Chapter 13

Tap that Heart! Click that Beat!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 13

 

‘A sincere smile is the beginning of love, the start of trust and stronger form of bond as well as a promise.’ and so some people believe in these words. In just one simple stretch of lips dedicated only for her, that smile which can only be shown for her, and the happiness it brings that only they can share in such momentous times of togetherness, the emotional attachment can only be greater and doubled.                                                

 

The crowned as luckiest fan of the day Lisa, continues her so-called ‘date’ with the brightest star of the generation, Jennie Kim. Together they walk through the wide area of the campus yet with a crowded way as they visit more booths one by one suggested personally by Lisa. Though cameras are pointed at them and people endlessly screaming Jennie's name, nothing else matters for them as they both enjoy each other's company.                             

 

“Aren’t you affected or bothered by the cameras flashing everywhere and people who are following us?” The curious Jennie questioned upon noticing Lisa’s pleased expression that shows not a single sign of annoyance towards the crowd endlessly tailing them.

 

Lisa looks around them and only shrugs off her shoulders as she states coolly, “Well, they are hurting me and also they are not saying bad things towards you too so far so I don’t really care about them. Though I admit I was really nervous at first because I’m really not into these types of activities. But seriously, once I heard at least one of these people around here throwing hate on you and being an , that’s the time I’ll get affected, probably. You see, no one has the right to judge you in the first place.”

 

“You’re really surprisingly good with words that it makes me hard to believe you’re that weird kind of person as you and your friends say and adding that you told me you’re socially awkward.” Jennie laughed merrily and so Lisa joined her in laughter.

 

All the way through the long walk and checking every booth they pass by, Jennie would take those smallest chances to take a glimpse of Lisa, looking up at her and watch her talking, guiding her gently better than her usual daily bodyguards do until to those small gestures of care. Jennie noted all of this alertness from her date and cannot take off the thrill she feels that made her heart burst from beating so much.

 

"Here... I haven't tried this booth yet but I heard from people walking around that it's one of the bests. This is just a room used by student council for their meetings but for this festival, they decided to convert it into a booth." Lisa proudly introduced a small café decorated simply and eagerly guided Jennie inside it.                      

 

As soon as they entered, they closed the door to prevent some persistent fans from forcing their way inside just to take pictures and chanting Jennie's name nonstop. At long last, as they are finally in a quiet and peaceful café being run by well-disciplined students, here the two, together with the manager sitting from a far corner, spend time together. 

 

“Finally some peace isn’t it?” Lisa joked and offered Jennie a seat across her on the small table they occupied in the middle of the café.

 

Jennie widely stretched her arms up and agrees, “You’re right. It suddenly feels so peaceful. Thank you for bringing me here.”

 

Lisa with a successful and victorious grin, she hands over a glass of drink for Jennie saying, “You’re always welcome. Besides, I saw and noticed how stressed you’re slowly getting out there so I decided to put you here too so that you can at least have your rest.”

 

“Thank you for taking Jennie in here! You sure have sharp senses! You helped us a lot out there.” Jennie’s manager loudly said from afar and Lisa could only force out a smile for him as she’s expecting Jennie to tell her those exact words for her.

 

A quick sip of the latté and Jennie asks friendly, "So Lisa... can you tell me more about you? I mean if you don’t mind, then I’d like to know you more aside from not being a huge fan of mine…"

 

“Huh? Am I that noticeable that I’m not a huge fan? God, this is embarrassing…” Lisa blushed and lowered down her head in embarrassment.    

 

And Jennie quickly diverted from Lisa’s worries as she insists, “So, can you tell me more about you now as a compensation for being not my fan yet still winning the raffle?”                         

 

"I'm an exchange student from Thailand. I'm just an ordinary student to be honest. I'm not rich too and we’re just in middle class. I just got lucky to be able to get the scholarship here because of my grades. I'm weird as my friend Jisoo-unnie always says to me and even Chaeyoung has been recently saying the same thing. Also, I'm not used to describe myself since I rarely get asked to do so. I let others do it for me and people love defining me so I can't tell you much. Sorry..." Lisa shyly smiled and sipped on her own drink to calm herself.                 

 

"I don't think you're weird though. You're just being yourself. You know, individual differences make us and each person unique." Jennie commented plainly with a nod to lighten up Lisa’s burden.                                                                          

 

"Y-you're right." Lisa could only nod back at her remarks then adds to keep the conversation going, "Well I don't know if I should still ask you the same question because everyone knows who you are already and almost all information about you is all over

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter