(15) Of Video Games And Propositions

Unexpected

(15) Of Videogames And Propositions

 

"You won't really listen to Yerin, do you?" Sowon asked exasperated. They have been following the couple in their supermarket spree and all they saw so far was how the two were being lovey dovey all over. What does Eunha doesn't understand? What does she need to see more? "Your sister's  so freaking whipped about that brat." 

 

"I could see that,"' Eunha replied still looking at her empty glass. "I just don't like Sinb for my sister." 

 

"Why are you so agitated at that brat?" Sowon inquired. "Tell me everything Eunha, will you?"

 

Eunha hesitated for a second. Then she heaved a sigh like she has no other choice. For the sake of Mama Mary's peace, then so be it. "Well, I know someone so whipped for Sinb before and it ended with Sinb only dumping her at the end." 

 

Sowon raised a brow. "Who was the unfortunate one?" 
 

Eunha shook her head. "You don't know her. But what's important here is, I don't want unnie to be the one who's always being left. You know how unnie was serious about Joy right?" 

 

Sowon was silent. It took Eunha weeks before Yerin could finally disclose her break-up. Even she didn't know the whole deal because Yerin simply didn't tell them. Yerin was keeping her feelings all to herself. Maybe that was why Eunha was worried for her sister. "Yeah, it pretty we have only known about it days after. But how are you sure Sinb would dump her in the end? It seems like the brat is also whipped for your sister." 

 

"I need to know if that is not for a show only," Eunha said determinedly. "I need to know if Sinb is serious to unnie. I will never give unnie to Sinb if I'm proven Sinb's making unnie a passing distraction only." 

 

Sowon just gave a stare at her girlfriend. Of all things she wondered on what kind of thing could her girlfriend be worked up, it has to be that pink-haired brat.

 

Oh how she wished Eunha could work her up too.

 

Wait. That sounded nasty.

 

Nah, it was in her dictionary anyway. 

 

----

 

The two only managed to buy milk, cereals, and lots of veggies for Yerin to make Sinb's lunch. There are still a lot left to buy, but with the limited time they had, they decided to finish the shopping spree before Yerin's curfew. Yerin didn't let Sinb drop her to her place since she was too worried that Sinb might be too tired from all the shopping they made.

 

And so here she was, inside the almost deserted coach of the train, seated in one side, with earphones on. She was shuffling some music for her to listen when a notification appeared. It was a message. A message from the least person she wanted to talk with. 

 

How's life? - Joy

 

What the freaking thick face of a blob! 

 

Yerin double checked if it was from Joy. No way she just asked her how's her ting life when she literally ed it over. There's just no way. 

 

But it really came from Joy. 

 

"What the ?" Yerin said her thought out loud. No one would care anyways since the coach was pretty empty at this hour. "You've got to be freaking kidding me." 

 

Yerin suddenly felt a sudden rush of rage. Just what kind of drugs does Joy took tonight that she has the guts to even ask her how's her day?! After what she did to her?! Damn, Joy must be crazy, Yerin thought. 

 

She was about to type something along the lines of 'How's the ing day, my ? Freaking good!' to 'I think you're on jutes today sweety you forgot we are long overdue.'  when suddenly a notification came up again. 

 

Oh sorry Yennie, wrong send. - Joy

 

"Now what the ?!" Yerin shouted when she read the message. And here she was thinking that Joy really did send that message to her. Was Joy playing with her feelings until now? She let out a tired sigh. "And here I was, about to type something that'll get my sorry some small feat victory, and you just get to ruin it. Damn you Joy."

 

Why can't she seem to win against her?

 

Why was she so pathetic? 

 

Yerin doesn't know how or if even replying was the right thing to do when another notification suddenly popped up again. 

 

Are you home right now? It's past your curfew. Anyways, I'm about to drink the milk you bought. Mind if I call you right now? - Aphrodite's Daughter

 

Just a message and suddenly Yerin seemed to brighten up a bit. She never took Sinb's promise earlier that the latter would call her just to assure that she was indeed drinking the milk they bought. Wow, so she was really serious about making a call. 

 

Still inside the train but don't worry, I informed Eunha on my whereabouts. Of course you can call! I need to find if you're really drinking it! 

 

Sent. 

 

Then without even a minute, Yerin's phone came ringing and Sinb with the glass of milk in one hand registered in her screen. Yerin could not stop herself but to stare at Aphrodite's daughter. Holy cheese balls! Sinb was rocking that ponytail look and that navy blue pajamas, Yerin thought. 

 

"Are you alright Yerin?" Sinb asked when the brunette just stared at her. 

 

"Y-yeah," Crap. She was caught staring. "A-anyways, are you drinking it?"

 

"I'm about to," Sinb answered. "You know what, I really don't know why I'm doing this but since I promised you... I need to try. You're going to watch me?"

 

"Of course!" Yerin said and beamed a smile. She watched Sinb drink all of the milk in the glass and saw how Sinb scrunched her face after taking down the drink in one go. Cute. "You really don't like milk. It shows in your face." 

 

"But I need to get used to it," Sinb replied as she put the glass in her sink. "I need to for the baby and for the nagging I would be getting." 

 

Yerin chuckled. "It's okay, you'll get used to it. But seeing how you scrunched your face, you've still got a looong way to go." She beamed her cutest smile at Sinb to assure the woman that she was satisfied watching her effort. 

 

She saw Sinb stared at her for a moment with an unreadable expression. What was that? But then Sinb shyly laughed. Oh wow, that was a first. So Aphrodite's daughter was also capable of being shy. 

 

"You need to go to bed now," Yerin changed topic. Though she still wanted to talk with Sinb, the latter needs to rest. "You still have work tomorrow, so you need all the rest you can get." 

 

"Yeah, well good night Yerin," Sinb said. Yerin was about to turn off the call when Sinb suddenly waved at the camera again. "Oh I forgot!"

 

"What?" Yerin asked. 

 

Sinb pointed the camera to her tummy so Yerin would see. "The baby wants to say good night too." 

 

Yerin smiled. Sinb was so warm. She doesn't know if it was the hormones acting up or if Sinb was just a warm being herself. She needs to return that warmth at least. Yerin waved at the camera. "Good night baby! Be good to mommy Sinb okay? See you both tomorrow!" And Yerin matched it with a flying kiss to end the call.

 

She then returned to Joy's message. I think I know what to reply now.

 

Actually, she didn't type a single letter in the message. She just let it be. But if the day would come if they would meet again, Yerin knew what to say to her. She would thank her for letting her go. Because right after she did that, she was given a family to build. Something Yerin was hoping of making it last. 

 

----

 

After a tedious argument and debate with Sowon, Eunha finally lets herself follow her girlfriend's advice. She would talk to her unnie and listen to what her unnie wants to say. But there was one thing she can't promise to do yet. She doesn't know if she was capable of accepting Sinb. 

 

And what good timing, the bunny thought as she heard the door creaked open. "You're here unnie." 

 

Yerin was surprised Eunha greeted her. She was expecting to see a sulking Eunha again. Maybe Eunha got enough ice cream earlier? Yerin doesn't know. "Uhh, hi?"

 

"I won't beat around the bushes anymore unnie," Eunha started. "I will listen to what you have to say though it will be my way." 

 

Yerin put her bag over the coffee table and settled herself at the couch. She looked at her dongsaeng seated beside her with orbs focused on her. "And what would that be?" 

 

Eunha smiled a mischievous one and Yerin suddenly felt her hairs stand at the back of her neck. That speaks of danger. Nope. It definitely wouldn't be alright.

 

"I will only listen to what you have to say if Sinb would beat me at a video game." 

 

Wait. What?

 

----

 

"Whoah, stop with the workload please!" Sinb complained when she saw Yuju coming inside with a pile of papers again. God! Can she rest for a bit?! "Who gave you those freaking reports?!"

 

She was having a bet in her mind that it was her mother. Again. She would really sue her one day! 

 

"Chill you preggy momma," Yuju popped Sinb's small bubble of plotting to sue her mother. "This should be the last for today. I know you're getting stressed so I only picked what's urgent to be signed today and the rest for tomorrow. I'm such a considerate friend am I?" 

 

"Actually, you're becoming one," Sinb told her bestfriend as she saw the pile of papers stacked again on one side of her table. She just cleared that side for pete's sake and now it was as if she hadn't finished a single report. Freaking frog. "Yerin's friend must have taught you well huh." 

 

She saw how Yuju's face flushed a shade of red and this made Sinb chuckle. "My god Yuju! You're so whipped!" 

 

"Am not!" Yuju denied. 

 

"That face wouldn't deny anything," Sinb remarked while pointing at her friend and laughing her off. 

 

Yuju wanted to strangle her friend. Ooooh...she'll have her time. Just then, the door opened and came Yerin peeking her head to check if it was alright to come in. "Oh hi there Ms.Girlfriend!" Yuju greeted. She intentionally said that out loud to get a revenge. 

 

But girl was she surprised that her karma went as fast as she told the word 'girlfriend.' A pillow came flying to her face. She glared at Sinb and turned to close the door behind her. But before she could do that, she glanced once more to Sinb and made a sign that she'll kill her later.

 

"We need to talk," Yerin started as soon as the door closed behind Yuju. "I think we got ourselves a mission." 

 

Sinb looked at Yerin confusedly while placing the lunchbox Yerin bought for the two of them. "What mission? I don't understand."

 

"You need to beat my sister to some video games for her to listen to us," Yerin straightaway told Aprodite's daughter. "And I just got myself a mission too." 

 

----

 

I just need to win so we could tell this shorty our real situation. Sinb gripped the controller as she was getting ready to fight Yerin's sister. They were at an arcade Eunha chose for herself. It was as if Eunha would win with her choice of place. Yerin, Sowon, Yuju and Umji were there to watch the whole thing and it seemed all of them were too immersed in wanting to know who would win at the end. 

 

"Tell me unnie, is Eunha unnie even good at playing Mortal Kombat?" Umji whispered to Sowon. Just imagine the effort she did just to whisper at the giant's ear. "I never knew she plays this kind of game." 

 

"Oh she's a pro alright," Sowon whispered back. "She knows how to kick and do those backflips, though I don't know if she could do it in a game." 

 

"What?" Umji asked. The answer seemed out of context. "Then on what game can she do it?" 

 

Sowon just kept on looking at the duo seated in front of the game machine and smirked as she heard Umji. "Oh she does it in real life." 

 

"In real life?!" Umji said in disbelief Yerin had to come near them. "So Eunha unnie is a real-life bad ?" 

 

"What are you talking about?" Yerin asked. "Why would Eunha be a bad ?" 

 

"Sowon unnie told me that Eunha unnie does kick and do backflips in real life, partner. Don't you know of this sutff?" Umji asked Yerin who was now becoming red.  

 

"You don't listen to that walking make-out machine Umji," Yerin warned.

 

"But why wouldn't I?" 

 

Yuju heard their conversation and decided to join. "She was pertaining to some playtime in bed sis," 

 

Umji was red. 

 

And Yerin couldn't help but to facepalm.

 

----

 

Eunha lost to the Mortal Kombat game to Sinb. But she redeemed herself on that hand hockey game. But still, that game was a close one. Eunha was getting frustrated. Whay can't she just win against Sinb without having a close up fight? 

 

They decided the last game to be the classic pinball. This Eunha was sure to win since it was the only game she knew she was good at. The rule was simple. The one who got the longest time to use all three pinballs would win. 

 

But before she could play, she noticed how Sinb seemed to be tired. Was it due to the heat? But the arcade's fully air-conditioned. Maybe she was feeling too much exhaustion from the games. It was good then, Eunha might win against her. 

 

And maybe Yerin noticed it too. For when Eunha returned her gaze to her rival, she saw her sister giving her bottled water to Sinb. She rolled her eyes at the sight. Such typical girlfriends. 

 

----

 

"What?!" Eunha said disbelievingly. How did she managed to lose at one game she has been playing for years now? Just how? "No, I won't accept this!" 

 

Yerin stopped Eunha from bursting out again. "Eunha, we won so you need to listen to me." 

 

"I changed my mind," Eunha replied as soon as she caught a glimpse of Sinb looking back at her. "Guess I really can't accept Sinb for you."

 

'Why are you so stubborn?" Yerin scolded her sister. She was about to say something again, maybe confront Eunha but a hand in her shoulder stopped her. Sowon shook her head telling her that Eunha was currently in a high of emotion the latter might not really want to listen. Yerin sighed. "Okay, I'll talk to you once you've cooled down. I'll accompany Sinb to her house." 

 

She looked at Sowon and mouthed a 'take care of her for me,' and went out with Sinb, Yuju and Umji. 

 

----

 

"Oh we meet again," Jessica greeted Yerin when she saw the latter inside the elevator. "And at the same place." 

 

Yerin chose not to answer Jessica and instead bowed to her as a greeting. She felt that if she would just ignore Monster Mom, the latter would leave her be. But Hell must be Jessica's lair, and Hades must have told her to talk with the brunette. Can the elevator move up quickly?!

 

"Where are you going?" Jessica asked. 

 

Yerin learned that if Jessica asks a question, one must reply quickly. She remembered she told her that the first time they met. "To Sinb's office, Ma'am." 

 

Jessica looked at her with an unreadable expression. "You're still going to meet my daughter despite me not wanting you? And what would you even do? Have her eat something she doesn't like again?"

 

Yerin gritted her teeth underneath. Monster Mom was at it again. Chill Yerin, she thought to herself. Don't let her words eat you. "Yes Ma'am. I still am meeting your daughter and--"

 

"But you know I don't want you for her," Jessica interrupted her and her tone was cold. "What in those words haven't you understand?"

 

Yerin smiled in return as soon as she caught glimpse of her floor. "Forgive me Ma'am, but you are not Sinb. Only Sinb could make me go away because she's the one I'm committing myself in a relationship. And yes, I think I bought a lunch she might not like again, but she promised to eat it with me for a change she wants to do for herself." 

 

Ting. 

 

The elevator door opened and Yerin came out of it and looked back at Jessica. The smile was still in her face and she noted how Jessica became silent. She bowed as the elevator door closes but she managed to see Jessica smiled back at her. 

 

Which left her confused. Why would she smile?

 

Just then, she received a message.

 

Meet me. After lunch. Top floor. I have a proposition for you. - xxxx

 

-oo0oo-

(16) My One New Truth

 

-oo0oo-

Posting an update today because...why not?! 

Take care people! :)