Chapter 10

Tap that Heart! Click that Beat!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 10

 

Feelings and emotions when kept hidden is very difficult, not only when it's about sorrows and anxieties but also when it comes to hiding romantic feelings for someone whom they hold dear to their hearts. So near yet so far, so close yet so open, confused and bothered, all these can shake up someone when these feelings and emotions are kept hidden. How to say it, how to express it and how to let the other person feel all these, it may be easy as it sounds but never when actually done.                 

 

Ever since that groundbreaking day that Lisa rejected Chaeyoung in front of the people who admire her and forthrightly declared that her heart belongs to someone else, Lisa has been receiving hate through chanting at her as she walks on the corridor, during classes when her classmates would boo at her and by just eating lunch at the cafeteria, Lisa cannot find peace at all. At any moment, Lisa is also waiting for that time she would be physically bullied, all because of being honest and breaking a heart of an angel.                

 

"It's been a week yet they still bully you with their useless loud voices." Jisoo helplessly sighed as she gives Lisa her packed lunch, she who is hiding at the building's rooftop to evade more of the students’ cruelties. "Are you okay? Well for today at least since we live together and I know how you are. I want to know if they students are getting worse with how they treat you especially when I’m not around. And so that I can officially file a report to the administrator as a part of the student council." She then said standing by the rails with her and looking down at the campus.                 

 

"To be honest, I’m not really fine. But, I feel better whenever Nini messages me or whenever we talk or by just sending voice messages with each other every day. She makes me feel secured and protected that's why these bullying that they do to me, I find it tolerable. As long as I know Nini is there for me, and you too unnie, what else matters?" Lisa said straight without a shade of difficulty in her tone and not even a sign of stressed; rather she shows off a huge smile and positivity as she eats her lunch.   

 

"You're really head over heels for her! Look at the impact she's giving you! I should thank her soon for taking care of you more than I can do with my powers. I can’t believe that liking someone this much can bring you so much energy." Jisoo teased Lisa who blushed madly.      

 

"Of course unnie. I like her but I can't tell her yet. You can't blame me since she's an inspiration and she's a good adviser too. Although I always give her advises and suggestions too with her struggles, I think she’s way better than I am in a lot of aspects. She lets me learn things and it's always like that whenever we talk. It's like she's a goddess that God gave me to be a better person." Lisa breathed and again stared at her phone with a huge grin.       

 

“You know… you don’t only like her. Base from how you describe her and how you feel whenever you’re with her, I think you’re in love with her. You love her.” Jisoo stated confidently, not questioning Lisa’s unusual bright mood.

 

Lisa chuckles, “You think so unnie?”

 

Lisa, through her mind she recalls the past few days she has been talking with Nini every night; hearing her soothing voice that eases all her worries before sleeping, chatting nonstop during the early morning and the happiness she brings to her. Lisa can only find happiness and warmth with her and nothing can compare to it ever. These heartbeats that pump so fast only for one person, Lisa cannot disregard the fact that she is indeed in love, falling in love… 

 

"Uhm..." Breaking the friend's chitchat and teases is Chaeyoung who actually followed Jisoo secretly only to find where Lisa is. And by the rooftop's door, there she stands so reserved and distant from them, particularly Lisa whom she cannot exchange eye contacts with.                              

 

"Oh..." It’s all that Lisa can say at Chaeyoung's presence.

 

Jisoo hastily steps in between the two awkward persons for each other and laughs coy, "H-hey Chaeng... what's up? How did you know we're here? Well, I mean, what are you doing here? Don’t you have classes?"                              

 

Chaeyoung took a deep breath before she bowed down her head and says loud yet apologetic, "I'm so sorry Lisa! I know it's because of me that you're suffering from the students' bullying. It's my fault that you're experiencing all of these things. Because of my selfishness, this is happening to you. If only I didn’t confess at such a wrong time and wrong place, you wouldn’t be targeted by the students and you should be still enjoying your ordinary and normal life as a student. I'm so sorry that I ruined it for you. I’ll do anything for you to forgive me. Just please… don’t hate me."

 

Seeing Chaeyoung bowing in front, Lisa didn't hesitate but to approach her and bring her head up then she hisses yet l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter