Business Cards and Auditions

Love Between Two (Part One of Three: Between Two Series)

BELLA

I tried to get his face out of my head as I thought all those high notes had really gone to my head, but then he started walking up to us and that's when I knew it was really him.

"Hi, I'm JY-"

"We know Sir" I cut him off.

Red scowled at my rude behavior, as I smiled at her and then smiled back at JYP.

He looked at me with concern but then laughed.

"You guys sound great." He complimented, making Red blush. "Where'd you learn to sing like that"

I looked at him and laughed. Again, he looked at me like I was mental.

"I never learned, I have just sang like that." I said shyly.

"A beautiful singing voice and great rapping, you guys would have the potential to be Kpop stars." I looked at Red shocked, as she mirrored my expression.

W-what?

I AM SHOOK.

"I'll tell you what, here's my business card. Come by the studio tomorrow and show me what you can do and maybe I'll think about signing a contract with you girls." he said with enthusiasm.

DOUBLE SHOOK.

"Excuse me I think I misheard you. Did you just give us an audition at your company!?" I shouted in his face as Red smacked me on the head.

"YAH!" She grabbed my hair, pulling it with extra force as if she wanted it to come off.

"OW!!" I shouted back at her, as she let go harshly. She looked at JYP who seemed amused at our little argument.

"Anyways, as she was saying-" She cleared , looking all professional like.

"Are you serious, because YES!!" I ignored her fiery glare, gladly shaking his extended hand, as she smiled at him, accepting his business card.

That night, Red and I stayed up all night practicing a dance routine and figuring out our line distributions.

 

x-X-x

 

HYO-SUN

By the time the sun rose up high in the sky, we had already finished practicing our dance routine.

I yawned with exhaustion, stretching my arms as far as I could before getting up.

"You hungry?" I asked Bella as she looked at me with a blank look.

"I think I'm way past the word, Hungry." She said, putting the emphasis on the word 'Hungry'

I laughed, shaking my head as I grabbed the money we worked our butts off for, and headed out the door.

Working my way effortlessly down the stairs, I made it to the convenience store that was conveniently placed right next to the apartment. I grabbed a whole lot of snacks and chips, stuffing them into the basket as I scavenged through the fridge for drinks.

I made my way up to the counter, plopping the heavily filled basket onto the counter as a part-time worker looked at me with a blank expression.

"That will be twenty dollars and ninety-nine cents." He said with a bored expression, as I handed him the money.

"Kamsamnida, have a good day." He bowed as I happily bowed back, accepting the large plastic bag full of snacks from the counter.

When I came back with the snacks, Bella bowed thankfully, grabbing a packet of chips and washing them down with orange juice.

After our short breakfast, we went for a quick shower, mostly from the amount of dancing we did, and changed into some clothes suitable for the auditions.

"BELLA! Let's go, JYP's probably waiting for us!" I shouted from the kitchen as Bella quickly finished drying her hair and changing slipping on her hoodie. She followed me out the door and outside to call an uber.

JYP Entertainment Studios...

Once we finally found the studio, we quickly rushed in, my excitement getting the best of me as I spotted all sorts of Kpop groups produced by JYP lounging around. They were either talking, singing or just eating and laughing together. When we walked in, nearly the whole room stopped to look at us, as I blushed, latching my arm onto Bella's.

"Do any of you know where we might find JYP?" Bella said, ignoring my squirming and smiling at the groups.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw GOT7 all gathered together on a couch, everyone except Jackson. Youngjae smiled, pointing to a large mahogany door down the hall.

Bella and I bowed, thanking him as I literally dragged me down the hall and outside his office.

I knocked quietly on the door, waiting for someone to let us in. Preferably JYP.

"Who is it?" A deep voice boomed from behind the entrance of his office.

"The girls from yesterday, Hyo-Sun and Bella" Bella said confidently, as the door finally clicked, letting us inside.

JYP's friendly face smiled at us as he said, "Hello, welcome to my company. Just let me get a few papers ready and then we can go to the studio for your audition." He lent over his desk, tapping a few buttons on his keyboard before closing his laptop shut.

"Follow me" He said, leading us back out of his office and back into the hall, where the other groups were.

"Hello everybody!" JYP clapped, grabbing the attention of the groups. "As you may already know, this is GOT7," He said, pointing to the cute boy band in the corner from earlier, and a few of the solo artists that he also produced music for. All but one group, TWICE.

"Where are they?" Bella whisper-shouted.

"They must be on Weekly Idol or something." I whisper-shouted back, as she nodded her head in disappointment.

"Now follow me, I hope you're ready for today, because I am excited for new talent." JYP enthusiastically said, leading us towards the practise room.

Bella and I marvelled at the room, the same room from all the TWICE and GOT7 dance practises that we watched over and over again back home.

JYP walked over to a computer that was attached to a large speaker.

"What song are you going to be dancing to?" He asked, typing in a few passwords and whatnots into the computer.

"Red Velvet, Bad Boy" I responded, beginning my stretches. Bella quickly joined in , stretching our her back muscles. At the door of the practise room, I could spot the majority of the groups from earlier piling near the entrance of the room, curiously peering in.

I chuckled before jumping up and down, warming myself up.

"Are you ready?" JYP said, finding an instrumental version of Bad Boy for us to sing to while dancing.

The first beats of Bad Boy played as Bella sang Seulgi's and Irene's part, dancing both of their parts.

Ooh Mmm

Ooh Mmm

Who dat, Who dat, Who dat, boy....

She went behind me as I sang Yeri and Joy's part, counting the beats to my foot movements and arms. I quickly switched behind Bella as she hit Wendy's dance moves and high notes perfectly. Before I move beside her, moving my arms above my head and singing the Chorus along with Bella. We moved our hips to the rhthym of the music, smiling as we moved.

Bad Boy down...

Oh-eh-Oh-eh-Oh

Bella swiftly moved behind me, as I danced and sang to Yeri and Wendy's part, bending my knees and keeping my eyes on JYP who watched us with a straight expression. I looked away, changing to Bella's part. I let her sing the pre-chorus as we broke back into the chorus, this time with me at the front and Bella at the back.

 

x-X-x

 

BELLA

As we finished up our dance routine, all the groups and solo artists clapped but JYP silenced them. At that particular moment, I thought we had messed up everything.

He then walked up to us and Red froze. I didn't know what to do.

"Red, what do we do now" I whispered as he gave us both wary looks. My hopes went down, thinking that we didn't have a shot at all. Maybe we did the wrong song, or did the wrong movements? Maybe we wore the wrong clothes-

"Welcome to JYP Entertainment" As soon those words came out of his mouth I froze, and almost fainted while listening to the excited screaming and claps of the other artists, luckily Red caught me just in time.

After that moment of joy Red and I signed a contract.

"Thank you Mr Park, you will not regret this." Red bowed repetitively, shaking his hand with excitement.

"Please, consider me as your second father, call me JYP" He smiled at us as I was about to faint a second time. Even after our dance, I still couldn't believe we were speaking with JYP himself.

"What group are we joining" I curiously asked. He paused to look up at us with a slight smirk on his mouth as he mouthed out one simple name,

'TWICE'

I suddenly walked out of the room, speechless to even speak or say anything.

"What's wrong with her" JYP said laughing

"She does that when she's overloaded with excitement, she is practically TWICE's number one fan. Though she doesn't admit it." Red whispered.

"I heard that." I said, walking back into the room after calming down with a flushed face.

"So, are you okay with moving in with them?" JYP said as he looked at me looking like I was about to faint again.

"Yes it would be an honor" Red said for me, I had no words because the group I had loved for years even when they were on sixteen, now they're going to be my new roommates!

Red looked at me. "Hey are you alright?"

"Yeah" I said calmly, even though I couldn't hold in my excitement any longer.

"So it's settled, you guys will be moving in during the weekend just to meet them and get use to them."

Red squealed, grabbing out her phone to take a selca of our victory.

"Say, JYP ENTERTAINMENT!" She said, extending her fashionably long arms out as she held her phone, two very happy, yet sweaty girls looking back at us.

As Red and I did our warm-down stretches, I saw a very impressed Jackson Wang giving Red his famous googly eyes and that infamous smirk. Straight away, I knew those two were going to have more than one encounter along our journey.

Back at the Apartment...

Hyo-Sun and I had pizza for dinner since it was a victorious day, and we talked for hours on what the future would be like as our life's as Kpop Idols began.

 

x-X-x