(17) Devil's Lair

Unexpected

(17) Devil's Lair

 

"Is Eunha really serious?!" Yerin said out of disbelief when she entered the green house full of flowers in bloom and would be ready for delivery. Baskets are stacked  and are also ready to be filled-up once Yerin started to cut the flowers. "She'll let me do all the work by myself?!"

 

Yerin was the legitimate owner of the flowershop. She owns the farmhouse. And yet Eunha was making her do the work without any help from her staffs! She should be in control here! That bunny would literally drive Yerin insane.

 

Sowon nodded as a response without looking at her shocked friend. She, too, was surprised to see the gazillion of flowers in full bloom and silently calculated in her mind just how many hours would Yerin finish the entire job. It would be impossible for Yerin to finish the job in a day, she thought. Eunha was sure ruthless. "Well, that's what you get for straightaway telling her you're going to be a mother." 

 

"What do you want me to tell her then?" Yerin challenged, still not moving from her place. "It was so sudden you know. Thank goodness, I still have the bravado to answer her. If you just knew how I'm out of wits last night."

 

"Oh c'mon, understand your overprotective sister's side. You know how hard it was for her to listen to you right? And when she was ready accepting that you and Sinb are together, you straightaway announced you're becoming a mother!" Sowon said. "Even I was shocked. It never went into my mind that you are a dominant being."

 

Yerin quirked an eyebrow. What does this make-out machine implying?! "So your point is?"

 

"Uhh, that your whole being screams of a freaking submissive?"

 

"Yah! I'm not!" Yerin argued back while hitting Sowon's shoulders. 

 

"Shut it! Ow!" Sowon said in distress as she shield herself away from Yerin's powerful slaps. "You should be happy, I was proven wrong!"

 

Just then the glass door opened and came Eunha with arms crossed to her chest. "When will you start unnie? You know time is gold." 

 

Yerin tensed as she saw Eunha. Holy cheeseballs! Why did she even have a sister like her? 

 

She stopped herself from hitting Sowon and went to where the baskets are. "Alright, alright, I'll start." She muttered. 

 

"You should be unnie,you only have a day before we start packing for the city," Eunha reminded her. 

 

----

 

"Sinb baby!" Jessica greeted when she went inside Sinb's house together with Tiffany. They wanted to visit their daughter before they go on a vacation. "Now where's that stubborn baby of yours?"

 

"Now she's my baby when she doesn't greet you," Tiffany blankly said. "My, Sinb got that side from yours." 

 

Jessica glared at her wife who was now putting their bags over the side table. Tiffany slumped her tired body from the ride they had on Sinb's red couch. Jessica, on the other hand went to cat-call for her daughter's presence. 

 

"Now where's that brat?!" Jessica irritatingly said when no one answered her cat calls. 

 

"Now she's a brat," Tiffany commented while opening a magazine to read. Her wife's really got no chill. "From a baby to a brat in less than a minute. We should make a petition for that honey on Guiness." 

 

"You're not being funny Tiff," Jessica answered her relaxed wife. "What if something bad happened to her?!" 

 

Tiffany heaved a sigh. Just what did her wife ate awhile ago? It feels like Jessica was running from caffeine. "You're being ridiculous Jess. It's a weekend, maybe Sinb's out on some clubs or somewhere fun. You know you're daughter's rarely home during these days." 

 

"B-but she never leaves the door open if she wasn't around!" Jessica argued. "I'll go look for her in the yard."

 

"Suit yourself darling," Tiffany answered. 

 

When Jessica was out in the yard and garage to look for the missing ice princess, Sinb came out from her room with sleepy eyes. She haven't had enough sleep from last night's activity. And she was all blaming it to Yuju and Umji. 

 

She was getting ready for bed after what she called an intensive thinking of Sinb's life 101 when her friend from Planet Weirdo came crashing her doorbell. She opened the door to see Yuju and Umji heavily drunk and both didn't even acknowledged her presence. They just went inside her house and Yuju practically her sound system to full volume and danced with Umji. 

 

Sinb was unbelievably shocked to check Yuju's truck parked recklessly in front of her house. She returned her focus on the two dancing off rythmn and just practically jumping and carelessly swinging their hips. She was dumbfounded at the two. Are they even on drugs?! 

 

When Sinb managed to park Yuju's car properly after pinching her friend's ear just to stop the latter from dancing and give the freaking car keys, she went straight to her living room. She unplugged her sound system and maybe shouted a thing or two at the duo who didn't seemed to mind that they were dancing without music. Sinb gave up then at that moment when the two are lost inside their own worlds and just stared and probably waited for them to go down their high. 

 

Never in Sinb's mind did she imagined having to babysit two drunken women and adults at that!

 

"Oh mom!" Sinb greeted her sassy mother, Tiffany. She went downstairs and hugged her mother. "Why didn't you called me that you're going here?" 

 

"Well Jess wanted to surprise you," Tiffany answered as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Your mother's looking for you at the yard." 

 

"Why would she even do that? I'm just inside the house," Sinb asked while looking at the back door across the kitchen. "Or maybe I was sleeping I didn't get to hear the cat-calling names?"

 

"I don't know if I should congratulate you on not hearing your mom's absurd nicknames or not." Tiffany remarked. She put down the magazine she was reading and signalled for Sinb to look for Jessica. "You don't want her scolding you again. And remind you, she's been jittery as soon as she went inside the house." 

 

Sinb was about to stand up when both of them heard Jessica's squeal when the latter saw Sinb beside Tiffany. "Sinb baby!" 

 

"I'm not a baby anymore mom," Sinb answered, practically whined about the 'baby' name. 

 

"You'll always going to be my baby!" Jessica purred as she hugged her daughter like she doesn't get to see her in the office. 

 

Sinb was squished inside her mother's tight embrace. She wanted to get out but getting out might cause her mom an outburst. And her ear could not just take a sermon right now. "Wharsh arsh thur two of mmmm," Sinb mumbled. 

 

"What did you say baby girl?" Jessica asked while still hugging her daughter. 

 

"I think, you may want to release Sinb, Jess. Not unless you want her to die of suffocation," Tiffany said while doing nothing but observing the cute scene in front of her. 

 

Jessica released her grip and looked expectantly to what her ice princess has to say. "What do you want to say baby?" 

 

"I'm just asking what are the two of you doing here aside from surprising me," Sinb said. "There's got to be something on why the both of you are here." 

 

Tiffany pouted. She likes it when her wife and daughter act so y when demanding something. Maybe she has a for those? "I told you, we want to surprise you and hello darling, we're your parents, are we not allowed to see our young independent moochie?" 

 

Moochie? 

 

The hell's with that name?! 

 

Sinb rolled her eyes. Her mothers are 360 degrees different when at work and that duality was driving her nuts. "C'mon guys, tell me what's the catch now." 

 

"Well..." Jessica started albeit being shy. Sinb raised an eyebrow. The spawn of Satan being shy could only mean one thing. 

 

"Oh no," Sinb interrupted the ice queen. "Don't tell me the two of you will go on vacation again and I'll be left with most of the work!" 

 

"Was that a question honey?" Tiffany asked carefully while looking at her infuriated daughter. "Because if not, we're not going to answer. Or maybe it doesn't matter since you hit the bullseye." 

 

What the effing freak of a frog! 

 

I knew it. "And how many days will you be gone?" She asked. Her parents being on vacation was something the employees wanted. Sinb can't blame them, their family was like the Addams. Just drop the 'weird' from it. Or maybe just a typical family of villains. 

 

Sinb can manage the workload Jessica will leave at the office everytime her mother would go on vacation. The director's work was just like hers, only with more accounts and numbers. What she can't handle was Tiffany's work because her primadonna mother was the Chairman of the company for pete's sake! 

 

Last time her parents went on vacation for a gratifying (in their employees' point of view) three weeks, everything in Sinb's life became a disaster. The workload was just too much for her and Yuju to handle, she  filed a month long leave from office because of fatigue. Sinb even has nightmares from those weeks. It was her definition of hell. 

 

"It would only be a week though," Jessica said. "And besides, your mother and I made sure you can handle this week's workload. We finished the more important ones." 

 

"Make sure Yuju and I can handle it," Sinb threathened as she snapped back to reality. "I don't want another trauma for a month." 

 

"Who told you that Yuju would help you?" Tiffany said while smiling as she looked at her wife. "Your mother hired a help for you. But if she declined it, then that's where Yuju comes to the rescue." 

 

Sinb was confused. Why need to hire a help when they already have employees who know the works inside the company? "And who would it be?" 

 

"That would be a surprise baby," Jessica answered knowingly. 

 

----

 

"Can my hands get a breather?!" Yerin conplained when Eunha checked on her and told her how slow she was cutting the stems. "I've been doing this for three hours already!"

 

"Yeah but you're not even half of the work!" Eunha reprimanded her. "Look at the other greenhouse, they're about to finish." 

 

Yerin straigthened her back and looked at her staffs wrapping up their work. She puffed. Drat! She could finish her work if only she has someone to help her with. But her evil sister...ugh! 

 

Eunha clapped her hands like that stepmother of Cinderella to grab her sister's attention. "C'mon, hurry! We still need to deliver those later!" 

 

Yerin flashed a glare at her sister but continued to do the work. She doesn't understand why Eunha became a pre-school teacher with that attitude. Were the children not afraid of this small yet evil bunny? Yerin could not help but feel pity to the children under Eunha's care. 

 

"How's work?" Sowon asked as she entered the greenhouse with a shake and burgers in hand. She was asking Yerin but decided to let Eunha answer her when she saw a dark aura surrounding the duckie. 

 

"Slow." Came Eunha's reply. Sowon handed her the burgers she requested awhile ago and it seemed to lighten the shorty's mood. 

 

"Don't you think it's a little bit too much?" Sowon asked. She was not against Yerin doing the work but working alone inside a humongous greenhouse just screams of unfairness. "Why can't you just accept that you're going to be an aunt now?" 

 

Eunha nearly choked upon hearing that, thankfully Sowon handed her quickly her shake. "I do want to be an aunt Sowon, but not this fast! And I'm in no way that I'll have a relation with Sinb!" 

 

Sowon sighed. It looks like Yerin's still got a long way to convince Eunha. 

 

----

 

"Hurry unnie! You're really slow!" Eunha shouted at Yerin when the latter came out last from the house. Yerin managed to finish the entire work alone and so Eunha and Sowon decided to help the brunette carry the baskets in the delivery truck. 

 

Yerin rolled her eyes at her sister. She was so tired from all the work, and here was her little sister, still beating the crap out of her. Her patience was wearing thin at her sister's antics but she doesn't have the heart nor the energy to lash out on Eunha. Probably next time. Yep, definitely next time. 

 

"Okay, that should be the last." Yerin said while panting. she then went to the driver and gave her last minute instructions. The driver nodded and Yerin gave the signal to go. 

 

"That was more like her job Eunha," Sowon commented as they observe Yerin in front of the car. Sowon and Eunha were already inside the former's jeep and were just waiting for the brunette to get inside. "The supervising job."

 

"Yeah, the freaking supervising job." Eunha repeated. "Sowon, do I really need to accept her girlfriend? I mean, I love Sinb to stay in her own devil's lair but it seems the heavens doesn't want to give me that."

 

"So now you're thinking," Sowon answered. "Thank goodness, you've started to think about that and not burgers." 

 

Eunha glared at her girlfriend and gave slap or two at the taller's shoulders. "You better take that back or else."

 

Uh-oh, Sowon thought. That could mean no y time later! Oh she was so screwed to even comment something like that. But sure, she was happy that Eunha seemed to consider Sinb being a part of her family now. 

 

"Okay," Yerin said as she closed the car door beside her. "To the city we go!" She said cheerfully. 

 

"You don't get to order us around, unnie." Eunha popped Yerin's bubble of cheeriness. She turned to Sowon. "Drive to the city, Sowon." 

 

Both Sowon and Yerin couldn't help but roll their eyes. 

 

----

 

Sinb was sure there was help coming today and so she was bracing for the hell week. She woke up early, went to the kitchen and opened her fridge. Oh shoot. She forgot, there were no decent meal inside her fridge! Someone really needs to go buy grocery for her. Thankfully, she remembered Yerin bought some cereals the other day. She went to her cupboard and found the box of cereals. That would do for breakfast. 

 

She tried to drink one glass of milk, winced after drinking all of its contents while pinching her nose, and ran to the bathroom to take a bath. After all the necessary rituals, she was ready to meet hell. 

 

It was a typical Monday for their company's employees. Some were happy about finding that Sinb's parents were on vacation. Some were terrified. Especially those under Sinb's wing. Because with Sinb's parents gone, that could only mean one thing. Sinb will bring hell to their lives too. 

 

"Oh darn!" Sinb muttered under her breath. She was caught in a traffic, a ramdom passerby dropped her coffee on her shoes, and the damned finger tracker doesn't seem to read her fingerprint. What a way to start a hellish Monday. 

 

"Having trouble Ms. Chief?" Yuju asked as soon as she saw Sinb glaring at the finger tracker. "Seems like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed eh?" 

 

Sinb looked at her friend. "You know, I could give a list on why I'm having a bad start today and I'll start with you." 

 

Yuju pretended not to hear and gave her chief a card to swipe. "Here chief, don't tell me you forgot your card too? Or you haven't thought about that?" 

 

Sinb became red out of embarrassment. Of course she did! Just how could this day go wrong? "I'm just lazy getting the card from my bag." 

 

"Psshh, excuses," Yuju remarked as they both went past the security. They went past some employees who were giddily chatting about something and something caught Yuju's ear. "Hey Sinb, you think we have a new employee?" 

 

Sinb quirked an eyebrow. "Do I look like from the HR department? How do I know we have a new employee, the heck they just come and go here." 

 

"So much for a bad start talking to you," Yuju answered back.

 

----

 

"What's with this?!" Sinb thundered as soon as she and Yuju entered their division. Her staffs seemed to be in a celebratory mood and it pisses Sinb off. The heck why are they celebrating?! Sinb was thinking of making hell twice its impact to her employees. No one should celebrate when it comes to hell week. 

 

The employees immediately gathered in front of their chief, discarded some party banners and cleaned their desks of the confetti. They all looked nervous. Well they should be, because Jessica's tiger cub was in fight mood. 

 

Yuju just tried to massage her temples at an eventful Monday morning. Good thing she got some good time with Umji during the weekends. Because if not, her weirdo meter would skyrocket early this morning. 

 

"Why are you all celebrating?" Sinb demanded with a cold tone. "This is hell you guys!" 

 

"I think you should check this out Sinb," Yuju interrupted the chief from scolding her minions. "I'd say we have a new employee." 

 

Sinb went near to where Yuju was and took the papers for her to read. It was a schedule. Her schedule. "Why is it all about meetings? Where's the accounts settlements?" 

 

She was confused because of the schedule. It seemed Jessica forgot to lay out her workload. Not if the hired help came today. 

 

That's it. 

 

She looked at her employees and asked, "Tell me who's the new one here." 

 

Her employees all shooked their heads. They also have no idea on who was the employee they were talking about. All they know was just the fact that there was someone new. 

 

Yuju observed her friend's reaction and looked again at the schedule. So maybe the new one got Jessica's position for a week? Damn, she must be that good. 

 

"Who the hell is this woman?" Sinb asked irritatingly while entering her office. Both her mothers didn't disclosed who will be the hired help and her employees were no better either. 

 

Just then, someone knocked at her door and came Yuju whistling. It irritated her when Yuju does that. "Can you stop?! I'm trying to start my work." 

 

"Someone wants to see you," Yuju informed her after sulking. This chief of hers sure was no fun today. 

 

Sinb looked at the guest and was surprised to see her cute reckless being not being cute at all but... hot. Yerin was in black suit and heels and that undone tie was the cherry on top for Sinb. The side bangs of the brunette too was all too good for Sinb to handle. Holy mother of all things green! 

 

Sinb gulped as she continued staring at Yerin. She was becoming red, that was for sure but Sinb doesn't care. Does she need to change Yerin's nickname from now on?

 

"Oooh, someone here is ogling," Yuju teased but it was only Yerin who heard heard her. Yerin just gave a quirk of the eyebrow and Yuju just smiled. "I think the tiger cub just saw her mommy." 

 

Yerin blushed. Why does it feel like Yuju's joke was tinted green? She doesn't like it. Or, maybe she did? 

 

Yuju cleared and Sinb snapped from her thoughts. "Oh, I-I w-wasn't checking you out. Promise!" Sinb suddenly blurted out. Then her eyes widen when she realised what she said. Oh shoot. 

 

Yuju laughed at her friend's sudden statement. She put a hand on Yerin's shoulder for support. "That right there Yerin, was the tiger cub done with checking you out." 

 

"Shut up Yuju will you?" Sinb tried to regain her dignity. She wanted to move closer to Yerin but she felt shy. What the hell's happening to her? So instead of going closer, Sinb remained in her seat. "What brings you here, Yerin?" 

 

"Oh I told you I got a mission right?" Yerin started as she put their lunch on the usual small table near Sinb's restroom. "So here I am." 

 

"You just told me you got a mission but you didn't tell any details," Sinb answered back. She was eyeing Yuju to get out of her office but the redhead seemed to enjoy watching the show. Her weird friend even took a seat in her couch. "What kind of mission is it?" 

 

Instead of answering, Yerin gave out a piece of paper to Sinb. It was a schedule. And it contains all Jessica's meetings and accounts settlements! Sinb was utterly shocked at what she found. How did she? 

 

"That's Jessica's proposition to me," Yerin explained. "She told me to either back out on you or accept her challenges. She gave me some exams on that day we met at her office and I think I got to replace her for a week?" 

 

All throughout Yerin's explanation, Sinb was distracted. Good thing she was a multi-tasker, she still understood what Yerin was saying. But that undone tie was keeping her sanity on edge early in the morning. Talk about torture from the cutest being she has ever seen. 

 

"B-but what a-about your work in the flowershop?" Sinb stuttered. Oh good Lord, the heaven and hell's wrong with her? "I'm really going to sue that woman!"

 

Yerin laughed at Sinb's reaction. Cute. "Don't worry, Umji's got it all covered. That's why I volunteered myself to work on weekends at the farmhouse just so she will accept my absence for a week. And don't you think it's good? If I get your mother's approval then saying you're pregnant would be much easier right?" 

 

"Your girlfriend got a point there," Yuju butted in. Sinb glared at her weird bestfriend. "Alright, I've heard enough. I'm going out." Yuju still wanted to hear more but she knew Sinb would've smack her if she won't go out of the office. 

 

When Yuju was gone, Sinb motioned to return to her table. She can't afford to stare at Yerin because it might freeze her on the spot and she might not get any work done. Yerin was just different today, Sinb thought to herself. She was just wearing a suit! It was different to all Yerin wears everyday so that could be a plausible reason why she checked her out. But that goddamn tie was making it worse. 

 

Just when she was about to go back, a hand stopped her from doing so. Sinb was afraid to look at the sinful reckless being in front of her (she decided to change the nickname for that day) and so she just kept her stare at the painting behind Yerin. "W-what is it?" 

 

Yerin gave her a quizzical look but shrugged asking Aphrodite's daughter. "Uhm, I'm not used wearing suits and I have zero knowledge on how to do a tie so...uhm...I just wanted to ask if you know how to?" She pouted to make it even more convincing that she really doesn't know how to do it. Well, how do you do a tie?

 

Sinb accidentally looked at the pouting Yerin and gosh was she all red. The feeling was like being caught staring by your crush. She carefully reached for Yerin's necktie and tried to knot the tie while fighting her trembling hands from doing so. "W-who gave you the idea of even wearing a suit?"

 

Yerin beamed a smile. "Sowon did. She said I looked cute wearing one so I tried. Do I look cute?" She asked cutely while Sinb was still doing her tie. 

 

Sinb wanted to say Yerin doesn't look cute at all but that racy word they call 'y.' But Yerin might not like it. And it sure would make Sinb like she was getting aroused by Yerin wearing a mere suit! Oh no. "Y-you look great actually. There, it's all done." 

 

"Thanks!" Yerin cheerfully said. "I should get going now. I need to finish early so we could eat lunch on time." 

 

"Oh, s-sure." Sinb stuttered again as her eyes followed Yerin who was getting out of the room. When the door shut in front of her, Sinb exhaled a breathy one. She can't believe it.

 

Hell week was just starting but it feels like Sinb won't last a day. Especially if Yerin would continue wearing suits for the rest of the week. She needs to focus. 

 

"Oh God," She muttered. "Jessica surely knew how make a devil's lair in any kind of set-up."  

 

-oo0oo-

(18) Just A Little Crush

 

-oo0oo-

Looks like I was able to update today :) tadaaa!!!