ISAC

Love Between Two (Part One of Three: Between Two Series)

HYO-SUN

When the whole team was all ready and changed, we went into the van to go to the track, to practise for the upcoming competition. When we arrived, there were other idols there also practising. The girls and I went over to the track, stretching and warming up. We had to pick one person for running, and I was hoping that person was me.

We had to race between, Chaeyoung, Momo, Jeongyeong and I.

I knelt down, placing the back of my foot on the small ramp behind me. Everything around me slowed down, as I looked up, waiting for the sound of the gun. I focused on my breathing, keeping it paced, as I muted all of my surroundings. Then, finally the gun shot a bullet, signalling the start of the race.

I shot off, pumping my legs as fast as the wind could take them. My focus was solely on my breathing, pacing it with every step I took. I kept count, making sure not to lose the rhythm of my breathing, but also keeping a steady eye on the finish line. I started approaching it, puffing out my chest to reach the line, as I passed the line, slowing myself down.

I looked back at the others, who looked at me in disbelief.

What is it? Did I lose?

I looked at the camera, slowing it down to see who won. I saw my black and white figure zooming past the camera, as if I were a blur or even a ghost.

What the heck?

I started laughing and trust me, even I don't know what's going on with me at some times. One time I'm doing this, the other I'm doing that.

The other members looked at me as if I were crazy, and just came back from a mental hospital. I wiped the tears from my eyes, as we went onto archery.

Tzuyu, as always was the goddess of archery, as she nocked an arrow, aiming the bow at the target, one eye closed and the other steadily focusing. She pulled the string back, counting down until she let go, the bow landing a perfect nine. She sighed, but smiled, accepting her score.

Next was Bella, who repeated Tzuyu's actions, nocking an arrow and aiming for the red dot on the target. She closed her eyes before pulling the string back and letting it go. She turned away before she could see what she got.

The girls gasped, as her arrow hit the middle of a nine and a ten. She turned around, biting her lip nervously but then she smiled, pumping her fist in the air with satisfaction.

"W-What does that mean?" She said, still shocked from excitement. The others shrugged, baffled. I fist bumped her, hugging her.

"Nice one" I grinned as she hugged me back.

We went through all the sports, also picking our representative for each one.

I felt very confident that we were going to win this year.

 

x-X-x

 

The following week went through in a blur, and ISAC was approaching fast. We had been training hardcore the whole week, also competing against some of our groups for practice.

We put on our team uniform, before having a big breakfast before the games. Like they always say, Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

At the Stadium...

My jaw dropped open at the amount of people gathered at the stadium. The millions of fans gathered to watch their favorite idols. I was super pumped for today, as I could not stop jumping in my seat on the van.

Before we started, all the idols gathered together to sing the national anthem and then go on with the games. I said a silent prayer in my head and went to go and watch the archery game, it was us versus RED VELVET.

To be honest, I was as star struck as one of their fans. RED VELVET was technically my first girl group before TWICE's debut. Shooting for their team was, Yeri, Joy and Irene and for us, it was Tzuyu, Bella and Dahyun.

RED VELVET went first, each member scoring an eight or a nine. I looked nervously at the girls, as Bella bit her lip anxiously, Tzuyu trying to keep a straight face.

Dahyun went up first, focusing solely on the target. She let go, the arrow hitting an eight. The commentators clapped, complimenting her shot as Dahyun pumped her fist in the air, proudness clear on her face.

Tzuyu was next up, her stance up straight, her arm stretched out and her eyes focused on the target. She let go, hitting another perfect nine. The crowd went wild, as the commentators went crazy, as Tzuyu first bumped Dahyun and Bella.

Last up was Bella, She repeated the steps, her brown eyes twinkling as she counted down, letting go of the arrow. It was if to whole world stopped, all eyes glued to the arrow, as it spiraled through the air and hitting a perfect ten.

The crowds went bezerk, as Kpop idols around us shot up and screamed, shocked at the shot. I ran across to her, hugging and squeezing her like crazy. The other girls and I congratulated the team, also congratulating Yeri and the others for their attempts as they smiled warmly at us, bowing occasionally.

Next up, was the men's relays. We watched as BTS, VIXX, GOT7 and SEVENTEEN all battled each other for first place. Jackson and Yugyeom were the runners for GOT7, as were Taehyung and Jungkook, the runners for BTS.

I saw Jackson wave to me from the beginning, smiling as I waved back. Next to him, Taehyung side glared him, as he nudged him away, waving at me. I awkwardly smiled, waving back hesitantly.

The race began, as Taehyung raced past Jackson, in no time passing the baton to Jungkook. Jackson managed to quickly pass the baton to Yugyeom as Yugyeom used his long,slender legs to glide past Jungkook. The two were neck and neck, but before they knew it, Joshua from SEVENTEEN was flying past them and made it past the finish line first.

His fellow members jumped up, hugging him and scream out his victory. I clapped for the boys, giving both teams the thumbs up as they knelt over, catching their breath.

The next sport came up, which was Mina's gymnastics. She was practicing so hard this week, that we hardly ever saw her in the house. You could tell that Chaeyoung had missed her a lot. [MICHAENG 4EVA!😏]

She was the last one to perform, as she got changed into her pale pink suit, grabbing her matching pink sparkly ball that she was using as a prop during her dance. She took a deep breath, as the music played.

After her performance, the crowd went crazy as she elegantly finished in the splits. I winced mentally, clapping with craze. Damn, that must've hurt.

We all ran to her, congratulating her as we went onto watch the other sports and then finished with the woman's running, my race.

I was up against Irene from RED VELVET, and a few other girls from groups like G FRIEND, EXID etc.

Before the race, I shifted my weight from my right to my left foot, stretching out my calves.

"All female runners report to the starting line, the race will begin in one minute." A male voice boomed from the commentators booth.

"Well, that's my cue." I said as the girls gave me one final hug before I went off.

I did the same thing, that I did at training. I bent over and propped the back of my foot up against the ramp behind me while placing my hands on the ground, looking up at the finishing line ahead. My mind was focused on getting to that finishing line and also on my breathing.

Before I knew it, the gun shot, as I shot up, zooming ahead. I could feel the wind ruffle up my hair as I counted my steps,

1,2,1,2

I saw the ribbon approaching as I puffed out my chest, ripping the ribbon from the sides as I slowed down. The crowd screaming with enthusiasm as I bent over, slowing my breathing and looking up at the scoreboard. I saw Seulgi and my black and white figure inching towards the ribbon as it played in slow motion.

I had hit the ribbon one second before she did. I sighed in relief, smiling as I extended my hand out to Seulgi to congratulate her. She grumbled, squeezing my hand as her sharp nails dug into my palm. I yanked my hand away, looking at her with surprise.

"I would've won, if you hadn't got in the way." Seulgi spat, a smirk making its way onto her face. By this time, the others had joined me on the track, looking between me and Seulgi. I clenched my fist, my face turning a pale red as an angry fire sparked inside of me.

Just as I was about to take a swing at that smirking face, a cute little boy wobbled over to me. He held a heart shaped card with some hearts decorating it. He held it up to me and smiled, cute little dimples edging their way onto his cute, plump face.

Nayeon and Bella shot to my side, both giving the boy motherly smiles, as they tried to pick him up. But the boy refused, extending both of his arms out to me, beckoning me to pick him up. I looked at the others in surprise, picking him up, and placing him on my hip.

"Good work today, unnie." He said, his cuteness getting the best of him.

That was when I blew it, I laughed, kissing the boy on the forehead, his pale, chubby cheeks and on the nose.

"So cute!" I squealed as I handed him back to his mother who frantically ran onto the track, looking for him. I giggled, as the others and I went to the podium to gather up our team scores.

 

x-X-x

 

BELLA

Red started kissing the boy, as she awed, pinching his cute cheeks with excitement. I chuckled, glancing over to the men's side as I spotted Taehyung glaring at the little boy, as well as Jackson. Jungkook nudged Taehyung, shouting words to him, as Mark smacked the back of Jackson's head for shouting, "He's just a baby!"

I looked weirdly between them, focusing my attention back to the girls.

Jihyo approached me, a nervous smile on her face. I went stiff, as she hugged me and said, "Nice work on archery today, thanks to you we got first place in the women's section!"

I blushed as she hugged me tightly again, leaving her arm around my waist as we went in for a team photo.

After the Games...

After a tiring afternoon of fun and games, the girls and I went to a local restaurant for a bite to eat. We ordered a feast, consisting of rice, noodles, pork, duck, kimchi and loads more. While waiting, Red and I decided to watch what we always loved to watch before we became Kpop idols, TWICE on crack.

We chuckled as a photo of Nayeons double chin came up, just as Nayeon asked us what we were doing. When we didn't reply, she came to our side, peering behind our shoulders and onto the phone. She screamed an ear piercing scream, as she smacked the back of our heads.

"Yah! What are you doing with my face like that!" She shouted as we ran off, a fuming Nayeon chasing us.

We zipped behind a booth, as Red accidentally bumped into a body, sending them both tumbling for the floor. They landed in an awkward position, Red on top of him, and him under her. She blushed a deep red, sending me into a frenzy of smirks, but then I realized who it was.

"TaeTae? Namjoon? What are you guys doing here?" I asked in surprise. But before they could answer, Nayeon screeched, as Red scrambled up, hiding behind Namjoon. I pulled Jungkook over, hiding behind him as well.

"Shhh, please don't say anything." I begged, silently whimpering.

Nayeon turned the corner, her face red with anger.

"Have you seen two chickens on the loose?" She said, glancing around.

"N-no. What chickens? There's no chickens!" They all stammered wildly. I bit my lip, we're going to get caught because of these bimbos.

"NOO!!" Taehyung yelled from the floor.

"Omo, Tae you idiot" I whispered as Nayeon looked down at him.

"I'm not even going to ask." Nayeon rolled her eyes, before storming off.

I let out a huge breath as I let go of Jungkooks shirt. Red mirrored my expression as we thanked the boys before returning to the table with the other girls. But as we were about to go, Taehyung grabbed Red's wrist, pulling her to him before whispering something into her ear.

I could tell that it was pretty embarrassing, judging by the red blush that had crept onto her face. She nodded before Taehyung gave her a quick peck on the cheek, letting her walk over to the table with me.

I smirked, wiggling my eyebrows at her crimson face. She scowled knowingly at me, before filling with noodles. Nayeon made her way to the table, the angry glare gone from her eyes, as she huffed and collapsed onto her chair. She scowled at our smirking faces and dug into her food without another word.

 

x-X-x