Chapter 8

Tap that Heart! Click that Beat!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 8

 

Most people say that the best instrument ever heard is the voice of someone who makes a person complete. The tone of their voices, their flow, how relaxing it is, to be able to have it specifically in times of need, and just simply listening to it like a music that calms the heart. With a voice which can be heard for the first time, yet it comes from special someone, still, what a soothing harmony it is to cleanse the soul.                                   

 

It's been countless days since Lisa and Nini have been exchanging messages, endlessly tapping their phones and continuously clicking every single emoji that fits their most random topic every day. Also, it's been days as well that Lisa's mind is occupied of something new she's been dying to know. Nini’s voice, just that one thought in her mind is enough for her to be kept busy not only mentally but emotionally as well for by merely imagining, it makes her feel that spark that fluctuates her heartbeats.       

 

"Jisoo-unnie... can I ask you something?" Lisa paused from sending a message to Nini as she rolled over out of her bed and sat beside her busy unnie by her own study table. "Have you heard the voices of the people in the group chat? Have you ever tried calling them on a conference call or maybe also one on one call? How about their faces too, have you seen them?" She then asked continuously out of her curiosity and that she leaned so close to Jisoo’s face, so eager to hear an immediate reply.

 

Jisoo nods while her eyes are dotted on the book and pushing Lisa’s face away from hers, "Yeah. I’ve already talked to some of them. Sometimes we conduct conference calls when we're bored but our topics are only limited about Jennie. We tend to avoid asking too much personal information or situations unless someone opens up first. I recently joined one too, when you and Chaeyoung went to hang out since the library was full and I had nothing to do anyway. Why do you ask by the way? Do you want to join?"    

 

"Well, no... I'm just wondering how Nini's voice sounds like. I can’t stop thinking about it and my brain keeps imagining, to the point that I even thought of her having the same voice as Jennie." Lisa hummed as she marched back to her own bed and looked straight up the ceiling.                   

 

Jisoo momentarily shifts her gazes back to Lisa in suspicions and full of doubts, "You... are you sure nothing's going on between you and that mysterious Nini? You talk with her whenever and wherever you're available. I also heard from Chaeyoung that during your last hang out, you were spacing out the entire time and whenever you open your mouth, all you talk about is Nini or can be Jennie Kim too just because of that autograph you saw in the café. And now you’re escalating so quickly that you also seek and demand for her voice now. What’s the real score between you two?"                

 

"Well, I don't know... I just know that she's special... I guess..." Lisa admitted with her low whispering tone. But the more she lets her heart take in control she can only continue on mumbling under her thrilled smirks, “I just want to hear her voice too. I just feel like it’s very beautiful. It might sound cold but cute too… I don’t know… but if I’m given a chance to hear her voice, I would love that day to come…”                                                 

 

It all comes back to Lisa that day she hang out with Chaeyoung and that day she first thought of hearing Nini's voice, how she started to get hyped over it and oftentimes uses Jennie’s name instinctively to compare their voices and what’s going on through her weird thoughts. Ever since, she cannot take it off her mind and all day all night all she can imagine is Nini's voice and how perfectly it might match with her face that remains a mystery.

 

"It's only like one in a million that a person finds someone special through just messages, particularly through online. I don't want to judge you with how you feel for her Lisa but rather I'll say I'm proud since you have found someone you can be comfortable with aside from me and that you somewhat broke your walls. However, as your unnie, I would just like to suggest that maybe at least hear Nini's voice and talk casually like real true friends do. The two of you have been chatting quite long now; don't you think it's time to take another step? You know… perhaps to make things even more personal if you really want to be a part of her true and personal life now." Jisoo smiled as she advised and suggested out of her concern towards the undecided Lisa.                                                

 

Nini: Hey, what's taking you too long to reply? Are you busy? Are you doing something? Maybe we should talk later then since I don’t want to disturb you too.

 

Lisa’s phone lighted up and reads the short but urgent message from Nini, cutting off the deepening conversation with Jisoo whom Lisa also let her message be read. They looked at each other, Jisoo giving her that push to ask her for a call now and Lisa returning back worried eyes while mouthing how awkward she is and how nervous she is right now.

 

“Just reply her with whatever that comes in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter