(27) Kiss Me At The Most Unexpected Place

Unexpected

(27) Kiss Me at the Most Unexpected Place

 

"Why'd you call me?" Yerin  asked the trio. It was a lovely Wednesday when Yerin got a call from Umji telling her to close the shop for the day. She was confused on the sudden order since it was not Umji's nature to cancel work at the flowershop. 

 

"Come at the gallery," Umji told her in haste. Looked like her partner was rushing. But what could she be rushing? "We need to talk to you." 

 

Yerin quirked an eyebrow in confusion. "We? Do you have someone in the gallery?"

 

"Hush unnie. No more questions, just take your here okay?" Umji silenced her for further questioning and abruptly ended the call. 

 

Now what was that?!

 

Yerin was confused and decided not to heed Umji's order. Nope. her partner could not sway her to close the shop. She got a lot of orders coming up requesting for deliveries and here was Umji telling her to close the shop?

 

Never in her life would she close her shop just by some order. She was the freaking owner here! Plus the fact that Umji did not tell her why, so there was really no need to come right?

 

So nope. She will never close her shop. 

 

Yerin went to continue her masterpiece, a standing spray ordered by her neighbor, when her cell phone rang again. She looked at the caller id and saw that it was Umji. Yerin got annoyed and just continued her work again. Now where was she? 

 

But then her phone continued ringing that Yerin heaved a sigh. What does Umji wants? She reluctantly grabbed her phone and switched to speaker mode. "Yes partner?"

 

"Why aren't you here already? Don't tell me you're still at the shop?!" Umji complained. "I told you to come here right? We really need to talk to you."

 

Yerin placed the flower she was holding over the counter as she straightened her back. "Why? Is that really important for me to close the shop? You know I would never close the shop unless it's necessary." 

 

"So you having a cheap breakdown a few days ago was valid?" Umji challenged. 

 

"Wh--of course! And it's not cheap okay?!" Yerin asnwered, a tint of pink registering in her cheeks. She does not want to be reminded of it as she was still trying to recover not being bitter about the whole Eunseo situation. And that was a one time thing only! She will never repeat it again! "What does it have to do with me closing the shop today?"

 

"Well... it means a lot than you think unnie," Umji informed her. "And I think you may want to come here if you don't want Eunseo getting Sinb back."

 

Yerin stiffened. 

 

Was what she heard correct?!

 

Yerin suddenly froze at the mention of the name but she immediately snapped out of it. Now's not the time to be such a coward Yerin! Your friends are helping you now okay? 

 

"I'll be there in 30." She answered Umji and ended the call. She called for a staff to continue the standing spray and rushed to the staff room, grabbed her belongings and went out of the flowershop.

 

She would never give Sinb to Eunseo.

 

----

 

Yerin does not understand how did she agreed to Yuju's plot of making Sinb realise her feelings. She knew Yuju just wanted to help, but it never crossed her mind that the list Yuju gave her was utterly unbelievable. Yerin swore that the plan would be a hundred percent failure. 

 

Either Sinb would really realise her feelings or she would really fall hard for Sinb.

 

"Trust me on this one Yerin," Yuju told her while patting her back. As if Yerin was getting encouraged by the pat. "Sinb would get away from Eunseo once you do the things on that list." 

 

"How are you sure?" Sowon asked. She grabbed the piece of paper out from Yerin's hand and smirked while reading it. "Ooohh. I like this plan." 

 

Yuju smiled, "Of course! That's the best idea out of what you've proposed to us." 

 

Sowon glared at the redhead. How dare she insinuate that her ideas are bad?! "Mine's good enough you know?!"

 

"What did you plan?" Yerin asked Sowon, intrigued. 

 

"Something along the lines of 'offering Sinb a sensual massage' and 'simply making out." Umji flatly answered. "As if that would really help your case partner." 

 

Yerin blushed at the thought of it. Gosh! Get a grip of yourself Yerin! 

 

Sowon looked at the blushing Yerin and laughed. Oh my, her friend was so whipped thinking dirty thoughts! "Look who's blushing guys. She's literally into my idea." 

 

"Wh--no!" Yerin retaliated as she slapped Sowon. "You've been putting meanings to my reactions, you silly!"

 

"But can you really do it Yerin unnie?" Umji warily asked. If it were to Umji, Yuju's plan was a bit ridiculous but she have to stick with too. With Sinb's ex-girlfriend around and Sinb's history with that woman, Yerin needs to do something. "I mean, some of the task here needs a lot of confidence." 

 

"Don't you believe in Yerin?" Sowon said while still warding off the slaps of Yerin. "She could do it just fine. Right?" She glanced at the brunette who was having a hard time controlling her pink cheeks from further getting red. 

 

"I-I could try," Yerin answered honestly. 

 

Yuju patted Yerin's back hard, Yerin swore if it had not for her ribcage, her lungs might get out of her body. "Eyy!!! Don't try, do it! We're all rooting for you against Eunseo!" 

 

Yerin caressed her back from the impact. Damn these friends of hers. "Fine, fine. I'll do it." 

 

"Yes!" Sowon cheered. "Now this meeting's over. Who's up for some Gilbeys here?" 

 

----

 

Sinb could not help but wonder how Yerin was taking a little bit extra in taking care of her. She could not help it, even if she tried to focus on other things, her crush manages to disrupt her train of thoughts. Like how she forget to drink her milk the other night and just went straight to bed to rest her tired body. Yerin came out of the room to check if she really did drink her milk and when she found out that the glass was untouched, she made her another one and woke her up. 

 

"You don't go skipping on drinking milk Sinb." She clearly remembered her saying. 

 

Sinb drank it of course, despite the taste being unfavorable. If it was someone who dare try push her into drinking milk, she swore to glare at them or even throw the nasty thing out the drain. But it was Yerin, and everything her crush would make, she would definitely take. Even if it was a stupid milk. 

 

Sometimes she does not know why she needs to drink milk every night. Skipping a night won't do harm to her right? But when Yerin pats her head after drinking and tasting the horrible milk, Sinb knew she was doing it for the attention. Ah. She found herself liking the attention Yerin would give her. It would always make her heart race and her face would blush. 

 

She liked the feeling too much.

 

Well who would not be if it  was your crush giving you the attention?

 

Another time was when Yerin forgot to give her lunch. She remembered how Yerin called her and said sorry to her. To Sinb, that was not a big deal since she could order herself some meal, but it seemed Yerin would not take it lightly. 

 

Sinb remembered how Yerin came busting inside her room with a lunch bag in hand and told her to eat. And being such a worrywart, Yerin began feeding her while she was in the middle of work. It might seem a bit childish and over the top, but Sinb was liking it. She does not mind even if Yerin were to do that everyday. 

 

She feels pampered and special.

 

"Hey Sinb," 

 

Sinb sat up straight as she snap out of her thoughts. She looked to where the voice came from and saw Eunseo with a stack of folders in hand. Oh yeah right, she was her mother's replacement for a week.

 

Wait, didn't a week passed yet? 

 

How come Eunseo was still here? 

 

And she still has yet to know why Jessica chose her ex-girlfriend to be her replacement. 

 

There were many questions inside Sinb, but she decided to ponder on that later on. She kept a business facade as Eunseo approached her. Sinb could not deny however that with Eunseo around, she could not help but feel wary, like meeting her was prohibited and yet they keep on meeting. 

 

"From Jessica?" Sinb asked to which Eunseo only nodded. She gave Sinb the folders and the pink-haired woman examined papers until one last sheet caught her attention. 

 

"Choose: let's eat lunch together or kiss me." 

 

Sinb quirked an eyebrow and looked at Eunseo. "What's this?" 

 

"Just choose, whatever you pick, we'll do it today." Eunseo told her with a smile evident on her face. "It's a win-win, right?" 

 

Sinb just stared at her. A win-win? She does not get it and tried to look at the paper once again. She gets to have lunch with her if she does not choose to her kiss her?

 

But Yerin always take her to lunch. She could not afford it. Plus, she promised Yerin that she would have lunch to the flowershop. 

 

But if she choose kiss... She would get to kiss Eunseo again. Which was kind of problematic given their status. Sinb does not want to be seen kissing Eunseo out in the public area and her office was part of all things public, since people rarely knock in her goddamn door. But if they were in a private area, would she kiss her? 

 

The hell she does not know. 

 

And so she kept mum again, eyes travelling back and forth from Eunseo and the sheet of paper. 

 

Just then the door opened and revealed Yerin clad in a white long sleeves and denim jumper that covers up to her ankles. Sinb froze because of two things. First was the way Yerin stunned her with the choice of clothing. Yerin was cute, Sinb thought, and y all at the same time. If it only had not with the see-through long sleeves, Sinb swore she could manage her beating heart. 

 

But Yerin seemed not to give her heart a break. 

 

And second was, Yerin saw her with her ex-girlfriend. Together. Inside the office. She was only hoping that Yerin would not think that she was cheating on her, which was likely not to be the case. Because who else would think otherwise given the effing situation?! 

 

Wait.

 

Why did she even thought that Yerin might think she was cheating on her? 

 

Yerin does not know she was crushing over her right? So get a grip on yourself, Hwang...

 

"You? What are you even doing here?" Eunseo asked, checking Yerin in place. 

 

Yerin just smiled at her and went closer to Sinb, grabbed her hand, and assisted the pregnant woman in getting out of the office. But before Sinb could walk further away from her humongous table, her other hand was caught by Eunseo.

 

Oh sister...

 

Now all Sinb wanted was the world to collapse on her at that very moment.

 

"She still has to choose," Eunseo said to Yerin. Then the former's eyes travelledd to Sinb as if saying that Aphrodite's daughter need to choose. "Lunch or kiss?"

 

Yerin raised an eyebrow and looked at Sinb for an answer. No way she would choose lunch right? But if she won't choose lunch then Eunseo would kiss her and that's...

 

"Eunseo has a lot up her sleeves I'll tell you. And what we'll do is take her game away." She remembered Yuju telling her. 

 

"Whatever she will give or do to Sinb, remember to give back twice at what was given. Okay?" 

 

"Let me choose for her," Yerin cut the staring contest. "Sinb will not choose lunch since she's going with me. Right Sinb?"

 

Sinb looked at her surprised. Does this mean it's okay for her to have a kiss with Eunseo? Suddenly, Sinb's heart slowed for a bit. It was clear that she was disappointed. 

 

But she really has no choice here right? 

 

Somehow she wanted Yerin to secure the answer for her again, like the many times she did. But it seemed Yerin was satisfied to just have a lunch with her. 

 

"So I'll kiss her then," Eunseo declared and motioned for Sinb's chin. But before she close the gap between hers and Sinb, she darted her gaze to the brunette observing them. "You won't mind if I kiss her right?" 

 

Yerin shook her head and smiled. "I'm just playing your game." 

 

And so Eunseo kissed Sinb, and all the latter could do was to close her eyes and feel the weight of Eunseo's lips against hers.

 

Yerin withdrew her gaze from the kissing duo, eyes full of hurt. I need to endure this, she thought. Somehow Yerin wanted Sinb to decide for herself on that matter. But it seemed Sinb wanted to kiss Eunseo too. 

 

She bit her lip. So this was what Yuju was saying all along. Eunseo really had these kind of ways. Yerin counted the seconds. 

 

1

 

2

 

3 seconds.

 

"I think you're done here," Yerin cut them off and pushed Sinb gently behind her back. "You got to kiss her, now it's my turn to get her lunch." 

 

----

 

It was a quiet ride inside the cab, Yerin did not talk to Sinb and the latter was worried. Sinb perfectly knew that what happened earlier made Yerin out of mood. Oh Mama Mary, what should Sinb do?! 

 

"Uhm, Yerin?" Sinb warily checked Yerin.

 

"I'm trying not to talk to you Sinb," Yerin flatly answered that Sinb kept quiet. 

 

Sinb knew it. 

 

Oh good Lord, just what should she do to so that Yerin would not get angry at her?

 

Yerin glanced at the pink-haired woman and smiled. She saw how Sinb was worried and vexing on how she should explain. I can put up with that, Yerin thought as an idea swept up her mind. She reached for Sinb's other cheek so that Aphrodite's daughter would face her. 

 

"I'm going to ask you a question and you need to answer me honestly," Yerin said. She saw how Sinb tensed and the latter orbs looking everywhere. "How's the kiss?" 

 

"Wh-what?" Sinb asked nervously. Why would Yerin ask that question?! Of course... of course what?

 

What did she feel when Eunseo kissed her? 

 

It was all in haste so the kiss did not even registered inside her mind. All she was thinking back then was Yerin's reaction to all that happened. She was busy thinking of a way not to aggravate nor make Yerin feel uneasy with her ex-girlfriend. 

 

Sinb took a minute in answering her and Yerin's smile dropped. She let go of Sinb's cheeks and sighed internally. "Never mind what I asked. It's not even important." She told off the other woman and continued staring at the window. 

 

Damn, why did she even ask when she perfectly knew the answer? 

 

"A-Are you mad?" Sinb asked. 

 

Yerin looked at Sinb and smiled. "No, I was just anticipating your answer. But no worries, B. I'm not mad at you." 

 

B?

 

Since when did she start calling her B? 

 

Sinb blushed at the new name. It feels like she has gotten closer to Yerin, upgrading from Aphrodite's daughter to just simply B. Plus the fact that "B" sounded natural when Yerin says it. 

 

"You're blushing again B," Yerin teased and chuckled. "Might be the new nickname?" 

 

"N-no I'm not!" Sinb said as she cupped her cheeks.

 

"Awww, it's so obvious you know," Yerin teased as she tried to tickle the blushing Sinb. "Do you like me calling you that? Actually I just came up with that awhile ago since your ex-girlfriend called you by your name too."

 

Oh.

 

Sinb glanced at Yerin. Could she be jealous over a trivial thing? The thought made Sinb's heart race. 

 

"Are you, Yerin, by any means jealous over that?" Sinb found her bravado to return a question of  her own. Soon, she saw how Yerin avoided eye contact and the more Sinb blushed. Calm your horses Sinb! Don't assume things yet!

 

Yerin suddenly pouted. "If I tell you that I am, whay would you do?" 

 

Sinb's world stopped for a moment. No actually, I think, it stopped entirely.

 

Holy cheeseballs! 

 

Her cute reckless being was jealous?! 

 

Sinb could not contain the feels as butterflies swirled inside her stomach. She swore even the baby was kicking inside! Sinb chuckled a loud one got Yerin confused. 

 

"You're laughing at me!" Yerin complained but was smiling too. She even poked Sinb's tummy and made a cute voice, "look baby, your mom's mean to me!"

 

Sinb caressed her womb while controlling her fit. "I didn't know you're capable of feeling that."

 

"And what's that supposed to mean?" Yerin asked.

 

"I actually can't imagine you getting jealous over something that's trivial." 

 

----

 

They were at the flowershop and just finished eating their lunches. Yerin went to supervise the employees as they make sprays and bouquets for delivery. Sinb was observing too, having spare minutes before going back to work. 

 

As Sinb was looking at the shop, there was kid who ran and bumped her. She was about to help but the kid ran away from her, crying as she looked for her mother. Sinb followed to where the kid went and saw the mother already soothing the child to ease from crying. 

 

"What happened to you?" Asked the mother to her child as Sinb approached them. 

 

"I bumped to some fat woman!" The child cried. 

 

Wait. What?!

 

Sinb's eyebrow twitched at what she heard. What did this little kid told of her?! I'm not fat! I'm pregnant! Sinb screamed inside her head. 

 

"What's the matter here Ma'am?" Yerin asked as she held Sinb by the arm. Then the mother explained and said sorry in behalf of her crying child about Sinb being a fat woman. "It's okay Ma'am, don't worry." Assured Yerin but Sinb was furious. 

 

Sinb walked away from the scene and glared at Yerin for no apparent reason. She was just in a bad mood. She was thinking of going back to the office, no scratch that, she does not want to go to the office because some kid ruined her mood. 

 

Sinb brisk walked and hailed a bus. Ugh, why did she not even brought her car?! Now she needs to commute to god knows where. 

 

She managed to get inside despite the bus being full and standing. Added to her annoyance were the people seated at the priority seats when they're not even disabled. Pssshh..these good for nothing ladies, she thought in irritation.

 

"Excuse me, going through!" A familiar voice said. Sinb turned around and saw Yerin making her to way to her. "There you are!" 

 

They were now stucked in the middle of the bus, bodies pressed together because of the crowding passengers. Still, Yerin made space for Sinb and the baby so they could not be squeezed by other passengers. Sinb was grateful that her cute reckless being came to her. But hell no would she acknowledge it yet. 

 

Oh damn the hormones, Sinb thought. 

 

Why did she even ran away from some harmless statement of a child?! 

 

But she felt hurt. Does she really look fat now? Her insecurity got the best of her, damn.

 

"Why did you even follow me? I'm just going to work," Sinb flatly said. 

 

"There are reasons," Yerin started. "First, you just ditched me there without even saying you're going back. Second, this bus' route does not go to your workplace. And third, why shouldn't I?" 

 

"Why shouldn't you?" Sinb asked, words laced with bitterness in it. "I don't even know why so don't ask me."

 

Yerin knew it was the freaking hormones again that was why Sinb was acting like that. And to tell that Sinb was not whispering anymore and the crowded passengers could hear them talking. 

 

"Look B, what the kid told you was not true okay? So don't believe baseless statements."

 

"Tell me, am I fat?" Sinb asked her. 

 

Oh no. It's that question other mothers fear.

 

Yerin shook her head. "You're not." 

 

"Liar," Sinb sneered. She was pissed. "I would never wear these kinds if dresses if I'm not fat." 

 

Yerin sighed. Of course, she'll say that, she thought. "Hey you guys!" She called the attention of the passengers. "Do you think she's fat?!" 

 

Sinb blushed out of embarassment. What the hell?! Why did Yerin asked them that?! "What are you doing?!" She whispered to Yerin. 

 

The passenger told their no and Yerin was pleased. "Thank you!" Now her attention came back to Aphrodite's daughter. "See, they say you're not fat, because you aren't really."

 

"They're only saying that because you asked them," Sinb still argued.

 

"You're not fat Sinb. Shouldn't you be proud because you're carrying a baby? Because if I were you, I would be," Yerin said, garnering Sinb's attention. "Are you afraid no one's going to like you? Are you insecure?" 

 

Sinb kept quiet. How does she understand her train of thoughts? She hung her head low as if to acknowledge what Yerin said. 

 

Yerin then placed both her palms over Sinb's cheeks. "Hey look at me. Trust me when I say you're not fat or any other thing that makes you insecure. You're Aphrodite's daughter remember? You're a goddess and what you're carrying is a demigod. Both are beautiful and rare. I count myself lucky because I have both of you." 

 

Sinb blushed. It was warm, the feeling that was inside her, like summer. She does not know how Yerin put words like that but she does not care. She loved it. She loved every word that came from Yerin's mouth. 

 

"Do I need to say more?" Yerin asked for some confirmation to which Sinb only shook her head albeit in a shy manner. Yerin smiled at the sight, and though she knew people were looking, she just could not resist the knot building inside her that she said, "then let me help you believe more in me." 

 

Sinb looked up to her, confused on what else Yerin would say. But it was not words that greeted Sinb, but a kiss from her crush.

 

It was warm and long and it filled every senses of Sinb. It was another kiss she knew she would never forget again. For who would forget a kiss from their crush? 

 

Yerin parted and Sinb was left blushing. "Why did you do that in this kind of set up?" She whispered to Yerin. Her cute reckless being only chuckled but leaned closer. 

 

"Because I want to. Don't you think it's romantic to end it with a kiss?" 

 

"B-but we're not even in a romantic place. We're in a freaking crowded bus!" Sinb answered in a whisper. 

 

"That makes it more memorable, B. I'll take you to things unexpected." Yerin said then held Sinb's hand in hers. "So let's get out of this bus and we'll see what can we do for the rest of the day." 

 

Sinb smiled and agreed to go out with Yerin. No one knows where they went but it was sure that Yerin took Sinb to someplace unexpected again. 

 

-oo0oo-

(28) Under The Lights And Into The Open Parking Lot

 

-oo0oo-

And I'm back from the dead! The past days been hellish for me :/ Oh, and look where we are right now, we're on the 27th chapter already...

Niwes, hope you like this update. We really are experiencing a crisis in Sinrin :/ I need a real life interaction uwuuu :(((