Chapter 21

Tap that Heart! Click that Beat!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 21

 

Looking at the person that gives her so much feels, she can find and seek answers for herself. Holding her hands and feeling her warmth, she can search for the exact emotion she's been looking for. And closing and ending the page can only heal them both and move forward to a brand new day for a the chapter is done but the story goes on. This unknown feeling that has been tingling them, can this be the thing that everyone calls it love?

 

The most awaited weekend arrived but not for the moderate amount of rain that ruins some expectations they have, pouring down to make the weather humid. The streets are drenched, some stores on street sides are closed and only a few people can be seen battling with the raindrops under their umbrellas. This day is absolutely not an ideal time for a perfect first ever date.                                                     

 

"Damn you... you're ruining my first date... Of all days you chose to drop, why does it have to be today when I have this important day I prepared for?" Lisa cursed at the dark sky as she's standing by under her umbrella in the middle of the park where Jennie set for them to meet.                        

                  

Wearing her simple black shirt with tight jeans, her purple backpack with white sneakers that’s eventually being stained by the small splash of water on the ground, Lisa is starting to get soaked waiting for almost an hour for Jennie who hasn’t shown any signs of attendance yet for this day. Even so, there she is standing patiently and nervously at the same time for Jennie assured her presence for this important day for the both of them.        

 

"Lisa!" From behind is Jennie in black cap lowered down until to her eyes, off-shoulder blouse to perfectly showcase her flawless shoulders and like Lisa, her jeans and white sneakers, and together with her branded backpack which can definitely catch attention from passersby. "I'm so sorry for making you wait long. They suddenly held a short meeting before they decided to let me go. I didn’t expect that it will rain too so I had to change my outfit real quick. I also forgot to bring my umbrella." She then added as she got close to her date for the day, panting as she explained her side.   

                       

Even though Jennie's small face is almost entirely covered by her cap and long dangling hair, Lisa can see the beauty in her that perfectly matched with her petite and slender body. As a result, Lisa lost for words, flash her shy smile staring at Jennie and gradually letting her jaw drop in admiration, unable to hear what was explained and can only be mesmerized by her beauty and results her to be in a complete stun and speechless for a minute that took so long to pass.      

 

Lisa blinked her eyes to end her adoration towards Jennie and stop this fascination as the latter already noticed her smile and unusual sudden silence. With a fake cough, Lisa, though late, quickly shared her umbrella with Jennie properly to be sheltered as she is and praises shyly and reserved, "Y-you look beautiful..."                             

 

"Thank you. I really prepared for today too although this isn’t the outfit that I planned to wear. The rain kind of ruined it so yeah…" Jennie simply responded but managed to hide her cheeks’ redness under her cap.                                    

 

Lisa cannot afford to waste more time that could only make her more nervous. And so she pinched herself by her arm without making Jennie notice it then hastily grabbed tickets from her pocket that almost got wet due to the rain and bravely finally asks Jennie, "I originally planned for us to walk on streets and have some street foods. But since it's raining and already ruined some plans I made the day before, Chaeyoung gave me these amusement park tickets. She couldn’t use it anymore so she saved us by giving these tickets today. It's near from here so we can take a small walk too."                

 

Like a small girl, Jennie snatched the tickets from Lisa and squeals, "Ah! I've always wanted to visit this place! I always see this park whenever I travel from one schedule to another and I never step my feet in here! C’mon, let's go!"

 

Jennie held Lisa's hand tight as she intertwined it together and drags her along forward. Shocked and taken aback from the sudden touch, Lisa silently gasped at the contact, feeling the warmth of Jennie's hand and connecting the excitement through their hands. And despite being dragged that the umbrella is starting to get useless, Lisa complained none rather she likes it so much that she just let herself be controlled by Jennie's fast strides under the rain and share the smile together.                                                     

 

On the other hand, Chaeyoung attends the weekend gathering for the student council. Whining at a corner while waiting for the gathering to formally start, she's waiting for Lisa's update regarding her date but receives nothing so far, not a single call, nor even a single message. As she's worried for both of them, there she is uneasily tapping her phone, flooding the unresponsive Lisa with messages but not calls, afraid to interrupt the date.

 

"Ah! No way! This can’t be real! What’s the meaning of this? Are you kidding me? Why all of a sudden? Someone please tell me this is just a joke!" Jisoo out of the blue yelled on the table from the other corner and caught everyone's attention in the room including Chaeyoung who’s startled from the sudden noise.                  

 

Chaeyoung saw Jisoo's shocked expression and teary eyes clearly as she stares at her phone's screen, her hands trembling and her lips opened and shaking. Hence she asks while pacing towards her like the others, "What's wrong unnie? Is everything alright? We haven't started the meeting yet you're already shouting there and you look somehow pale too."                             

 

Jisoo looks up to the standing Chaeyoung beside her chair then hugs her by the waist, sobbing as she tries to voice out from her clogged throat, "Chaeng! Jennie is... Jennie is..."                                          

 

"Jennie? Why, what happened to her unnie?” Chaeyoung nervously asked and thus she checked her own phone immediately as she grabbed it from her own pocket to read whatever Jisoo saw it herself that made her this teary and troubled.                             

 

As soon as Chaeyoung opened the entertainment news, the news bombed her eyes which states that, "Jennie Kim formally announced her early retirement from entertainment industry through her official site this morning. The agency confirmed this as well earlier today with the media after discussing the decision and the matter with their artist. It is said that after Jennie finishes her filming for her drama next week, she will officially be out and will end her career. The agency has initially expressed their disappointment because she’s at her peak but they said they will support Jennie’s decisions and wishes her good luck for her next journey. Jennie's further plans after her retirement are still unknown."           

 

"Oh my... gosh…" Chaeyoung's mouth was left wide open and covered with her palm.              

 

Jisoo keeps sobbing and wrapped her arms around Chaeyoung's waist as she wails, "But why so sudden? Just when she's flying so high in her career, I can’t believe this. I cannot accept this just yet today. This is so painful."

 

"Maybe she's not happy anymore, especially that going along with her popularity are bunch of hates and destructive criticisms from people. She’s too young to take all of these things all at the same time. She's young like all of you and there's still more to life for her. She might just want to search for her own and real happiness. No one in the entertainment industry in this modern time has that freedom to find themselves anymore and most oftentimes, they live to the expectations of the society and soon they lost their reality. Jennie must have realized that so let her be. Her true fans will understand her." Their teacher who happened to be there with them said to calm down.           

 

And Chaeyoung seconds, “He’s right. I’m sure Jennie also has some things she wants to achieve for herself, and not for anyone else. Let’s say that even if she wanted to be in the entertainment industry that’s why she entered it, is that what she really needs in her life to be genuinely happy? Are we even seeing the real her? So, just let her go wherever she plans to fly high next and maybe in her next destination, we can see the real her already, without holding back and not living into people’s ideas of her.”

 

“Wow! You sounded like you know her well though!” The student council members chanted at Chaeyoung as Jisoo kept her silence and she continues on crying on her.

 

“Shut up!” Chaeyoung snickered but what’s going on inside her mind, is the unending worries and concerns not only for Jennie but also with Lisa. 

 

Meanwhile, Jennie continues to play around the amusement park, running at every place that her eyes can find, being careless at times as her simple disguise under that cap almost exposed that Lisa has to keep warning her for the suspicious people walking around them. As if the reality and the news don't exist for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter