(34) Worth Of All Everything

Unexpected

(34) Worth Of All Everything


What? 


Did she heard it right? 


Did Sinb just told her that her water broke? Does that mean she would finally give birth to Eunbi? Oh girl... but wait.


Dr. Kang said she was due for next week, how come she could give birth right now? Sinb must be kidding right? 


But the worried look on her girlfriend's face, the beads of sweat starting to show on her forehead and that cold palm holding her, told her that Sinb was far from kidding. As if Sinb was the kind to joke around. Yerin tried to shake off the idea but the grip on her hand was too painful not to notice. 


"C-can you repeat that Bi?" Yerin asked, her voice full of uncertainty and panic. For months she knew she wanted to be a mother, but now... oh girl, why so sudden?! 


"I said my water broke!" Sinb blurted. The hell's wrong with Yerin? She wanted to shake Yerin to pop her bubble of whatever but she was in so much pain. It was like she was tying into a knot and stretching her. 


Oh. So she was not joking. 


Freak, Jung Yerin! You're going to be a mother! 


It was no doubt that it was the most shocking and startling revelation she has received in her whole existence. And it was clearly no doubt that she was frozen by what she heard. 


You're so hopeless Yerin. 


"Yerin!" Sinb said, her voice strained. Why was Yerin not doing anything?! "Oh my god Yerin, you have to help me! Do something!" Sinb swore, if not of the peircing pain she was feeling, she was sure to slap Yerin awake. 


"B-but you're supposed to give birth next week right?" Yerin asked to confirm, not wanting to believe that the day may have finally arrived. 


Really?! Sinb's eyebrow could not help but twitch out of annoyance. Yerin was really asking her that?! "Could you just do something?! It hurts!" 


Do something. Yerin snapped back to reality. Holy canoodles! She need to help Sinb! But what could she do?! "Uhm, uhm... hold on for a moment." Yerin said in a panic, she stood up from the bed and started running in circles. What should she be doing?! 


Sinb couldn't bear the pain anymore that she crouched while holding on to her womb. She could see blood trailing down her feet. Oh freaking Hera! Not the blood! Sinb's face got paler when she saw the streaks of red dripping from her. 

Her eyes scanned and looked for Yerin who was in her own world of frenzy. What was Yerin even doing?! "Damn it Yerin! Drive me to hospital now!" 


Ding! 


Oh right. She should be driving her to the goddamn hospital! "Oh, sorry." Yerin muttered and hastily but carefully carried the wincing Sinb. Yerin caught a glimpse of the blood and she too suddenly became pale. Mother Mary, she's bleeding! 


It all happened in a flash of a second. Yerin went to shove Sinb inside the passenger seat of the car and immediately buckled the pregnant woman. Sinb's eyes widened when she realized her mistake. Oh no. 


Did she just told Yerin to drive?! 


----


Eunha just got off from her class and was looking forward to eat her hamburger that Sowon delivered. This was the kind of a break she wanted--to eat her hamburger inside her cubicle. But just as she was about to take a bite, her phone suddenly rang. 


"What the-- I'm in my break!" She puffed. But she answered the caller anyways. "Hey unni-- what?! Oh my Lord, the devil will give birth already?!" 


----



Yerin picked up her speed and it looked like she has no intention of stopping. They zoomed past the streets and beating red lights and Sinb was all the more worried, not by the pain she was feeling from her womb, but rather on the reckless driving her girlfriend has been doing. , , , was all she could say inside her head. 

 

 

She could give birth inside the car because of the fast driving! 

 

 

She could also see the meter stick accelerating and accelerating. Though Yerin managed to buckle her up, with the speed Yerin was driving, she was sure her body could get thrown out once Yerin decided to a full halt. Oh dear me...

 

 

And much to the horror of our cool and uptight Sinb, she saw Yerin even calling on her phone while driving. Cheese niblets! For heaven's sake, Yerin does not know how to drive! Oh Sinb just wished that they could arrive at the hospital in one piece and that she does not give birth inside her freaking car.

 

 

----

 

 

Dr. Kang and Dr. Bae were having the time of their lives. Both doctors decided to file a leave from work so they could bond on the special day. Dr. Bae was in her red dress with sneakers to match it and Dr. Kang on her ponytail and denims with the shiny black stilettos. They are strolling on the busy streets of Seoul with hands held together. 

 

 

"It's been a while since we're out," Dr. Kang commented. "and I didn't know I'd be grateful for this night."

 

 

"Yeah, you always have a tendency to get into a foul mood when you're out on a gloomy night." Dr. Bae said as she chuckled. "The day couldn't get any perfect than this, am I right?" 

 

 

Dr. Kang was about to second Dr. Bae's statement when all of a sudden, her phone rang. She got a little irritated at the sudden nuisance but let that slip at the back of her mind. It might be nothing important, right?

 

 

"Won't you answer that, Gi?" Dr. Bae sternly notified. "You know I hate disturbances, but I think that is something important."

 

 

Dr. Kang shrugged. She does not want to spoil her day with some work matters. She did not even bother to look for the caller ID when she picked up. "Hello?"

 

 

----

 

 

And it was just like that time when she was rushed to the hospital with Yerin frantically rushing every nurse to accommodate them. Right at that moment, she does not understand what she was feeling. It seemed she was numb to the pain and she just wanted to sleep. 

 

 

She could hear people murmuring but she could not make any words. All she did was to stare at the lights while she was being rushed to the emergency room. How could she describe the feeling? All she knew was her womb was like constricting and contracting at the same time. And both was so painful that she could not even move a muscle. 

 

 

Did Jessica felt this way too?

 

 

Do all women who gave birth felt this?

 

 

Yerin looked at Sinb's pale face. She held her girlfriend's hand while the nurses are rushing to get her to the delivery room. "Everything's going to be fine, Bi." She assured the laboring woman.

 

 

Truth be told, she does not know how to comfort Sinb. Her mind just keeps on shutting down for her. She does not know what to say and yet she knows she has to say something. 

 

 

"Sinb," Yerin called out to her and Sinb slowly averted her eyes from the lights to look at her. "Everything's going to be fine, trust me." 

 

 

"It hurts... so much," Sinb tried to say but her words came as a whisper. "I-I'm afraid..."

 

 

Yerin saw the glint of fear behind those eyes. Yuju told her how hard Sinb was when it comes to emotions. Hwang Sinb was not afraid of anything, and yet her cold and cool girlfriend was afraid of what could go next. 

 

 

"Don't be," Yerin encouraged her as she felt Sinb's grip on her own trembling hand, tighten. "I'll never leave you so you need to stay with me on this one, okay?"

 

 

Then Yerin saw Dr. Kang and Dr. Bae rushing in to put their gowns and gloves and ran to meet them. Dr. Kang knew Yerin would insist going inside so she let her be and all figures went inside as the light outside the delivery room turned green. 

 

 

----

 

 

Tiffany was sure she would yell at her secretary for banging the door endlessly. She still has a document to read over and that banging just would not stop. Can everyone give her a minute of silence?!

 

 

"Why do--" She stopped as she saw a red-faced Jessica in front of her. Oh. So it was not her secretary who was knocking. But then again, Jessica could just pry open the door or bag it open when it needed be. "What's wrong honey?"

 

 

"Don't start with 'what's wrong,' why did it take you forever to open the goddamn door!" Jessica blurted. 

 

 

"Well you could open it anyways," Tiffany answered back. Her wife seemed to be in a bad mood, huh. "What do you need?"

 

 

"You're going with me." Jessica ordered as she grabbed Tiffany by the wrist.

 

 

"Whoah tiger, you know I need to finish other files. Can that wait?" Tiffany said as she tired to hold her ground. Well, not really, Jessica managed to drag her ten steps away from her office door. 

 

 

"Baby Eunbi couldn't wait for tomorrow you workaholic grandma!" Jessica glared as she continued dragging her wife towards the elevator. "Sinb's laboring right now!"

 

 

Tiffany froze. Baby Eunbi? Sinb at the hospital? Does that mean she will be a grandmother? Why so sudden?! "I-I thought she's due next week?" 

 

 

Jessica was losing it. "Shut the question Hwang. You'll come with me whether you like or you like it."

 

 

----

 

 

12:54 a.m.

 

 

"Where's Sinb and Yerin?" Jessica asked Eunha while panting. The couple managed to get through traffic by borrowing their security's motorbike. Good thing Tiffany knew how to drive that bad baby. 

 

 

"Still inside," Eunha informed. Sowon gave her seat to Jessica and Umji motioned for Tiffany to take hers too. "It's been two hours already." 

 

 

"Try to relax guys," Yuju chirped while handling out some sodas to the panting couple. She took Umji's side and gave her girlfriend a bag of chips. "Sinb's a tough cookie. Baby Eunbi will be delivered in no time!"

 

 

Umji tried to stifle her laugh while Eunha and the couple raised their eyebrows. Yuju, sure, was weird. Even her words seemed to cooperate with her weirdness. 

 

 

"We know Yuju," Sowon answered back. "But don't say it like Sinb's a child-making machine!" 

 

 

"Oh, isn't she?" Yuju tried to innocently ask. "I got the impression that she'll be one after this." 

 

 

----

 

 

Yerin was worried Sinb could not carry the weight of having a normal labor. "Could she use anesthesia? She's in too so much pain right now." She told Dr. Bae. 

 

 

"She could do it, we don't see anything that she might need getting anesthesia for." Dr. Bae informed her. "And stop saying that, Seulgi might hear you and whack your head again." 

 

 

Yerin sighed as she looked at the sweaty face of her girlfriend. Dr. Kang instructed Dr. Bae to hold off Yerin from getting near Sinb so she could perform her medical task accordingly without hindrance. Yerin tried so hard to keep her feet grounded to where she was but seeing Sinb wincing in pain as Dr. kang urged her to push more, she wanted to rush at Sinb's side and maybe wish that she was the one laboring. 

 

 

She just could not stand seeing her girlfriend in pain.

 

 

And while Yerin was silently keeping her cusses inside her head, Sinb badly wanted to strangle Dr. Kang from ordering her to push more. Freaking lightning bolts! Does Suelgi know how painful it was to push more?! 

 

 

"C'mon Hwang! I need you to push more!" Dr. Kang instructed. "Don't be such a lazy wuss!" 

 

 

What?!

 

 

"Don't you dare call me a lazy wuss!" Sinb shouted back in between her breaths. Freak. "I'm pushing hell right now!"

 

 

Why oh why did Yerin got her pregnant?! If only she did not grind that sinful... ugh! 

 

 

"Then you're not pushing strong enough!" Dr. Kang glared back. "Feel free to shout when you push! Don't try to act cool when Yerin's looking at you!"

 

 

Damn this doctor!

 

 

Sinb's cheek suddenly became pink out of embarrassment. The freak's wrong with Seulgi?! She does not need to say that! 

 

 

"Make this stop already!" Sinb said as she continued to push harder. She noticed that everytime she would push, she was only relieving pain after pain. It would not subside. And the worst part was, she felt like dying but she was not. She was only going circles but pain was still there. 

 

 

"I could see her," Dr. Kang said gently. "Try to push more Sinb." 

 

 

"It hurts..." Sinb's voice faltering. Could she push more? 

 

 

"Don't try to make me say this Sinb," Dr. Kang's voice went back to threatening. "But you're such a lazy wussy with all the push you're giving! Jessica pushed you three times and out you came! C'mon! Push harder !"

 

 

What the freak?! 

 

 

"Who are you calling a ?!" Sinb shouted angrily. "Just wait 'til I gave birth and I'll kill you!"

 

 

"Oh yeah?!" Dr. Kang challenged. "I don't think you can with the soft pushed you're giving!" 

 

 

Why thi---!

 

 

Sinb's eyes darkened as she felt every word that Dr. Kang has insulted her with. She's not a wuss, nor was she weak. If Jessica gave birth to her in three pushes, she could push Eunbi in one big push! She just need to collect herself. 

 

 

There's no way her mother could beat her at that!

 

 

Alright, Sinb. Screw this doubt and push!

 

 

She close her eyes and screamed while she pushed. Yerin could not take it any longer that she yanked her arm that Dr. Bae was holding and rushed to get to Sinb's side. And as if on automatic, Sinb's hand went to hold Yerin's and she felt her cute reckless being tightening her hold on her. 

 

 

"I'm with you," Yerin whispered to her ear. "We can do it."

 

 

Taking Yerin's word as encouragement, she went to push all that she might. Her walls felt like ripping apart, her womb continued to constrict and contract, the feeling of dying was there again--but she does not care this time. She replaced her thoughts of wanting to see her Eunbi, their Eunbi. 

 

 

"Just a push, Bi." Yerin continued telling her. "We're going to see Eunbi now." 

 

 

----

 

 

"Why are taking so long?!" Jessica blurted that surprised everyone. She was not used to wait. No, Jung Jessica never waits for anyone! 

 

 

"Sinb's not like you Jess," Tiffany comforted her. "But she's going to give birth to baby Eunbi." 

 

 

"What do you mean she's not like her?" Yuju curiously asked. She felt Umji pinched her thigh, but she asked anyways. 

 

 

The soon-to-be grandmothers looked at the redhead and Tiffany chuckled. "Well Jess gave birth to Eunbi in no time, Yuju. A world record to beat." 

 

 

Yuju's eyes sparkled at what she heard. Sowon was sure something went inside the weirdo's head to look like a fool that she face palmed. Please, don't make my hunch right, Sowon told herself.

 

 

"So Jessica's the baby-making machine," Yuju said in wonder. Umji's eyes widened at what her girlfriend blurted. Did she just say that in front of Jessica?!

 

 

Sowon shook her head. She was right. Yuju did think of that. 

 

 

----

 

 

"The baby's here..." Dr. Kang announced as she gave the still-bloodied baby Eunbi into Sinb's arms. 

 

 

Sinb's eyes were blurry after those freaking pushes she made. She was out of breath and her energy was depleted. She just survived a laborious birth giving, but when she saw Eunbi crying against her arms, she knew the pain she went through was all worth it. 

 

 

"She looks like you," Sinb muttered as she examined Eunbi's face. Eunbi shared Yerin's eyes--the doe eyes. The only thing that resembles her with her child was the lips. Everything other than that, was Yerin's. "a mini-Yerin."

 

 

Yerin chuckled at what she heard. "No, Bi. She's Eunbi and she looked like the both of us. I got myself a baby demigod here!" She exclaimed that the exiting nurses laughed. 

 

 

Dr. Bae went near them and congratulated Sinb. "It was so nice to see that you're a mother now, Sinb. Both of you are." Then she went to Dr. Kang and pinched her ear. "And you Gi, why do you have to shout like that?! You're really something!" 

 

 

"But you loved me anyways," Dr. Kang teased. "right, Irene?" 

 

 

Dr. Bae shrugged the tease and led her girlfriend outside to tell the news. They gave a minute for the newly mothers to celebrate all by themselves. 

 

 

"Why did you have to say that?" Sinb told Yerin. 

 

 

"The what? That Eunbi's a demigod?" Yerin asked, a smile plastered on her face. "You're a goddess yourself, Bi. For me, you are. And now I got another goddess." 

 

 

Sinb's cheeks tinted pink as she heard Yerin. Then she felt Yerin's arm enveloping her as she held their child. Oh, she missed this feeling. Yerin avoided her for two weeks, thank goodness she could feel Yerin's touch once again. 

 

 

Sinb was lowkey wanting it. 

 

 

"I missed you, Yerin." Sinb whispered. Yerin just hummed as an answer as she was still busy looking at her baby. "Can I have a reward?"

 

 

Yerin diverted her gaze to their baby and looked at Sinb. Oh girl. How could Sinb still look beautiful and ethereal like she did not went through labor? She's Aphrodite's daughter indeed. 

 

 

Yerin brushed away the stray hairs covering Sinb's face. "What is it?" 

 

 

"Come closer," Sinb whispered like she was about to say something. Yerin came closer to her but she urged her more. "closer, Yerin. Closer." 

 

 

And so Yerin came close until she could feel Sinb's breaths against her skin. Yerin does not know why, but her skin tingles when Sinb's lips brushed against her cheek. And maybe all the more when she heard Sinb said her name. 

 

 

"Can I have a kiss?" Sinb asked. 

 

 

Yerin leaned away and looked at her. Sinb want to kiss? How could you such a fool Yerin! "Maybe Umji was right. I should've just asked you and not avoided you." 

 

 

"What do you mean?" Sinb asked. She could her strength giving her away, giving birth sure was tiresome. 

 

 

"I want to kiss too. For the past two weeks, I mean." Yerin sheepishly said. So lame Yerin, so lame, she said to herself. "I just couldn't say it to you since you're tired almost everyday." 

 

 

Sinb smiled. So that was the reason. Her girlfriend was too adorably childish. But Sinb liked it anyways. She would always like her girlfriend's antics. "Then kiss me now, Yerin. Don't hesitate anymore." 

 

 

So Yerin leaned in and gave a sweet kiss to Sinb. "Congratulations, Sinb." 

 

 

"Yeah," Sinb answered back. "Happy Valentine's Yerin."

 

 

-oo0oo-

(34) Worth Of All Everything

 

-oo0oo- 

Now that I've posted this, I'm off to make the oneshot I promised. :))) 

Hope eveyone have a nice day ahead! One last chapter to go :))

 

Take care people! Ciao!