(8) How To Tell A Truth {1}

Unexpected

(8) How To Tell A Truth {1}

 

"Dr. Kang's really something," Yerin mumbled as they got off the car. After their stint at the hospital with the scary doctor of Sinb, the duo decided to stop by a fast food chain. Yerin could not afford to go someplace else as her curfew's ticking. "I don't remember I aggravated her before I go out."



She does not understand why the doctor was like that to her. Scary how the doctor's mood change from a complete 360 degrees. Should that be called crazy?!



Sinb chuckled when she heard Yerin mumbled to herself. They were just walking side by side going inside the chain. "I warned you, we are disturbing that woman's peace."



"Yeah, but still. Your doctor's crazy," Yerin found an empty table beside the window. She led Sinb to sit from there and asked what the woman would like. "One solo soup would not be enough. Pregnant women should eat more you know."



"But I'm still full," Sinb answered. She was not really a big eater, Yuju was. She'd rather stick her face to the workload she has than to eat. "The baby won't mind."



Yerin raised an eyebrow at that. Does that mean, she was not eating properly? Even if she has a hunch that she was already pregnant?



"You wait here and I'll order,"



----



Sinb was waiting for Yerin and the food to come when her phone rang. She looked at the caller id and saw the name Yujurgini plastered on her phone display. Since when did she changed her friend's name to this weird sounding nickname?! "Eyy Yuju,"



"Curse you, you pink-haired casanova beyatch!" Yuju yelled on the other line.



Omo, the weird one's pissed.



"What's with the--" Sinb tokk the phone out from her ear when Yuju blared at her. Gosh! Could she keep her tone low?!



"You freaking left me at the cinema! How dare you! And here I thought I'm making a good move for you to forget being preggy, but no! You freaking ditched me you twit! Now how the hell am I supposed to go home now with this rush hour?! And girl! Your things are still with me!" Yuju blabbered in the phone.



"Chill Yuju, chill," Sinb said to her friend to stop her from whining so much. "I kno--"



"You better get back here and fetch me you preggy momma!"



What?! Now that's downright insulting!



"Since when did I become your driver?!" Sinb asked disbelievingly. "And hey, I just went to the hospital, remember that I have a schedule with Dr. Kang?"



"But I'm supposed to go with you there!" Yuju whined. "You said Dr. Kang wants both parents present when it's a check up, and you're still yet to find that cute reckless being so I'm planning to cover for the wife!"



"You?! Going to cover as the other wife?!" Sinb swore that Dr. Kang wouldn't believe it. Yuju's too weird for her taste as a wife for Pete's sake! "I appreciate the thought Yu--"



Yerin took phone out of Sinb's hand and placed it on her own. "Hello? Could you call later?"



"Wai-- who's this?" Yuju suddenly asked when she heard an unfamiliar voice who answered.



"Pregnant women should not be put at stress and you're making her feel it. Please, call her when you've calmed down, alright?" Yerin pleasantly said on the other line. "Oh and by the way, no need to cover up dear friend, I'm already here."



Sinb was stunned at Yerin's move. She has no right to grab her phone while she was talking! They're not even close to each other! Why would she do that?! "That's my phone!"



"I know." Yerin gravely said.



Sinb suddenly felt chills crawled all over her body when she heard Yerin became cold all of a sudden. What did she even do?!



"I don't want Dr. Kang to scold me again so I better make you feel you're not stressed and you're eating the right amount of food," Yerin said to her as she placed a full meal in front Sinb. "C'mon lets dig in!" Yerin tone suddenly became happy.



What's with this woman?



Sinb widely stared at the food Yerin ordered. She could not believe her eyes! Just where did their table go?! "I just ordered soup."



Yerin stopped eating and looked at the surprised Sinb. Was the food too much? She only ordered two full meals with desserts and that 3 large size fries the food chain was known for. This is enough, does she think it's less? "You want more?"

 


"No," Sinb said sternly. "I said I only ordered soup, not a grandiose amount of set meals. I told you I'm not hungry."



Yerin just stared at her. Then a smile formed in her lips. She remembered Joy would sulk too when she doesn't get what she wanted and she could somehow see Joy in Sinb. To be honest, the pain was still there, but hey, at least she's moving forward slowly.



"What's with the smile? I'm creeped out," Sinb said as she tried to look anywhere but Yerin. She could feel her cheeks reddened. What's with that?!



"Hey, you need to eat," Yerin said gently as she took a spoonful of the food. "If you don't want to eat, at least think the baby needs it. I don't want a sickly baby and a mother too. I want both of you to be healthy you know? And you're already in top shape so I guess a little more won't hurt? So, please?"



Sinb slowly looked at Yerin who was serving the spoonful for her to eat. It was the first time someone was concerned and gentle towards her (well except of her parents). She didn't even recalled Eunseo being gentle to her. She hesitated to eat the food infront of her.



"C'mon baby, eat." Yerin urged Sinb. "There you go."



Sinb ate the food, not because she was hungry, but because of the warm feeling she felt. She thought that if she lets this moment to pass, she would never know when could be the second time she would feel that someone do cares.



----



"You have a curfew?" Sinb asked the brunette. "Why do you have a curfew? Are you seven years old?!"



"Yah! I'm not, I just have an overprotective younger sister," Yerin explained.



They were now inside Sinb's car and Sinb decided she'll drop off Yerin first before she could pick up Yuju at the cinema again. They just finished eating and Yerin was happy that Sinb ate the set meal she bought for her, though Sinb was like a child for it. She would not eat when Yerin won't try to serve her.



"Wait," Sinb said as she parked alongside the road. Yerin looked at her confusedly in why she did that. She was running late! Eunha would get mad at her again. "Can I ask you a question?"



"You're already asking," Yerin said to her. "Just hurry up, I would be late."



"What's your name?"



What?!



"You still don't know me?" Yerin asked her. "You've been with me for like 5 hourse already and you still don't know me?"



"I don't remember getting your name in the first place though," Sinb said. It was true that she haven't known the brunette's name. "Or you want me to call you cute reckless being? But that would be long to say everytime I'll call you. It would such a hassle."



"Yerin. Jung Yerin," Yerin said. "And your name is?"



"Sinb"



"Okay, nice meeting you." Yerin said as she ran out of something to say. To say that they had and went for a check-up, they should know atleast their names. But they skipped to that part and Yerin just felt how awkward it was to introduce oneself when they've literally seen each other .



But it seemed Sinb does not feel the awkwardness between them. She felt like they've known each other for long like that fateful night when they met at the bar. "How flattering that you find me a daughter of Aphrodite, Yerin." She teased. Sinb admitted that she loved the way Yerin's name would roll in .



Yerin blushed for the nth time when she heard Sinb used her nickname for her again. When will she drop it? "Don't flatter yourself too much. I don't want the baby getting that side of yours."



Sinb pretended she was offended. "My, the baby will get it someday and you can't do anything about it. And how could I when such a cute reckless being called me gorgeous? Now I'm interested. Where do you find me gorgeous, Yerin?"



Sinb continued to drive so Yerin would be home before her curfew, but she hasn't stopped the tessing. She would insist on where Yerin finds her gorgeous. Yerin was so red from embarrassment trying to change the subject. But Sinb would always divert the conversation from their make-out.



----



To say that Yerin was nervous was an understatement. She thought she would die any moment when she start stepping inside the house. Holy cow! I've never been more stressed than in my thesis in college!



It's not like she was the one who's pregnant but it still bear the same weight. She would be a mother too and sooner or later, she will introduce her baby along with Sinb to her family. She has no trouble telling that fact to their parents, she just don't know what how to deliver the news to her sister.



Oh! She has not even told her that she and Joy broke up! Damn...

 


She quietly entered and went straight to the living room. She was expecting Eunha to be there, waiting for her to arrive. And there she was looking straight at her. Yerin looked at the time and saw that she was just seven minutes late her curfew. Oh darn...



She took a seat on the long couch beside Eunha with a respectable distance apart. Yerin could not look at Eunha and focused her gaze at the blank television in front. God, can this day end right now? As in right now?

 

-oo0oo-

(9) How To Tell A Truth {2}

 

-oo0oo-

Surprise! Surprise!