Re : Punks; Culprit's Thought

Distance

The multi-coloured circuits and components are adding redness to his eyes, mainly because they are not communicating and synchronising properly yet. When it’s working, it’ll be a real beauty.  Hyun is holding his third cup of latte that day. He stood up from his desk, walked around, talked to his of 1/6 figurines of super-heroes, paced around..  returned to his laptop, (he need a much-needed distraction) goggled for the latest news and blogs to divert his attention. He seriously requires a break now..

He browsed a while. “Hmm, this is interesting.” He pulled his collar, placed on his lips and thought to himself “.. This review.” He scrolled down, reading further. He found his cup in his array (or mess) of technical references and drawings and read further. Intrigued by this review, he started watching the mentioned production from the premier episode.

He didn’t sleep much that night as he finished all 2 episodes at one go. That was a long 2-hour distraction. Disruption from work but time worth spending. When was the last time he had such a marathon? Laughed so hard?  He resisted making himself another cup of latte, strolled past his 1/6 figurines and reached his balcony. Cold gusts of wind rushed in as he opened the glass doors. He walked into his balcony, sat on his hammock and glanced into the dark and mystic Mediterranean sea. The air is chill. The cup of hot water warmed up his cold hands.  He is rooted to the spot. Much too deep in thoughts.

He sat down infront of his laptop and started clicking away...

 

from:

Min Hyuk, [email protected]

to:

Bong Soon, [email protected]

subject:

Review, SWDBS

 

Dear ‘DBS’

Your long posting/review from DBS’s point of view has greatly intrigued me. That triggers me enough to invest hours of my time in SWDBS. After the hours spent, I felt that they gave me just the right set of distraction, a happy set in fact, from the messy piece of work that I am doing. Pl don’t misunderstand, I am not planning a murder plot (quoting SWDBS). I am an electrical engineer, who is looking through massive array of circuits for technical and sometimes, possible mechanical errors.

From your words, I see your understanding for Ms Do. I can see that you read ‘Do’. As a gift to the wonderful distraction that you led me to, which gave me a great few hours (well into the deep night) of laughter, wittiness and noisy banter, with little FF (fast forward), I present you with my analysis of ‘Ahn’. He is a total weirdo, the only one in his league probably. But he is absolutely brilliant and bright, no doubt about that. He has wits and a great sense of humour too. Yes, crazy could be a right description too. If this connection and chemistry between Do and Ahn stay, and the emotions continue to develop logically, this series will go far. There are things that I would like to see that they are omitted here and hope it doesn’t perpetuate further. Let’s see how it goes.

Hope you like my interpretation of ‘Ahn’.

‘AMH’

 

Just a second more! WAIT! I .. I almost meet her in the eyes and see her face. The girl in the pink hoodie who has saved my life. At that instant, she let me feel security and warmth.

RIGGGG.. What the!! Don’t give such empty threats and disrupt my sleep. That’s maddening! Be a man and come out of the closet, will you? A coward who makes empty and kid-dy phone threats.

I breezed into my kingdom happily. Today, I am stepping on my latest toy – latest model of the hoverboard. That also adds a good few inches to my 183cm. Being higher than the rest, looking down from vintage point, is an advantage for, and to every gamer. Along the way, I give compliments to my knights (and salute to my characters) who fought hard and well. Gave some instructions to the leads. They’ll add their magic to the games.

Here, this is my kingdom and ultimate playground. I am the banker and set the rules in the games I produce.

Life is harsh. I have personally seen some of it. That hardship, the injustice. Put down the excess baggage that you need to. Be happy. Knights don’t carry past failures to forthcoming battles. If you fail, think, review, re-strategized, form alliance, and go again! In every game, I give them multiple lives and thus multiple trials to try and re-try. This is what gamers need. Ani (No), this is what people generally hopes for. Another try. A second chance. That’s not only a want, it’s a need, a craving, an itch, almost. As long as we put enough elements to make it interesting, they will continue to train their minds, fight hand in hand, gain strength and conquer the land that they fight to keep. This is life. This is entertainment. This is THE game.

How others view me is not important. Crazy, am I? Gay, am I (not)? Those are all noise and publicity. What’s vital is that I know what’s in me, that I have my head high and no longer be bullied, eat well once daily, keep myself supremely fit as well as stick to my principles – That is having fun, of course! Confidence radiates from the wits within, not being bestowed from external sources. I don’t need to clock hours at my desk but I am always in thoughts. I literally loiter in the streets, at the various floors of Anisoft, observing, reading, and searching for ideas..  That’s most efficient for me as once I have a feasible clue, I make that update in the next round, with exact and precise instructions given to the right person(s) whom I meet along my way. Sitting at the desk all day does not suit me. I think, plan and work in my way. I plan to keep me, ME, this way.

There are some interesting criminal cases reported daily, especially the recent cases in Dong po dong. That criminal is smart, I must admit. The same brilliant culprit did both cases definitely. If he had aimed to kill, he would target for the vital organs, and not the body areas. He doesn’t need to go through the hassle of abduction and risk the possibility of being captured. As his aim is not murder, there must be something else that he wants. The motive! Thus, the analysis should be the culprit killed the first victim as she retaliated and he was not familiar with his weapon. He is highly intelligent, physically strong and probably goes around in disguise. Either the police is obviously stupid, or they choose to announce a decoy to lower the defences of the culprit. Seriously, I don’t think the police department is smart enough for the later. To catch the culprit, they must think in his shoes, not yours, and must be smarter and has a much faster processor than him. Track him, instead of the reverse. Think of it as a game, and how to win it! Or think like Mulder, the famous criminal psychology profiler, although that’s in a science fiction-supernatural series. HA!  Look at what I did to the amateur hacker, just a minuscule change in password will keep him occupied for a few days.  This is the strategy the police should be using. Shall I track the hacker in a reverse mode? I shall read on the codes or speak to the IT chief. Gosh. I should really follow my childhood dream and become a criminal. I am working on that, legally, as I gain reign control in the gaming world. I am so at ease here, fighting, winning. I walked out that big house to be myself, and here I am. I am happy, bizarrely happy. Happy with current and working to get keep that happiness of independence and control.

I still have my own stalker to hunt first. When I have time, maybe I’ll probe more into that kidnapper’s mind.  I am no longer that small, young and scary cat that needs my half-brother’s protection. I have grown up. I am now the tiger in my turf.

Yes, I do remember him. That irritating stick-in-the-mud policeman. His inflexibility caused me a most unwilling visit to the police HQ. Talking to legal thugs take make my stomach turn and left a bitter distaste in my mouth. I’ll do what I need to in order to get to my aim.

I look at your innocent eyes. Please don’t make your intention so obvious to man. I read you, your intentions clearly. Is he a man, or maybe that’s merely a piece of rock? But I enjoy to trigger your emotions and read the frank expressions on your face. How many people around me now actually show their real emotions, since I am Mr Ahn, the son of a gangster-turned-boss, as well as the CEO of Anisoft? The last I remembered, my mum is the one who really cares for me. She is the only one whom I can be with without any defences. The first time I see you, even though feisty, you are the most true (in emotions and expressions), strong and ultimately y female I seen so far.

I love the walnut pastry made by Mr Do. It has been a while since I had such great treats. Btw, Do, you better be careful since your home is in that neighbourhood.

That assassination that went wrong luckily. It’s too dangerous to be beside me. You better go.  “No, I will protect you.” When? What.. what did you say? I know my ears captured your words correctly. When was the last time someone volunteered to protect me and stick with me? Even since 7? Even second brother don’t stay with me all the time. And this mighty peanut volunteered? To be true, I am touched. And you are also in danger for you met the kidnapper in the hospital. That makes the two of us. I don’t want to be alone too. So… let me think of something. In my car, I formulated and cooked up some reasons just to convince you to stay over. Crux is to keep each other protected. Where can be safer than my own fortress, one which only I know inside out? I’ll make sure you (be it the kidnapper or the coward with empty threats) regret invading my space.

You are cute, absolutely. You have the frankest emotions and it’s all over your expressive face. I really enjoy watching you. Thus, I trigger your feelings, expressions. 

Gunpower residue litters all over after our fiery exchanges. We are not letting each other an inch nor a centimetre more than necessary. I don’t like to lose. I see that you enjoy winning too. You are not inferior in any way. You throw me an arrow, I’ll make sure you get a catapult of fireball in return. That suits me. I am having fun. Gamers’ rule - An eye for an eye. My stalker is just all talk, there’ll not be explosive in my car. That ploy was just added to annoy you.

The more I see you, the more I feel that you are interesting. Intriguing. Exactly like the sizzling and y female I seen in the site and the police station. Full of thorns and might.

I love soft ramyeon, that’s just right for slurping. Oh mine, the noodles are scalding my tongue! Al dente is for spaghetti. Get your facts right.

What does having ramyeon together in midnight means? Don’t you know? Your clueless look tells me that you haven’t been in a relationship before. You have a lot of innocence, which is rare these days. You are way too obvious. You must think from a guy's perspective - we need challenges. Guys need hurdles before they find you intriguing. You need to prick their interest and not give in too much. Don’t be too readily available. It’s like a game, like flying kite. Let them fly, tighten your hold, pull them back, let them know you are around, then let them fly.. that’s the delicate display of pull and let. You don’t comprehend.

homme fatal and femme fatale are different. Your English is really limited. You should see and know more.

I am just starting to relax. That irritating cop. Why must he come, here, now?

I stood, with my hands in my pockets, my face straight and expression flat. I meant business. He needs to know this is my house, my turf and I make the call.

What? Send you home? No, we need to protect each other tonight. The police can’t be trusted anyway. ( I spent so much thoughts and tactics in order to convince her. You are not to sway her decision here.)

I politely say no.

I said NO already. Don’t you hear me, you woody piece of furniture!

Don’t you UNDERSTAND KOREAN?

My message is simple and straightforward. I SAID NO.

Or are you DEAF?

 

I stretched my hand to hold yours. You are mine. This is my turf. Get off my sight now, this piece of wood! I STARED daggers at him. The shine is draining from his eyes. He is starting to retreat. Good! I see that my message is finally reaching him.

 

from:

Bong Soon

to:

Min Hyuk

date :

Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 11:00 PM

subject:

Re : Review, SWDBS

 

Dear ‘AMH’

You have hit the jackpot on Ahn absolutely. Your writing gave me a great laugh after the initial round I watched as the quirky clips interested me. I carried on watching as its funny, interesting, unusual (criminal lead who is not a criminal versus mighty strong who is petite), all those contrasts, with the constant bickering, are really hilarious. Their chemistry and way of togetherness are refreshing. Put it simply, its killing me in laughter.

I usually gave up something after 30 minutes if it’s boring by my standards.

SWDBS interest me so much that that I even pen down a biopsy of her thoughts! Does (Will) DBS keep a diary? I doubt it (unless it’s absolutely necessary).

Anyway, thank you for your analysis. It’s so well, hilariously written. So comical. So apt! Why don’t you post it? It adds fun to THE game.

There is quite a bit that I too wish are ‘omitted (from inside) and hope it doesn’t perpetuate further’. Really hope that the gangster oldies and youngsters disappear. LOL. Well… let’s see. (I really don’t see much fun in that).

The really fun part in the premier episodes are really the tangible chemistry between Ahn and Do, which simply ignites and explodes right in front of you. The last part on in Ahn’s home, on how she tricked him to buy walnut pastries from her family shop (that’s a small revenge, in comparison to the amount that she had spent on his company’s games), and how he rebutted on her lack of romantic experiences (and lack of interpretation of the ramyeon issue), are incredibly funny.

Deeper down, that tells us more about DBS and AMH and its part of their character formation and development. Brilliant writers and absolute talented actors. 

Looking forward to tomorrow 11pm, for the screening of the next episode.

‘DBS’

 

 

Dear ‘DBS’

It's posted.

Glad that gave you a lot of laughter.

And I agree that PHS and PBY’s onscreen chemistry is harmonious and is lit right from the start, like you said, if this continues, it’ll be fun and absolutely energizing to watch, the ratings may run cross the charts. I don’t watch the charts. I watch what I like (like your posting).

I actually like the dark moments among all the hilariousness (creates a balance) and Ahn’s aspiration, and his critical analysis of the smart criminal. He is irrationally smart too. He thinks Sun Tzu too - “To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy.” [To become your enemy means to imagine that you were in your opponent's position and consider what move you would make as your opponent. Thus, becoming your enemy (imagining yourself in their position) is the way you can know your enemy (understanding what their next move will most likely be)].

The stabber suddenly appears, who doesn’t seem to have the same MO (Modus Operandi - Fixed style of committing a crime by a habitual criminal) as AMH’s stalker (threaten calls so far) or the neighbourhood kidnapper (whose victims are thin and weak girls so far). Seems like it’s a random case or a third group of criminals here. DBS is going to be very busy.

Her ‘unknowing let go’ of the kidnapper is the result of inexperience and lack of observation. Having said that, the stabber almost run away from Ahn if not for Do’s reminder. Thus, in addition to observation and experience, a partner helps greatly too. I like how its being overlapped and presented here. Makes me see the importance of them, as partners.

While you are overlooking the Han River, I am facing the Mediterranean sea. I’ll share my view on the subsequent episode(s) later.

‘AMH’