Committed Relationship

Unexpected

(35) Committed Relationship

 

"Good morning Ms. Businesswoman," Yuju chirped to her girlfriend as she closed the shop's door behind her. She was holding a little card on her hand and RayBans on another. "Finished already?"

 

Umji, whose back was facing Yuju's, turned to meet the redhead. Her face was unusually blooming today as she tried a new brand of make-up. "Yes, just one last instruction before I leave the shop." 

 

"Okay, I'll just wait at outside." 

 

Once Umji was finished with her last minute instructions to their newly hired staff, she immediately grabbed her purse, made sure the keys to appropriate doors and closets were hung, and stormed outside the shop. But was a surprise for her to see Yuju's motorbike in front. Was Yuju really serious?! 

 

"What's with the look?" Yuju asked innocently while revving up the engine. "C'mon, hop on now. We don't want to be late." 

 

"You're serious about going to that place with that?" Umji said. So that was why Yuju told her to not bring so much for the trip. She would not be using the pick-up. 

 

'Eh?' Yuju's brain registered. The redhead looked at her lovable bike named Whitney. And when she found nothing to be scared and worried for, she looked up to her questioning girlfriend. "There's nothing wrong with Whitney honey. She just came back from the repair shop and she never let us down, right?" 

 

Umji was speechless. That was not what she meant! Geez... "I know she could travel long distances, Yuju. I was asking if we're really going with that.

 

She could see Yuju blinking in front of her. "Nevermind, let's just get going with Whitney." She hopped at the back and started lacing her arms around the redhead. 

 

 

----

 

"Yerin?" Sinb called out to her wife. She just came back from hell, meaning her work, and was looking for possible signs of life inside the house. She was used to Yerin waiting for her to get home, but with the time she arrived, Sinb was just guessing if the brunette was still awake. 

 

She dropped her Gucci bag at the couch and propped herself on it. She was so tired. Jessica did not even gave her a break. Like, c'mon! She's not some superhero! 

 

She massaged her temples while resting her head on the couch frame. She did not even mind opening the lights for what could be the use? Her eyes were tired from working with Yuju's laptop that she had to borrow. Why of all days did her computer decided to shut down when she was cramming to finish a report?! 

 

Just then, she saw a faint light from the second floor of the house. Was Yerin still awake? 

 

"Sinb?" 

 

Sinb heard her name and she was delighted to hear Yerin's voice. She could not describe how it is, but whenever she hears it, she feels calm. How could a doctor describe it?

 

She decided not to answer and instead just gave a low hum. Her eyes were still closed and she was not expecting Yerin to go near her. She knew Yerin would be heading straight to the kitchen, grab herself some ice cream and eats it. 

 

But she felt something warm touched her forehead. What was it? And slowly she opened her eyes to see Yerin checking her temperature. "What's up?" Sinb greeted lifelessly. 

 

"You don't have a fever, but I think you'll going to get it." Yerin simply stated. Then she withdrew her hand and headed towards the kitchen. 

 

Actually, Sinb was expecting more interaction. Ever since they had Eunbi, their schedules don't always meet up, especially hers when she had to work double time to catch with the heavy workload. And when they do have some alone time, they would try to catch up. But responsibilities as mothers would always hinder that. 

 

Sinb was lost in her own little world of well-wishing when she felt something sat beside her. She gave another low hum and she heard that familiar chuckle. "What?"

 

"My, Aphrodite's daughter was so tired all day. Here take this to help you rest." Yerin said as she gave Sinb an Ibuprofen. Sinb slowly and sloppily slid the medication and drank her water. Yerin could only stare at her girlfriend. Even the darkness could not compete on how Yerin's vision would only lock at Aphrodite's daughter. 

 

After taking, Sinb tried to blink her tired eyes and looked at Yerin. "You like what you're seeing?" 

 

Yerin could only nod and smile as she saw Sinb rolled her eyes. "Well you look stunning in whatever situations, Bi." 

 

Sinb rested her head to her original position awhile ago, only now facing her girlfriend. " Really? With these eyebags and haggard look?" Her voice with a hint of apprehension in it.

 

Yerin chuckled. It was her first time to hear Sinb like that. So Aphrodite's daughter could get insecure about her looks too? Oh mama. 

 

"What's so funny?" Sinb frowned. "I knew it, that was only a pleasantry. Ahh... I think my headache's going to get worse, aish really." She was even imitating a famous comedian's face while complaining.

 

Yerin chuckled more but she held Sinb's face from facing the other side. "I was just surprised that after all this time, you could still get insecure about the littlest of things. Of course you're stunning!"

 

"But you don't mean it." Sinb said flatly. 

 

"Of course I mean it!" Yerin said as she scooted closer to Sinb. She rested her head over Sinb shoulder while her fingers running circles on Sinb's stomach. "You're beautiful even with the eyebags or haggard look combined. And even if that time comes that beauty could no longer hold our faces, I'll still be awed looking at you."

 

Sinb could not deny that she blushed at that. Thank the heavens she did not bother opening the lights! 

 

It seemed Yerin always knew what to say. No, scratch that, Yerin always knew what to say.  

 

Silence enveloped the both of them. Sinb looking at the ceiling and letting Yerin touch her. Yerin's eyes were closed as she was humming a familiar tune Sinb often hears whenever she could still catch the other woman making Eunbi sleep. Neither the both of them knew of the time that passed. All they knew was that their tired bodies found the long lost comfort that was taken away from them.

 

What could that be? Nothing sounds much better than sleeping beside each other, right?

 

 

----

 

 

"I never knew you would look good in that dress!" Nayoung greeted Sojung as the now blonde woman gave a cheeky smile at the compliment. They haven't seen each other since the woman gave birth. But look how time flies! 

 

"Of course, I would look good in anything," Sowon rolled her eyes as a joke. Nayoung laughed heartily while watching how Sowon brushed off her hair over her shoulders. "I'm a freaking model sent from the heavens." 

 

"Uh-uh ladies, excuse me!" Joy butted in between the two ladies. "Supermodel coming right through!" 

 

Sowon's eyes widened at what she heard while Nayoung and their other friends started to laugh. Did she just insulted her?! 

 

Joy turned her back to look at the shocked blonde woman and started laughing too. "That was a good one eh?" 

 

Sowon rolled her eyes and frowned for a second. Then after a good three seconds projecting like she did not want the tease, started to laugh. 

 

"Looks like everyone was having fun," Eunha greeted the happy party. She was wearing her own version of a long dress with the upper body ornamented with lace. "It's good to see you here Joy. Finally!" 

 

Eunha went to kiss Nayoung's cheek and went to kiss Joy's too. It has been a while since they have all met. What a good time to meet. And what a time for Sinb to invite Joy. 

 

"Since when did you came back?" Eunha asked Joy.

 

Joy pursed her lips as she tried to remember. Then she gave a wink to the short girl. "I just came yesterday. I thought I couldn't make it, but Yerin insisted. She told me she's going to whack my head off if I can't make it here." 

 

"Yerin threatened you?" Sejeong butted in the conversation. "My, I never knew Yerin could be such gal." 

 

They are having a good time laughing and catching up with one another when Eunha realized Sowon was not even listening to them. She went near her girlfriend and gave a quick peck on the cheek to pop Sowon's bubble of thought. "What's wrong?" 

 

Sowon just stared at her but then smiled when she saw Eunha pout. "Nothing, I was just caught off guard when you came in that archway with that dress." 

 

Eunha blushed. 

 

"I never knew lace could be so good on you." Sowon stated as she placed both her hands on Eunha's waist. "I couldn't wait for this day to be over." 

 

"Why? Wait, you're thinking something weird again!" Eunha cutely said. Like she would ever hate what could go inside the make-out machine. 

 

Sowon chuckled then kissed Eunha's crown. "I was just thinking of driving you around this countryside. Looking for this place got me and Yuju into a lot of trouble you know that? But the scenery was worth the tires exploding." 

 

"What? Why didn't you share that side of the story with me?" Eunha asked. "I only got to know Yuju's story that her bike lost her brakes."

 

"I plan on telling you when I take you for a drive later on." Sowon said then gave a suggestive wink on her partner. 

 

 

----

 

  

"C'me here baby, you can do it!" Sinb encouragingly said to Eunbi. Sinb was kneeling to floor of their living room waiting for Eunbi to walk towards her. Yerin tried to steady Eunbi and slowly let her hold on their golden baby.

 

Eunbi looked back innocently to Yerin. Maybe asking why do she have to go to Sinb when her mother could just carry her. Yerin just patted Eunbi's head and pointed towards Sinb's direction. 

 

"Go to Sinb mommy," Yerin told her. "She has your milk bottle.. C'mon baby!" 

 

Eunbi then faced Sinb's direction and started to lift her up to walk towards Aphrodite's daughter. 

 

It was like a slow motion for Sinb and Yerin. Sinb, waiting for Eunbi to take her very first step and Yerin holding the camera to capture the moment. Sinb swore that there was a new feeling inside her while anticipating that first step Eunbi was close to making. 

 

Is this what they call the motherly proud feeling? 

 

Sinb was sure feeling it. 

 

But then Eunbi stumbled and fell flat on her bum. There was a second of silence before Eunbi kicked her little foot with another, maybe from the annoyance? Sinb and Yerin laughed at the little tantrum their baby made. Sinb rushed to get to Eunbi, carrying her in her arms, all while laughing at what Eunbi did. Yerin was about to put down her camera but then decided to capture the Sinb-Eunbi moment. 

 

Yerin smiled while looking at her favorite persons in her life. She suddenly felt warm. She wanted a family like this. It was like hers and Eunha when they were with their lovely parents before that tragedy. She long wanted a family like this. 

 

And she was lucky, Sinb and Eunbi came into her life. 

 

 

----

 

 

"Auntie Wonwon," Eunbi called out to her Aunt Sowon, little fingers tugging her dress. Sowon looked down and saw Eunbi scratching her eye that the blonde woman stooped to reach for Yerin's little star. "My eyes hurt with all those powder!" 

 

"Aww," Sowon purred. "C'me here, let Auntie blow the dirt away." 

 

"There you are!" Eunha said while getting near them. "I said don't run away do fast. Auntie Eun couldn't keep up with you." 

 

Once the dirt got taken care of by Sowon, Eunbi turned her back and went to Eunha, arms raised so that her Auntie Eun could carry her. "I'm tiiweed..." Said Eunbi while yawning. Eunha could only smile at the little brat and carried her in her arms. 

 

"Ooh, you've gotten much heavier than the last time," Eunha remarked. Eunbi immediately leaned away and pouted at her aunt. "Your mothers must have overly fed you with milk huh?"

 

"I'm not heavy!" Eunbi said in denial. But her aunties just laughed at her. 

 

Suddenly another pair of arms patted her small head and when she turned around, she saw her Auntie Umji and Auntie Weird (She got her from her momma). Both cooed her and she was happy to play with them too. 

 

"Where's Sinb?" Sowon asked Yuju. "She should be here by now." 

 

"Chill," Yuju answered back. "She's already being taken care of. If anything could go wrong, blame it on Sinb's pesky attitude. That woman really could make your head ache."

 

"What did she do this time?" Eunha asked after she gave Eunbi to Umji. Umji then took Eunbi to the rented play place for kids. 

 

"Oh you know, Chief's was so nervous we had to literally drag her out of the hotel. She even told us she needed to see Yerin first before leaving." Yuju complained. 

 

Sowon laughed upon knowing that pathetic side of Sinb. "I never knew that brat could get nervous at her own day." 

 

"Me either." Eunha said while the trio sharing a moment of laughter.

 

 

----

 

 

It was a Sunday afternoon and Yerin noticed that Sinb was overly nervous that day. What could be the matter? She watched Sinb slumped at the kitchen counter with hands on her cheeks. 

 

"What's the matter now, Bi?" Yerin asked. 

 

"Nothing." 

 

"You wouldn't be slumped in this place with hands like that if that's nothing," Yerin emphasized. "I knew long enough that there's something behind that gesture of yours."

 

"Well...." Sinb trailed off when she saw Eunbi peeking at them from the staircase. "Eunbi's watching." 

 

Yerin turned her back and gestured for Eunbi to come which their golden baby did. She carried and placed Eunbi on her lap and then continued to wait for Sinb. "Well?" 

 

 

"Nothing important." Sinb smiled and patted Eunbi's head. 

 

That got Yerin thinking. Something's wrong. She was sensing that something related to Eunbi was the reason of Sinb sulking like that. And she smiled when she thought of it. Yerin told Eunbi to play at her room an Eunbi was more eager to get out of her arms already. 

 

"Why did you do that?" Sinb asked. 

 

 

"You want some alone time?" Yerin dismissed Sinb's question. 

 

Sinb smiled. Yerin really knew her so well she does not need to say anything now. "I just want to have some time with you. I know this might seem pathetic that I'm competing with Eunbi for your attention but... I just want a kiss." 

 

Yerin chuckled. Really, her girlfriend was such a cutie. "You always have my attention, Bi. Just say if you want a kiss, I would readily give it to you." 

 

Sinb bit her lip. She wanted a kiss, but she also wanted something more besides that. Oh how could she even say it now?! Yerin could think she was some kind of ert! And no way she would ever admit that! 

 

Sinb was stuck in her dilemma. And while being stuck, she did not notice that Yerin was already standing at her back. She only realized it when Yerin kissed her exposed neck. "Wh-what are you doing?" 

 

Yerin smiled from the kiss. She enveloped her arms around Sinb's and chuckled lightly. "It's been a long time, baby." 

 

"Wh-what's been long?" Sinb nervously asked. Did Yerin knew what was running in her head? Oh lord...

 

But the gods seemed on Sinb's side that afternoon. 

 

Yerin slowly caressed her hair sideways and continued kissing her nape. Sinb could only close her eyes as she felt the long lost sensation of the kisses. Yerin's kisses then trailed from he nape to her shoulders. Her hand working to pull Aphrodite's daughter's sleeves for better access. 

 

Then Sinb suddenly pulled away from Yerin. "E-Eunbi might be watching this. We c-can't do this here." 

 

Yerin chuckled. "Aww, c'mon Bi. There's no way Eunbi could be seeing this." Yerin simply stated. 

 

What the hell?

 

"She was just here a while ago without you noticing. How could you know she could not see what we're doing?" 

 

"Then let's do it somewhere private." Yerin said suggestively. She suddenly carried Eunbi which made the latter shocked. And more shocked when they entered the bathroom. Oh no.  

 

"For freak's sake, we could do it in our room!" Sinb suggested as she was harshly put down by Yerin on the toilet. She saw Yerin locked the door behind her and she could feel her heartbeat racing. 

 

Oh. Freaking. Frog. Eggs. 

 

"Good thing I haven't eaten lunch yet," Yerin said huskily. "I'm getting my meal now."

 

 

----

 

 

Sinb could not believe her eyes. She was now in front of the altar, Jessica letting her arm go and Tiffany patting her back. Everyone's eyes was on her. So pure white really did suit her. She never imagined getting a white dress for a wedding as she always fantasize getting on a red one. 

 

But she was really not the center of attraction here. Though it was her day, it was a day for her wife. Her soon-to-be wife in a matter of minutes now. She planned this with all her friends including Yerin's without her girlfriend knowing anything. 

 

She was looking forward for the reaction her cute reckless being could be wearing right now. But she was never more surprised when she saw Yerin under the archway. 

 

Yerin was dressed in a baby yellow wedding gown. An attractive color for an attractive woman like her. Now all eyes diverted their gazes away from her and started ogling at Yerin. She could she Yerin was shocked and her cheeks tinted pink from all the attention. 

 

Memories from that night at the bar until now passed like flashes of light inside Sinb's mind. It was really a long way. But who would have thought that that one night stand could lead to something as this? 

 

Sinb could not thank the heavens more for meeting Yerin that day. Now she was sure Yeirn was someone she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. 

 

"What's this?" Yerin asked her when she got near Sinb. "I thought I was just trying on some wedding gowns." 

 

"And you did Yerin," Sinb commented. "And you look incredibly beautiful in that dress." 

 

She saw Yerin blushed at her compliment. Sinb smiled. She then gestured for Yerin to take her hand and she got out the ring herself. "You won't need this anymore, Mrs. Hwang." Sinb said. "Are you ready to be mine forever?" 

 

 

Yerin smiled and tightened her grip on Sinb's hand. "Always." 

 

 

-oo0oo-

I would really like to thank you all for taking time in reading this fic :) It has been a long while since I was able to write the last chapter, so many things just happened. But here we are! Finally they had a good ending, right?  

 

I know I still need to edit this. I'll go edit on this every once in a while. 

 

Once again, thank you guys for the reads, subscribes, comments, and upvotes. This story ends here. Ciao!