Chapter 14

Tap that Heart! Click that Beat!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 14

 

The closer someone gets into something, the tougher it is to see and achieve it, so they say. The need and want to grasp something, same goes with falling deeper in love with someone, they should go through challenges and one of these thousand challenges is the question whether it is right or wrong, worth it or not... and worst, if it's real or not. The chase can be risky, full of doubts and uncertainties which can shake up their desire and will through this thorny road they take.

 

Days have passed since that joyous festival have commenced. The aftermath of the enjoyment still lingers within the campus, making uproar amongst students up until this very moment especially for the luckiest person for that day, Lisa. Unlike her ordinary days, students wouldn’t mind her existence but as she’s slowly being involved with situations she never imagined she’ll deal with, her world started to make a twist. From rejecting Chaeyoung which has gradually forgotten by students, and now to the day she actually dated the superstar Jennie Kim.

 

“Here comes the lucky fan!” The students teased Lisa as she walks by the corridor, going out of the building as she has finished her classes for the day.

 

“Yeah right…” Lisa rolled her eyes and pretended deaf of the students’ teases that has turned usual for her.

 

"Lisa! How was your date with Jennie? Please tell me more! I want to know more!" And here comes the loudest one when it comes to Jennie, Jisoo who whined and bothered Lisa as she joined her and they now walk together towards the school gate.                          

 

And the annoyed Lisa can only keep answering the same, "Unnie, I've told you everything and you’re starting to become like these students around here who kept teasing me and asking me every single same thing the whole time. We just walked, talked and sat on the café then it ended right there after some more small talk between a fan and an artist. What more do you want me to tell you? You’ve been asking me about that all the time at the dorm too and you won’t even let me sleep at night!"

 

"Like... uhh... you know... maybe if she shared any secrets in between your small talks... I promise I won’t tell anyone!" Jisoo pouted as she insisted.                              

 

"There's none unnie. She just talked about same information that you see everywhere on the internet." Lisa rolled her eyes but smirked as soon as she turned her back to Jisoo and paced faster than her.                    

 

The hopeless Jisoo hopped beside her long legged friend as they continue walking and yet throws another question to move on from Jennie, "And how about that special friend of yours? Nini? You're not talking much about her recently. So, did you fight? Any misunderstandings? Or she forgot about you already?"                 

 

"Because she's not talking too much to me these days, rarely on chat, not even calls... I don’t know what’s going on with her mind right now. As far as I believe, the last time we talked, we were just fine and normal, only that her words were limited I should say. There’s no misunderstanding or fight that happened too. I want to convince myself that she’s just busy with her works but sometimes it scares me too that she’s indeed might be forgetting about me." This time a sigh and frown formed on Lisa's lips.                                         

 

The worried Jisoo wraps her arm around Lisa's shoulders hisses, "Oh why? What happened that you started to think like that towards her? Did you do something weirdly wrong to her? Did you scare her with your cheap pick-up lines?"                                      

                                      

"I didn't!" Lisa strongly defended. "We do talk every day still yet only with morning greetings, but for some reason, I feel that she's kind of being too formal with her words and she doesn't joke too much. And yes, It somehow makes me feel like I did something wrong but then I don't really want to question her about it." She further explained.                                                            

 

"Maybe she's just tired at work or maybe at some things like what you said." Jisoo tried to say to comfort Lisa but nothing worked. In the end, her loud blunt mouth can only go on saying, "Do you think that mysterious woman is worth it? She doesn't tell you her real name and you only know her age. You don't even know how she looks like and you don't have a single idea where she's from. And even her voice, as what you've told me, it doesn't sound real. Do you think she's being real to you? I find it unfair most of the times that you’re being so open and real to her but she’s holding back when it comes to herself."

 

All these questions came in just a single blow that Lisa felt triggered and speechless at the same time. She failed to find answers be it in her heart or through her mind as right and wrong battle inside her. Not a single letter comes out of her frozen lips and in the end Lisa can only look down with complete silence and frown, admitting defeat this time and for the first time in a while, no argument came out from her.  

 

"I... don't know. I just know I like her with who she is with me. I may start demanding more from her as I go on liking her much, of maybe even more but still, I want that day to come that she’ll make a step forward to tell me or show me who she really is." Lisa spoke after a minute of silence from her.

 

Jisoo sighed knowing that the defenseless Lisa can reason no more, "Okay. I'm sorry too for being so frank like that. It's just that sometimes, especially when I see you chatting with her and talking with her through the phone in our room while you're so thrilled and happy, I can't help but to get worried too. You’re important and precious to me and you know that. It’s just that I don't want you to get hurt and I don’t want to see you sad. I'm sorry..."

 

"It's okay unnie. You're just being honest and caring to me." Lisa forced out a smile. "Anyway, where's Chaeyoung? That girl hasn't messaged me either and it’s quite a miracle that she didn’t ask for a hang out today. This is quite odd." She then asked in curiosity.                              

 

"I don't know too. But, all she told me yesterday after the student council meeting is that she might not be able to attend her morning classes due to some important errands she needs to do. And yeah you’re right, I think this is the first time Chaeng skipped classes. What’s more important than her school right? I never heard anything from her." Jisoo also agreed and they began to wonder.                       

 

Chaeyoung, on the other hand, instead of going her way to school, she took the opposite way going to one of the hottest talent agencies in the society today, the place where Jennie Kim works with and as expected, photographers and stalkers are just casually walking outside. Unknown to anyone’s knowledge, she makes her way on her own and does her agenda that has been bothering her for the past days she just cannot find peace.             

 

With so much calm and carefulness, Chaeyoung approaches the building's receptionist and requests politely, "Hi. I'm Park Chaeyoung. I'm just wondering if Jennie Kim is around at this moment. I'd like to talk to her if possible. I'm her friend and it's my first time to be here so I don't really know the process."             

                

"Who are you might be?" The receptionist suspiciously questioned. "I'm sorry but any information about Jennie is private and we cannot tell anyone her whereabouts unless Jennie herself gave an access or permission for us to tell the person. You also need an appointment personally approved by Jennie herself or from the manager before you can proceed."                               

 

However, it's just then Jennie came out of the elevator and saw Chaeyoung as she immediately recognized her even by just looking closely at her back. Thus, she confirms to the receptionist while she approaches them, "Let her in. I know her. I'm also kind of expecting her one of these days. I'm glad it's today that I'm not too tight with my schedule. Please, come in."             

 

The shocked Chaeyoung barely moved on her feet when Jennie appeared right before her eyes and as the guards let her pass through with her visitor's ID that was given. Together with the quiet Jennie who leads the way and Chaeyoung was introduced to the building’s luxurious interior, she's guided towards a vacant meeting room and from there they are left alone, no cameras, no public's eyes and totally private.

 

Leaning against the window, Jennie faces Chaeyoung with a gen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter