(33) The Moment We've Been Waiting For

Unexpected

It never occurred to Sinb that she would be this clingy towards her cute reckless being. She was alone that chilly Saturday afternoon as Yerin left her for the farmhouse. How she wished she could be with her but as frantic and caring Yerin was, of course she was not allowed. Damn the cold weather!


So there she was seated in the long red couch with parchment papers and paintbrush materials in front of her. She does not know why she even asked Yerin to buy her the calligraphy set they saw one day after their date. Heck she was not even an artistic person! 


Maybe the wooden box with the striking gold imprints of the manufacturer caught her eyes. Or maybe because she found the different sizes of paintbrushes inside it, amazing. Sinb just could not put a finger on which. And now that Yerin had bought the freaking expensive set, did she have trouble thinking on what could she even do it. 


But let us get back to the point. Sinb wanted Yerin beside her. Like twenty-four seven. And it was so obvious in the way she was whining, and stopping Yerin from going to the farmhouse and probably wanting to come with her there. Oh, she just misses Yerin. 


"What to do, what to do," she chanted in her head as she fiddled her fingers with a paintbrush. Just then, her phone beeped. Who could be calling her at this hour? "Hello?"


"Sinb?" 


She knew that voice. She could not mistake it. "Dahyun?" 


"So you haven't changed your number! I'm so so glad!" Dahyun chirped. Dahyun was one of Sinb's other friends besides Yuju. Another one who could put up with her cold attitude. But this friend of hers went to live to another country right after their graduation and they haven't had any contact ever since. 


Sinb smiled as she heard her friend's voice. My, what a time to have the gods to let them talk on phone! "It's been a long time!" 


"I know," Dahyun said knowingly. "I just came here and I missed you guys! Say, can we meet today? Yuju already agreed to meet up so are you free?"


That stopped Sinb for a moment. She wanred to see Dahyun too, oh how she terribly missed her! But it was cold outside and Yerin told her to just stay indoors so she would not get a cold. She wanted to abide her girlfriend's orders as they should tale extra care, now that she was nearing her due date. And she bet that Yuju has not yet told Dahyun about her situation. 


How could Yuju tell, when she was so busy and giddy with Umji? She bet Yuju has told Dahyun already about her budding love life. 


"Uhm," Sinb stalled. She really does not want to dissapoint her friend. But she thought she needed to decline. 


"Aw c'mon!" Dahyun said on the other line. "How about we meet at your house? I know you're bored being inside when you're such a workaholic." 


"How do you know I'm inside my house?" Sinb asked, intrigued. Were she wrong about Yuju telling Dahyun about her? 


"Oh girl," Dahyun deadpanned as she knocked on the window. "I'm already at your... uhh... lovely house!" 


Sinb sprang up from her seat when she heard tick tick sounds from the window outside. The hell was Dahyun doing inside the house?! Her heart nearly jumped out of her chest! 


Sinb immediately went to open the door for her friend and Dahyun came inside. "You creeped the hell out of me! How did you even managed to get inside the gate?" 


"Oh, Yuju lent me hers." Dahyun explained while looking at Sinb's house. "Oh girl..."


Sinb closed the door and followed the wandering Dahyun in the living room. "Oh girl what?" 


"I never thought you like cute things Sinb!" Dahyun remarked. Everywhere she looked, she could not see and 'Sinb-ness' except for the dull red couch. The colors of the house was warm and cheery. Opposite of what she had known of her friend. "Must be because you're pregnant." 


"Did Yuju told you about this?" Sinb asked. 


Dahyun hummed while settling herself on one ottoman beside the couch. "Nope. She didn't tell me anything besides the fact that you got a girlfriend. Plus, that tummy speaks for itself." 


Sinb's lips formed an 'oh.' How could she be so dumb? Of course, the first thing they would see about her was her bulging tummy! Does she still think her baby bump was still small?


"Tell me Sinb," Dahyun started as she saw her friend taking a seat on the couch. My, her friend did not even invite her to have some snacks! The decency! "You really wouldn't invite me for some finger foods don't you?"


Sinb raised an eyebrow. "Of course... not. And I don't intent to be a good ol' host for you." 


"Wow," Dahyun scoffed. "Some things really never change huh? I don't know what to say." 


Sinb smirked as she sighed. "Then do yourself a favor, Miss Gate Crasher. There's a can of sweets inside the kitchen." 


Dahyun slowly got up and glared at her friend. But she missed this. She missed her friend so much that it was okay for her to let Sinb be her annoying self. At least there were less annoying people she have to deal with at Illinois. 


----


"Why are you such in a hurry?" Eunha asked her sister. She was seated in the living room of their farm house and was a tad irked at Yerin's hasty movements. Last time she checked, they do not have an urgent delivery. Why was her sister so agitated anyways? 


Yerin sighed after she gave the driver her last minute instructions. She never felt so tired before when it came to work. But now? She could not even rest one bit. But she has to work double time if she want to spend time with her girlfriend. 


Why oh why does Umji could not just let her go for this weekend? 


"Could you sit down for a minute?" Eunha complained. "I'm getting dizzy with you walking around the living room." 


Yerin slumped her tired body on the couch where Eunha was seated. "Just one more delivery and I'm out of here." 


"Whoah unnie," Eunha remarked. What was with the sudden change of work attitude? "You never ditch work, you know that right?"


"Yeah, so?" Yerin replied exhaustedly. She got no energy running from one greenhouse to another. 


"Then why ditch now?" 


Yerin snapped her head as if she only heard that question for the first time. "Of course I have a pregnant girlfriend to take care of! Who shouldn't get worried?" 


Eunha smirked as she tried to get up. Her sister was working her worrying for nothing. Maybe a burger or two would help lighten up their mood. "Hey unnie, Sinb can take care of herself. You already told her of what she should do in case of emergency."


"But I can't help but be worried," Yerin murmured.


"Let me grab you some burgers and ice cream," Eunha offered while skipping giddily. "And let me tell you that on a scale of one to ten, you will still see Sinb alive inside the house." 


Yerin's eyes widened at what she heard. "Yah! You better take that back!" 


Eunha laughed while her small figure was going inside their kitchen. "Or maybe not since Sinb's a terrible cook."


____


"So tell me about this girlfriend-to-be wife of yours," Dahyun asked earnestly. She just got some snacks inside Sinb's kitchen and was now propped beside her friend on the floor. She was very much intrigued about this 'girlfriend' of her friend since she have not met her yet. And changing Sinb in a span of months kept her interest more. "And how did you end up proposing to her without consulting me first."


Sinb pretended she did not heard the last part but her cheeks gave the allusion that she did. Truth be told, she forgot to tell Dahyun this part of her life, more over, her plan on proposing to Yerin. She was just preoccupied by the tiniest details of how to pop the million dollar question. 


"Don't just scribble there," Dahyun pressed and took out the pencil from the pregnant woman. "You're not even an artist." 


Sinb shot a glare at that and Dahyun laughed at the reaction. But that was true. Oh why did she even want the set in the first place?! Sinb stopped fiddling and looked at her friend. "Well, Yerin's a bit of a charmer." 


Dahyun smirked. "A bit or a whole lot of being a charmer?" 


"Aish! Do you even want me to start?" Sinb complained and made a 'tsk' sound. "Fine, she's a serious case of a charmer. At first I thought she was just like the others, you know, pretty normal. But then I got to know her and saw her 'cute' side and poof! There you have it." 


"Do you want me to laugh?" Dahyun questioningly said. How could someone buy that kind of explanation?! 


"I told you the story so quit asking!" Sinb said as she started scribbling again. 


"First of all, you don't like cute things Sinb," Dahyun deadpanned. "Second of all, it takes a long time for you to commit seriously. And third of all, you're not even lovable to be loved at!" 


Sinb scoffed. How dare she say that! "Wha-- I'm not even surprised. But let's just say, she loved me even if it's hard to be with me sometimes." 


Dahyun smiled. "Of course. Will she even stay with you up 'til now?" 


"Are you really mocking my attitude?" Sinb dared. "I don't need flat earthers in my house." 


Dahyun laughed at the comment. Oh girl, she does not know how Yerin could put up with Sinb's various moods in a moment. "Fine, I'm just teasing! Then how did you propose?" 


"Didn't Yuju tell you anything?" Sinb said blankly. 


"Nope. She just told me you're going to get married and have a football team of babies." Dahyun said with much enthusiasm in her voice. Out of the three of them, they were sure that she would like to have babies as many as a basketball team has. Yuju just like to have three while Sinb... well they did not even put into consideration that she would get married someday. 


But someone might have tipped Hera in Dahyun's guess that Sinb would get pregnant! 


"Football team?!" Sinb said in surprise. What the actual freak did Yuju put into Dahyun's mind?! For sure having to push the baby when it is due would bring so much pain in the , how would even a woman want fourteen babies?! "Of course not! I just gotten laid and got pregnant and I would never want to be the one carrying the baby for thirteen times!" 


"Oh but a lot would be good!" Dahyun chirped. "Imagine being surrounded by tiny little babies!"


Oh girl... was all Sinb could say about her hopeless romantic friend. 


----


"You looked exhausted," Umji remarked as she noticed Yerin's slumped posture in the counter. It was a Wednesday and there are no costumers stopping to look around the shop. It was a pretty normal case as it was not the peak of the season yet. But it seemed Yerin was so done with her life right now. "It's definitely not because of the flowers because if so, then I would gladly fire you right now." 


Yerin's eyebrow twitched. Fired? Who is going to get fired?! "Let me remind you that I'm the owner of this lovable shop, Ms. Umji." 


"Then stop sulking around," Umji countered as she went near her friend. "You sulking would bring bad luck to the shop." 


Yerin heaved a sigh as she straightened her posture. "Well, Sinb got a guest coming over and over. I'm glad Sinb got to meet her friend from Illinois and could keep her company but she's way too energetic for me." 


Umji's eyes widened in surprise. Too energetic? "And that statement coming from a beagle like you? My, how could she be so energetic?"


Yerin tiredly glanced to her partner and shook her head. "Way, way too energetic. She always want to hang around and ask me questions about my relationship with Sinb and she wouldn't even stop asking. I could even see her eyes sparkling whenever I answer her!" 


"Maybe she is intrigued about you," Umji said after listening. "You know, being far away from friends and seeing them now needs a lot of catching up to do." 


"But she's being over the top," Yerin answered exasperatedly. "I couldn't even have a solo time with Sinb. And whenever she goes home, we're all but tired and we just sleep!" 


Umji chuckled at what she heard. Yerin whining was unusual, and whenever she does, it sure paid off the unusualness. "Then why not talk to Sinb? She could tell it to her friend to regulate her "visiting hours" she said while mimicking a quote and unquote on the visiting hours. 


"That's the thing," Yerin snapped from her thoughts. She looked more troubled than ever. "I just can't." 


"Why?" Umji inquired. 


"It's her bestfriend and Sinb's fond of her." Yerin answered with much distaste on the words. Plus, she could not just say it to Sinb. That would be too rude. 


"Are you jealous?" 


What? 

"No! Why would I?" Yerin immediately answered. "They're just friends. Nothing to worry about." 


Umji rolled her eyes. Who would buy it? Nuh-uh, not her. "Then what are you exactly feeling agitated for?" 


Yerin kept silent. She told her about the energetic friend, what else could be the reason? Surely it was not the jealous type. No. 


"Are you perhaps, wanting to have some physical contact with Sinb?" Umji carefully laid out the words. 


"Physical contact? What do you even mean by physical contact?" 


"Oh you know," Umji said. "We sometimes crave for some activity especially during the night." 


Yerin got red in an instant once the words registered in her head. Oh no. She did not think about having ! How could she when Sinb's about to give birth in less than three weeks! 


"I'm not a maniac!" Yerin blurted and Umji laughed her off. "I just... I just want Sinb t-to kiss me." 


"Kiss you?" Umji asked. "You could've said that awhile ago!" 


----


"Yerin looked so defeated," Sowon remarked as she helped Eunha with the grocery bags. "I've never seen her so... dried up."


"She lacked on what we call make out." Eunha said dryly. She do not want to pry over her sister's love affair that much since it was with Sinb anyways. But her girlfriend seemed concerned. "Sinb's pregnant and unnie sure wants some y time."

 

 

"Really?" Sowon asked amused. "Well she could always cuddle up with the brat. Why not just talk about it?" 

 

 

Eunha opened the kitchen cabinet to arrange some canned goods before they open the shopping bags. "Well, Sinb's other best friend came into town and been visiting almost everyday. And Sinb seemed so fond of her friend and unnie just can't get in between them."

 

 

"Can't get in between?" Sowon confusedly asked. What's wrong with Yerin? "Wait. So they don't have much 'alone time' then?"

 

 

"Bingo." Eunha remarked. "Whenever her friend leaves, all there's left for them is to sleep the night away. I scolded unnie about this, but you know how unnie is."

 

 

"Yeah, stubbornly pathetic." Sowon said as she heaved a sigh. 

 

 

----

 

 

It has been two weeks since Dahyun regularly visits Sinb and Yerin's house and nothing between the couple was progressing. It was a depressing sight to see or Yuju when the redhead decided to stop by the house to chill. Dahyun already left the place when she came to visit and saw the couple not talking to each other. 

 

 

Yuju observed more as Yerin handed her a juice to drink while Sinb was channel surfing. Yerin immediately went back to the kitchen to clean some stuffs up and never did she tried to ask or offer Sinb a drink... which was utterly weird for Yuju when she noticed it. The hell was going on between these two?!

 

 

"Hey Sinb," Yuju started to converse. Sinb must not have heard as her bratty Chief just kept on changing channels. "Hey preggy momma!"

 

 

Sinb shot a glare at Yuju. The hell she called her that again! "Wha'd'you want?"

 

 

"Are you and your girl got into a fight?" She straightforwardly answered. 

 

 

What?

 

 

Sinb got surprised by the question and looked at the kitchen if Yerin might have heard it. "Shh! Why are you so loud?"

 

 

Aha! So there was something going on between them. Yuju could not help but make some 'tsk tsk' sounds and Sinb glared at her more. "What could be the problem Chief?" She whispered. 

 

 

Contrary to what everyone might have thought about her being so fond of her best friend and forgetting all about Yerin, Sinb could feel how Yerin was avoiding her. She could not blame all of this on Dahyun's frequent visits, it was just that she was all tired after all those pregnant exercises Dahyun had prepared for her. She could also sense that Yerin wants to talk to her about something but her girlfriend just kept mum about it for two weeks. 

 

 

Plus, she does not have the courage to ask Yerin about this too. She could feel how down Yerin was the whole two weeks and it looks like talking to her would not do any good either. Sinb was tired too. 

 

 

"I don't know what's wrong." Sinb flatly informed the redhead. "We're just both tired, I guess." 

 

 

Yuju shook her head. Them not talking was bothering her so much. It was so not like them. She was used to Yerin being all so clingy and Sinb failing to act cool. She was even used to the couple's weird public display of affection. "Try to talk this out Sinb. You don't want this getting worse." 

 

 

Sinb turned off the television and heaved a sigh. "I know."

 

 

----

 

 

"Oh god, can you focus for once freaking Jung Yerin?!" Yerin scolded herself. She has been doing a couple of her work wrong and she getting annoyed at herself. She has been trying to rub her mind off of Sinb but it seemed her small brain do not want to. Freaking frog eggs! All she wants was a moment free from thinking how could she kiss her girlfriend!

 

 

"You got the sender's name wrong again Jung?" Umji inspected as she took hold of the card that was supposed to be inserted from the bouquet. "What's happening with you?" 

 

 

"I'll replace that one right away," Yerin replied. She got herself another card and started scribbling the sender's name. Umji just observed her and then eventually stopped her from further writing. Yerin just heaved a sigh and looked at her partner. "I just couldn't take my mind off of Sinb."

 

 

"Are you worried?" Umji asked. 

 

 

"That's one," Yerin answered back. "But there's something... I'll be frank Umji."

 

 

Umji leaned on the counter where Yerin was and rested both her elbows over it and rested her chin on her palms. "I'm all ears."

 

 

"These days, I've been wanting to kiss Sinb. And I know this is weird but I can'tn seem to talk to her about it, especially when she's too occupied with Dahyun lately. And whenever we get to be alone inside the house, she was too tired and I can't just force her to kiss me!"

 

 

To say Umji's jaw dropped to the floor could be exaggerated but it definitely shook Umji. That was the only reason?! My, my, my... and all these days, Sowon could not help but blabber about Yerin being so dried up not having with Sinb when all that Yerin wanted was a kiss? 

 

 

Oh girl. 

 

 

"I think, you need to unwind yourself," Umji tired to calm her partner though she was also a bit shocked at the revelation. "And you need to understand that Sinb could get tired fast because of her condition. But please, don't ever let that you stop from talking to her."

 

 

"Wait," Yerin's eyes widened at what she heard. Did Umji knew? "How did you know that?" 

 

 

"It doesn't take a second to know that you were avoiding her because of that." Umji simply said. "Go talk to her. She's your girl anyways and I bet she wants to talk to you too." 

 

 

----

 

 

"How's your valentine plan for tomorrow? Are you all set?" Sowon asked Yuju when they got to hang out that Wednesday night. They just finished playing arcade games and decided to grab some sojus in a nearby store. 

 

 

"I just plan to take her to watch movies," Yuju said as they were walking the still chilly streets of Seoul. "Then after that, we'll go on a road trip. Maybe tour her to the typical sights here."

 

 

"That sounded romantic," Sowon remarked. She was really amused at how Yuju could think simple things and make it wonderful. She knew Umji would appreciate the gesture. "Well, I plan on ta--"

 

 

"Making out with Eunha?"

 

 

What. The. Freak. 

 

 

Sowon batted her eyes as if she heard the most insulting thing ever. She also stopped in her tracks and glared at Yuju which the redhead just laughed at. "Why do I feel like that's the only thing I could do to Eunha?"

 

 

"Maybe because you're a walking make-out machine?" Yuju said as she prepared for Sowon to catch her. 

 

 

"Oi! Come back here!" Sowon said as she ran behind Yuju. Damn, Yuju could really run! "Who told you that?!"

 

 

"Yerin! Yerin told me you're some kind of a mania--oops!" Yuju stopped as soon as she completed the word maniac. "Why don't you scold her and stop running after me!"

 

 

"Not when I caught you!" Sowon blurted. 

 

 

----

 

 

"Sinb?" Yerin asked as soon as she entered the room. She saw Sinb seated on the edge of the bed, her hand on her womb. "Why are you still awake?" 

 

 

Sinb looked at her. "I want to talk to you about something."

 

 

Oh. 

 

 

Yerin gulped. Does Sinb wanted to talk about that? Well this should happen sooner or later right? Better get over it. 

 

 

"What do you want to talk about?" Yerin asked as she carefully propped herself beside Sinb but distanced herself. Sinb saw this and looked at he with questioning eyes. "What?"

 

 

"Scoot closer will you?" Sinb ordered but Yerin just stayed put. "Yerin. Sit closer to me. I've missed you." 

 

 

Oh Mother Mary!

 

 

Yerin felt her skin tingled when she heard that Sinb missed her. She missed her too. So bad. She inched closer to Sinb and cautiously leaned her head on Sinb's shoulder. She was waiting for Sinb to move her shoulders or say that she does not want it, but Sinb did not move. Instead, she rested her head above hers. "I... I missed you too."

 

 

Sinb gave small smile. She has been deprived of all Yerin's pats and touches. She missed this. She missed her. But she knew they have to settle that elephant in the room. "So can we talk now?" 

 

 

"You mean, what we'll do tomorrow?" Yerin tried to change the subject. "It's Valentine's day tomorrow. Where do you want to spend it?" 

 

 

"Don't you think we should be talking first on why you're avoiding me?" Sinb sternly said. 

 

 

"I-I'm not avoiding you," Yerin withdrew her head from resting on her girlfriend's shoulder. She even averted her eyes from meeting with Sinb's. "Fine, well there's this something I've been wanting to ask you."

 

 

"I know, I could read you now." Sinb answered softly. "And I know you've been avoiding me. Tell me now, Jung." Sinb smiled. 

 

 

"Jung? You're now calling me that?" Yerin cutely said as she wanted Sinb to know how disappointed she was when she heard it. "All these time, I didn't get to have a cute nickname from you."

 

 

"Tell me first on what's been running into your mind these days," Sinb said with a straight face. Nope. She will ever fall for that adorable face in front of her. She was good being cool. "Then I'll tell you what's your real nickname to me."

 

 

"Well, I..." Freak. Why didn't I rehearse about this?! I just couldn't say I want to kiss!

 

 

Yerin gulped hard. Then when she was about to say it, Sinb beat her into saying something. "W-what was that?" She asked again. 

 

 

"Y-Yerin... I-I..."

 

 

Yerin looked at Sinb and she was confused on why was Sinb suddenly became worried. What is it? "Yes Sinb?" 

 

 

Then Yerin was surprised when Sinb was slowly leaning in to her. Did Sinb read her mind just now and she wanted to kiss her? Oh my... She was not prepared!

 

 

"Y-you want to?" Yerin hesitatingly said. 

  

 

"."

 

 

 

 

Oh girl. Too much for expecting. Yerin blinked multiple times at what she heard. "You want to ?" 

 

 

"Freak no!" Sinb blurted as her voice got strained. "I-I think, my water broke." 

 

 

Oh. Yerin froze in her spot. Did she heard it right? I think I'm going to pass out.

 

-oo0oo-

(34) Worth Of All Everything

 

-oo0oo-

So many things happened. But here we are! Two chapters left :) 

Take care people! Ciao!