Happy Together

Distance

Episode 6 - Happy Together
 

They are really fighting over me. Are they? If so, I am flattered.

I can’t let GD stay here and let CEO get near to him.

NO!

Ended up in the pub and these two guys are really fighting endlessly. So kid-dish. Oh, I am so bored. They competed one game after the other.  One common trait in them - neither can admit to defeat. They don’t allow me to drink but they kept drowning the rounds till both are as hammered as each other. I had to use my fists and save them from robberies and thugs and then, send them home. What a night! Aren’t these men ashamed of themselves? I finally can turn on the car radio now! Looking at the rear-view mirror - both are dead drunk. Could these drunkards protect me? Or is it the other way around? Of course, I took good care of GD and placed him on the sofa, whilst that annoying CEO is on the cold floor. Serves him right.

Imagining them competing no end while they are awake… and how they treat each other when they are hammered.. I mused and laughed over it. The men muttered and cursed a while.. then silence. Good. They are settled down. I tuned down the lightings, washed up and went to bed.

I cooked hangover soup for them two this morning. I was seasoning the soup and a naughty thought came in my mind. I smell the pungent spices and shivered. I am not drinking the soup!

They look at their hangover soup and my bread. Well, I wasn’t drunk last night, so I don’t need hangover soup now.

I laughed at their painful expression over the overly spiced/spicy hangover soup. Serve you right for your non-protection last night. >.<

Both you can’t be together too. Can’t you recall how close you two were hugging each other last night? You two are ?? I can't describe it. I slapped CEO and GD a few times as a result.

Another threatening call came for CEO. Who is that annoying stalker?

GD left for work. Leaving CEO and me in the house, and the bickering continues. I am in no way losing to you in any way. Don't force me to hurt you in any way.. keke (That's said at the moment of anger, of course!)

CEO is bothered by online humours of him being gay. He promptly asked his contacts to delete the online news. Then, I realised that he helped to remove the “pole dancing girl” videos. I sincerely thanked him for his gesture. I couldn’t imagine that he is the kind soul who did this prior to today. I sort of regretted deliberately hurting his stomach this morning. Anyway, he didn’t eat much and I don’t see him feeling discomfort in anyway. So, he is fine. Well, he can’t blame me for each and every incident he encountered.

CEO is amazing. He found so much details of his stalker via his sources.  Let’s find the stalker. KA JA! Do it now. I’ll drive. Let’s go.

I slammed hard on the brakes as the two cars in front seemed to be involved in an accident. The tall male from the car in front screamed loudly at the female driver who has crashed into his car, despite her apologies and explanation that the car damages will be covered by her car insurance. He continued swearing and blasting his blasphemies despite all her explanations. He is obviously bullying her! I alighted and crept inbetween that duo, trying to talk some sense into him. He bullied me too as I am a petite female! Till CEO stormed in, poked him, loudly reprimanded him, then he backed off. I see, he is afraid of the strong and bullies the weak. Typical weakling. I sneaked away. Let me punish him a little.

I just lightly scolded and scared him and that road bully vomited. That’s gross. Oh mine, CEO saw it all. Oppps. Never mind. He knows my strength all along. There is nothing to hide. Let’s go. I only punished the bully, that’s nothing wrong with it.

Am I King Kong? Gosh, since when did I become King Kong? Yes, I don’t have that confidence. You don’t see how I was treated at home. You want to train me? Yes, you are right, I need to train to put my strength into good use. That’s why I don’t perform well in the higher level of your games. Like you said, I need to train and evolve. Thank you. Almost the first time, I see that someone trust and believe in me.

What? You made me act as your fiancée? Are you mad? Marry? Kid? I thought I am crazy enough. You are worst! I choked on water.

Crazy guy (just when I thought you are more sensible). Woke me up so early and do such easy stuff. You asked me to climb and I did. You told me to run and I did. Do I stop now?

GD’s girlfriend left him. I actually comforted him that his ex- will return. You’ll not feel the pain now, it’ll come later. That pain is actually constant, throbbing, hurting. We are always remain at the same step, at the same level call ‘friends’.

Midway through the night, I actually felt thirsty. Had to climb up and get to the kitchen for water.

 ARghh, who is in the kitchen!

 

Dear Ahn

This episode left me laughing in tears (DBS and AMH’s non-stop squabble), cheering with spirit (how DBS punished the bullies), and craving for more of their adventures! I can’t imagine DBS and AMH being portrayed by anyone other than PBY and PHS. Their incredible chemistry seen and felt here is undeniable. Not a bit more, not a bit less. It’s appropriate, just nice, to the point and viewers can only applause and give them thumbs up!

Considering that DBS left AMH on the floor and GD on the sofa, I thought only AMH’s bowl of soup is spicy. I am so happy that she punished both guys by giving them both spicy soup, ie, there is less discrimination here since both didn’t protect her last night.

How AMH and GD treated each other after they are drink was really funny. I was almost rolling on the floor in laughter!

Really, the bickering between AMH and DBS are really enjoyable. She really should put down that one-sided love and focus on herself. She shouldn’t put away her strength, wittyness, and sharp tongue, (like who is she in front of AMH – strong, sharp, brilliant, righteous, although clumsy at times etc) just because GD likes fragile girls? She should do something for herself. Not being feminist here, but do something truly by her, for her.

I really love one particular scene in this entire episode. Do you know which is it?

Yes, you are right that AMH will be puzzled too. Thus, I added a question mark for the AMH penguin.

I am enjoying SWDBS so much. I could find the comedy, and the logic behind. With your explanation of Ahn’s actions, that adds tremendously to the meaning that I look for. Thank you.

 

 

Dear Do

Yes, many scenes in this episode are simply comical and entertaining.

That one particular scene in this episode that you asked  - It should be where AMH and DBS are facing the sunset, where he encouraged her in kind words. This moment is significant. This scene, could be one of the turning points.  The gift that Min Hyuk gives Bong Soon – not to be discouraged/disgraced by who you are, and your gift. He will teach her how to control and use her power effectively (just like how he trained himself, and pulled himself up and together.) In time, she will channel her gift into good use, and doesn’t hurt herself and her loved ones.

Having said that, I was internally hoping that their entertaining bickering doesn’t end as a result. I am pleasantly greeted by the fierce exchange of words in his car.. I was laughing no end!

The scenes where the men are drunk are seriously funny. The way the Cinderella GD and Prince AMH treat each other, so different from the normal day - I can see that that is purely meant for entertainment purposes. In the earlier episodes, especially the scenes in the pub already revealed that AMH isn’t a gay. He is not denying the rumours probably due to the free marketing those tabloids are giving him. In AMH’s artistic line of work, I am sure that there are people with different inclinations and with his brilliant people skills, he will be able to handle them smoothly. Ultimately, we are who with we are and we respect who each other really is (are). Do you see my point?

Although she left him on the freezing floor, he still checked on her before he returned to his room. That shows his concern for her. Sincere and genuine concern. Is that a simple question on whether she is the hooded girl? Is that all? Again, talking about AMH’s slip of tongue that DBS is his fiancée, I don’t think someone who is as detailed as him would be so careless, to make this mistake, per se. In his subconscious, he already sees her in a different light. That’s how I view it.

Do, you have a brilliant and sentimental mind. Your reviews surprise and entertain me too. It adds another layer of understanding and enjoyment to the already fun SWDBS. It is nice to chat over something interesting. Thank you. It’s a great honour to know you.

I smile at your updated comic strip. It's so cute. Looking at my shaker pencil that I don’t really utilise now.. I thought you may like better, and have more use for it. Maybe I can put it inside the geometric design box and give it to you? Am I too abrupt? ... It is just a gift.. No harm asking.

Btw, I have something to ask. I have got something for you from a flea market last weekend. Do you mind if I send it to you? Or I can ask my colleague who is returning to Seoul next week to hand it to you? It’s something small. Don’t feel burden about it. Let me know.

 

I really cannot stand this GD chap.

You are totally dazed. I can’t let GD stay here and get near to you.

Since you blurted out that I am gay (character assassination again!), I also uttered that you are my bodyguard. You glared at me. Well, I just returned you the 'favour' you gave me. An eye for an eye! To think that GD believed our ridiculous explanation!

What shall we do now? Since we have a long night.. Let’s go out and have fun!

Snooker. Fundamentally, it is focus, concentration, aim, position control, break shot, jump shot.... the list is too long. Anyway, he simply can’t play it. What has him been doing all his life? I gave him advice but he didn’t follow. I could win this game with one eye closed. GAME OVER in no time. I won, of course!

I lost in darts. Well, that’s my weakness.

Since its 1-1, let’s go for another round.  Drinking! I’ll start. I can’t recall the no. of drinks I downed into my throat. Then, I can’t remember anything after that.

COLD! FREEZING! My back hurts. HEY! That’s my blanket which is covering GD! She really discriminates me! I still can’t see my pink hoodie’s face. I almost saw her face. This is the nth time already. I checked on you on the way to my room, on whether you are okay. Seeing you sleeping soundly, I feel unusually contented. Pink hoodie, you, can I link you two together? No, you can’t be her. You can’t be. Wouldn't be so much of a coincedence? Good night.

You are really not in a sound frame of mind when GD is around. Both you can’t be together.

Breakfast is left untouched as it is spicy. Way too spicy. You hurt my stomach! I need Water!

He gets chocolates when I don’t. This is my house. My stomach still hurts. And the stalker called again. That scumbag. Can’t we talk face to face? I’ll see what you can do to me tomorrow, at the Directors’ meeting.

You want to see my hurt stomach? I always get hurt here and there when I am with you? You threaten me with your strength again? That's your forte. Okay, I take the humble pie now temporarily.

Rumours of me being gay caused adverse effects on Oseong's stock prices. These conservative people are really... Reporter, please delete the rumours like what you did to the othe video. Yes, you should be grateful to me.

Yes! They found the motorbike.  I distrust the police as they are inefficient and I am smarter them. I found not only his phone no, I also found his name and other details. Let me finish some work today, before hunting him down. He’s already within my reach anyway.

Let’s go? We Go Now? YA! Wait for me.

That road bully. Annoying. Need to alight to check it out.. Well, Where are you? You are already there! When do you ever listen to me first?

Why are you bullying her, them? Your car looks fine. She has apologised and will compensate you. It’s not her fault. Do you have to be so harsh? I pushed him. Scolded him. That jerk, just bullies small girls. He just needs a tall and strong guy (or a figure of authority, maybe the police) to reprimand him to get some sense into him. Scumbag!

That irresponsible driver just escaped. Where? Where are you? I quickly followed that jerk’s car. You actually tried to punish that jerk. Oh mine, you are driving me crazy. You are crazy. To think I am crazy, you are crazier! Your xxxx mouth is amazing. Doesn’t you need to breathe? 

That driver vomited. That’s disgusting..

I stammered after witnessing your unusual power, will and strength.

I suddenly feel like the 'beautiful heroine' in King Kong. & Yes, you are the peanut sized King Kong. How could a petite person has so much power. Our daughter will have such power since it runs in the females of your family? Don’t lose confidence. You didn’t do anything wrong. Suddenly, my sympathy, empathy, even admiration for you, all surfaced together.  Just like I am just handsome, being born like this doesn’t mean that its your (my) fault! The other night, you told me you wanted to use your power for good? Just use it to the fullest. I’ll help you. You just need training. If you just have brawn, you’ll just be downgraded in your game. You need a trainer to know how to channel and use your strength properly, then you will evolve and conquer.

We looked at each other, smiling, not bickering for the first time, in admiration of each other. In awe. In peace.

To pre-empt that you move too fast and disappear again, I took your phone and installed an appl quickly. Although this appl works only when your phone is switched on, it's better than not knowing where you are.

I need and found the perfect girl to stand-in, (just in case) as my girlfriend, in front of my so-called family, so they’ll back off a bit. So, you need to do me this favour before I train you. I was being pushed to a corner and uttered that you live with me (it’s the truth), I pushed a bit further.. Get married (I asked just now. Didn’t I?) and have kids (that’s a bit far stretched, I know.. but we need to be more convincing, isn’t it? We don’t do things half way).

Why am I being scolded by you so badly? What I said, I know.. It just happened. All right? That was the only way out! Didn’t you see it? Are you really so mad at me? I am your boss and I am driving you around while you are on the line!  When in anger, you really doesn’t need to think or breathe. You are incredibly amazing! The peace found earlier this evening has just disappeared.

WAKE up, lazy. It’s so hard to wake you up. I almost ran out of breath.  What? I almost can’t believe what is happening in front of me! Who, no what are you? What are you made of? No physical demands seem to be difficult to you. You are really strong. No.. REALLY strong!

I hate the police station, and yet has to send you here to make a statement. Crazy, am I not?

Late at night, sleep evade my mind. Why? Why is that gangster in the hospital? I just can’t and haven’t figure it out.

After I finally slept… I was rudely awakened by a cold blade on my neck! What? Who is that? Is there a way out? ..

 

Dear Ahn

Yes, I do understand the part on “we are who with we are and we respect who each other really is (are).”. DBS didn’t belittle AMH due to the inclination that she thinks he is. There wasn’t any indication that she looks down on him. She just grumbles that he made her do too much! Here, she let the cat out of the bag to convince GD. Then, trigger his intuitive reaction to reveal her secret too.

I agree that AMH sees DBS differently. Just that DBS needs to realise and know how she sees him too gradually, progressively. Walking through the path (the process) makes it interesting. Reaching the destination too fast and easily may look boring to AMH, isn’t it?

No, no need for gifts.. (Is it too impolite?) It is just a gift.

Thank you for your kind thought. Oh… I usually run around between office and client places. May I ask your colleague to place it in one of the lockers in the Jongno sam ga subway Station? I’ll collect it directly. That’ll save me a trip to the post office too. Can I place something inside the box for you too? Your colleague can collect from the same box and pass to you. It’s not bulky. It does not contain liquids, ie, it will not get him (I suppose that your colleague is a he) stuck at the Customs.  Hope you will like it.

 

Dear Do

Cool. I’ll let you know after my colleague reached Seoul.

Talking about the beautiful sunset, I recalled that there is a hotel around 30 minutes driving distance from here. The sunrise and sunset, seen from different corners of the hotel, is breath-taking. It was maybe 1-2 years since I last seen it. It was this bright, brilliant and dazzling sun rising on Earth and retiring into the night.  Memorising moments.