"So I'm giving you a choice Sinb," Yerin said. "You will eat the food I made or we could forget we're in your office?" 


Damn this being! 


"I'll eat alright! I'll eat!" Sinb managed to say. Then they heard some knocking outside her office room. Who could that be?


"Sinb! Why did you lock the door?!" 


Oh. My. Jeepers.


Jessica is here. 

 

-oo0oo-

(11) Jung Vs. Jung

 

-oo0oo-

Hallu! I've noticed I got typos and errors here and there throughout the story :/ I'll edit the chapters once I found a long free time.

Anyways, I would just like to say thank you for reading this work of mine. I really really appreciate it! For those upvotes this story has received so far, I must thank you too! You don;t know how it helps me continue the story :) I may not be dropping names here but you know who you are :) And for the subscribers, thank you soooo muuchh too!!! :) I WUV YOU ALL VERY MUCCHHIIEE!!! 

Till next update sweetpeas! (I might surprise you ;")