(20) I Will Never Leave

Unexpected

 

(20) I Will Never Leave

 

2:50 a.m.

 

Tiffany put a blanket on Jessica's sleeping figure in the hospital couch. She knew how much worried her wife was for their daughter and she deserved some rest. She soon dimmed the lights beside Sinb for the two to have decent sleep. 

 

Why didn't Sinb ever told them that they will have a grandchild? Looking back, she should have told them before they left her with so much work. If they were informed, for sure they will never leave their daughter alone. They wouldn't even force her to take care of their work. Was she afraid? It must be because of Jessica, she thought and heaved a sigh. 

 

Both knew how Jessica wants Sinb to be always career-oriented. Tiffany didn't see anything wrong with it, that's just what parents want for their children. And theirs was a bit different since Sinb was their only child. It was a given that she would soon inherit what was theirs. 

 

"Sorry to disturb Ma'am," Yuju said as she came inside the room. She just went out to check on Yerin outside and talked about the latter that she should go home first and take a rest. But Yerin won't yield to any of her words, and so she gave up persuading the determined woman. 

 

Yuju knew what would make Yerin rest, and that was to let her inside the hospital and look for Sinb. She was nervous about what she would do but she needs to risk it. "Can I make a request?"

 

Tiffany quirked an eyebrow. "What is it?"

 

"Well, uhm," Yuju started. "Yerin wants to see Sinb and the baby Ma'am. I know, this might cause another outburst from you and your wife but she really wants to see them. She's still the other mother of the child, so I guess it's still her right to see her family." she explained. 

 

Tiffany just stared at her and probably bored her orbs to hers. Yerin was suffering outside, not being able to know what happened to Sinb. She can't let her friends suffer like this. 

 

"And also Ma'am, Yerin was the one who found Sinb first, if it wasn't for her then I don't think we could rush Sinb in the hospital. It's just right that we let her know Sinb's status." 

 

Tiffany looked at her wife. For sure Jessica would be very much aggravated if they let Yerin inside and be near Sinb. But Yuju has a point, and Tiffany doesn't have the cold heart Jessica was giving to Yerin. They can't just take away Yerin's right over this matter. 

 

"That's a lot to ask Yuju," Tiffany said. "You know how my wife wouldn't like that."

 

Yuju bowed her head. This was not going get real easy, she thought. And for sure, Sinb would look for Yerin's presence sooner or later when she wakes up. Just how can she help Yerin?

 

----

 

3:19 a.m.

 

Tiffany decided to head outside of the hospital to grab some fresh air. She couldn't sleep for how could she when she still has other things to think about. She left Yuju and Jessica asleep on the couch and Sinb who was still having a serene position since bringing her to the room.

 

She went to buy some coffee for herself in the mart inside the hospital. Coffee should relax and calm her nerves a bit. The night brought exhaustion and vexation to her whole being. 

 

When she came out of the mart, she saw Yerin inside the waiting area just across where she's at. Yerin was sleeping, with her head bobbing as an indication. Tiffany also noted how Yerin was such a mess with her clothes still stained with Sinb's blood. Why was Yerin still here? Didn't she tell her to go home and get some rest? 

 

Tiffany went inside the mart and came out with two coffees in hand. She then went near Yerin and carefully placed the coffee beside the sleeping woman. "You should be at home and getting some rest," she whispered as she observed Yerin's features. 

 

She was feeling guilty. This shouldn't have happened. If only Jessica allowed Yerin to at least stay, even for a couple of minutes, then Yerin wouldn't end up sleeping outside the hospital. 

 

Just then, Yerin's eyes fluttered open. I fell asleep again. She couldn't afford to sleep. Not when she wasn't assured of Sinb waking up. She grabbed her phone beside to call or message Yuju for Sinb's status but found a cup of coffee beside her. She raised an eyebrow. Who would place a coffee here? 

 

She turned to her left and was surprised to see Tiffany staring at her. "Y-you're here Ma'am," She stuttered. She was about to shake hands but saw how bloodied hers were and she retreated, even feeling shy about it. 

 

"Why are you still here?" Tiffany asked before taking a sip of her coffee. "I told you to go home. What are you still doing here?" 

 

Tiffany, as Yerin noted, doesn't sound as menacing as Jessica. She could hint there was genuine concern in her words. What was she doing here in the first place? 

 

"Won't talk or your tongue got frozen by the cold?" Tiffany said. Yerin was sensitive to cold and Tiffany saw how the latter was trembling though she wasn't sure if it could also mean that she was intimidated.

 

This is my chance.

 

Yerin shifted her weight and looked at Tiffany. "I-I promised Sinb I would never leave Ma'am. So I'm staying here until Sinb wakes up and away from danger."

 

"How would you know if you're not inside the room?" Tiffany asked her. She could see how lost Yerin was at the moment. She knew the younger wants to go inside the room or even barge herself in there. And when she looked at the younger's eyes, there was mixture of determination and desperation in those. 

 

"I-If it's not much to ask b-but I really want to see her," Yerin answered trying not to waver her stare from the older woman. She just got to keep trying. "I just want to know if she's okay. J-just ten seconds would do Ma'am."

 

"Ten seconds?" Tiffany repeated. "You would be okay seeing her in ten seconds?" 

 

"I know how much your wife dislike me and how much she wanted me out of your daughter's life and maybe how I'm not supposed to be here," Yerin quivered as she rambled her thoughts. She doesn't know how to explain properly to Tiffany what she wanted to say, all she knows was how much she wanted to see and check Sinb if the latter was okay. "So ten seconds would be okay for me if that's how much you could only give. I would only be at ease if I see her." 

 

Tiffany was quiet. She was examining the younger girl beside her and she was quite surprised herself when she heard Yerin determinedly asking her for only ten seconds. If it were other people, they wouldn't even dare request for a time-out. Only 'for just a while,' but Yerin gave out a time limit for herself. Just how desperate Yerin was? 

 

Instead of answering Yerin's request, Tiffany focused her eyes on her coffee. "You know, I really like you. You've been the only one I found myself liking over my daughter's other girlfriends. I can sense you're different, but I was disappointed at how you didn't even told us what happened between the two of you. Maybe I was even hoping that you could at least inform us even if Sinb doesn't want you to," Tiffany told her. "I'm even thinking that neither one of you wants to be responsible for what both of you did. I couldn't even tell right now if you're serious about my daughter and this situation you put her through." 

 

Yerin looked at her hands. Tiffany was doubting if she was serious about their situation, if only Tiffany knew how fake the relationship was. But even though theirs was only for a show, Yerin knew how much she values Sinb and the baby. Everything she had done with Sinb except the their label was true for her. She never did anything to Sinb that was half-hearted--the calls, her wanting to get a license, and even meeting Sinb's parents--she gave a piece of herself in it. 

 

She was being serious all this time. 

 

How would she not when she made Sinb and the baby the focus of her life right now?

 

She wouldn't even be here, outside the hospital waiting for Sinb even though she was banned from going inside, begging for Tiffany's approval for her to see her would be family.

 

Maybe she has even taken her first step way ahead Sinb did hers.

 

Yerin was about to answer her when Sowon came back with a bag in her shoulders. "What are you doing here? I told you to take care of Eunha for me right?" 

 

Sowon bowed her head to Tiffany, acknowledging the latter's presence before going back to answer Yerin. "She's asleep. You know she'll tag along here if she weren't. And I know you wouldn't go home as long as you see your girlfriend safe so I bought you clothes. I can't believe you're telling me to take care of Eunha for you when you don't even know how to care of yourself. You know that's already a given," Sowon said. Yerin just smiled at her. Really, Sowon could be talker without having to exert effort. "You should sometimes put yourself first before others, especially in this case that you're getting stinky."

 

Tiffany smiled at the interaction. It was so good to see that Yerin has a good friend to take care of her too. Now she shouldn't get worried for the younger girl. And that interaction just answered Tiffany's question. 

 

Tiffany stood up to which Yerin and Sowon stopped talking to each other. "Change clothes Yerin. You would need it so you can't catch a cold out here." 

 

"Ma--" Yerin was about to protest that she won't go anywhere when Tiffany beat her into it.

 

"Sinb might not want seeing her girlfriend with her blood in your outfit and hands. At least be presentable right?" She winked and Yerin knew what that meant. 

 

----

 

6:34 a.m.

 

Sinb opened her eyes as rays of sunshine hit her face. Where was she and how long has she been out? She squinted once more as her eyes adjust to the brightness. 

 

She then remembered the events from last night. Ah, that's right. She was already feeling dizzy that afternoon with work but she still continued going to other divisions to check on what they wer doing. Then just as she was finishing her last report to end her hell week, she forgot some folders inside her car that was needed in her report. When she managed to get from the parking lot, she suddenly felt a pang of pain hit her abdomen area. She decided to shrug it off but the pain was getting to much for her to bear she barely clutched her car's door to open. Then she was seeing all red from her pants and that was the last thing she knew from there. 

 

But she heard Yerin's voice begging her to not die and wake up. She was aware of how Yerin called out for name and she felt she needed to somehow let Yerin know she won't leave her. Up until they came at the hospital and Yerin was being stubborn that she wanted to accompany her inside. 

 

Truth be told, Sinb's heart went skipping a beat or two at how Yerin reacted and cared for her the whole time despite having to endure the pain her abdomen was causing her. She remembered how Yerin carried her and shouting at the staffs and security that they got an emergency to get on to. And that move made her heart skip a little bit more. 

 

She couldn't deny she liked what Yerin did lastt night. Sinb saw Yerin being cool despite her precarious situation in which she should be thinking if she were to make it out alive of that room or not. But no, she didn't thought of that. She was more hooked seeing Yerin saying she wouldn't leave her side. And before Sinb could lose sight of Yerin that night, she was holding on what her cute reckless being told her. 

 

Speaking of which, where was she? 

 

Sinb searched the whole room for a particular brunette and saw Yerin sleeping and seated on a chair beside her. Yerin's head was resting on her bed, her left hand tightly holding hers in place and the other on her tummy. 

 

She never left. 

 

She kept her promise.

 

Sinb smiled at the sight. She tried to sit up without waking her cute reckless being and tried to scoot closer. She never wanted to be this close so much for a stranger she just met on a lonely bar about a month ago. So many things happened and all she wanted right now was the warmth she was feeling inside. The cause of it? Her cute reckless being. Even the the sun's rays won't be competing with that warmth. 

 

She brushed a strand of hair off Yerin's face and stared at the sleeping beauty. Sinb's eyes creased when she noticed how there were dark circles aournd the latter's eyes. She must be deadly worried. Sinb tightened her hold on Yerin's hand, her thumb gently it, assuring yet again that everything's fine now. "Just how long have I been out that I made you worry like this?" 

 

"About nine hours or so?" Yuju answered in behalf of the sleeping Yerin. Sinb hadn't noticed that they weren't alone in the room and was surprised hearing her friend's voice. "So many things happened in that nine hours you know." 

 

Sinb smiled at Yuju who was putting red peonies in a vase. Yuju must have gone out to buy at the flowershop. "CTS?" 

 

Yuju shot a puppy smile at Sinb. "You wouldn't believe what happened." 

 

"Cut the chase, spill it already," Sinb said while Yerin's hair. 

 

"Well," Yuju started. "While you're still inside that emergency room, we couldn't stop Yerin from worrying over you. She's been pacing back and forth, and girl I think she has a full tank of tears in her eyes because she didn't stopped crying." 

 

Yuju observed how her friend withdrew her gaze from her to see the brunette. "Really?" 

 

Her cute reckless being cried for her the whole night? The thought made Sinb blush. So Yerin was really that dead worried about her and it was making Sinb's heart skip a little more.

 

"Yeah, it must be flattering that someone was ready to shed tears to a demon like you," Yuju teased and Sinb immediately shot her a glare which Yuju just laughed at. "Then Dr. Kang went to check on you too and was probably ready to eat Yerin alive. But she wasn't able to do that because of how much of a serious case of crying fit Yerin was. She was even begging Dr. Kang to save you when there's already Dr. Bae inside the ER." 

 

Sinb smirked as she imagined Dr. Kang and Dr. Bae together. "So I made the lovers meet again at that moment huh?"

 

"Then your parents came Sinb," Yuju told her dismissing abruptly the two doctor's love affair.

 

"They came?" Sinb asked not wanting to believe what she just heard. If they did, then they already know the truth. She suddenly became worried and looked again at the brunette who was still sleeping. For sure Jessica lashed out on Yerin and probably told her to back off. But why was Yerin still with her? 

 

How was Yerin even able to stay the night with her? What did her cute reckless being do to Jessica for the latter to permit her to stay?

 

"Jessica denied access for Yerin to see you," Yuju continued. "Even Umji, Eunha and Sowon were denied too and they had to stay outside the hospital. Your mom Tiffany tried to stop your mother but you know Jessica." 

 

"She stayed outside?" Sinb asked again her eyes never leaving Yerin. 

 

Just then the door opened and came Tiffany inside with a wide smile on her face. Apparently, she heard what the two are conversing and she just had to interrupt. "You're awake!" 

 

Yuju excused herself saying she should be getting to the flowershop and the older dismissed the redhead. Sinb gulped. Now how do she explain things when her mother already knew what happened? "M-mom,"

 

"Don't worry, I'm not angry at you. Maybe a tad disappointed?" Tiffany said as she crossed her arms and leaned at the wall facing Sinb's bed. "You want an answer if she stayed?" 

 

Sinb kept quiet. She wanted to know. She wanted Yerin to wait for her to wake up. But what if she wasn't? "Did she?"

 

"Yeah, the whole night she was there outside with the stained blouse and hands and all. She won't go home. I bet she rather wanted to freeze in the cold just so she could prove her promise to you," Tiffany said. She observed how Sinb's eyes glisten at that. Wait. 

 

Wait, wait, wait. 

 

Holy mother of mothers! Does her baby moochie finally learned how to shed tears?! 

 

Tiffany's eyes landed on the brunette and smiled. Just how much more would this woman woman do for Sinb to change? Tiffany was beginning to like her even more. "So I had to do what I had to do and gave a long sermon to your mom just so Yerin could stay with you here. You're really lucky to meet her Sinb. I liked her from the start, and I think I might have liked her a little bit more." 

 

Sinb met her mother's eyes. So Tiffany was approving Yerin for her? Sinb can't help but smile at her mother's words. 

 

"Oh well, I need to go now. I need to pet a cat named Jessica," Tiffany said. 

 

"What did you do to her?" Sinb asked. 

 

"Just to make Yerin stay?" 

 

"Yeah?" 

 

Tiffany winked at her daughter. "Threatened her and promising her some other things like . Thank goodness, she eventually permitted to have your girlfriend in the room." 

 

Sinb scoffed when she heard that. Really?! She couldn't even imagine it. But she'll take it, now that Yerin was beside her. 

 

"Your girlfriend's a good one," Tiffany commented. "You know the saying that if one keeps her promises, that person's a keeper? I think you just found one which I think you need to treasure."

 

And with it, Sinb and Yerin were left alone in the room. Sinb can't help but to smile for the nth time that morning as she watched Yerin. She even took her phone out from the side table and took a photo of the sleeping Yerin. "I like you more when you're being cute." She whispered while smiling. 

 

She then took a selfie of her and Yerin and made a caption for it. She then send it to Yerin and went back to staring at her. "I'm getting shameless looking at you right now you know. Thank you for staying Yerin." 

 

Sinb found herself having a soft spot for her. Well how could she be the cold ice princess to her if Yerin wasn't even affected by it? Yerin would always tore down that facade of hers. And the latter doesn't even know it. 

 

Then she felt Yerin squirmed to find a perfect spot to sleep on and while doing so tightened her grip on Sinb. Yerin was cute while sleeping, Sinb noted. Too cute to be true. Then like the last time that her heart skipped a beat or two, she noted how it was hammering now inside her chest. And it was being accompanied by butterflies swirling over her stomach.

 

Sinb might not even lied to Yuju when she answered she has a tiny bit of a crush on Yerin. Because Sinb was sure now that she was really crushing over her cute reckless being.  

 

-oo0oo-

(21) When She Craves

 

-oo0oo-

Got enough with the drama last chapter? Well I had enough of it, since it drained me plus the fact the we aren't getting any Sinrin interaction in real life :( I also read the comments and I got to admit, you really made me happy :) So last chapter wasn't crappy after all since I somehow managed to get a reaction from you. Thanks for reading and take care people!