Punks, Culprit's Thought

Distance

 

A REVIEW POSTED ON A WEBSITE

 

Episode 1 - Ridiculous Punks & Episode 2 - Culprit's Thought

 

My fingers crushed the bunch of incredibly hard walnuts again. Wow, how upset am I! Dismayed by the lack of brainpower which I didn’t choose to be unarmed with, nagging mum who keeps stepping on my weaknesses that I am more than aware of, constantly unemployed status. I tried hard but just failed time and again. How do I fill in this employment application form when I have nothing much to brat about? Not that I don’t have a strength but that is too overwhelming a strength that I need to keep under wraps. I had to. What’s troubling is I can’t use it for good cause at times, unless…. Oh, and one more person shouldn’t know about it, as he likes small and refined ladies, those who need to be protected. Why can’t I get him out of my mind after some many years? Argghhh. … I am seriously annoying me. I must help myself .. one day. But meanwhile… status quo… do I seriously have to live with this? Well, luckily, I have a doting dad, loving friend and considerate brother. My fingers continued its crushing spree unknowingly. “Noona, you are thrashing the walnuts!” Ommo! Miane. Dad needs the walnuts to be whole, not in its powder form. Oh.. oh yes. “Thanks, Oppa.” I consciously chase away my anger thoughts and lighten my touch on the walnuts.  

That infuriating man at the police station! Tall, gorgeous, but simply maddening. Why did he lie to the police? That adds load to the already tough police job! I glared at him. That scary cat, only stood to watch. Who needs his help though? I am more than enough.

Surprisingly, he is one of the only few who aren’t intimidated by me, especially after he witnessed what he shouldn’t have. Despite the heated exchange we had, I am pleasantly surprised and welcomed that someone treat me as an equal, not a freak of some kind. This man is special. He didn’t split the beans about my strength. (not as in the police will believe him if he did… nonetheless) … If he didn’t tell it to the police, he’ll not tell it at all. So, my secret is safe, per se. Anyway, everyone has a secret under their sleeves. Something others shouldn’t know.

Through these turbulent years that I had to suppress my strength, I found a and only venue that I can exhibit my power extensively, without any fear of being caught. That’s in the cyberspace, in games. Not any games, Anisoft games. Anisoft makes the best games, absolute fun, .. most challenging, only the strategy part, I’ll spend some, no, more time on it.

What? You are offering me a job at where? I am selective, you know. Anisoft? Are you sure? … Wait, I shouldn’t be too forward yet. What’s the terms? .. WOW! … Oh, okay. Since you ask….

This CEO is funny. It’s a one to one interview. No formal setup. No panel interviewers. What about my pay? Job scope? Work.. No yoga classes? No stop motions (or was it? Something close, isn’t it)? Silly CEO doesn’t understand?... Oh well, its just a mispronunciation.  How far can be meaning be distorted?

This infamously proud and lazy CEO, I hardly seen him work. All he does is play, followed by play and more play! How did Anisoft ever survive? To think I spent almost all my hard-earned money supporting his company’s games, just to fund his extravagant shopping spree due to his bad mood? I feel like banging my head against the wall.  Arghh, and he added Secretary Gong’s injury into my conscience account. (that was unconscious fault.. luckily, my strength didn’t suffer a retribution). Terrible CEO. I felt so good suddenly for I had smack his arm lightly the other day. If I exert just a teeny-wini-mini more force, if I can control it properly (have I ever?), his arm should be in a cast now, with him wringing in pain on the white sheets. No more shopping for him. That very thought of that ‘gay’ in cast floating in my fantasy satisfies me. DO BONG SOON!! What? NE (Yes)! Did someone just call me? Why did I reply so fast?

I am carrying all his heavy stuff. He? He has nothing in his hands! Idling around again! Oh mine. Yes, I am a lowly employee. A bodyguard who has to keep him protected well. With that, one day, I’ll step into the Planning and Development Team formally, with a blinking employee pass, with that in mind, I swallowed hard, with my pride buried deep in my stomach.

Give me a gift? That’s okay. There is NO NEED… Oh, okay. HOW DOES HE EXPECTS ME TO HOLD AN ICE CREAM, on top of ALL his PURCHASES!!! Shall I throw all those on the ground? Which one? As all cost more than my month’s pay! I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and smiled. I’ll not blow up. I didn’t explode when he put me in the possible path of a bomb, in the midst of an accident, I’ll not erupt now. Not to that cowardly cat. Oh mine, he really has a talent to trigger my temper.

He speaks so knowledgeably on the culprit’s intent. I can’t help but agree that his analysis is more brilliant and convincing that the statement given by the official police profiler. Is it anyone’s dream to be a criminal? That’s so unthinkable!

That unthinkable and unimageable can actually remember Gook Doo and just utter out my secret! And ever so casually. How? How did he do it?

Although I am all brawn, I still can’t protect a weak girl who was kidnapped. As a bodyguard, I can’t protect my boss. I feel so downcast…  I must protect CEO Ahn. I can’t let everyone around get hurt like this, ever, again. I’ll do something with the gift I am bestowed with.

Use you as a decoy for Gook Doo? No, you ‘gay’. Gook Doo is a policeman! .. Oh, stop it! You are very lengthy. Okay, we’ll stay together tonight. Just because you pleaded and I have a naturally nice and good character.

Incredible house. And lovely noodles. I am starving! The ramyeon is soggy. Oh mine! Such a waste. 

Yes, I tricked you to make more sales in my family’s walnut bakery. So? :P You can't bite me, anyway. I won, you know.

And Yes, I am not strong in foreign languages, don’t stomp on it anymore. Annoying.

Gook Doo, you are here! Where? What? Why are I caught right in the centre between Gook Doo and CEO, who are both about a head taller than me? This strange situation has never occurred in my mind.

 

'DBS'

 

 

It is already 2100 hours on a Friday night. Min Yeong didn’t manage to finish vetting and amending her design tasks as the pictures are all wrong to start with. Holding both the red and blue pen on one hand, alternating the colours, circling and marking places to be amended.. Something, somehow, just doesn’t feel correct!

Armed with a cup of hot chocolate, she browsed through several photo banks but to no avail. Intuitively, her right hand left the mouse and started twirling her pencil. Spin anti-clock-wise , spin.. There must be some more appropriate pictures out there! She quickly sent an email to her regular contacts for relevant pictures for use in her Aunt’s company’s latest advertisements. She is also assisting in the running of the firm as her boss is taking a few months’ break from work to recuperate from a recent health scare. Although the advert presentation is only due in a few more weeks' time, she likes to get things completed fast.

There is precipitation falling from the sky. It feels cold. She has no brolly. Standing at the front door of a commercial building, she stands still. Witnessing others come to fetch their loved ones. A little envious.  A sigh escaped her lips.

2200 hours. The rain mellowed into a light drizzle. She covered her head with her big bag and ran to the Jongno sam ga metro station.

2300 hours. She barely made it to catch the start. This is episode 3. Panting, she ran to reach the remote control.

0045, she washed her ramen pot and chopsticks. She sat down, twirling her pen in front of her laptop, recalling the past hour. She sat and started typing, from calm to furious, tapping from her memories, following her flow and trail of thoughts.