(5) PT for Everyone

Unexpected

(5) PT for Everyone


Sinb managed  to get on to work despite feeling being ill for days now. It was not like her sickness was bed-worthy she thought. Sometimes she would just feel sick and other times, she would feel perfectly okay. Honestly though, she does not know what was happening to her body and going to the doctor was the least thing she would try to do. 


You see, Sinb was a very stubborn lady. When she thinks that she could manage to do something on that day, though she knows it would be hard, she would do it all by herself. And if she thinks that what she has been feeling was something she could manage throughout the day, then spending some dollars on a check-up would a big 'no' for her. 


So what she did that night that she excused herself from work, she did not go straight up to the hospital to meet her doctor and went self-medicating at home. Sinb was never fond of buying medications though let alone take one. And since she has been feeling nauseated that day, she thought that drinking water would help lessen the headache. After all, she read on some books that the reason for migraines and all kinds of headaches was a lack of H20 in the body. 


She went to sleep in the living room so she could be near to her kitchen and bathroom. She placed stacks of tissues over the coffee table and decided to work on some papers that night. But she was proven that working while on a terrible headache just ends up having more headaches and puking. And bad for her that next morning because Yuju saw her throwing up inside her very own bathroom. 


After seeng her in that state, Yuju immediately went to buy her medicines from a nearby drugstore. Sinb was thankful for that gesture and she went back to the living room and clean her stuff up. But when Yuju came back, she does not believe her eyes when she saw what her weird bestfriend bought her.

 
I take back being thankful for this weirdo.


"Have you tried it yet?" Yuju asked her while they were going out for lunch. Sinb does not even bother to slow down her pace a bit so the latter could walk beside her. "Hey wait! I'm asking if you have tried it."


"For the nth time Yuju, I said I didn't." Sinb said flatly. Yuju has been bugging her if she has already tried what the redhead bought for her. 


How could she?!


No, she was not going to try that pregnancy test for Pete's sake! She's firm in believing that she was not pregnant and what her feeling was solely due to her stressing about her hell of a cheating ex-girlfriend. And just how could she? She was pretty dominant the whole time she made out with that cute being. 


Or wasn't she?


The hell no she would accept that. 


But she had no complete recollection of what happened between them. being drunk!


"But how can we know that you're just feeling sick Sinb? You don't do the check-up thing," Yuju asked. "You know being pregnant by Eunseo is not a bad thing to me though. I'm just thinking maybe you're angry since it was Eunseo's."


Wait, what? What the hell was she even saying?! 


Sinb could believe what she was hearing. How come Yuju could think of that?! Oh, wait. she has not told her bestfriend that she had with someone else. 


"I'm just thinking in advance," Yuju said nonchalantly and went past Sinb who was stopped in her tracks because of what she said. "I'm just worried about the baby."


So much for thinking in advance Yuju.


"Hey Yuju," Sinb suddenly called her and the latter stopped walking. Sinb then catched up to her and put her arms along Yuju's shoulders like she was bullying the tall girl. "I'm not pregnant okay? So stop thinking about it you weirdo. And besides, there's something I want you to know."

 

----

 

"How was sales?" Umji asked Yerin as soon as she entered the shop. She had taken a two-day leave too ater Yerin and it was only now that she came back for work. She could literally smell dollars coming their way when she saw groups of elderly women gathered inside looking at the different floras around. "Hey, what are you even doing wearing a mask?"


Yerin was sprinkling water at the newly arrived flowers from their farm. It was her assigned task between the two of them. But ever since she entered the shop two days ago she could not bear the smell of the flowers. She feels dizzy when she smells it, and she does not even know why.


She turned to see Umji in her moss green jumpsuit and went to take off the mask to smile at her. "Hi Umji!"


"You're not answering my question unnie," Umji reiterated as she went to the counter beside the newly arrived flowers. "Why are you wearing a mask? Have you become allergic to them?"


Yerin went to the counter and away from the flowers so she could talk to Umji without bringing the mask on. "I don't have allergy, you know that."


"Then what's with the mask?"


"Well," Yerin started to share. "I've been kind of feeling dizzy whenever I smell flowers these days."


Umji quirked an eyebrow at that? "And how was that?"


 Yerin does not want to tell Umji that it might be related to what she has been feeling for a few days now. Not yet when she was not sure of herself. She needed more evidence before she can conclude that her one-nightstand really gave her a problem. 


"I don't know, maybe just feeling a little bit under the weather." She shrugged as she placed stacks of magazines on the counter shelves.

 
"I've heard that line before," Umji said as she felt a little deja vu happened. But like Yerin, she shrugged it off too. "Oh well, doesn't matter where I've heard it."

 

----

 

Yerin went to a drugstore to buy herself some pregnancy test. Her headache has been attacking her again and same for that nauseated feeling. But before she could intake some medications, she needed to be sure that she's not pregnant at first.


She does not really want to do this since she does not want to admit that something was made after what she considered a bad behavior from herself. One of the reasons why was the fact that she has freaking done it with a complete stranger (though really, what's a one-night stand if you knew each other?). Plus the fact that she does not even know the name of that stranger to start with!


She sighed as she saw different kinds of packets of PT on the shelves. Just why are there so many kinds? As of the offspring would be different, after all, they're all females! She grabbed what she seemed a box-shaped PT, not because she knows how to use it, but merely due to the fact that its print was too cute for her she wants to have one.

 
Really Yerin? At time like this, she was still into cute things.

 

"Hey Yerin-unnie," Umji suddenly appeared out of nowhere.


Yerin was startled she nearly dropped the PT. Good thing, she was able to hold on to it and hide it at her back before Umji could see. She felt a small relief knowing it was just her friend and not Eunha. Oh girl, she does not know what she would do if Eunha caught her buying PTs. "Oh, hi there Umji."


"What are you doing here at this section?" Umji inquired. If she were the one to be asked, Yerin was kind of suspicious since morning and she could not help but to wonder why. 


"Uhh, nothing. I'm just going through here you see." Crap. Even she did not believe her excuse. She was becoming red out of embarrassment and she have not yet told Umji a single thing about it. 


"You know you're bad liar unnie," Umji said unconvinced. She noticed Yerin was hiding something behind her and she tried to have a peek on it but Yerin just would not show her. "What are you hiding there?"


"N-nothing,"


"Don't say nothing when it's obvious that there is something that you're hiding behind," Umji stated as she tried to grab what her partner was hiding. "Was that some PT you have there?"


Oh shoot she knows! Yerin was trembling inside, she needed to come up with an excuse already. Lord please...


"You're not buying it for yourself, aren't you?" Umji asked further. When Yerin does not reply, Umji knew it. She knew Yerin well enough the latter does not need to say anything. "Well there's nothing wrong with it. Almost everyone was doing pre-marital nowadays and it's only normal for your relationship with Joy-unnie. Wait, does Joy-unnie knows about this?"


Yerin bowed her head and slightly shook it. She does not know how to face her friend nor how to start telling what really happened to her. Oh darn! How could life be so complicated?!


"Oh girl, you're in for some talk."

 

----

 

"Do we really need to take a train?" Sinb whined to Yuju as the latter dragged her to the coin slot machine for their T-card. Yuju knew how much Sinb hated commuting, especially the damn train they were taking now, but they have no choice as of the moment. 


"If you have checked your car's cylinder, then overheating shouldn't have happened. Then maybe, we shouldn't be commuting right now," Yuju said while inserting coins. "And what timing Sinb! We're in for the rush hour!" 


Sinb was so not amused by all of what was happening to her. She was having another bout of headache and the rush hour was not even doing her any good. Just why does her car needs to break down at this kind of hour?!


When they were at the platfrom waiting for the next train, Sinb swore that even the box-office hit movie would lose to the multitude of people crowding. "Oh darn! How could we even enter the damn train with these passengers?"


She was starting to get annoyed. Then she felt herself puking up again due to the heat and different kinds of smell that enters her olfactory senses. Good thing, she was prepared by getting herself a mask so she could not further trigger throwing up. 


Yuju looked at Sinb and became worried for her cheif's health. Then suddenly she got a light bulb idea and smirked at the annoyed Sinb beside her. "I got an idea chief."


"What?" Sinb asked and looked at Yuju who was smirking. Uh-oh. She does not like that look Yuju was giving her. Now, what kind of foolishness was this woman thinking?


Sinb did not have any time to think as she was being led in front of the priority lane. What the heck?! "What are you even thinking Yuju?!" She hissed as she tired to get away from her hell of a bestfriend.


The security went near them as both were making a commotion already. "Excuse me, but this is a priority lane. Please go--"


"She's pregnant you see," Yuju said she did not let the security finish her words. "And she's feeling dizzy and irritated right now that's why she's behaving like this. I apologize in behalf of her." Then she pinched Sinb's side unbeknownst to the concern guard.


"Ouch!" Sinb said in pain and placed a hand on the side where Yuju pinched. Damn this woman! 


"See?" Yuju said to the guard and before the security could even say her sorry, a train stopped on their platform and Yuju dragged Sinb inside. "Thank you Ms. Security!" She said as the train doors closed in front of them.

 

----

 

"You what?!" Umji said in disbelief. Was what she heard true? After Yerin bought the cutesy box-shaped PT, they immediately went back to the flowershop, closed it and forced Yerin to talk about it. "You mean to tell me that you had with another woman?!"


She knew Yerin would not do that kind of thing. She strongly believed that Yerin was not the type of person to do that but...she did and she have not told anyone about it. And here she was, thinking she knew everything about her friend. But gosh, she was so wrong. "You should be accused of infidelity too, you know."


"What?" Yerin reacted. Whoah, wait a minute. How come she became like that? Umji surely does not understand something here. "Joy broke up with me before I did it. I'm not the one cheating here!"


I could just feel myself getting allergic to cheating women!


"So what that some revenge you have there?" Umji further inquired as she felt herself getting calm after she came to know that Yerin made a one-night stand after her break up with Joy. 


"It was not meant to be like that," Yerin said while fiddling with her fingers. How would she put it? "We happened to meet at a bar and maybe she was concerned for me that night since I was crying. Then she offered some drinks and we had a talk."


"Then she asked you for some ?" 


"What? No!" Yerin abruptly replied. "Umji, just let me finish on this one." 


"So when did the make-out thing come in?" Umji asked ever more interested in the topic they were discussing.  


Oh gosh. Umji was nice and a cute girl, she could pass as a dear little sister to her. If she could replace Umji with her sister, Yerin might have actually done it ages ago. At least Umji, to Yerin's opinion, was a doting friend and not so nosy like Eunha was. But there was one flaw though, Umji's mind though smart and witty, was also tinted green.


And if Yerin could bet, Umji was more than giddy to find out what kind of escapade she made that night. 


"Uhh, so she offered me a drive home and from there we had an intense make-out. Then we ended up to her house since I guess we got so and there you have it." Yerin explained making sure to leave out graphic details. 


"You won't tell the most exciting part to me though!" Umji whined then pouted. She wanted to hear more but her partner just would not cooperate with her. 


"What exciting part?" Yerin said as she stood up from the stool where she was seated. "I already told you we had ."


"Is she beautiful?" Umji asked giving up on making Yerin talk about the '' part. She noticed how Yerin would blush and would not come up with a straight up answer. "Based from your face unnie, I think she is."

 

----

 

After what Sinb considered a humiliating ride, she swore she would never commute again and ride on the train. And all the while Sinb was cursing her one hell of a train ride, Yuju dragged her to what seemed like a stall of give-away products.


Yuju just saw a stall giving away free PTs for everyone. Sinb's eyes widen as soon as she saw the stall but could not get away from Yuju's grip. She does not know what has gotten to Yuju that the redhead was so into PTs this day and was so shocked to find that Yuju did not get one, but a plastic full of it. 


"What the hell?!" Sinb said incredously. "Why so many? Is one not enough?"


"We need to make sure Sinb," Yuju answered her. 


"Make sure of what?"


"Make sure you're not pregnant duh," Yuju said as she started dragging Sinb with her. "Who else would I test this on?"


What. The. Effing. Freak.

 

----

 

"Oi! What are you doing?" Sinb half-asked, half-complained. After almost two hours of Yuju pleading for her to try at least one pregnancyt test, the cold goddess finally gave in. "Why are you following me inside the bathroom?"


"I want to see!" Yuju said while forcing her way in.


Sinb pushed her out of the bathroom. No way was she letting her weird friend come inside. "Do you want to see me pee?!"


"It's okay though!" Yuju answered, still trying to make a way for herself inside. 


"Oh no you don't," Sinb said as she successfully pushed Yuju out of her bathroom. "Just wait there 'til I finish."


"Sinb?" Yuju knocked after waiting for several minutes now. "You've been quiet in there. What happened?"


The bathroom door opened and came out Sinb. Yuju noted how down and depressed the girl was when she came out of the bathroom. And based from it, Yuju had a hunch of what the result might be but still asked, "So, what does it say?"


"P-p-po--"


"Positive?" Yuju asked as she took the PT out from Sinb's hands. She saw two lines, meaning the latter was indeed pregnant. "Wow! Congratulations Sinb!"


Sinb shot a glare at he friend and Yuju shut . Besides knowing now that she was not the dominant between them, with which she was kind of depressed about, she got one more problem.

 
She was pregnant. 


And with someone she does not even know the name of! 


How could she talk this out? Oh darn.


And the worst thing of all, how could she even start looking for that cute and gorgeous being and tell her she needed to take responsibility for what she did? 


Sinb just stood still in between Yuju and the bathroom door, her mind went blank all of a sudden. 


I think I'm going to pass out.

 

-oo0oo-

(6) Coincidental Meeting?