Chapter sixteen

The Grenhil Pack
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter sixteen: Be responsible please!

“I won’t allow it!”

“I won’t allow it!” Jihoon repeated mockingly, his voice grasping the attention of the remaining people on the clearing. The argument was becoming increasingly more heated with Mingyu being obviously unhappy with something Jihoon said. “Try me Kim Mingyu.” Jihoon threatened the giant alpha.

Soonyoung could see his pack members tensing up at the situation. Omegas weren’t supposed to talk back like this. If they said anything wrong to trigger an alpha it could end very badly for them. Little did his friends know that Mingyu was the cautious one right now. Although Soonyoung still didn’t believe it that the small cute looking bundle of fluff that Jihoon was could beat the tall man with his wide shoulders and very visible muscles.

The scene that was unfolding in front of his eyes right now became increasingly threatening but in a strange way very amusing. Jihoon had started speaking in a more hushed tone which led to Soonyoung being unable to understand what he was saying. Meanwhile he kept poking his index finger in Mingyus ribcage while he was talking to give more strength to his words. That lead to Mingyus face slowly darkening in annoyance.

“For s sake Jihoon!” He finally burst out. “Be responsible for once in your life! Even I can see the danger in your plan. THINK IT THROUGH!”

The mere volume of his voice seemed to shock Jihoon a little but he soon recovered only to spit back his own words. “I DID! There is no one better fit for this and you know it.” He folded his arms together which made him look like an angry child.

“What is going on?” Soonyoung decided to step in before the words turned into more.

Mingyu turned around to face him. “This idiot wants to go on his own little scouting adventure in Exodus territory. Apparently he thinks that it is a good idea to leave his pack behind while we are facing an imminent threat.”

“Oh come on Mingyu. We have to get more information about our enemy.”

“And so you think that marching into them yourself is the right way to do so?”

“Better than going back to Grenhil and idly sitting in the counsel room while others fail this same mission.”

Mingyu raised his arms in the air, “So now you are implying that all of us and that no one is competent enough?”

Soonyoung eyes were darting from one to the other as they spoke and he started to understand less and less of their conversation. However for now he favoured the standpoint of Mingyu. “I do agree with the unnecessarily tall one on this.” Mingyu send him a deadly glare while Jihoon had an amused grin on his face that was quickly replaced by a frown. “Surely there are others that are good enough to enter the enemies territory.”

“Both of you don’t understand. First of all Soonyoung,” Soonyoung felt himself swallow as the imposing omega now directed his full attention to him. “I would like to point out that I am the best at investigating. The second best would be Mingyu himself, Seungkwan or Chan. However Mingyu can’t do this mission because he stands out a lot.” Soonyoung wanted to point out the short ones own looks but he didn’t get the chance too. “He seems to much like a threat, I am afraid that they would attack him. I need Seungkwan in Grenhil, because no other can do his job as good as he can. Chan is needed for Grenhil and Strenyard as well. He is simply our best architect and I need our walls to be ready in case of an attack.”

“What about your own tasks?” Mingyu intercepted.

“Jeonghan can do everything that I normally do. I trust him with that.”

Soonyoung felt his head starting to spin as he tried to order all the information he was getting in this short amount of time. “Wait I am missing a detail. How is it not dangerous for you to walk into enemy territory on your own.”

“Because I am a short, cute, harmless little omega boy that no one ever would want to harm and if they do try…” Jihoon didn’t finish his sentence but Soonyoung knew exactly what he had meant to say.

“You are forgetting that this… this… pack… has massacred everyone that came onto their path. No matter their genders.” Mingyu gritted through his teeth, “They won’t spare you, me or anyone for that matter.”

Mingyu was right. It was suicide to go into Exodus territory. At least if you asked Soonyoung it was. But if you asked Soonyoung the Exodus pack had nothing good to it. If it was up to Soonyoung the whole Exodus pack would have to pay for what happened to his own pack. The idea of sending Jihoon into the hands of their enemies haunted him more than he would like to admit. Ever since he realised were he knew that scent from he was looking at the guy with a different mindset.

“Fine…” Jihoon finally answered after what felt like an eternity. His unpleased expression and hunched shoulders told Soonyoung that it wasn’t fine at all. His eyes kept trailing the smaller as he started walking in the direction that his pack mates had disappeared off to a little while ago.

---  

It happened later that evening. They had been traveling towards the village called Rostock together with Mingyu and the others. Jihoon had been sulking but nothing indicated that he would disappear at night. That was until Mingyu noticed that Jihoon and all his belongings were gone from camp.

“Soonyoung! Have you seen the little dwarf?” Soonyoung had to do his best not to start laughing but had to deny it. He hadn’t seen Jihoon ever since they ate dinner and that had to be at least a few hours ago. “He is gone… I knew I shouldn’t have trust him. Why did I trust him?” Mingyu asked him but of course he couldn’t answer.

“Can’t you just follow him?” To Soonyoung that would be a logical step. They lost Jihoon so just track him and find him. But Mingyu was looking at him as if he had suggest the most ridiculous thing ever.

“Believe me if I could I would…” The desperation was evident when he talked. “Jihoon won’t leave tracks if he doesn’t want to.”

---

His feet easily found a steady branch in the tree as he smirked down towards the camp. Below him everyone still enjoyed their evening after the happy encounter with Soonyoungs men. The man himself sat in the middle of his pack members and the stupid smile that graced his face never left during dinner or any other moment. His eyes disappearing into nothingness as his smile deepened. His face seemed nothing like the dangerous alpha that he was supposed to be. If anything the Vanghguard packs alpha looked like an innocent child right now.

---

It was amusing to say the least to watch over everyone from above. The little quirks of each person highlighted by their normal interactions. Jihoons eyes roamed over everyone that sat around the small campfire. Mingyu was getting along just fine with his new friends, especially Mingyu and Soonyoung seemed to hit it off rather well. Teaming up against him already. Jihoon gritted his teeth in annoyance. For now he would have to wait. Knowing the alphas they would assume that he made a sprint for the Exodus territory. If only they could use their brains for once. Lucky for him Jeonghan wasn’t around. Jeonghan would’ve noticed his lack of supplies for a journey. At least a few weapons would be nice to have. He had travelled with Soonyoung in his wolf form thereby leaving most of his belongings and weapons behind.

To be fair, Jihoon knew as well that he could’ve send someone else to the Exodus territory. His own curious mind wanted to check everything out himself. It is difficult to make a judgement based on other peoples experience and Jihoon wanted to see the feared pack himself. The Exodus pack was intriguing for him… The pack was led in an almost similar fashion to the Grenhil pack but on a larger scale. Eleven men we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter