Chapter five

The Grenhil Pack
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter five:  The eastern mountain expedition

 

Soonyoung woke up several hours later because of the sunlight reaching his eyes through the clouds. The cart and the merchants were long gone and Soonyoung was trying to find out what had happened. He remembered  running after the cart and the happy feeling of almost reaching it. After that his mind was clouded.

The others were most likely worried about him by now and he decided that he had to get up and get back to the town. His mind was still trying to remember yesterdays events, trying to come up with a reason why he passed out. That was when his tummy started rumbling again. Had he passed out because he was hungry and had ran for too long without eating? Soonyoung decided that it was the only answer that his mind could give him right now and he was at peace with his answer. The first thing he had to do was hunt for some food and after that he had to hurry his as back to Strenyard, because every passing minute would give Jisoo more reason to kick his later on.

 

---

It was afternoon by the time Soonyoung reached Minghao’s house, only to find that no one was at home. Wondering where everyone was he decided that he could use a nap and laid down. That was how everyone found him later that day. Wonwoo could have sworn that he saw steam rising from Jisoos ears when he laid eyes on Soonyoung peacefully napping on the couch in the living room. Never before had Wonwoo heard such a long preach from Jisoo, even Minghao had been surprised at how furious Jisoo was and he had chosen to go report to Seungcheol instead of staying home. The scolding lasted at least half an hour in which Soonyoung cowered away more with every passing minute. In the end Wonwoo had heard enough and he wanted to know what Soonyoung had done the night before, so he interrupted Jisoo talking about the importance of the trading deal and how Soonyoung ran off, to ask Soonyoung about where he had been.

The answer was even less satisfying than Wonwoo had thought. Apparently their head alpha had traced some random scent out in the middle of nowhere only to pass out because he didn’t eat for almost a whole day. Jisoo and Wonwoo could only shake their head and wonder how this guy was competent enough to lead them. Oh well the guy was at least a decent leader, he treated everyone equally, alpha, beta and omega alike. That was already a difference with most other clans in which a more hierarchical system was typical. Wonwoo had blessed the heavens on more than one occasion that he was born in a pack that appreciated omegas for more than their reproductive abilities.

“As much as I love to hear more about your little night trip into unconsciousness we have more important issues to discuss.” Soonyoungs explanation was cut short by Jisoo. “The Strenyard pack has accepted our trade offer and they will trade their food in return for peace and protection. However they will only give us three quarters of the amount we initially asked for.” That surprised Soonyoung, he had not expected that Seungcheol would accept that quickly. That he would accept was something Soonyoung did anticipate. “Furthermore, some of his men want to join your little expedition into the eastern mountains.”  If Soonyoung was surprised before right now he was simply shocked.

“Why do they want to join us?” Curiosity was getting the overhand in Soonyoungs mind.

“The eastern mountains are notorious for the many disappearances that happen there. Your case is not the first one, the Strenyard pack has lost countless of its members to the forest over the years. I believe that this is a chance to investigate the forest with a little army. ‘The more people go in, the more chances there are that some people actually get out’, were Seungcheols exact words.” Minghao stood in the door opening answering the question. “I am actually one of the persons who volunteered to go investigate.” The three members of the Vanghgard pack looked at each other thinking about the words Minghao just spoke. “I do advise you to appoint someone to take over your pack in case you disappear.”

“I have appointed Jisoo to look after the pack while I am gone.” Soonyoung informed Minghao. “Wonwoo will go with me, he is an excellent tracker and will for sure be a great help inside the forest.”

“So I guess that we have everything figured out then?” A deep voice came from outside, followed by heavy footsteps entering Minghaos home. “The only thing left is setting a date for the adventure.” Seungcheol made his way over to a chair and sat down comfortably. “What is for dinner today Minghao?” Leaving Minghao to shake his head and turn around into the kitchen. 

“I want to go as soon as possible, tomorrow maybe?” With hopeful eyes Soonyoung looked at Seungcheol.

“Well I am not going so you will have to ask Hansol, Junhui and Minghao when they can join.”

“Please get me out of here! If that guy messes up my house one more time I will commit the crime of strangling my head alpha!” Minghao answered from the kitchen right when Seungcheol stretched his feet over the table, leaving dirt behind all over its surface. Seungcheol chuckled in response while lifting his feet of the table and wiping the dirt off with the hem of his shirt.

“That leaves Junhui and Hansol and of course your own men.”

“I won’t take much people with me, it will just be me and Wonwoo. I need the others to protect the camp when I am not around.” The serious face Soonyoung made was in deep contrast with the expression he had before while getting scolded by Jisoo. “We can leave any moment, Jisoo can handle the rest of our deal.” He nodded towards the beta sitting across from Seungcheol in the room. “He is better at diplomacy and trading anyways.”

“I agree.” Seungcheol and Jisoo both

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter