First Date

Love Between Two (Part One of Three: Between Two Series)

HYO-SUN

 

"To be honest, this is actually my first date that hasn't been set up by my manager." Taehyung laughed nervously.

I blushed, "It's my first date too, well not managed by a manager, I mean-" I stammered, getting confused. 

Taehyung chuckled, grasping my hand, drawing circles into my palm. 

We stopped at a fancy restaurant, elegant people wearing elegant clothes walked around. I looked down at my clothes, compared to theirs. I pulled down my shorts, as Taehyung noticed my uneasiness, he squeezed my hand for reassurance, as he led me into the restaurant, pulling out a chair for me as I gladly sat down. 

We ordered our food, talking with each other as we waited. 

"Can I ask you something?" I tucked a hair behind my ear, blushing as I looked down at my lap.  

"Sure, go ahead." He said, his eyes glistening with curiousity. 

"When you first met me, what did you think of me?" I looked him in the eye, as he smiled warmly. 

"When I first saw you, my heart clenched at the sight of your beauty." He smiled, reaching over the table to grasp my hands. 

"I got butterflies around you. I went all giddy and happy around you." I smiled, the familiar shade of red crawling onto my face. 

"But when I heard that your sister had-" He stopped, as I squeezed my eyes shut, wanting to shut out the tears. 

"My heart had shattered seeing you sad like that." His smile dropped to a reassuring grin, as I looked up at him with teary eyes.

My mouth opened to say something, but then a waitress had come back with our food, as she slipped Taehyung a small napkin with digits on it. She winked at him, as he simply ignored her, his eyes on me completely. He used the napkin to wipe the table as she scowled at me, storming away with no luck. 

I looked back at him, smiling genuinely. 

"See, there's that smile I like to see." He chuckled, as we both ate our food, chatting throughout the whole night until the restaurant closed. 

By the time I arrived home, the girls had all gone to sleep. I stepped out of the car, the headlights illuminating my silhouette as Taehyung held my hands affectionately.

"Red, I had an awesome time tonight." He whispered, looking me deep in the eye. 

He started to lean in, his eyes fluttering to my lips. I tensed up, closing my eyes as his lips latched onto mine. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer as I wrapped my arms around his neck. 

We pulled apart, our foreheads leaning against each other's as we grinned, looking into each other's eyes. 

We said our goodbyes, as he hopped back into the van.  

I watched as he drove off, touching my lips with surprise. I blushed like a madman, fiddling with the door knob, before stumbling insde. 

As I stepped inside, I tried to tip-toe to my room, trying hard to not creak the floor boards. 

Just as I thought I was safe, the light , revealing the other members except for Bella and Jihyo looking at me curiously on the couch. 

"Where were you?" Nayeon folded her arms, raising her eyebrows in suspicion. 

"I was, out" I giggled, fiddling with my hair as they all looked at me weirdly.. 

"Out doing what? With who at a time like this?" They all said, their eyes full of possesiveness.

"Things with, no one." I quickly ran to the room without letting them say another word. 

I slammed the door shut, leaning against the door, holding my beating heart. I smiled at the memory of the kiss, my hands touching my lips ever so gently, afraid to wipe it off. 

I shook the thought away, before changing into my pj's and drifting off to sleep. 

The Following Week...

The following week went by in a blur, as JYP dance stage was nearing. The day before the event, JYP had called up the members representing GOT7 and SEVENTEEN. 

My eyes lit up as Yugyeom, Junior, JB and Jackson entered the room. Jackson smiled at me, waving as I rapidly waved back. My heart beating with anxiety. 

What is happening?

"Ok, both groups have learnt their part for the partnered dance. All they need is a partner." JYP pulled out two hats, one blue and one red. 

"In both of these hats, I have put in numbers. Blue hat is for the boys and Black for the girls. When you get a number, you will read it out loud to find your partner." JYP passed the red hat to Mina, as she pulled out her number, passing the hat down the line. 

I was the last one to pull out a number, my eyes glistening with hope as I looked up to Jackson. 

"Red, what is your number?" Bella asked, grabbing the attention of the whole room. 

"Number six" I replied, looking back at the group of boys, 

"Who has number six?" JYP called, as a hand shot up.

Vernon. 

I saw Jackson's eyes sadden as he looked down, his fist clenching with mixed emotions. 

The other girls called out their numbers, Bella being with Dino who was also from SEVENTEEN, and Jackson with, SinB. My stomach clenched at the sight of the two together, SinB's eyes raking over his body seductively. He laughed awkwardly, smiling with confusion. 

"We'll practice the whole dance together as a group. Starting with the girls." JYP and the boys stepped back as the girls and I from TWICE started with '24 Hours' and the girls from GFRIEND joining us in 'Tell Me'. The first beats of 'Who's Your Mama' played as the boys joined in, singing their individual parts.

I saw Jackson tense up as Vernon's hand hovered over my leg, before I pulled back, placing my hands on his shoulder. 

When the practise ended, we all said our goodbyes, agreeing to meet up at the stadium early for a quick dress rehearsal. 

As I grabbed my jacket, I noticed SinB and Jackson whispering to each other. Jackson whispered something into her ear, as she giggled flirtatiously, slapping his shoulder playfully. 

I clenched my fist at the sight of the two. 

Jackson looked up at me, my eyes full of jealousy and hurt as he started to walk over to me.

"Red! Are you ready? Let's go." Bella called, grabbing me by the wrist and pulling me into the van with the others. 

"You okay?" She asked, as I leaned against the window. "You seemed a bit uneasy back there." She said, rubbing my back. I shook my head, reassuring her that I was fine. I plugged in my earphones, before resting my head on the head-rest. 

At the Dorms...

When we came back, I went for a shower, before sitting down at the dinner table with the others. 

Dahyun was holding her camera, casting a V-Live as we all ate. 

"Anyoung! Dahyun here with my fellow members of TWICE! Today is the day before JYP Dance Stage! So I just wanted to talk to you guys a little bit about our performances, Momo with her bloody vampire dance." She said pointing the camera to Momo as she explained her outfit and the dance. 

Dahyun then pointed the camera to Bella and Me, as Bella did her aegyo, squeezing her cheeks at the camera. I looked away, putting my chopsticks in my mouth. 

"YAH! Red look at the camera!" Dahyun laughed, as I poked my tongue out at her. 

The whole night, Dahyun and the others filmed each other, laughing and crying as they went. 

Bella whispered something into Jihyo's ear, making her laugh out loud, slapping Bella's thigh playfully. 

My mind flashed back to the moment with Jackson and SinB. I pouted at the thought, distracted as Dahyun pointed the camera back to me. 

"Red, whats the long face for?" Nayeon asked concerned, snapping me out of my trance. 

I blinked, looking back at the others as they stared back at me. 

"Oh, its nothing. I'm just feeling tired, that's all." I got up walking to the room, before hiding under the covers as my heart clenched with fear and excitement. 

 

x-X-x