Chapter 9

Tap that Heart! Click that Beat!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 9

 

Being able to hold someone special and physically be with them is absolutely a good feeling and such memorable sensation. It brings people closer and chances that it can deepen relationships. But to hear her voice and let the wave of her tone ease the mind is such a treasure, and nothing can be compared to this unforgettable impression that flows through the body, heart and soul. A voice that serves a great rhythm, what else can match it?                 

 

Lisa's smile just refuses to stop from going wider each second and her heart can only keep on skipping and jumping. The beat of her heart just declines to slow down and it just consistently go louder and faster as well, rendering her so much emotions that she cannot take control of anymore. She cannot stop this excitement and a lot more positivity flowing to her for this moment, at last, she heeds Nini's voice she's been craving to hear.

 

"So, are you surprised? I’m sorry that I called you out of nowhere. I just decided to do so right now that I have an hour break from work." Nini awkwardly tittered from the other line after Lisa's compliment and a long pause from her but only her fast loud breathes were heard.                    

 

Lisa nodded fast while she breaks out sweat starting from her forehead and properly sits up straight like a military with her chest out and chins up by the thick grasses and stammers, "Y-yeah... I'm just... what should I say? I'm uhh... I'm sorry too...? I m-mean is that uhh… how should I say it? I’m just maybe sorry? I don’t know… God I’m so nervous…" 

 

"For what? You’re really weird and oh, I like your voice too by the way, though you kind of sound nervous like I am." Nini asked and can be heard still giggling.

 

Lisa rubbed her free hand against her lap and said with her nervousness piling up higher, "You know... how I greeted you with my nag. I thought it's my unnie who was calling since she's the only one calling me during classes."                          

 

Nini exhales out loud to calm down and be cool as she speaks, "I see. But really, don't worry about that. I also called you suddenly and I somewhat expected that you will answer like that. But, what you said is something quite unexpected to be honest."         

 

"Ah, you mean about Chaeyoung and me? Well yeah… I was just overwhelmed of what happened earlier between us." Lisa sighed and finally her stiffed back relaxing slowly.   

 

"It seems like something big happened, huh? Do you want to talk about it? I always tell you my frustrations so perhaps you may also want to share yours. I cannot guarantee that I can help you out but still, by saying it might help you feel lighter a bit." Nini said so monotonous under that evident mask that’s preventing her voice to be clearly heard.

 

Lisa relaxed her body back down the grass as her eyes are glued into the blue sky and tells, "Jisoo-unnie was right all along. Chaeyoung likes me and Jisoo-unnie has been telling me about it but I played cool. Well, I kind of had a feeling too before but since I don't really have that sort of romantic feeling for her, and since I don’t feel the same way as her, I just ignored and I pretended blind eye about it. She confessed to me earlier in front of many students and I just rejected her on the spot. She’s probably being talked about around the campus now. I'm expecting a lot of hate from the people who like her from now on. So right now, I’m kind of scared to go out there because some wrathful students might come at me. You know, sometimes there are just wild fans running around there."

 

"Why did you reject her immediately though? Well if I were you, maybe I'd give it some time before I give an answer since who knows if the friendly feeling will turn into romantic feeling once you hang out more and get to know each other more. Don’t you want to give her a second chance too? It seems like she’s also a rare catch you know…" Nini frankly said but in between her words was her evident unusual high cracking manner.                            

 

"Why you ask... well I..." Lisa's mouth shut down as she now thinks of the reason why she did such a bold act.                   

 

Thinking deeper, Nini has a point. Yet, Lisa strongly held onto what her real self is shouting for, what her heart told her to do so instead of listening to her brain that might agree with Nini. Furthermore, none of what was said towards Chaeyoung was a lie for she fully knows for herself that it all came from deep within, her hundred percent authenticities. And to tell Nini this bold response and these thoughts in her mind, Lisa couldn't bring it up; afraid to be known and looked weirder than how she is already.

 

“Because I was thinking of you…” Lisa shouted at the back of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter