Chapter 22

Tap that Heart! Click that Beat!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 22

 

People may tell lies. People may deceive and manipulate others and sometimes, even to the person they claim they love the most they decide to hide problems and important matters. It will leave a scar and deep wounds in the heart. It will break a trust at critical times. It can shatter everything in a snap of a finger. Nevertheless, never forget all the things they did right and the moments that shared with their true and genuine heart. Don’t let one mistake ruin the thousand memories.

 

For most it's yet another ordinary day to wake up upon on. Lisa may have thought the same if she still lives in her old boring student life when she was almost non-existent to the eyes of the society but not anymore these days she once thought ordinary, boring and so plain have turned so much special throughout the experiences she had spent with a special person who gave her so much special moments in life. However, these so-called ordinary days not only ended for Lisa, but it has also ended for her friends who have widened their life with her help.

 

"It's the last day of the semester. I can't believe it's that fast. It feels like it was only yesterday when the three of us started hanging out. Before there were only two of us who know each other, and now there’s Lisa too. I can’t believe a lot happened in just one semester." Jisoo said and she stretched her arms up, spending time with Chaeyoung by the school campus' field as they sit on the green healthy grass under the healthy heat of the early morning sun.                  

 

Chaeyoung lies straight on the grass and looks up high the blue sky as she breathes in tranquility, "Yeah, you’re so right unnie. Time flies by so fast.  Sure a lot of things happened in just few months. Do you have any plans during the semester break by the way? I heard students around the corridors earlier that they will be going on vacation but some said they will just stay home. So, how about you unnie, what are you planning to do?"

 

"I'm planning to go back home and spend some time with my family, go on trips with them and just relax without thinking any school-related stuff. It’s finally our break and there’s no way I’ll carry school problems with me back home. It’s our only time to be free from all these hell weeks." Jisoo replied and follows Chaeyoung on lying down. And as she stares at the same sky she returns the same question, "How about you, do you have any plans for this break? Are you going back to your country hometown? Or will your parents visit here for you?" 

 

Chaeyoung regrettably shakes her head and frowns, "Unfortunately I cannot go back there for this coming break. My parents will go on a business trip so they cannot visit me here too and my sister is currently staying at a university dorm and it's not her break yet so no one's at home. And yeah, I decided to stay here. I’m thinking of travelling all over this country alone too but I guess I cannot, especially that I don’t have an expert with me as a guide at least."                 

 

Jisoo tilts her head to face Chaeyoung and offers, "Hey, do you want to stay with us at home? You'll like it there for sure and my family would love to have you there and some of my small cousins might also want to meet a new friend. It’s near the countryside and we might go for short distance travels around the area too and do some family activities. So, why don’t you just come with me? I can be your friendly guide if you want."            

 

"Really unnie? Can i come with you? Won't it be a burden? I mean, we’re on break and I thought you wouldn’t want to see anyone from the school too and it’s a family thing. Won’t I get in your way? Won’t your parents get mad at me for tagging along?" The excited Chaeyoung sat up and beamed down at the giggling Jisoo though concerned of the possible circumstances she might face.                                              

 

"Of course you can come with me. In fact Lisa once came with me too during winter break but my cousins didn't like her that much because of her weird jokes and games. They so much too with her accent. She ends up looking like a scary monster whenever she tries to play with them but of course, it’s just for fun and they are playful. But with you, I'm so sure they will like you because they have always been looking forward to meet a sweet and gorgeous woman like you. They don’t count Lisa as one…" Jisoo smiled with a wink.                                      

 

These remarks made Chaeyoung form a tint of redness from her cheeks and speaks out hard, "W-well... thank you unnie. Then, I'll be looking forward to it. I’ll make sure you won’t regret inviting me to your hometown and I’ll treat your family well. I also have to prepare well so that your cousins won’t treat me like how they did to Lisa. I’ll do my best."  

 

"By the way, is Lisa not coming here yet? She’s the one who wants us to meet up here before we go to our classes yet she’s the one who’s not here. Seriously, that weirdo is maybe on it again?" Jisoo questioned as she looked at her time ticking fast and wandered her eyes for any sign of Lisa but unfortunately found no one.

 

Chaeyoung smirks, "Who knows where she is unnie. She didn’t send me any messages too and not also a call. But most probably she’s chatting somewhere around the campus with her Nini or calling... or perhaps a video call already. She has stopped talking about their relationship progress and of course, if they really are in the lovers’ kind of level, I don’t want to sneak in anymore. Lisa will just say something if she wants to."      

 

"Those two talk every single day I’m telling you. Lisa even told me last time on a weekend that she went out to meet Nini but when I asked her how she looks like and what kind of woman she is, Lisa never told me. She said it's a secret. And to shut me up from insisting, she got Jennie’s autograph for me. She just bribed me to shut up and since it’s Jennie and I’m lucky that I still got her autograph before she retired, I didn’t insist asking anymore. That weirdo is starting to hide things from me just because she's in love with a fellow weirdo." Jisoo pouted and sulked.

 

“Oh yeah, today is Jennie-unnies’s last day in the entertainment industry. No wonder Lisa isn’t here with us right now, maybe she’s out somewhere with her… or I hope so. I wish they will be in good terms once again…” Chaeyoung mumbled to herself.

 

Thus, Chaeyoung begins reminiscing that one momentous day Jennie officially announced her life-changing decision and that day Jennie spent this particular day with Lisa, that one late afternoon she had to walk back home filled with unending worries and apprehension. It was on that day that Chaeyoung found herself admiring both Lisa and Jennie’s conclusion for their bond.

 

Chaeyoung walked back to her place, only to see Lisa waiting for her by the building’s entrance, sat on a bench with her head lowered down, looking so devastated yet no tears were seen falling from her eyes that are dropped straight down the ground reflected by the sunset, the ground that’s moisty caused by the rain that had stopped.

 

As Chaeyoung saw this, instead of rushing, she carefully approached Lisa an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter