Chapter twenty-seven

The Grenhil Pack
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Can you believe that it has almost been a year since I started writing this story? Because I sure as hell can’t. But with twenty-seven chapter I sorta uploaded something every two weeks? (and sometimes once in two months but lets all ignore that XD)

Chapter twenty-seven: The situation at hand

Jihoon knew that it was stupid. He knew perfectly well that this could go very wrong. And yet… He had to. His body moved without him telling it to do so. And yet his eyes never left the threat that he knew Chanyeol posed now. The scent of rage hung strongly in the air, penetrating his nose and numbing most of his senses. Carefully he placed one foot in front of the other and again and again. Until he stood where he was right now.

In one smooth motion he slipped off his own warm cloak and hung it over the shoulders of the shivering mess that was Byun Baekhyun. The attack had taken a mental toll on the omega and he didn’t stop trembling in fear. That was probably what agitated Chanyeol as much. Jihoon knew just how much the pretty red haired omega meant to the alpha. He had witnessed the sheer admiration that the giant had for the smaller man. Startled from the sudden weight on his shoulders Baekhyun lifted his head and stared at him. The usual dark brown colour of his eyes had been replaced by a beautiful silver colour. It felt as if the moon was staring back at him and Jihoon had to swallow as the silver eyes never left his own.

“Baek?” Somewhere in the distance Jihoon could hear his own voice talking. His mind was still too distracted by these beautiful eyes. Yet he kept trying to get the omega to snap out of his trance. But there was no response from the red haired, silver eyed man. “Byun Baekhyun?”

Jihoon felt a shiver run through his spine as a warning and just in time he dove to the ground. The shimmer of metal near his head a testimony of his own luck and skill just now. “!” He heard himself curse as he saw the metal flicker in his direction again. “Calm down will you!” He shouted as he dodge the cold metal once more. Chanyeols red eyes glared at him in response. Not recognizing him in his anger.

“Oh come on…” Jihoon drew his own blade letting the sunlight hit the surface dangerously. “I really didn’t want to do this you know?” A whip of his wrist let sword dance in front of Chanyeol teasingly in an open invitation. That the enraged alpha gladly took.

Baekhyun was completely forgotten as the two became immersed in their own world. Jihoon kept baiting the taller, effortlessly dodging every attack that was thrown in his direction. None of them noticed Mingyu and Soonyoung walk up towards Baekhyun. Gently pulling him away from the battle as Soonyoung remembered the words Jihoon spoke to him long ago. “The mind of an enraged alpha is clouded, they gain tremendous strength from rage but their minds are incapable of thinking straight. They only think about attacking, fighting, attacking. Honestly an enraged alphas defence . The problem is dodging their attacks long enough to be able to counter attack.”

Soonyoung himself had tasted defeat at Jihoons pretty hands before. The small omega had easily overthrown him. Something that Soonyoung still didn’t like to admit. That wasn’t even the worst part of it. The worst part was the fact that Jihoon did it while smiling at him. There was no need for Jihoon to get serious. Not at all. Soonyoung gritted his teeth even thinking about it. He still had a long way to go and right now he was witnessing part of that long road ahead of him.

Jihoon had drawn his sword but he hadn’t even used it once. There had been no need to physically block an attack. His swift movements had been enough thus far.

“Mingyu,” he started, “Jihoon isn’t even getting serious yet, is he?” He felt the alpha tense up next to him and he instinctively knew that he was right. “Would any of us be able to beat him or Jeonghan at our current state?”

“No.” There wasn’t even a single doubt in Mingyus answer. “They will utterly destroy us if they got serious.” A hint of fear lingered in the air. “I’ve only once seen them fight each other and that was something I’ll never forget.”

“Chanyeol will win.” Both alphas spun around to see Baekhyun standing next to them. His eyes finally back to their normal dark brown colour as he watched the fight in front of them.

That was the moment in which Jihoon decided that he had enough. It happened in a flash and Soonyoung couldn’t even fully register what happened. One moment Jihoon was in front of Chanyeol and the next he was behind him with his dagger on the throat of the taller man.

“Does he have to tiptoe for that?” Mingyu whispered beside him in wonder and Soonyoung couldn’t help but snicker at the thought. Baekhyun apparently had the same thought process because he also suddenly cracked up. His laugh echoing throughout the forest.

The sound of his laughter finally snapped Chanyeol out of his trance. “Baek?” The knife on his throat forgotten he tried to move in their direction. Only to be reminded of the cold metal when it cut into the soft skin of his neck.

“Don’t move.” There was no warmth in those words at all. The command given emotionlessly.

“I think we upset him.” Soonyoung whispered to Mingyu.

“You think he heard?” The giant man whispered back.

Jihoons eyes lit up ice blue in response. “Of course I heard.” He gritted through his teeth. “But while you two are laughing about my height. I would like to remind you of the situation at hand.” He dropped the dagger down into the sand and took a step away from Chanyeol. “I still don’t like the idea of hurting you Chanyeol, be thankful for that.”

Only now did Baekhyun and Chanyeol recognize him, the paint on his face concealing most of his characteristics. “Woozi?”

Jihoon only nodded than he brought his fingers towards his mouth and whistled loudly. And suddenly Chanyeol and Baekhyun saw themselves surrounded. The dense forest gave way to men and women that gathered on the clearing. Jihoon gave an almost invisible nod towards Mingyu who started giving everyone their respective orders. “Get those men back to their own camp. We don’t want more prisoners. Neither do we want them lurking in our territory.” He tur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter