(13) A Drive For License

Unexpected

 

(13) A Drive For License

 

"You're so early for a Saturday unnie," Eunha remarked as she saw Yerin dressed in a white oversized t-shirt tucked in black shorts and was finishing cooking breakfast. "Care to share what's happening?" 

 

Yerin turned around to see a still sleepy Eunha with her rabbit overall pajamas. Even the younger's hair was a mess which made Yerin chuckle. "Well, today's a special one." 

 

"Why?" Eunha asked. 

 

"I'm planning to get a license." Yerin simply answered while putting the plate of omelet over the dining table. 

 

"You don't even have a car unnie," Eunha said while combing her messy hair. But sure, she'll take it. If this was one of the things that could help her sister move on, the bunny will take it. "So you're going to enter driving school? I heard it's expensive for someone like you." 

 

Yerin stopped for moment. Did she heard it right? It's expensive? "How much do you think will it cost me?" 

 

Eunha laughed at Yerin's question. "Look at you! You're a businesswoman and your product's receiving an all sales high and you ask as if you don't even make money!" 

 

"Yah! I'm a thrifty person, you know that! I wouldn't waste time on something more than what I'm earning." Yerin explained her side. 

 

She was reminded how she lost more than a hundred bucks with Sinb in one night. Goodness gracious! That was over her limit! She would even make herself lunch so that her only expenses would be her modes of tranporstation. And it wouldn't even cross more than 50 bucks! 

 

"Then I think, going to driving school is a no-no then," Eunha said as she stuffed herself with the omelet Yerin made for breakfast. "I'll ask Sowon to teach you unnie. I know she'll be a very good teacher." 

 

----

 

"That's a surprise," Sinb muttered to herself when she went inside her bathroom. She was expecting of throwing up once she wakes up. But she felt nothing. Was that even normal? Sinb does not know and maybe she wouldn't care. At least she got rid of that nauseated feeling. 

 

What a good thing to start the day.

 

"Sinb bestfriend!" She heard Yuju called her name. 

 

Oh I take it back. 

 

"Sinb!" Yuju greeted her once she saw Sinb came out of the bathroom. "Is it time for morning sickness?" 

 

Sinb shot a glare at her friend. When will Yuju stop teasing her about it? It's as if she wasn't being reminded of her situation everyday. "Nope Yuju. I don't feel like throwing up. But seeing you might." 

 

"Yah!" Yuju reacted. Thank the heavens her friend was pregnant, she needed all restraint in her just not to whack Sinb. "Good for you I'm in a good mood." 

 

"I was in a good mood until you came," Sinb mumbled to herself. 

 

"C'mon Sinb, dress up we're going somewhere," Yuju said giddily while dragging Sinb towards the latter's room. 

 

"And where are you even taking me?" Sinb asked.

 

"Where going to a place where we'll see something funny." 

 

----

 

"You're hopeless," Sowon commented. She lost count on how many times she sighed here and there when Yerin would manage to crash over some tires. She was hoping that Yerin would get the hang of driving since yesterday but it seemed that driving was not just in the brunette's blood. 

 

Sowon took them to her favorite hang-out. A place where race enthusiasts and amateur drivers try to experience the world of racers. The place was complete from racing suites, tracks to explore to cars for rent. 

 

"Why can't I turn right?!" Yerin said frustratingly. Why is driving so hard?! "Ugh! Why are there so many to step on in the first place? I hate this!" 

 

"You're just an idiot unnie," Eunha remarked after she took a sip of her milk tea. "Turning right is easy. You're making it complicated." 

 

Yerin scoffed at ther younger sister. Why did she even allow Eunha to tag along with them? She'll just keep on teasing and teasing about her driving skills. "Says the one who didn't even touched a wheel." 

 

"I'm here!" Umji greeted the trio as she approached them. "I bought some snacks. I planned to buy some decent breafast but nah, I decided to buy these." 

 

She handed Eunha her all-time favorite food and placed the box of pizza from YellowCabs over the table. 

 

"Watch how many you eat Eunha," Sowon reminded her. "You don't want getting fat, do you?" 

 

Eunha puffed at her girlfriend's reminder. Sowon should understand that she and her love for burgers are meant to be together. Just like her and Sowon. Like ketchup and manhattan dressing in a weiner. Like...let's stop with the pairings, okay?

 

"Are you telling me I'm a big eater?" Eunha lowkey accusing her girlfriend as she munched a bite of the heavenly food. 

 

"Yes you are," the three answered simultaneously. 

 

"Why did you even buy such unhealthy foods for breakfast?" Sowon complained to Umji. Now, she and Eunja will have another fight featuring burgers again. God, how Sowon wished Eunha could be like that to her. 

 

"Well, I'm expecting to watch a comedy show featuring Yerin unnie," Umji nonchalantly explained. "I didn't get to enjoy my lunch yesterday because of her."

 

"Stop it!" Yerin whined as she covered her ears with both hands. she does not need to be reminded of how horrendous her driving skills are especially yesterday. Yup. Most especially what happened yesterday. 

 

----

 

"Yerin unnie is so bad at driving," Umji remarked as she and Eunha were watching the dup from afar. "I didn't know she could be this terrifyingly bad." 

 

"Same sentiments here," Eunha seconded as she ate her burger (yes, again.) "I don't even know what has gotten into her mind that she suddenly wanted to learn how to drive."

 

Umji knows the reason behind it though she could not tell it to Eunha. She couldn't afford losing a partner in her gallery. Nope. "Maybe a way of moving on?" 

 

"That's what I thought too," Eunha said. 

 

"Why do you keep forgetting what I told you?" Sowon scolded the brunette. "I told you to put down the handbrake first before stepping on the clutch for gear one. Not stepping on the accelerator, you idiot! Of course, the engine will die because of that!" 

 

"I'm trying!" Yerin argued back. Geez, why does driving so freaking complicated?!

 

"Okay, let's try again," Sowon ordered as she buckled her seat belt. She can't afford losing any part of her body just for Yerin. If it were her girlfriend, she might. But not for Yerin. Nope, definitely not for her. 

 

But because of Yerin's bad start, Sowon thought she might be losing a limb.  

 

----

 

"Okay, remember what I told you," Sowon reminded the reckless first timer. "Put down the handbrake."

 

Yerin did as what she was told. She put down the handbrake, stepped on the clutch and paced for gear one. She was doing fine until stepping on the accelerator. 

 

She pressed on the gas too hard that Sowon's jeepney came flying with abrupt speed. Umji and Eunha had their eyes wide open due to shock. Eunha dropped the burger she was eating while Umji poured her iced tea on the ground. And when they both have an idea to where the jeep would end, both covered their eyes and started screaming. 

 

"Stop the car! Stop the goddamn car Yerin!" Sowon shouted at the top of her lungs. "Stop it!"

 

"I don't know what to do! How will I stop this?!" Yerin asked out of panic.

 

"Step on the brakes!" 

 

"Where's the freaking brakes?!" Yerin panicked. If her braincells gave up on memorizing the steps on how to drive, then her last braincell just walked out on her in that very moment.

 

"In the midd--" Sowon was cut off mid-sentence when she saw where they were heading. They were heading straight to her neighbor's wall. "T-turn right! Turn right! We're going to crash!" 

 

Yerin lifted her chin to see what was Sowon babbling about and was shocked to see a wall getting near them. Where did the road go?! 

 

"I ing said turn right!" Sowon shouted frantically while her hands are busy clutching whatever there was to hang on to. 

 

Yerin turned. But girl what a turn it was. 

 

Instead of going to the right where the road can be seen, she violently swerved to the left which was headed to Sowon's neighbor's garden. "How can I stop this car?!" Yerin shouted. 

 

Not the neighbor's garden please, Sowon prayed silently.

 

"Oh no, no, no, no." Sowon said as she placed her palms to cover her face. 

 

Then Yerin remembered the handbrake Sowon told her to put down. Now that should stop the car, she thought. She pulled the handbrake and came the jeepney skidding.

 

"I thought we're going to die," Yerin said while panting. "Thank heavens we're alive."

 

If Yerin was happy they were still breathing, Sowon was steaming red. Though the jeep came into full stop, they had still crashed into the neighbor's american fence and ran over to her dreaded garden of her neighbor. 

 

"Are you alright?" Eunha asked as soon as they approached the car. 

 

"We're lucky that time," Sowon remarked. She wanted to strangle Yerin at that very moment for what the latter did. But she held it in first. "Let me check the front bumper." 

 

And when Sowon saw what happened at her car's bumper, all hell broke loose. 

 

----

 

Yuju continued to drag Sinb inside what seemed to be a racing hub. "Are we racing?" Sinb asked innocently. "If we are then I'm officially declining because I still have a tummy to take care of." 

 

"Who told you we're racing?" Yuju said. "I told you we're going to watch something funny." 

 

"I don't see anything funny in this place," Sinb said. Then when Yuju dragged her to the balcony of the main building overlooking the field, something caught her eye. 

 

It was a speeding car and Sinb swore she saw her cute reckless being in the driver's seat. "What the---" 

 

----

 

If it were not for the safety belts, Sowon knew she ticked her last tock. She was sure she was seeing a bright light before they hit the blockade of tires. Gosh! She was so not ready to die yet! 

 

"Oh my God," Yerin managed to say while panting. She touched every part of her body if they were still intact. "Thank goodness, I'm still in one piece." 

 

Sowon glared at the brunette. "Thank St. Pietra I'm still alive or else." 

 

Employees from the racing hub came to assist Yerin and Sowon. The duo slowly came out of the crashed car. Eunha and Umji ran towards them but two other women beat them to it. 

 

"Yerin!" Sinb shouted as she approached the brunette. 

 

Yerin looked at the direction where she heard her name and girl was she stunned. Running towards her was Sinb clad in a white blouse draped over by a moss green bomber jacket and black skinny jeans. But the look on Sinb's face was the highlight in Yerin's eyes. 

 

Is she worried about me?

 

"Are you alright?" Sinb asked. She held Yerin's arms and looked at the latter's face, arms, and legs for possible injuries. A typical girlfriend gesture."Tell me, where does it hurt? Do we need to go to the hospital? I can take you there." 

 

"We have first aid at our main building," the stage offered. "We could treat minor injuries first." 

 

Sinb glared at the staff and Yerin swore she saw Jessica in Sinb. Like mother, like daughter huh? "Am I talking to you?" 

 

The staff retreated a few steps back. Sinb raised an eyebrow. "You know I could sue this hub if something happened to her, you know that?! Does the car even passed the safety measures? What if she didn't come out alive, what would you do, huh? Run for some life insurance?!" 

 

Yuju grabbed Sinb to cool the outraged woman. "Chill Sinb, you don't  want to make a scene." 

 

Yerin looked at Sinb and held her hands. "Hey, I'm alright. No need to worry," She assured the frantic Sinb. Yerin doesn't know what to feel at that moment. Will she feel flattered that Aphrodite's daughter was actually concerned about her or will she be worried because Sinb was under stress again? Maybe a little bit of both, no scratch that, she was feeling all hundred percent of both. 

 

"Who's that brat?" Sowon asked as she went near the brunette. She raised an eyebrow at Sinb. "And why is she so exaggeratingly loud?" 

 

Sinb glared at what she seemed a human giraffe. "I'm not a brat!" 

 

"Unnie?" Eunha suddenly appeared. They have caught up to the party and Eunha looked at the pink-haired woman whose back was facing hers. 

 

She knew she has seen that woman before. Where could she have seen her? 

 

And as if the heavens took pity at the growing curiosity of the bunny, the pink-haired woman faced her. 

 

"You?!" Both blurted out once they saw each other. 

 

And Yerin, who was in the middle of it all, was utterly confused. Did they know each other?

 

-oo0oo-

(14) Eyes On You