Chapter 12

Tap that Heart! Click that Beat!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 12

 

That voice and those soft nervous giggles, how soothing to hear it from a person they hold dearly to the heart. The heart that beats so loud, the veins that give so much spark all over their mind and body, the mind that internally panics and the soul that connected, and the body that manifests and talks in behalf of their extremely skipping heart, nothing more is needed to affirm such attraction, more when at last, they are connected eye-to-eye.

 

Jennie stared at Lisa so deeply as if the world around her shut down and all has stopped revolving, melting the internally freaking out Lisa in her uncomfortable position on the stage. Locking her eyes to Lisa, that shy nervous voice as she introduced herself radiates all over inside her and all she can feel is the heaven-like feeling of eagerness to be with her, a blush covering her face but not evident to the eyes thanks to the stage’s lights and set-up and her fast heartbeats she cannot calm at all, so close to be heard through the microphone already.                                                 

 

"Jennie! What are you doing? Move! Talk! You’re not doing anything at all! What’s wrong with you? C’mon!" Jennie's manager mouthed at her from the stage's side so mad and hysterical as Jennie markedly arrested with a huge smile staring at Lisa who is likewise frozen as she is.                                                  

 

Jennie blinked her eyes fast and clumsily laughs on the microphone to resume the show and go on, "O-okay... so we have Lalisa Manoban. She’s our lucky winner for today and she will be with me the whole day for the festival."               

 

Lisa furrowed her eyebrows, suddenly ending her shyness with strange thoughts that crossed her mind while ignoring the cheers of envy from the fans that were left unnoticed in the crowd. While Jennie talks to the fans for her farewell speech and making them chant one last time for her name, there she stands with Jennie on the stage but only gazing at her in silence, with all these thoughts she's trying to figure out herself and cannot get along well with Jennie’s hype on stage.

 

"Her voice sounds familiar..." Lisa thought at the very back of her mind but as the crowd's louder cheer disturbed her, she just exhaled and shakes off her head to kick the thoughts out of her which she believes pointless, "Of course her voice is familiar. She's everywhere in this country. I’ve heard her talking on television and I’ve heard her performing because of Jisoo-unnie. What am I even thinking and why am I even bothered by it? I guess I’m just nervous…"                  

 

"Thank you everyone! Enjoy the festival! Please support my upcoming drama as well and I hope to you all around soon!" Jennie formally closed the show with a bow and waved her hands to the crowd one last time.                

 

Jennie makes an exit off the stage, together with the stiff and shy Lisa who is being guided down the stage by the staffs and organizers. While Jennie is politely talking and thanking the festival organizers, as well as the members of student council who volunteered to be a part of all the preparation, there’s Lisa who chose to step back and give her a space and be that celebrity as she is. Yet Chaeyoung on the other hand, didn’t join her fellow members who are there asking for a photo with the star, instead she went straight to Lisa who is temporarily set aside on a corner waiting for what's more to come for her.

 

"Hey, congratulations on winning the raffle today, you deserve it." Chaeyoung hissed to her quiet friend as they both watch Jennie from a short distance.                                                   

 

Lisa for the thousandth time she sighed, "I don't know if I really deserve that or what. Even I am shocked myself since I’m normally unlucky with these types of things but for some reason today, I got lucky. I feel happy and thankful of course but at the same time I feel puzzled. Something’s off and I’m not sure what it is…"                  

 

Chaeyoung fakes a cough as she tests, "Maybe it's because of Nini? I noticed you're not holding your phone yet. You would normally have it in your hands the whole time to keep on updating her with your whereabouts anywhere you go."              

 

"Yeah, I think so. She hasn't replied to any of my messages and she didn't answer to any of my calls yet. I'm worried something might have happened to her. The last time we talked, she was just so excited that Jennie is here today. I was even planning of sending her all these photos and videos I recorded so that she’ll see how the event went as well." Lisa said in a sulk with a pout.                                         

 

"Of course she cannot reply you anytime soon. She's right here in front of you very busy with this festival and she’s about to date you for real." Chaeyoung muttered under her breath as she suspiciously glared at Jennie who caught her doing so.                                          

 

"Are you saying something? Sorry, I didn’t hear you talking." The inattentive Lisa asked.

 

Chaeyoung wanted to say more and tell Lisa more about what she just discovered but J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter