Chapter 2

Tap that Heart! Click that Beat!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 2

 

Small little words can make a start of something special and create an impact of a lifetime. It can make someone go uneasy but with such tranquility that tags with it in some occasions, especially when these short yet somehow viewed as important words are heard for the very first time, at an unexpected time and a much unforeseen moment. Like how the words came and said, it is likewise how feelings and confused emotions come through.                                  

 

"PrettyRubyJane..."

 

A very frantic and restless Lisa mumbles this name throughout her day in the campus. She spent most of her precious time thinking of this situation which she considers mind-boggling, something out of her line. From the first moment her phone vibrated, from reading the message again and again, to just staring at this seen message on the group chat so clueless and blank but has been left hanging the entire time Lisa mentally and internally panicked, enough for her heart to race its beats.                                 

 

"What should I do with this? Why am I this awkward? How do I respond to this?" Lisa whined so in order not to be heard in this library engulfed with silence.

 

Jisoo who is always with her during study breaks such as this one playfully slapped her by the shoulders and hisses, "You've been whining about that since yesterday that I made you join and thanks to you I couldn’t sleep properly. Now I look like a zombie just like you!”

 

“But unnie…” Lisa went on with her buzzes, almost in the verge of tearing up on top of the book she didn’t bother flipping on the table.

 

With another light slap by Lisa’s shoulder, Jisoo again tries to hush her by murmuring, “Whether you reply or not, whether you talk on that group chat or not, it's not a big deal. Most members do that and they just ignore greetings sometimes too. Some are even inactive these days for personal reasons since they have their own private life and problems too. We just assembled together for Jennie Kim’s sake. It's nothing to worry about so quit those whines. You're getting even weirder seriously."                          

 

Lisa then fights up close to Jisoo's face and goes on with her whines, "This wouldn't have happened to me if you didn't make me join that group chat. You know I'm socially awkward and I don't even have many friends here yet you did it. How much more in this group chat where I don’t even know their faces or even their voices? You should have asked anything but this forcing me to join this. Now look, it's been 24 hours and I haven't replied and for me this is so pressuring. I feel bad for not even saying thank you or even a simple greeting too. I cannot even find the user's message anymore since some of the members are too active chatting as well."                              

 

Jisoo giggles over Lisa’s exaggerated reaction and hardly utters, "Are you really that aloof in talking to other people? Damn girl, try to get out of your comfort zone, out of your cage and meet new people. Who knows if you can be close friends with someone from there and meet in person, right? Besides the members of the group chat is just from this country and who knows some of them also study here right? Just socialize, chat, tap emojis, and know more people and if one day they suddenly disappear then so be it. As I said, it’s not a big deal for you to be this frantic."

 

"Seriously..." Lisa felt drained and just hit her head on top of the pile of books on the table.                                     

 

"And oh by the way… It’s about that user named PrettyRubyJane, I rarely see her active in the group chat but she often tweets some quotes of even person stuffs I guess." Jisoo further adds some information and continues on telling, "She just welcomes new members, then she'll ask what do you think of Jennie Kim then after that she disappears again. She’s like a ghost I have to say. Maybe she's just as problematic as you when it comes to socializing and perhaps as weird as you are that she cannot bring herself to expose too much with other people."

 

"But still... how..." Lisa cries a little bit louder and catching some readers' attention around her.                  

 

One of the students who noticed her loud yet cute whines and cries is Chaeyoung who happens to be on the same place, grabbing her own materials while having some eyes admiring on her still. Staring at Lisa, she slowly scans her, from her messy blonde hair yet perfectly suits her personality, Lisa's pouts that look so cute on her lips up until to her eyes that still shine despite of her childish tears. Chaeyoung notes all of these features from a distance, smiling thrilled as she does.                                            

 

"Chaeng, what's wrong?" One of her friends tapped her back as she spaced out smiling towards Lisa.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter