Chapter 19

Tap that Heart! Click that Beat!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 19

 

A truth that indeed hurts, a truth that kills inside, a truth that struck like a thunder, roasting and electrifying every piece of a cracked heart, very line of vein that flows that it make everything seems difficult to fathom, making all things so unclear that it’s hard to counter and express the right emotions. The truth may seem so shocking and hurts after a long-term believing in lies, cover-ups and deceptions but the results and consequences give way to answers and where people should stand.                                         

 

Two pairs of eyes that are so wide, shocked and stunned finally met and crossed its path. Two hearts that beat so loud, tapping and clicking so fast have at last found a way to be connected. Two souls that meet and found its other half in the most unexpected way, can they handle the unforeseen and bewildering moment that stopped their worlds upon them.

 

“You…” Chaeyoung gasped at the unanticipated appearance of her friend, witnessing the meet up she shouldn’t be seeing.

 

"J-jennie..." Lisa couldn't utter more than just hardly pronouncing Jennie's name out from her dried cold mouth, with so many questions and so many emotions flowing into her, unable to speak out her rumbled mind at the moment.

 

Jennie first broke their eye contact as she looks down unsteadily and internally panicking as she also barely speaks, "W-what are you... doing here Lisa? Y-you’re not supposed to be here."                                                  

 

And the one who's the most frantic, Chaeyoung who was stunned for a minute because of Lisa's unexpected appearance, finally came in between to cut their connection and stammers with a tint of dread, "Hey Lisa! Did you follow me all the way here? This isn't your way back to your dorm! And weren’t you with Jisoo-unnie? Why are you here and how?”               

 

However, Chaeyoung was left ignored and unanswered as Lisa forces her shaky legs to stride forward towards Jennie's stand, passing by Chaeyoung who didn’t do a thing to stop her and getting close to whom her eyes are darting at. And now that she has achieved closer look, she confirmed Jennie's identity under that black cap she's wearing and earned a jaw dropping from her own mouth, in a state of shock now that she has her up close.   

 

Though her mind is still in the process of recollecting her thoughts and doubts, Lisa lets her heart do the talking as she hisses with her trembling voice, "Nini... you're the Nini I know... right? Please tell me the truth. I want to know… Please…"                                                                     

 

"Lisa just—" Chaeyoung wanted to in to interrupt them yet again and put a stop on Lisa's growing doubts but she was cut off with her intentions when Jennie moved herself from her stand, moving towards Lisa closer with her smallest baby steps to look closely into Lisa eyes with her guilty and off guard stance.                                       

 

"I am." Jennie said as she gathered all her bravery while looking into Lisa's widening eyes once again. "Yes, you heard me right. I'm PrettyRubyJane, I'm Nini. I’m that person who has been talking to you all the time. I’m that person Lisa. It’s me…" She then repeated clearly then her eyes turned teary.

 

And it all comes back to Lisa, everything, from every single moment that they shared. Those days when it gave her the feeling, those days when she couldn't deny it herself the similarity between the two and those days that the real Jennie gave her the same shake of heart as of what the Jennie from online made her feel it all comes back to her now. Now it all makes sense to her and now that she has found answers, still nevertheless, something in her feels bothered.

 

"So I was right... my guts and doubts were right all along. I should have known. I should have just asked you directly…" Lisa said so low as if her energy drained mentally that her head dropped low as well, her eyes straight to the ground, afraid to look into those guilty eyes of Jennie.

 

"I didn't really mean to hide it or anything from you. I just..." Chaeyoung attempted to explain herself but as she watches Lisa's back completely bent, not her usual firm one, she knew her friend is totally confused and feeling unknown for the moment, making her speechless and unable to say anything more.                      

 

Knowing and somewhat expecting this reaction from Lisa, Jennie looks at Chaeyoung from afar with a request, "I'm sorry Chaeyoung but can I talk with Lisa for a moment, just the two of us? I'll be the one to explain everything to her, from how it started and just simply everything. Please, I want to be alone with her. I think this is the perfect and right time. There’s no way we can hide it anymore, right?"            

 

Helpless, Chaeyoung can only weakly nod and slowly walks away from the scene with one last glance of the scene she's leaving, without leaving a word for the two left in their positions before she did so. Feeling guilty somewhere in her heart that she kept mum about the facts of the girl that Lisa has been searching for, her thoughts and guilt for hiding just won't leave her alone, not anytime soon until the two will find solution for their situation.

 

"Oh! Chaeyoung!" From the other side of the street where she's taking on caused by her legs that took her to nowhere, is Jisoo who is surprised and taken aback  too at the sight of Chaeyoung being all alone in her walk as if she’s lifeless.                             

 

Chaeyoung forced out a smile as she approaches Jisoo, meeting at the middle, but then she instantly frowns, "Unnie, I did something wrong today. But then I don't really know. I don't know what to do either. I just feel guilty. I know I’m at fault too but I don’t know how to apologize of what to say yet. I just… feel sad right now."

 

Jisoo is confused of what Chaeyoung is saying, more confused with that frown and sadness written all over her face for she knows none of the real circumstances going on behind her back. Yet despite of the confusion, Jisoo chose to flash her sweet smile for her friend, she chose not to get swayed with Chaeyoung's emotions and chose to show the opposite, because that's the way Jisoo does it for her precious friend in need of help, a need for her friend to cheer up and smile through the sadness.

 

"I don't know why you're sad. I don’t know why a pretty woman like you is out here all alone frowning and lonely. Who knows what happened to that errand you went to but I can see it didn't go well because of how you are now in front of me. But since you're with me for this moment and whatever happened has been done and we cannot rewind back the time anymore, why don't we just hang out together instead and have fun? You know, let’s unwind and even if it’s just temporary, forget everything." Jisoo grinned wide to cheer up Chaeyoung.                   

 

Chaeyoung can see how Jisoo exerts genuine effort for her, how she genuinely cares for her through those simple encouragements. Jisoo has always been this way for her and for Lisa, a real role model for them to see the brighter side of everything no matter what it is and whatever the circumstances they are in. Jisoo is always there to ensure they are safe and protected. And it’s always been this way yet only now that Chaeyoung sees and realizes how huge of a help her simple act of kindness can be.

 

With a huge smile in her lips, Chaeyoung happily nodded, "Sure unnie! I’d love to hang out with you. It’s been a while too so let’s have some fun."

 

On the other hand, Jennie and Lisa both stayed still for long in their respective positions, wasting long minutes and letting the sun set. No one dared to move an inch as both of them are trying to recollect themselves from all their scattered thoughts and thinking of how to handle such situation they are both not prepared off. Jennie, feeling guilty and thundered she couldn’t be that woman that the public expects her to be, the woman with so muc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter