Chapter 18

Tap that Heart! Click that Beat!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 18

 

It's better to get hurt by the truth that penetrates the heart than to be comforted by lies that only gives temporary happiness. It's better to be stabbed by reality that gives the actual image than be delusional with fantasy that only appears in mind. It's better to know the facts and be enlightened than to pretend blind and stay in the unknown. For knowing the truth and living into reality is the only way to see a clear path for decisions and future, this can only be accepted.

 

"Thanks for the hard work today! I’ll see you all tomorrow and let’s keep working hard!" Jennie politely bowed to the staffs and to her co-stars for her drama.                         

 

Jennie always says this line every time she ends her day for filming her drama and all her work schedules. She flashes her kind smile, radiates her sincerity and gives off such friendliness. Yet, however, no matter how angelic she tries to be, only a few is pleased, only some returns the same kindness and these days in particular, she hears murmurs and gossips from the workers around her that makes her feel isolated and arrested from her position, slowly being eaten by darkness around her.

 

"She will go and have a date with the producer." One of the workers said as if so certain without questions and doubts in her words that she spit out of while she packs up the props left in the scene.                        

 

And the co-worker laughs and gossips more, "I saw the producer going straight to his car right after our wrap up. They might really go out and meet again after this. What if they will actually go together and he’s just waiting for Jennie at the parking lot already? The news must be true after all if that’s really the case."                           

 

Jennie clearly heard all of this happening behind her back right after she gave them her most sincere greetings and her smile instantly faded and a bullet that pained her heart, feeling betrayed by the people she thought her comrades for her work. Though she didn't let anyone notice how painful it is for her to be hearing all these malicious comments and gossips, and how these gossips and hate towards her just won't die easily, she cannot hide it to herself how much it hurts inside that her heart is breaking, that her mind got corrupted and that she couldn't even move her body on the spot anymore.       

 

"Ignore them... they got nothing to do better with their lives but to keep on working as part-time staffs here. After your drama filming ends, you won’t be able to see them again for your work." Her manager patted her head after he noted how her eyes are starting to get watery as if her tears are going to fall down anytime soon.                   

 

"They just don't have anything to do with their boring life that's why they gossip about you just like what your manager said. Besides, we've already proved it's not true so there's nothing to worry about. If they still believe such hoax and choose to attack and gossip you using it, they might have lost their brain cells." Her stylist followed up and tried to comfort the depressed Jennie.

 

Jennie frowns very low however still and expresses dejectedly, "Yes we've proved that the news is not true but still why is this hate from the people exists? Even if we have proved it wrong, did it really change anything? Is the perception of the people about me changed? Did it heal my wounds...? Nothing changed. People still look at me the same... People still think I’m a and people still judge me and it feels like I’m still in a hot pot being boiled… but why..."          

 

The manager and her stylist helplessly sighed and the latter can only say, "C'mon. Let's get out of this place before we can hear more senseless words from people and get into your head then make you depress. And since your schedule for today finished early, you can have your rest. Let your mind relax and rest your heart from all of this mess."

 

"I want to meet a friend later to discuss some matters with her. She's one of the persons I can count on lately so I want to relax and hang out a bit with her. Also, I don’t want to be alone right now since I might only end up thinking more about all these things inside my head. So, I want to meet her right after this. Can I? I promise I won’t take too long. And if you want, you can drive me to our meeting place." Jennie weakly smiled after denying her stylist’s advises.                        

 

"Ah yeah. Your new friend Chaeyoung, isn’t it? You talked about her once when she came to visit you in the agency." Her manager asked and Jennie nodded. "As long as you won't get caught wandering around then it's alright. Be extra careful because the public’s eyes are still on fire at you." He then said.                                 

 

On the other hand, the three friends officially ended their classes for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter