Help Me

Distance

 

 

Help Me; Nonetheless

 

My front door is opened. No one knows the passcode, except you..

I walked out. You ran in, panting, begging me to help find your bestie, who is abducted by Kim. You kept ranting on, crying, trembling,  ..

Bong Soon. Bong Soon. BONG SOON! Listen to me. I need to shake you to get your attention. Listen - Kim keeps his collection of women, he’ll not kill them. Calm Down. I know this could be difficult, but you need to calm down before we can see how to proceed.

I held you tight, attempting to calm you.

Don’t worry. I can help you find him.

What would you do if I do? Run there yourself? And fall into a potential trap? No, you can’t. You shouldn’t. He’ll kill you, especially after how you hurt him before. He laid KS as the bait, to lure you out. You should not (must not) fall for it. Your emotional inclination, willingness to trade yourself for your bestie, maybe due to the heroic blood that is running in you (with great power comes great responsibility), are my greatest fears.

You must not act alone. I have to drill some sense into you, if you still have the heart to listen.

Bong Soon, you have to listen to me. I know you are worried. However, don’t try to shoulder all and try to solve everything by yourself. You have me now. Depend on me too. I’ll help you.

No, that’s not good enough. What if…

I put the special tracking necklace on you. You may lose your phone. But this necklace is on you, so increasing the chances of locating you with this (hopefully that you don’t drop it, and wear it always). I wish that I don’t have to resort to use this, this plan B, this as the last resort.

Bong Soon, you are still trembling, looking in a daze. Bong Soon! Listen to me!   

Since you like to go home, I’ll send you home. Don’t go anywhere else at night. I sent you home. See you walked into your house before I left.

I logged on to all I have and could access to in order to locate Kim. While the tracking programs were running, I tried to get an available offender profile on Kim too. Knowing the enemy helps us fight him.

All is intense. I searched all corners of my mind on what I can do.

I had coffee. Kept searching. Throughout the night. Did I doze off? I continued searching. Is there anything else I can use? I repeated the same question. Yes! The server in office. I checked the connection at home to office again, quickly changed and dashed off.

Is anyone talking to me? I am not listening. Wait a while. I need to expedite the online search.

What time is it now? You are still not here. I have to make the announcement - Sorry, all. The presentation has been postponed.

Settled some urgent official matters and sat down on my chair again.

Where are you?

Blink.. The search is complete. There is a dungeon below that junkyard! The prefect hiding place for the girls!

You still didn’t answer your phone. Where are you?

I activated the tracking device on you. What? Junkyard! I told you to WAIT for me. WHAT THE H***! DAMN IT! I swore under my breath.

 

I arrived at the junkyard and saw you walking out.

I am really fuming, but I caught hold of myself and still opened the car door for you. Let’s get away from here first.

We have to talk. I am very angry and tried my hardest not to explode at you. I told you to WAIT for me. Didn’t I? You saved the hostages but Kim is still at large and KS remained missing. S****S! You must have alerted him unnecessary via that rash act, do you know? Considering that you hurt him before and now destroyed his den, forced him to relocate .. I couldn’t think further on how much hatred he has for you. I knew that you meant well and wanted to save KS. Gosh. How do we find him and KS now?

Two heads are better than one. Bong Soon, don’t try to do everything yourself. Don't think alone (See, I brought you along to catch the blackmailer? But you, once and again, fight by yourself). Kim is in a blind spot that we may not be able to see. That makes the situation even more treacherous.

No matter how strong you are, you can still get hurt (you would not be regenerated immediately), get trapped, or get ambushed..

How am I going to get through to you that it is dangerous and you really shouldn’t be acting rashly and definitely not alone!  

I am at a loss. I really don’t know what to do with you now. Can’t you tell me, share with me, so we can formulate a plan, and I wouldn’t be so left out and worried?

How am I going to get that through to you?

I ruffled my hair in frustration.

..You left. I didn’t (and couldn’t) stop you.

 

I am very upset. Can’t recall when was the last time I was so mad and vexed concurrently. More than that. I am very worried for you. Yet you pushed me away, closed me out. I am blind to what you are doing, and that worries me to hell.

Boxing and punching could do little to dissipate the pent out tension in me.

This frustration is seriously eating my insides and killing me!

 

Kim committed a bizarre crime. KS is still missing. You are not here.  I am crossed. As if there isn’t enough to mess up my mind, I saw GD with you in the cafeteria. He is really a pain.

 

I pulled and dragged you into the library.

I couldn’t help but lashed out at you.

I know.. I know everything. I know you are strong. I know I am not your priority. I know I should not try to deter you, or say these to you now.

What else do I know? I know that I have to change myself to love you. I know you are special more than anyone else (special here not only means strength that I know so well, it also means who you are to me too).

Yes, I trained you, I honed you, I helped you to achieve what you like to. But that doesn’t mean you can place yourself in obvious danger. I know KS is your bestie but think before you act. I beg you.

The perpetrator is very smart, that makes him even more dangerous. I don’t want you to walk right into the trap that he has meticulously laid for you.

By knowing all that, and you are closing me out, not letting me know your plans and what you are doing, being blind to all those…. I… I am going insane with worry for you. I am so frightened and scared that you’ll fall into Kim’s trap, face him alone and ... it chilled me to think further.

I am so concerned, so tensed up. But you didn’t listen to me and ran right into his turf without telling me, without waiting for me to find out more. You just run there yourself. What should I do with you? What should I do with myself? Do you know? That hurt so much, in my heart. My mind is all confused on how to move on.

There is one thing that I am very sure - I am crazily in love in you. Hence, the worry and pain. I have lost too much over the years. I can’t lose you. I plead with you. Please listen to me. Bong Soon, please come to me, will you?

I held on to your hand. I can’t lose you. I simply can’t.

You are not a monster. Don’t choose to be one. Let’s do this together. 

“Am I easy to you, because I am violently in love in you?” I saw the load of pain in your eyes too.

But you shook my hand away. Even after all I said.

Don’t leave me. Do Bong Soon. YA!

 

I am so mad, mad with you. Madden with worry, by worry.

 

I stormed into the break-room, where you were. Looking at your back view, my heart melted. Let me try to get through to you, by another route. I must get through to you, no matter what.

You must be starving. Please eat. Eating gives you strength that you need to fight.

Do Bong Soon. If you go hungry, I’ll too. I still can’t convince you to eat something. I still can’t ease the tension between us.

I changed tact. I must get you to listen. So, I gave in - I am sorry. It’s my fault. I apologised.

“You are not at fault. You don’t have to apologise.” What did you say? This is the last stand. You have just stomped on my last strand of patience. Alright, it is up to you. I did all I can. My anger broke its threshold, temper snapped and crashed its celling.

I stride out of the break, slamming the door, breaking its hinges.

 

Facing my lunch, I can’t even put a bite into my mouth.

I gave up. Gave up on lunch. Gave up on my silly insistence. Only thing that I’ll not give up is my continued pursue to convince you to listen. If you want to face him, you can, but let us do this together.

First, let’s get some food into you. Then, I’ll calm down and try to persuade you again. I couldn’t let you walk into an obvious trap like this. I ordered spicy chicken feet for you, hoping that you’ll eat something, even when you are upset with me.  

As you are not around, I left the chicken feet snack on your desk. I stared in the ceiling for a while, wrote on a note on how how I actually feel, and placed it in the bag :

Whatever you say, or think, my feelings are still the same.

We are in the same building. Yet, I missed you time and again. Where are you?

 

I ended the scheduled interview, which I really had no mood to do today. What official work that needs to be done had been done today. Why are you still not back at your desk?

You took the rest of the day off? Sigh. At least you took the spicy chicken feet. I left for home too.

 

I studied Kim’s criminal profile carefully.  Name, age, height, criminal history, mental, emotional, and personality characteristics,  .. usage of rifle – special liking on opponent’s midriff.   

 

I stared closely at my monitors, monitoring your location.

You are at home now.

I paced around, wondering what would happen and how to proceed.

Your tracker moved. You left your house towards a new location.

I picked up my car keys and ran out.

Yes, I would need some help if Kim has any accomplice although that wasn’t recorded in his profile.

Only person whom I can think of - GD.

GD, I think Bong Soon could be in danger. I am sending the location to you now. Pl be there as fast as you can!

I have to save you. I stepped on the accelerator. My plan is direct and simple – Save you first. The rest can wait.

 

I saw KIM strangling you. "KIM!  Let her go! I’ll kill you if you hurt her!" I am fuming. I fought hard. He is good. I am good too. I learnt all these combat skills in US. This time, I know I couldn’t afford to lose.  

I tricked him and hurt his arm.

GD is here. He got to KIM. I’ll leave KIM to him. You are more important.

I ran to check on you. I have never seen you in such a state. Cautiously, I hold you up. I hear your weak voice. I hugged you tight, told you that I’m right here for you.

When your voice broke and lost consciousness, I screamed.

At that very moment, the feel and fright of losing you was so close, so real. I was hysterical and shook like a leaf.

I was paralysed with fear, and anguish.

 

 

I am over the moon now.

So this is how it feels to be so in love, and be loved.

 

KS, yes, she has not texted me today.

KS! What are you doing?

Her reply sounded funny for she doesn’t call me BS. Her text replies are short and words are not the lingo that she usually uses. Is there something wrong? She said she would be here, but she isn’t. She has time to text but is too busy to call me? What can she be busy with at this time of the night? This is seriously strange!

Yes, she has the police beeper on her.

GD, is there anything on her emergency beeper? She didn’t call me. She should be here but she is not, which is WEIRD. She is never late. Can you help me check it out?

Ommo..  what’s going on? KS’s text. "Is Dol Kong doing well?", I asked. This is an anecdote that only KS, GD and I know. I hope that I’ll get the right answer.

Yes. What? Yes? Dol Kong, the dog, has passed away! We even did a funeral for her. The one who replied using KS’s phone is not KS. Ommo.. KS .. Someone has captured KS! GOSH! Kim Jang Hyun! Must be you.. Everything has been put aside. I dashed to Kim’s junkyard straight away. I’ll rip off everything there to find KS!  

KS! KS! Where are you? I couldn’t find her in the junkyard.. couldn’t locate Kim too.

I freaked out.

 

Min. Please… please help me. You can find anyone you want, isn’t it? PLEASE. Please help me find KS. I didn’t hear anything. I just rant on. I only heard my own pleas. PLEASE. Necklace? I want to go home. I checked my phone again. Did I doze off?

I viewed the clip again. That ambience noise sounds familiar. That sound.. yes, the junkyard. I ran to the junkyard again. Maybe he’ll be back. The presentation… saving a life is more important. Let me find KS first. I am mad. I am desperate. I am worried. I want my friend back! I threw and smashed all the junk cars around. Those are easy stuff. Suddenly, I see an opened container. I walked in. Maybe she is inside? Could she be?

It is dark inside.  

The corridor and staircase are moist and mouldy. I found KS’s cracked mirror. I am sure KS has been  here. Anyone here? I cracked open the cages, opened the chains and freed the abductees. Poor girls. Please run. Take this way. Here, let me carry you.

Where is KS? WHERE? I still couldn’t find KS. Was she taken away?

Something exploded. Debris flew everywhere. We flew backwards by the force from the explosion. I cleared a way through with my strength and led the abductees out.

Kim’s assistant is mad. Why can’t he tell me where KS is? After all these, I still couldn’t find KS. I only found a cracked mirror.

KS! WHERE ARE YOU? WHERE?

The police are here. Sirens sounded really loud.

I had to leave.

KS is not here. What should I do? What is the next step??

Worried. Vexed.

I saw you waiting for me. I felt apologetic.

I boarded your car. I know you are upset.

I am sorry, Min.

Yes, I saved those girls. Kim is nowhere in sight and I still can’t find KS. I only found a cracked mirror. There is a tear within me. I am more upset and nervous than anyone else.

I know you are angry as I didn’t listen to you. I wanted to find KS and see her safe more than anyone else. Don’t you understand? 

I left in hot tears.

 

Beside my bed, I thought and wept for almost a day. What can I do now, other than to wait?

Kim committed a bizarre crime. KS is still missing.

I left for work. GD contacted me. He knew as there is no other Hercules who could open up cages the way I did. Yes, I admitted to my vigilante act. Whatever you call it. But I did that to look for KS. 

You dragged me to the library. You yelled at me. I shouted back. I told you from Day 1 that I am different, I am not the same from the other girls you had met. Being different from the rest cost me many possible acquaintances, gave me a lot of loneliness. You may not comprehend fully yet but KS is the only friend who I have through those days, when I had to hide my secret, when I was the outcast, when no peer likes me.

Kim Jang Hyun, this villain is the toughest whom I encountered so far. Maybe no one, or should say no female, has beaten him before. But I had. So, that has evolved into a personal feud. KS is being abducted as the culprit is targeting me (and the people who are closest to me).

You trained me. You honed my skills. I am deeply grateful. You have been hurt time and again because of me. Kim is dangerous and in the dark where I can’t see. Especially after I saw the eerie and dreary torture dungeon that Kim had created, how he abused the abductees, the more I am determined to keep you out of the perilous situation that I am caught in now.

Over the years, I had come this far by myself, this time, I need to face and conquer myself too. Because I care greatly about you, I don’t want to get you involved. I have to refuse you, in order to keep you safe.

Torn between two important persons in my life.. but KS got caught in Kim’s vicious web due to the feud between Kim and me. I have to save her now.

Keep out of this now, Min. This is for your good.  Stay on to your life, be healthy and quirky. Be the CEO I know and love.

I hear (I know) that you are in love with me. I too have fallen for you. If not, I wouldn’t had wanted to keep you safe. No matter how many different locations my heart is in now, I know that the more I love you, the more I have to leave you now.

If I can be back alive, I’ll tell you all. Now, is not the time. I daren’t talk to you now, else my will might collapse as you are too warm, too touching, too close to my heart. It is too easy to succumb into your arms.

I clenched my fist, closed my heart, blinded my sight and said a lot of things that I don’t mean, just to keep you out of this.

Believe me, Min. I want to live like a normal person too, but with my strength and a close friend who went missing due to me, I can’t do that. Let me remain as a monster now. After I find KS, I’ll explain to you, if I can come back alive.

I don’t dare to ask you to wait, as you wouldn’t sit and wait, considering your character. I’ll have to shut you out for the moment.

This is my way to protect you, Min.

My heart disintegrated as I walked out. I had to do what I had to, to keep you safe. Tears welled in my eyes.

 

This is one of those days that I am too worried to do anything. You came in. I am sorry. That’s all I can say. I am not in the right mood to talk now. It is not the right time now too. I am not hungry. I can’t eat as KS is starving too. You don’t have to starve with me. Min, you are not at fault. So, don’t apologise. I see that I have just fuelled your anger. The door was smacked near me.

I know that you have a temper.

My broken heart has been smashed up further. And I hate myself that I can’t hold you now.

I can’t focus at all. Kim called. You coward, come out from your hiding! Return KS to me. I’ll give you whatever you want. You jerk!

You are not in your office. I left you a note on your desk, took the carrier you left on my desk and left for home. KS, I’ll save you.

I’m sorry. Please consider today as my day off.

 

I read your note in the carrier. I teared. But now I can’t afford to go to you, and put you in harm’s way. I’ll explain, when I come back in one piece.

 

I went to meet Kim with determination. Kim. I want and have to punish you.

I see KS in a distance. Oh no. I harmed an innocent unknowingly. KS got caught again. KIM has tricked me.

No matter what, I have to fight. I wouldn’t give in and die just like this. But.. I lost my immerse strength and was held up and thrown to a side.

I heard your call.

Then..

Your voice.

Your hug.

Min..

Those were the last things that I recalled.

 

 

Dear Hyun

This is probably the most realistic episode so far.

Two people who just become close, getting to know each other better, adjusting to each other’s styles, who are equally strong-willed, equally good (in combat), stubborn in their own right, fiercely protective of their close ones by their respective definition.

I can see where this is going - This conflict may make them understand each other more.

Bong Soon panicked. Bong Soon is desperate. The only person she can trust to find Jang (and thus KS) is through Min Hyuk. That’s why she went to him. In her terrified and confused mind, she didn’t hear anything. She just said what she wanted to. I actually hope she heard what Min Hyuk had said, and don’t walk right into a trap. Of course, it is easy for third parties like us to comment on her reaction. Why you are looking out from the first or second person’s POV, it’s much harder to keep that objective.

This test came so close to their first acknowledgment of each other. This is a big test. During this test, we see that there are such similarities in their characters - the will to protect those dearest to them. They have been lonely for a long time. They don’t have many whom they can trust and love. When danger cast upon their few love ones, they go all the way out. Determined and seriously protective of the ones they love, so persistent and simply refused to put each other’s in possible harm, no matter the case.

I love the intensity, outburst, rage, desperation, despair, resolve, determination et cetera, exploded so brilliantly in this episode.

 

Dear Yeong

 

Min Hyuk knows that he is not her priority. But she has always been his priority, be it then, or now.

 

Of course, you can put it that she has much more people to protect. Her superior strength and independence all the years made her more stubborn, as she had carried too much, for too long. Now, with him, she needs to learn how to share her load. Not telling her to offload her load on him, it is to share out the load, which he gladly wishes that she does. 

 

He has to announce to postpone the presentation as she is not there. He picks up what she left and didn’t finish. He never blamed her of any wrongdoings (for he can see it from her POV, he just wanted her to let him be involved). He gets lunch for her, even though she wanted to call it a day, told him to leave, didn't listen to him..

 

He apologised, even when he is not at fault. He apologised as a step to save their relationship, to save her life. He wouldn’t do and needn’t do such in the past. Bong Soon is just so special to him.

 

Put it simply - He has only her. He puts her infront of everything else. Does she appreciate that yet?

 

Between them, she is the relatively impulsive one. He is more rational, be it then, or now. While she always acts first, he always thinks first. Of course, the one who is kidnapped is her bestie, and he can relatively more objective, you can argue. (If she has been stabbed then in episode 9, do you think that gangster chief will live much longer?)

 

Anyway, to love who you love, that’s part of real love. If only Bong Soon could see this then.

 

She was outcasted then due to an immerse strength that she can’t reveal. He was outcasted then due to a lack of strength to defend himself. He is admirable as he learnt how to fight and evolved from the weak to the strong. What he has is more mental strength, compared to her forte – physical strength.

 

Both have weaknesses. They are imperfect, thus making them more believable. What makes them even more believable is their emotions, portrayed so true, erupted with such intensity, tremendously convincing.

 

 

Dear Hyun

I agree with you.

I can see that much you see and read here.

 

Worry

Min Hyuk is worried about Bong Soon

  While Bong Soon is worried that Min Hyuk will get hurt due to her

 

Help me

Min, help me help KS

Bong Soon, help me help you..

 

Boon Soon knows that Min Hyuk loves her. Just that in order to love him, she wanted to keep him safe first. Their expression (and manner of handling) the situation differs. She needs time, to learn, and appreciate, that two heads are better than one, and she needs backup, no matter how strong she physically is.

   PS - Although placing a tracker on Bong Soon sounded intrusive, Min Hyuk only activated that only as a last resort, that could be considered protective.

 

Dear Yeong

The strongest relationships are formed not without arguments.

Reasonable argument is the key ingredient in this can't-live-life-without-each-other genre of love. This arguing – by two equals finding themselves in the throes of healthy debate. Nothing is more stimulating than this.

Prior to the test, what they see was “I”. After this test, may they gain and appreciate something that is more powerful – that is seeing beyond “I”, that’s seeing them as an item, which is “Woori (Us)”. I wish that she sees him as an inseparable part of her, as part of her team.

PS - Yes, it is only a fine line between protective and possessive. What Min Hyuk did could be seen as possessive, but he only used it as a final resort, and it had saved Bong Soon. So, that's considered protective. If only she can learn to open up to him, then, this necklace will be less necessary.

 

Dear Hyun

One track for Min Hyuk in those darkest hours, in his playground, in the library, when he is writing the note to be placed in the bag of spicy chicken feet – Nothing Gonna Change My Love For You.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr97MQiqW38

 

Dear Yeong

Most appropriate choice.

 

If the road ahead is not so easy
Our love will lead the way for us
Like a guiding star
I'll be there for you if you should need me
You don't have to change a thing
I love you just the way you are

 

So come with me and share the view
I'll help you see forever too
Hold me now, touch me now
I don't want to live without you

 

Nothing's gonna change my love for you

You oughta know by now how much I love you

One thing you can be sure of

I'll never ask for more than your love