Chapter 4

Tap that Heart! Click that Beat!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 4

 

Deepening a link and developing a bond through mere words without actions to prove, some people may say it's risky and suspicious, some might as well say it's untrusted and only a few says, and that small percent, that it's worth it and it should be treasured. These divided points and views and opinions from people are inevitable, particularly in this modern area of innovation where people barely meet personally, rather form an affiliation with the use of technology. And what if, in this small chance or percent of believing that real connection happens with only words is where they find comfort?

 

'PrettyRubyJane started following you', this is the notification Lisa saw in her account during her class and the very first time her phone rings for the day. The second she woke up, never had she smiled and only now that she was notified with Nini’s activity. In her slight grin she hides from the class, it was only then she realized they have been talking often but never had the chance to check her profile and follow her back.

 

So Lisa starts her own version of stalking while hiding the phone she taps under the table, she quietly stalks Nini's profile where she reads almost all are retweets about Jennie Kim, other models' updates, some tweets about dogs and other animals and only few tweets from her and if she finds one, it immediately catches her attention because of her words.

 

"FML... I hate this... I can’t take this anymore… can I just... die...?" Lisa hardly read the tweet which was just an hour ago and gasped almost loud enough for the whole class to hear her. Again, as she panicked and exaggeratedly reacted to her own accidental action, she unintentionally pressed the like button for the certain tweet, making her even more so restless on her seat.

 

LongLeggedLisa: Hi Nini. I didn't mean to like that tweet. I just accidentally pressed it while I was scrolling. I was only checking on your profile since you followed me and I wanted to follow you back too. 😱                

 

PrettyRubyJane: I know though I was quite shocked when I saw my notifications that you liked that tweet. But it’s okay. Are your fingers that clumsy though? Hehe. 😛                                 

 

LongLeggedLisa: Well, yeah. I easily panic and I always end up being clumsy. Also, I’m not really used of using social media. I know it but because I barely use it, I guess my hands are still trying to adjust to its new thing. Hihihi.  And oh, anyway... are you alright? Mind if I ask what's going on? Your tweet doesn't sound so... right... you know...         

 

PrettyRubyJane: I was just having hard time with my works and a lot more of stuffs going on with life. I think I'm just stressed and I just tweeted out of it. People sometimes snap too, especially when depressed.                                                

 

LongLeggedLisa: We're still young and I hope you are since I don’t really know your age (LOL). Don't dwell yourself too much on work. Learn to enjoy your life first as you being just yourself before minding about other things and other people. It might sound selfish for some people but the key to happiness is all about to love yourself first because if not, how will you learn to love the others too?                                          

 

PrettyRubyJane: Oh...                                  

 

LongLeggedLisa: Oh no! I'm so sorry! Ahhh! My loud mouth! I’m really so sorry. I know I shouldn’t have said those easily. I don’t know what kind of situation you are in and I don’t exactly know how you feel because I am not you and I am not the one who’s in your position. But hey, you're not alone. If you want to or if you feel like to, you can open up and share your problems too. Our chat box is always open. 👍🏼                                       

 

PrettyRubyJane: No one has ever said those things to me. It's my first time. I was just surprised. It’s not that I got speechless because I was somewhat triggered. I got silenced right there because I’m amazed that despite how shy and awkward you are, you’re surprisingly talkative when it comes to giving advises. But thank you very much. You encouraged me a lot with your words. I feel relieved. Count on me too if anything, Lisa. ❤           

 

LongLeggedLisa: No probs Nini~ I'll always be here for you and you know that. ❤             

 

PrettyRubyJane: Is it alright if we keep talking until my work resumes? I don't have anyone to talk with right now and to be honest, I feel like if I keep talking to you especially now that I feel lonely, I might feel better later on.

                               

LongLeggedLisa: Sure! Of course. I’m so on it! To be honest too, I'm in class right now but I'm kind of bored because the professor just keeps reading the book in his hands so yeah... I’d rather be with you and chat more. Hehe. What should we talk about then? Anything? 💪🏻                                 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter