(1) Tired of Relationships

Unexpected

1: Tired of Relationships

 

Sinb hurriedly stacked her files, closed her computer and rushed to get out of her office door. She was very excited since it was their long awaited anniversary and she has been preparing it for the past months. She could never get more excited that she was only focused on arriving to the hotel to have some last minute arrangements. Because she was giddy, she did not even noticed that someone was practically shouting her name ever since she went out of her office room. And when she was about to turn around to look for whoever was calling her, she bumped to a woman. "Ouch!"


"It seems you're in a good mood today Sinb," A tall redhead greeted while rubbing her head from the impact. "Care to share what's so good today?"


"It's my most important date of all dates Yuju," Sinb happily said not even minding the throbbing head she has just bumped with against her friend. "Eunseo and I will be having a dinner date to celebrate our anniversary." 


"Oh so it's that time of the year huh," Yuju commented as she looked at her wristwatch. "I thought it would be on the next month."


Sinb quirked an eyebrow at what Yuju answered. She was not sure if Yuju heard her right or it was the latter being weird again. Nonetheless, she decided that she does not have time to contemplate on such things and bid good bye to her friend. 


"Wish me luck Yuju!" She exclaimed as she went out of their division's office.


"Don't forget to bring me some treats later!"

 

----

 

Yerin was standing in front of a statue in the middle of a park. Her girlfriend invited her to a movie date and later a dinner date. She was dressed in a cute yellow dress, her favorite color, and one that her girlfriend bought her. It was her intention that she was early since she could not shake the elated feeling that she had trouble sleeping last night. No, it was not her first date with her, but everytime they went on dates like this, feels like her first. That is just how she was so much in love with Joy that everything they do feels like the first they do it.


"Hey beautiful,"


Yerin looked up to where that loving voice came from and beamed her cutest smile. "Hey munchkins."


"You look utterly gorgeous in that dress Yerin," Joy complimented her girlfriend. Then she went near Yerin and placed a chaste kiss on her girlfriend's forehead. Yerin smiled towards the gesture. "Let's get to our date?"


"I'm more than ready for that." Yerin answered as she placed her right arm to Joy's left one and they went on their schedule for the day.

 

----

 

Sinb carefully placed the ring inside the small cake she ordered and gave a thumbs up to the waitress assigned to serve the particular sweet later. She then went back to their table and took a picture of the seemingly perfect arrangement of the supposed romantic dinner they will be having for the night. This is the moment that Sinb has waited for. After only two years of dating, she was sure that Eunseo was the one meant for her. After all, she changed from being a player to a loyal girlfriend ever since she got Eunseo's yes. Though their relationship was not always treading on the good side, with Sinb finding Eunseo wrapped to another woman's arm while kissing, they made it through the storm. Eunseo told her that it was only a friend's kiss and they had only done it because they only had met each other that time. Sinb forgave her. She would always forgive her. That is how she loves her so much.

 
"Perfect," she complimented the arrangement and herself too for a job well done. "Now all that's left is Eunseo." 


Sinb checked her watch and found that she still have fifteen minutes to spare before Eunseo could arrive at the rented hotel. She fixed her bangs to the side and asked the waitress if she looked good enough. The waitress complimented her good looks and she thanked her for it. She tried to sit down and behave like what a grown woman should do while she waited. 


"This is so nerve-wracking." She remarked as she rubbed her sweaty palms together. She promised herself to wait for Eunseo without trying to call the girl for she did not really want to bother her. And so Sinb waited. 


But she waited for nothing.

 

----

 

"This cake's delicious!" Yerin exclaimed as she finished tasting the red velvet cake they were sharing. Joy smiled at her and tried to wipe the excess crumbs on Yerin's lips. Yerin was happily eating hers but she noticed that Joy has not eaten a single bite of their shared cake. "Why aren't you eating? Don't you like it?"


Joy half-smiled this time, her aura changing from warm to a more serious and mysterious one. "I actually wanted to tell you something today."


"What is it?" Yerin suddenly gulped. It was her first time to see a serious Joy outside her work and in front of her. For five years that they have been together, they did not get into a single fight. And how surprising it may be for others that there could be a couple who so much understand each other that they do not have quarreled, Yerin and Joy proved that impossibility. So if ever that there was something that Yerin have done wrong tonight, she was seeing it for the first time with Joy's sudden change of demeanor. "Did I do something wrong?" 


"It's not really you Yerin. It's me." Joy uttered while trying her best to look at her girlfriend in the eyes.

 
"Uhm," Yerin was looking for words this time. She felt awkward and surely the atmosphere suddenly changed into a tensioned one. If there was one flaw into what seemed perfect relationship, Yerin would admit that she was never good in guessing what was playing inside Joy's mind. Joy would always surprise her, and when she thought she finally know how the girl's mind works, the latter would prove her wrong. "So...you did something wrong and I didn't caught up to your act?"


Joy just looked at her with a hardened face. "It's more like I've been the one doing it all wrong and you just keep on being that ideal girlfriend for me and I just..." she trailed thinking if she would really say it to Yerin. 


"I don't understand," Yerin said. It was her first time seeing Joy in this troubled manner. Why was she underestimating herself? Why does she even think of that? "You were the perfect girlfriend anyone could ever have. You were the one of the greatest and amazing persons out there and I love you so much for that. Please don't belittle yourself because you have done so much for this relationship, for these years, for me." 


"This is why I find it hard to break up with you." Joy whispered but audible enough for Yerin to hear. "You are just too kind even if I wronged you and I know you would forgive me for anything that I may have done."


Wait. What? Did she heard it right? Joy wanted to break up with her? Yerin was confused. Just a while ago they were having so much fun watching movies and eating their dinner. How did it turn out to this?


"Y-you wanted us to break up?" Yerin carefully asked hoping that Joy would retract her words. 


"I wanted to break up with you Yerin." Joy answered her clearly. 


Yerin's mind went blank. She can't think of anything else but rather how the way the events unfolded before her eyes. She was confused and slowly, it feels like she was being stabbed by a million knives with each word from Joy that she was trying to digest.


"W-why?" Yerin aked with eyes that were starting to glisten with tears. Her voice scratched as she was trying to control her sobs from being audible.

 
"I fell in love with someone."


Yerin was silent after that. She did not know what to do now that Joy found someone else. Did she got tired of her already? Was she boring? Was she not enough?

 

"M-may I ask when did you start cheating on me?" Yerin stuttered. She knew she would get hurt by the answer but she needs to know. No, she demands it, albeit her tone was shouting of desperation. 


"We've been meeting for the past two years already," Joy answered with an unreadable expression on her face. "And I wanted us to be official so I need to break this thing off with you."


Yerin bowed her head down as she heard her girlfriend's answer. It feels like she was being splashed by cold water. Tears are now freely falling from her face and she did not even care to wipe those. She needed to know the hows and whys, but she does not know how much she could handle the truth. 


Joy did not try to wipe those tears Yerin was shedding. It would just worsen the situation she thought and so she kept still, facing the restaurant window, waiting for a bombardment of questions coming from the one seated infront of her. But Yerin just continued to cry her silent cry, trying to avoid gaining attention from the people inside. 


"Let's call this off Yerin. I'm sure you're going to find someone better than me." 


But before Joy could walk away from their table, Yerin grabbed her hand, stopping her from walking away. 


"What is it that you want now?" Joy asked coldly. She wanted this to end fast.


"D-do you l-love her that much that y-you're willing to let go of this five year relationship?" Yerin asked, still bowing her head but her grip on Joy's hand just got firmer. She needed support. And she badly wanted it to be Joy. 


"Relationships has got nothing to do with how long they have been together as long as their feelings are mutual. And I don't feel that with you anymore Yerin. If any, it was your kindness and good nature that kept me from going away even though I don't share the same feelings you have for me," Joy spatted out without looking at Yerin. "That kindness you have was the mere reason this relationship couldn't go on Yerin. You killed me and my feelings with that."

 

----

 

Eunseo was never picking up the call. Sinb was nervous since it was not Eunseo's nature to be late. She stood up and tried to talk to some attendants and waitresses if they have seen any trace of the only woman who would be entering the hotel doors. The waitresses could only shake their heads as they have never seen a guest coming inside since Sinb rented the place. 


"Where could she be?" Sinb asked to no one in particular  as she returned to her seat. She waited and called again but no answer and presence of the girl could be felt. Sinb got tired of waiting and removed the ring from the cake. The waitresses were saddened too when Sinb walked out of the hotel doors without proposing to the girl she has been waiting for hours. 


She went to the parking lot ready to get back to her office and maybe continue calling her girlfriend there. But something caught her eye. She was sure that it was Eunseo's car that was parked not far away from where she parked hers. Then why did not Eunseo come to the hotel? What was she even doing by now? And as if the gods heard her, she saw a leg peeking from the passenger seat. It was weird for Sinb to tell and so she walked nearer to it only to find her girlfriend making out with the same woman they had their huge fight with.


"Really?" Sinb's voice mixed with desperation and scoff. She was looking at what could definitely make her world shatter into pieces. Rage was slowly consuming her mind and body as the half bodies have not been able notice that someone was already checking them out. Sinb whacked the window several times to gain their attention and when Eunseo looked for the sound, she was surprised to see a deadly Sinb outside her car. 


Sinb turned her back and walked away from the scene. Eunseo went out of the car while covering her half body and tried to stop her girlfriend but the latter managed to get inside of her own car. 


"Let me explain Sinb!" She begged the pink-color haired girl. 


"I saw what happened. There's nothing you should explain about." Sinb said coldly while trying her hardest not to slap Eunseo. After all the heartache she has received, she could not harm the girl she gave her heart to. She then went to switch the car's engine to leave the place. 


"At least hear her explanation!" The woman Eunseo made out with shouted at her. 


Sinb's eyes darkened at what she heard and went out of her car to push Eunseo away from her. She then went nearer to the woman and punched her in the face. Sinb couldn't control her body due to the massive emotion she was feeling inside. She looked to the woman now lying on the floor and Eunseo scrambling to help the passed out woman. 


This broke Sinb's heart more. Why was she even watching this? She turned her back and went inside her car again only to be stopped by Eunseo. 


"Hear me out please Sinb!" 


"I've heard enough lies from you Eunseo and I'm afraid I do no longer have any piece of my heart to give to you." Sinb said coldly. She was hurt that the love of her life just cheated on her. Not once, but twice and with the same woman for Pete's sake! She knew she would always forgive her, but what's there to forgive?


"Sinb please," Eunseo cried but Sinb was not going to have any of it. 


"Let's break up Eunseo and how I wish to never see you again."


And with it, Sinb left Eunseo in the middle of the parking lot with the comfort of the passed out woman she just made love with.

 

-oo0oo-

(2) A Little Won't Hurt