Missing

Babysitting a Baby and Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The clouds and fog were mostly covering the sky, not exactly the day JaeJoong would expect, but it somehow suited his mood. It is Saturday, the day mostly everyone has been waiting for, but today is the day he would probably dreaded the most. He look at himself in the mirror, checking how he looks, not that it really matters. His grey cardigan doesn't seem to be right whatever he does. He let out one last sigh before fixing the cardigan for one last time.

He went down to the kitchen to find Tiffany there.

"What are you doing here?"

Tiffany turns her attention to him "Oh, you're up." she said, trying to sound as happy as possible.

"What are you doing here?" he repeat,

"I'm making you breakfast. I didn't thought you would wake up this early." she turns back to the pan and flip the eggs.

"You cook?"

"A little, simple stuff. I don't have that much money to eat outside everyday." she shrug.

JaeJoong stayed silent for a few second, staring at her "Are you trying to gain sympathy from me?" he raise an eyebrow.

"Maybe." she shrug and put the egg on the plate, then serving it on the table "Your breakfast is ready." she announced.

"I don't feel like having breakfast." he said, without giving a glance at the meal served on the table.

Her lips jutted into a pout "Come on, it could be your first and last meal cooked by me."

JaeJoong glance back from her to the breakfast in front of him, then he left out a sigh before taking the spoon "Fine"

Tiffany's lips soon stretch into a smile, "Where are you going?" she ask,

"Nowhere you should know. Why?" he reply, monotoned.

"I was just wondering." she pause "I'll be taking care of Mason."

JaeJoong look at her, eyebrow raise "Isn't that what you always do?

She broke into a small laugh, which seems to be forced out from her lips "Right..I did, didn't I?"

They were once again enveloped in a silence, as JaeJoong continue finish eating his breakfast.

"I didn't do a great work at it though." she broke the silence "Mason, doesn't even seem to like me that much. He prefer you and JaeIn more. I must have caused a lot of problems haven't I? I'm always a burden to everyone."

JaeJoong place his spoon down and stood up, then took the his car key. Tifanny kept following right behind him, then she stop when JaeJoong turn back to face her.

"It's normal that you're not doing a great work and Mason didn't like you that much, since you abandoned him at such an early age." he blatantly said.

Tiffany took a few step back. Even though she knew she's in the wrong, she never knew that it will actually stab and hurt her this much to hear those words coming out from others mouth.

"But you're not a burden." JaeJoong continues "You are, from the very start, Mason's mother. And I'm glad that you came here to take care of him. So thank you" he slightly smile and turn back to walk out the door.

"Oh" he turn back around "the breakfast you made is not that bad actually." he added, before finally step out.

 

 

-----------------------------------------

 

 

JaeIn P.O.V

I grip on my school bag tight, not that it would fall or anything, it's just because I need to un-tensed myself, and nothing seems to work apparently. I've decided to quit self-pitying myself in the house and force myself to school, and here I am stopping in front of the school gate. I don't know how long I've been standing here, all that I know is that I can't bring my leg to take one step into the school ground and the reason behind it is because of Kim JaeJoong, and also almost everyone is staring at me, probably thinking I'm weird, which I understand why. I did woke up earlier than usual, since I know that this situation would happen, I just don't know how long will it take for myself to be ready to face it.

I decided to loose the grip off my backpack and take a deep breath, telling myself that I can do it and I'm just being paranoid about everything. I lifted my foot and just in a second I draw it back.
No, I'm not ready. Going to school is a stupid idea, probably I should go back home.

Just when I just turn around I saw Amber. I can see that her face turns bright almost immediately as she saw me "You finally decided to go to school."

"Yup?"

"Yup?" Amber raises her eyebrow "What's with the unsure tone?"

I let out a sigh "I don't know. I was thinking of going home. Maybe today's not the day for me."

Amber gave me the look like I just said something stupid "You've been stuck in your house for almost a week. If not today I don't know when is 'the day' for you to go to school."

"But-"

She grabbed my hand "I'll make sure you attend classes, even if I have carry you there."

 

 

What should I do now?!

Amber is dragging me towards the classroom, and I can't help but to think of everything bad that will happen as I'll enter the class and see JaeJoong. What should I do? Should I say something? A hello maybe? Should I bow while saying hello or should I just wave my hand. Or I can maybe greet him coolly, because I'm cool...okay maybe not. I'm like the biggest dork in school, I shouldn't even think about being cool.

I realize that we're coming closer and closer towards our classroom, and the power Amber put on the grip tells me that there's no way I would escape it. I just need to brace myself for the worse. I close my eyes and prayed, as Amber slides the door open, I took a peak and scan around the room to see JaeJoong, not there. I look through the room once more, and out the hall, no sign of him anywhere.

"Are you looking for JaeJoong?" Amber ask,

"No." I denied. Amber raise her eyebrow, and gave me the look "Maybe?"

"I think he's going to come a bit later." she said

"Yes...maybe."

 

Couple of periods has passed and there's no sign of JaeJoong yet. Did he caught a cold again? I wonder if he's okay. Is it because he was coming to my house last time? It was raining. Maybe I should come and pay him a visit later.
No. Stop.
I shouldn't. I cannot go back to JaeJoong's house. I'm not even sure that he is sick. Maybe I should give him a call. No, a text. Yes, a text.

*RRRRIIIINNGG*

The bell disrupt my jumbled thoughts. Turns out I was into my thoughts too much that I didn't paid any attention to what the teachers has said for the past few minutes.
I let out a sigh and close my books. I need to stop thinking about these things if I want great grades for college application.

 

 

Both me and Amber walks together through the hallway, me slurping the strawberry milk on my hand, while Amber is having a chocolate milk. We both walk towards the bleacher and sit down in silence.

"So, do you have anything you want to tell me?" Amber asked.

"Huh?" I kept slurping my strawberry milk and tried to act as normal as possible.

"About why did you decide to stay home and skip school" she continued.

I look away from her stare, I don't know how to explain things to her.

"JaeJoong?" she guess, and I meekly nod. Her expression turn a bit grim and I don't want that.

"But everything's alright now." I strech my lip to a smile, trying to assure her that I'm okay. I squint and block the sunlight as it shone right onto my face "I think it'll be better if we go and find somewhere with shades." I suggest. Amber agreed and we walk down to the field.

"JaeIn." Amber call out<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter