Chapter twenty-eight

The Grenhil Pack
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haha no one expected this now did you? XD 

Chapter twenty-eight: The road down the mountain

“Don’t you think we have to go back?” Soonyoung asked Jihoon who was laying right next to him covered with both their cloaks. The shorter remained were he was, snuggling closer with the fur outline of his hood. “Jihoon?” An muffled huff followed by a slight movement Jihoons head. Blinking his eyes in the pale sunlight of the morning Jihoon looked up at him.

They had spent the night outside on that same rock, staring at the stars above them and finally falling asleep next to each other. Finding warmth in each other as their cloaks laid on top of them as blankets. Nothing really happened and yet Soonyoung felt as if the world was a brighter place this morning. The adorable face of a just woken up Jihoon only made it better. He ruffled the others bed hair and chuckled when the smaller man smacked his hand away in frustration.

“This place is still as beautiful as I remember.” Soonyoung let his eyes wander around once more. “But we still have to go.” He jumped up at those last words, ripping the cloaks off Jihoon in the same motion, leaving the other to suffer from the cold wind. Jihoon groaned loudly at the discomfort.

“Really?” He grumbled at him. “We still have time to spare. Besides there is a shortcut to Grenhil castle right over there.” Jihoon pointed to a rock formation at the other side of the valley and Soonyoung felt his eyes widen exponentially.

“You don’t really want to climb that, do you?” He knew the answer to his question before he asked it, but he still hoped Jihoon was joking. The ‘are-you-stupid?’ look on Jihoons face was enough to scatter his hope into small pieces. “Apparently we are going rock-climbing…” Now it was Soonyoungs time to grumble in frustration. “If I die while falling down, just know that it was your fault.” He sighed while pointing at Jihoon accusingly.

“Just think of it as a nice morning work-out.” Jihoon smile was a little too mischievous for Soonyoungs liking. The omega was definitely enjoying his suffering right now. His upcoming doom presenting the short man with some welcome entertainment.

“What did I do to deserve this?” He wondered out loud while raising his arms to the sky, gaining a burst of laughter from Jihoon.

“You’re so dramatic Soonyoung,” Jihoon gently tapped his shoulder, “I know you can do it. You’re a big, strong, tall, independent alpha after all. Right?” The gentleness replaced once more by mischief and obvious teasing as Jihoon packed his belongings. “It’s only a small climb, it’s easier than it looks, bonus points for the view once you reach the top.”

“I hate you.” Soonyoung groaned with remorse while collecting his cloak and weapons before obediently following Jihoon towards the rocky slope. Well slope... It was more of a cliff, with dangerous lose rocks that could cause you to lose your grip at any time. Not to mention it was way too high for Soonyoungs liking. He would never admit it but he had a little fear of heights that presented itself as a small trouble in daily Grenhillian life. He had a slight hunch that Jihoon would only abuse his fear if he told him about it, if he hadn’t already figured it out himself.

Meanwhile Jihoon was skipping in front of him, his guitar thrown casually over his shoulder. Soonyoung wondered how the omega even climbed with that thing strapped to his back. As the distance between them and the cliffside shrunk, the road ahead looked even more terrifying. “Jihoon… are you sure I won’t fall down?” Finally his insecurities started to triumph over his pride and his fear started to show.

Jihoon turned around to face him and was taken a back by the sheer distress on Soonyoungs face. “Are you…?”

“Afraid of heights.” Soonyoung filled in. “Yes very much. Thank you for your concern and general interest. You can laugh now.”

But Jihoon didn’t laugh. Instead there was a look of worry, followed by concern on face. “Why didn’t you say so?”

“I… I don’t know.” Why hadn’t he trusted Jihoon enough? Soonyoung really didn’t know.

“Oh well. You’ll still have to climb it. Otherwise Jeonghan will get angry at us.” Jihoon summed up their situation perfectly, smug grin showing. “And believe me, an angry Jeonghan is scarier.”

Ah. That’s why he didn’t tell him beforehand, because it wouldn’t matter anyways. Soonyoung was still going to have to climb the wall of death. Lucky him. “Well in that case I don’t have much of a choice. So there was no reason to tell you.”

Jihoon chose not to answer him and instead he started moving faster. Completely ignoring Soonyoungs ongoing complaints. When they finally reached the rock wall that they’d have to climb Jihoon stopped in his tracks. “Stay here for a bit.” He sprinted towards a little bush near them and emer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter