(6) Coincidental Meeting?

Unexpected

(6) Coincidental Meeting?

 

"So what are you planning now?" Yuju asked. Sinb has just finished telling her everything that happened and Yuju was surprisingly calm all throughout the Sinb escapade. Maybe she was expecting it? Sinb does not know, but one thing's for sure, there are a lot of things going on inside that brain of Yuju. After all, Yuju told her that she thinks in advance. "How will you let the director know about this?"


Oh freak. 


Sinb ran a hand through her hair as if it would ease the growing anxiety she was having. She just freaking got herself pregnant; was impregnated by someone she does not have any name of; and she knew her other mother is going to kill her (since the other, she knew, would be very supportive and wants to have a grandchild already). 


Geez, what a terrible, terrible life she has. 


"I can't let mom know about this," Sinb tried to remain calm as she placed the PT over the table. But how the heck can she?! "Not when I haven't seen that freaking cute being who made me into this!"

 
Wait, did I just say she's freaking cute?


Yuju laughed at her friend for beng too obvious. Obvious that Sinb really liked what she and the other woman did that night. Freaking cute huh? Oh Sinb. So there was someone who could make her friend go submissive. My, my, her friend's getting weak-willed slowly. 


Sinb glared at her bestfriend for laughing at her misfortune. "Thanks for the laugh huh, you're being a very supportive friend."


Oh why did she have to be the one carrying a baby? Try as she might to remember what happened to them, she could not put a finger on when did she let herself be on the receiveing end. She was supposed to be the dominant one! Hell, being submissive was nowhere in her vocabulary. Just how did that innocent looking woman be that aggressive? Just how?


If it was the other way around, she thought it could be easy for her. She will just take responsibility by shouldering all expenses and needs of the child. She does not really need to be in a relationship to foster a child, and she was sure the other party would not even want either. Plus her mother would not know anything about this. But darn! It was the other way around! Her mother would eventually know it since her tummy would freaking grow. 


"Yah! I told you to stop laughing!" Sinb whined as she slapped Yuju's shoulder. "Just help me out here will you?"


Yuju stopped herself when Sinb whined at her, not because she was afraid to get glared by the cold princess, but because it was her first time to see her friend acting cute while whining. Whoah, if this is what pregnancy can bring to Sinb, Yuju silently wished Sinb could be pregnant forever. If ever that was possible. She's really weird. 


"Of course, of course. But first, how do we find that freaking cute being?"


"She's not cute! Stop calling her that," Sinb complained. 


"But you just told me she's a freaking cute being," Yuju reasoned out. Dealing with a pregnant woman sure was more weirder, Yuju thought. "Or perhaps..."


Sinb raised a brow while waiting for the other to continue but it seemed Yuju would not finish her sentence. And Sinb does not want to be left hanging. "Or perhaps what, my weird-advance-thinking-friend?"


"You're being possessive?" Yuju teased. 


Sinb's eyes widen at the thought. "N-no I'm not!" 


"Why the stutter and red face then Sinb?" The redhead teased more. "Don't worry, she's all yours. If I know, you're planning to have a marriage soon with that woman."


Can someone remind me how I became friends with this weirdo?


"There's no way I would marry someone I met on a first time basis you dork!" Sinb complained. It took her two years before she was sure to marry Eunseo. There was no way she would marry someone she just met. Heck, she does not even know who it was. "I don't even know where to find her and I'm half resolved that if I can't find her the--"


"You don't dare try to do that!" Yuju interrupted Sinb with a whack on the latter's head before Sinb could finish her sentence. "Raise the child alone if you can't see her!"


"What?" Sinb asked while caressing her head from the impact. So much for being an advanced thinker Yuju was. "What were you even thinking?! Of course not. I have the means to raise this child alone. I just don't want her to not know who her other mother could be."


"Oh good thing," Yuju sighed in relief. "I thought you're planning on aborting it."


"I would not do that to my own flesh Yuju," Sinb assured her friend. She might be cold to other people but she does not have a heart to kill. "Shame on me and my family if I do that, okay?"


But despite all that Sinb could no help but to have this mixed feelings for the one who put her into this kind of situation right now. She does not know if she was angry or not at the woman. Sinb ran a hand through her hair again, trying to remember that woman's face. 


It's all because of you, you cute reckless being!

 

----

 

"It's a negative?" Umji questioned the box-shaped PT she was holding. There was only one line that registered on the small device. She then looked at her partner whose face was unreadable. Umji does not quite understand why it registered a negative when Yerin was experiencing symptoms of a pregnant woman. 


Or were they wrong? 


Umji decided they should not rely on one PT alone. "Let's try it again unnie."


Yerin whose face was unreadable the whole time Umji took hold of the PT, became wide-eyed. Why would she attempt to take another? Did the result say she was not pregnant? "No, I don't want anymore. If it's a negative then I'm not really pregnant, aren't I?"


"Yeah, but we know that there is a percentage in PTs where they don't give correct results," Umji clarified. "It might be a defective PT you bought. C'mon, let's try another."


"But I just peed!" 


"I know that," Umji said while opening the fridge and placed a pitcher of water over the table. They were still at the flowershop since Yerin does not want to try it at home. After knowing everything that happened to her partner, they immediately tried the PT Yerin bought for herself. But somehow, Umji was not saisfied with the result. "So drink this and when you're feeling the call of nature, try these two PTs left. Okay?"


"Wait, I only remember buying one," Yerin said while looking at the PTs Umji gave her. They were not those cutesy box-shaped ones, but rather something similar to a digital thermometer. "When did you buy these?"


"Oh shush, I have my means unnie," Umji said dismissing Yerin's inquiry on how she got those.

 

----

 

"So what did it read?" Umji asked anticipating for the 'positive' result. She looked at Yerin who just came out of the bathroom with...wait? Was that a displeased look on her face? So was it a positive then?


Yerin gave Umji the PTs and she read the results.


It read...negative.


But why does Yerin-unnie seemed so dissapointed?


"Should you be celebrating unnie?" Umji asked while studying Yerin's face. She does not understand why Yerin was looking so down. Oh! Was she expecting it to be positive? "Unnie, don't tell me..."


Yerin just shrugged whatever Umji wanted to say. She does not even understand herself. She should be feeling at peace, now that she knew there was nothing she should worry telling her sister about. Now her little stint of a one night stand will remain her and Umji's secret. But why is she feeling down?

 

Umji took hold of Yerin's hand. "I'm sorry, I didn't know you badly wanted to be a mother so much."


Huh?
Where the hell did it come from? 


"Wait, Umji. You don't understand," Yerin started. Why do people jump into conclusions nowadays? "It's not that I badly wanted to be a mother, heck I know I'm not ready to be one yet. It's just that... I don't know why I'm feeling like this. I don't know why I'm so down plus the things that has been happening to me. It makes no sense  if I'm not pregnant."


Umji listened attentively to Yerin. Then she remembered reading something from an article about pregnancy symptoms. "Actually unnie, I'm still doubtful about the results. But if you're not really pregnant and yet you're feeling the symptoms of one's that pregnant, then maybe you're only sharing your supposed-to-partner's symptoms."


Yerin stopped breathing for a moment. Did she heard it right? Oh no.


"Y-you mean to s-say, I got that woman pregnant?!"


Umji nodded. 


Oh. My. God. I got Aphrodite's daughter pregnant?! I think I'm going to pass out.

 

----

 

"Hello?" Sinb said to the other line. "May I speak with Dr. Kang? Oh, she's on leave? When will she be back? On the 23rd? Okay, thank you." 


"Going to see a doctor?" Yuju asked as she soon as she entered the office and heard Sinb wanting to meet Dr. Kang.


Sinb ended the call and went to her table to finish what she has been neglecting the past weeks. "Yeah, and maybe some tips on how to handle a baby 101?" She remarked. 


She feels so hopeless.


Sinb hates her life. She hated the moment she knew about the PTs results. Having to vomit every now and then, suddenly feeling dizzy, getting tired so easily, and having extreme mood swings were enough to trouble her everyday. But not only that, she has freaking tons of work to do plus the worry of having her mom know about it and how would she look for a certain woman who made her pregnant. 


Just how did her life get so miserable in a span of two weeks?


 Yuju smiled and put an arm around Sinb's shoulders. "Don't worry mommy Sinb, Yujurgini's to the rescue!"


"Will you stop calling me mommy? Someone might hear you!" Sinb complained. No one should know that she was pregnant. Hell, all would break loose once word of her being pregnant reaches their director, her mother.


"But we're in your office and I closed the door behind me so one could hear it," Yuju said simply. "And I'm helping you."


"And in what way?" Sinb asked with a raised brow. "If I remember correctly, all you did to me was practically reminding me of being pregnant. Even without the results of that damned PT, you already were placing a finger on me being pregnant."


"But this time would be different," Yuju said as she gave Sinb a movie ticket. "I will help you try to forget at least being a mother for now! Let's go on a movie next week!"


Sinb looked at the movie. "But Yuju, I plan to meet Dr. Kang on the 23rd and this movie is on the same day."


"Then we'll go after the movie!" Yuju said excitedly as she would soon watch her favorite show on the silver screen.

----

 

"Oh. My. God." Yerin said with so must distaste in every word she let out. She intentionally did that so she could be heard. "You could've taken my sister into her room and do the lover's play there. Not in my living room."


Sowon and Eunha were in the middle of... well, we know that and clearly Eunha was not amused since she was interrupted. She got out from Sowon's arms and went to glare at her older sister, not minding to cover her bare chest for Yerin to see. "This is not only yours, Yerin-unnie."


"I know," Yerin said as she dropped her bag beside the couch were the couple was making out. Then she propped herself on the floor and took out her laptop, placed it over the coffee table, and got her pens ready. "But you know that at this hour, I'm usually the one's occupying it. So do it in your room."


Sowon chuckled as she saw Eunha puffed. She was way too cute for Sowon to handle. "Let's go Eunha, Yerin might disturb us more."


Eh? Yerin looked at the giant giraffe, still on the couch. "You two were the ones disturbing my peace!"


"Aww, really?" Sowon teased as she got up from the couch. "Maybe you're like that since it has been weeks since you got laid."


Yerin's face became beet red at the mention of it. Not because it's true (Yerin does want to get laid sometimes too... maybe too often?), but because of that certain night she had with whom she now refers to as Aphrodite's daughter.


"Eyy, looks like I hit the bullseye." Sowon added as she and Eunha were going upstairs.


"I'm not!" Yerin fumed as she throwed the closest couch pillow she could find at Sowon. Oh geez, she was so red right now. "Will you just leave me here?"


Oh gosh, why does she need to blush hard like that? It was not like she has a crush on that woman. Hell no she could be attracted to someone who violated her! 


"Unnie!" Eunha called. 


"What?" Yerin asked with hands on her cheeks as if to suppress it for turning red. 


"Let's go unwind sometimes. I have four movie tickets with me," Eunha invited. 


"When could we watch so I could invite Umji too?" 


"Next week, on the 23rd."

 

----

 

{On that fateful day}

 

"What a boring movie," Sinb commented as she continued to eat her popcorn. They were watching Mamma Mia and was not the slightest bit interested in it. She prefers Step Up movies rather some musicals. "I shouldn't have come here." 


"Shhh," Yuju quieted her down. "It's getting interesting."


Sinb rolled her eyes. Of course, Yuju was into singing and this is the type of movie she would get giddy and happy about. Oh why did she agreed to watch this movie?
"There's nothing in this movie but singing!" Sinb hissed albeit in a whisper tone so that only Yuju could hear her. 


Yuju glared back at her. "You don't insult this piece of art, you preggy mommy!" she hissed back. 


Sinb was wide-eyed at what her friend just called her. What the freak?! "You... ugh! I rest my case. I'll go to the restroom."


----

 

{On that fateful day}

 

Yerin sighed once more as the characters went into singing mode again. Why were they watching musicals again? Ah right, because Eunha got some tickets. She turned to her right and saw the lovebirds immersed in what they were watching. 


Eunha was into singing. It was her talent. Of course, this kind of movie was just perfect for her.


Sowon, she knew the woman was not interested in these kinds of films. But somehow, Sowon managed to enjoy the movie. Yerin could not pinpoint if it was because she was with her Eunha or because the protagonist's mother have three other women in her life. She was just not sure.

 
She looked to her left and saw her partner's eyes just sparkles whenever the characters are singing. Oh yeah, Umji was obsessed with these kinds of movies as well. Of course she would enjoy this one.


So she was the only one who finds the movie boring after all. She sighed. "I'll just go to the restroom." 

 

----

 

Yerin went inside the restroom and went to watch herself in the mirror. She sure lost some pounds after that break-up huh? She thought as she checked her cheeks. They were still puffy looking and she would still look cute though it was not like before. Not like when Joy was with her. 


Oh shoot. She remembered her again. Just how many times would she scold herself for letting her think about that cheating woman. For Pete's sake, she should get angry at what Joy did to her. But it seemed she could not. 


She was angry when it comes to women cheating their girlfriends, that she knew, but not with Joy. Just not with Joy. 


Yerin heaved a sigh and then she heard someone talking. 


"No! I don't want to get back with you!"


Yerin looked for the voice and found one cubicle taken. Oh so this was were the sound came from. 


"Those are still excuses. I'm not going to listen to them anymore. And please stop calling me!"


That voice seemed familiar. 


Yerin turned to the mirror and thought on where she had heard the voice. Just then, the cubicle door opened and Yerin turned to see who was behind that cubicle. Her eyes widened in surprise.


She...she was that pink-haired woman she had with. That gorgeous and cool woman that night. Aphrodite's daughter. Did she still recognize her?


Yerin was pretty sure that the woman was as surprised as her, because she stopped walking out midway and froze.  


And after many seconds, both blinked and was finally able to say, "You-you're that cute reckless being!" and "Aphrodite's daughter?" together.


Eh?

 

-oo0oo-

(7) A Run for Reconfirmation