The Beginning

My Hyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Kim Hani. Nice to meet you all. Now, sit back and relax while I tell you my story.

I was still an infant when my parents made the decision to relocate to Busan. As you can read, I didn't have a say in wanting to move to Busan or stay in Seoul. That was where it all began.

Before I get any further into my story, I should probably tell you that I am not like most other girls out there. While most girls enjoy makeup, having long hair, and wearing short skirts or dresses, I prefer to wear a white tank or tee with my favorite black Puma jogger pant with my matching Puma sneakers. I have a pixie haircut because long hair always seems to get in the way. It just bugs me and I don't really like it.

Once in a while, you may see me in leggings. Leggings are probably the most feminine clothing I own. I don't like to show off my legs. If I wear shorts, it has to be knee length for me to be comfortable. Don't ask me why I just prefer comfortable clothing. I am an only child, so my parents doted on me a lot. You can probably say I am a bit spoiled. And.... I'm a tomboy.

Now, back to my story.

He was someone who had always been in my life the day we moved to Busan. He lived right next door to me and we practically grew up together. He was my best friend, my Hyung, Park Jimin. I know what you are thinking. Why am I calling him Hyung instead of Oppa?

************

"Hani-ah, my mommy told me that you are a girl. So why do you look like a boy and why do you dress in clothes like me?"

Little 5-year-old Jimin had asked 4-year-old me, who was picking up a rock and throwing it into a little creek nearby.

"I don't know Jimin Oppa. These clothes feel more comfortable than those flowery dresses that my mommy wants me to wear."

"Hani, don't call me Oppa. I want you to call me Hyung instead," Jimin requested while giggling away.

"But Oppa, I'm still a girl. I don't want to call you Hyung."

I remembered pouting back to Jimin while refusing.

Jimin laughed at my little tantrum before he replied to me.

"But I only want you to call me Hyung. I don't want you to call any other boys that."

"Oppaaaa!!" I wailed out loudly. I was against it.

"No Hani. It's Hyung... Jimin Hyung. Arasso nae dongsang?" Jimin protested. He was really persistent and really wanted me to call him Hyung.

"But..."

"No Buts. Hani-ah, you said we are best friends. If you call me Hyung, then I will be the only boy you will call by that name. I want to be special to you. Can you do that for me?"

I thought about what he said. He was special to me. Even though I was only 4 at the time, I liked spending time with Jimin and always followed him around. He was my only friend and I didn't want to lose him.

"Arassoyo Jimin........ Hyung."

I pouted in defeat. I was so upset back then because I didn't want to be seen as a boy in his eyes. I liked Jimin Hyung. Not only was he my best friend, he was my first love. It felt as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter