Chapter seven

The Grenhil Pack
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter seven: The Grenhil pack

 

He couldn’t go any further, his back was aching, his paws were stinging, his eyes were slowly closing, he was tired. Letting out a desperate sound Wonwoo waddled a few steps further before collapsing onto the ground, he cursed his weaker omega gender for having low stamina. In front of him both the alphas and Minghao were slowly gaining distance on him. This wouldn’t do, he had to move further, with all the willpower he could muster he forced himself onto his feet again. His poor front legs were shaking in defiance of his own will, this won’t work. Letting out another soft cry he laid down again, resting his head on his paws and closing his eyes. In his mind he apologised to the others for failing them, he suddenly heard paws trotting towards him, his eyes snapped open again. A big greyish wolf was making his way over towards him, bloodred eyes focussed on his tired body. In his state he failed to recognize the wolf at first, letting out a cry in fear.

The wolf immediately halted and laid down in front of him, that was when Wonwoo finally recognized Hansol and he wagged his tail in recognition. Hansol repeated the movement and moved further towards him, laying down close to him to comfort Wonwoo. There was one big downside to using your wolf from, no talking to explain situations but it seemed that Hansol understood his situation and seemed to have made his own decision to protect Wonwoo. Judging from Hansol being alone, Minghao and Junhui must be continuing their way home, hopefully getting reinforcements. Right now Wonwoo just wanted to sleep, Hansol growled in a friendly manner, as if telling Wonwoo it that it would be alright. Closing his eyes again Wonwoo drifted off into a deep slumber, this day had been a little too stressful for the normally lazy omega.

--- 

“They have run.” Out of breath the scout sat in front of him, kneeling down with his head facing the ground.

“Did they see anyone?” The question was logical, normally no one noticed their approach until it was too late. The scouts had been following the group for over a week without getting noticed, but now they suddenly ran off. Someone had blown their cover. He averted his eyes from the scout, “Any ideas on who gave away our cover?”

“No I don’t. I actually have more news, their group is not complete, the leader was not the others.” The scout started talking again. “But we have lost track of the leader in the woods.”

“How did you manage lose their leader!?” The pretty man was getting irritated.

“He went over  to the cliffside.” That answer was not sufficient for the irritated man and so the scout continued, “he was not alone on the cliff.” The man raised his eyebrow at that, no one from their own pack dared going there normally for good reasons.

Before the poor scout could continue his story, another scout came barging through the wooden doors. “The leader is back at the camp and the group on the run has split off into two smaller groups. The omega with them couldn’t run any longer. What do we do?”

“We have waited long enough, we strike tomorrow morning. Make sure to catch them all.” With that the man rose from his chair and walked out of the room. Preparations had to be made. The scouts kneeled towards the other people in the room and left to continue their own mission.

---  

Hansol was getting angsty, something about the forest was off, he heard way to many alarmed birds. Next to him Wonwoo was still fast asleep, the omega must have been dead tired yesterday. Hansol had enough of his wolf form and so he decided to turn back into his human form. Always take emergency clothes with you, that was one of the first things you learn in school about changing forms. Luckily Seungcheol had drilled that into his memory and so Hansol took his emergency pack is his jaw and made his way over to a nearby bush to change back.

When he returned dressed and all he saw Wonwoo sitting up straight. “Wonwoo please change back.” The wolfs tail moved sideways a few times and Wonwoo took off to the brushes himself, emerging a few minutes later in his human form and dressed.

“Are we going to continue our way back to Strenyard?” Wonwoo asked Hansol.

“That was my plan yes, we already issued your warning to Soonyoung and you left the information about us going back. If we don’t arrive back at Strenyard before him, he will worry for sure.” The comment made a lot of sense to Wonwoo, knowing Soonyoung he would instantly go back into the forest to search for his friend. A sudden loud noise made both of them alert, Hansol tried to locate the place the sound was coming from, but before he could find the source he fell down. Wonwoo’s eyes went wide open in surprise and fear. Think Wonwoo, he urged himself and tried to calm down, closing his eyes and opening them again slowly. Out of the forest in front of him he saw a person emerging. Holding a hollow piece of wood in his hands, Wonwoo directed his look to Hansol again and noticed the little needle sticking out from his side. Blowdarts!

“Calm down,” the person suddenly spoke, “I won’t shoot you, I just don’t want to be attacked by a crazy alpha.” Once he stepped out of the shadows Wonwoo could see his features better. The man seemed to be a bit shorter than him and appeared to be a beta. On his face a friendly smile that Wonwoo deemed unfit for the situation they found themselves in, the man had just shot down his traveling companion. With concern on his face he bowed down to check Hansols pulse. “Don’t worry he will wake up in about six hours from now, quite strong stuff this tranquilizer. Some alphas are faster though, something about their incredible immune system or so I was told.” Wonwoos inner doctor woke up at that, alphas were indeed physically stronger than the other sub genders. He breathed a sigh of relieve.

“Who are you and why did you shoot him down?” Wonwoo asked the stranger, “We did nothing wrong we are just traveling through the forest.”

The stranger seemed amused by his question, “I shot him down because you are trespassing through our forest, but I think that you already figured that out didn’t you? So from that you now know that I am an inhabitant of the Grenhil forest. The name is Chan.”

The Grenhil forest? The Greenhill pack, Hansol had told them that name, turns out the man was right about there being people in the forest, they had just misheard him. Grenhil. The name sounded too peaceful considering the fact that they were hunting down every intruder in their forest.

“While I would like to chit chat a bit longer, I need to bring you two to Grenhil. So will you help me carry the big one?” Chan dared ask him. Wonwoo had the word no on his lips when Chan slowly pulled out a little dart from the belt around his waist. “Look you can either just follow me and help, or I have to shoot you down too. Either way the after effects of the tranquilizer are a bit annoying to deal with so I would advise you to just follow me now.”

“Fine…” Wonwoo stood up slowly and looked at Chan, “So how are we going to carry the big guy, in case you haven’t noticed I am not the strongest person around.” As an answer Chan looked around and behind him a person jumped down from the trees.

“Will you be so kind to carry him?” The person walked closer and looked at Wonwoo with a bright smile. When he was near him Wonwoo saw that he was quite tall and it seemed like the man was an alpha. With ease he lifted Hansol up over his back and started walking back towards Chan who was already on his way towards what Wonwoo assumed was where Grenhil would be.

“You coming?” In a few steps Wonwoo was next to the tall alpha and somehow he felt saver than ever before.

 

---  

 

“ RUN MINGHAO!” Junhui sped up quickly and ran towards Minghao, “THEY ARE COMING!”

“No we won’t run. Let’s face them, we can win.” Minghao answered confidently.

“I saw one of them just now and I don’t think you want to fight them, they won’t fight us one on one anyways.” Junhui reasoned and with those words he ran past Minghao leaving him no choice but to follow along. Their pursuers were in their human form too, so right now it didn’t matter that they used their human form as well. However they needed to increase the distance between them and their pursuers. Without saying anything he stopped running and placed his hands on the ground, turning back into his wolf form. Minghao halted when he didn’t hear footsteps behind him and turned around seeing the wolf suddenly running at him.

“Wanna race Jun?” The wolf in front of him playfully bent down on his front legs. Minghao laughed and turned into his wolf form as well, clothes ripping apart as they were not able to stretch around his wolfs body. Back home they would have new clothes anyways he thought. Without further thinking he ran off. Hearing Jun snarling behind him because of his false start. That wouldn’t matter anyway considering the distance they had to travel. Minghao didn’t worry about their pursuers anymore, no one he had ever met was faster than him and Jun.

 

---  

 

“Two of them escaped the forest.” The man sitting in a large chair in front of him moved his hands to his temples massaging them but remained quiet.

“Which ones did we capture?” From the shadows a pretty looking man spoke up.

“The omega and one of the alphas, the group looking for their leader still has not return

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter