Konichiwa

Love Between Two (Part One of Three: Between Two Series)

BELLA

The next morning, we had already landed in Japan and were making our way to the hotel. Fans from all over Tokyo had gathered at the airport just to greet us.

I felt ecstatic, the live bustling of the Tokyo city. Red put on her face mask, clearly thinking about something deeply, before plugging in her earphones.

Cute Japanese fans ran up to us, holding out heart shaped wands and screaming out our names. I bowed to them speaking Japanese, before hopping into the van that was picking us up with the others.

The others and I admired the live city of Tokyo, we even spotted the huge Eiffel tower duplicate they had. Their buildings were so tall, I couldn't see the top, it was if it was endless, reaching up to the heavens. I wondered what would happen if someone had jumped.

When we arrived at the hotel, we met up with Gwen and Vana.

"Anyoung, girls! Or as the Japanese say it, Konichiwa!" Gwen exclaimed, smiling. Vana chuckled, whipping out her phone to check our schedule.

"The concert starts in one hour, so we need to get you girls to the stadium right away. We're going to have a full house today. Tickets were all sold out on the first day." She smiled, before leading us up the stairs and into our room.

I put my suitcase next to Red's before we both changed into our outfits for the concert as well as the others. We all cheered, doing our team handshake before hopping onto the van and driving off to the stadium.

On the way there, Red got a call from her little sister and grandmother. She answered it, smiling with ecstasy as her smile widened even more. Before she ended the call, she muttered a 'I love you' to her relatives before hanging up.

We all looked at her curiously.

"Who was that?" Momo asked, her cute eyes glistening with interest.

"Were you talking to Tae again" I smirked.

Momo laughed, as Dahyun smiled. [Evil Smirk]

"Are you and Tae a thing now?" Red gave me the evil's and explained to Momo on what she missed as they hopped out of the car, and as usual I wandered somewhere.

I walked into the stadium seeing that the seats were empty because obviously the stadium hadn't even opened yet. I laughed grabbing the nearest microphone and coincidentally there was a piano. Out of all times there had to be a piano right there.

I glided my fingers over the keys, and sat on the chair and started playing the first notes of Melting, before singing along.

hamkkehan sigandeuri maeil bujokhae
oneuldo aswiwo nae mam sumgyeosseossjyo
jogeum deo isseojwoyo
malhago sipeossjiman haji moshaessjyo
geudaega boassdeon eotteon geosboda
deo jugo sipeun nae mam
ara jugil baraeyo
geugeosman amugeosdo baraji anhayo
Oh baby
hoksina nega nal gidarilkka
hoksina nega nal bogopeulkka
geudae johahaneun geosman
saenggakhaebwayo eotteokhajyo
nal nogineun ice cream
boda deo dalkomhan baby
geudae maltu geudae misoro
salmyeosi nogayo geudaeman bogo issjyo
saranghandago malhaejwoyo
nal nogineun ice cream
boda dalkomhan
geudae moksoriga deullyeoojyo
hyanggiroun kkocceul chajneun
nae nabiga doeeojwoyo geudae

I then heard clapping, I looked behind to see Jihyo smiling at me. She walked over to me, something inside told me to walk off before she got any closer, but I stayed as stiff as a brick.

She sat next to me, her hands grazing against the top of the piano as her hands glided over to mine. I gulped, my figure still as stiff as a wall, as she smiled, her hand hovering over mine.

"Bella-"

"GIRLS! We need to get ready right now! The doors have already opened! Chop, Chop!" Gwen shouted from backstage.

I grumbled to myself angrily, sometimes people had bad timing. Jihyo looked backstage and then back at me, before smiling apologetically. She got up, before kissing me softly on the cheek and running to the others.

I sat there awestruck, my hand finding its way onto the cheek she kissed me on. My hand grazed the skin gently, her kiss leaving tingles on my cheek.

I chuckled to myself before getting up with the others for a quick runthrough.

 

x-X-x

 

HYO-SUN -Start of Concert...

We all walked onto the stage, waving to the audience as they shouted out our names. I looked around frantically for my little sister and my grandmother, even though there were more than thousands of people present.

I shrugged, putting on my best perfomance.

We all assembled in our positions, adjusting our microphones before the song started to play. Nayeon smiled, before singing her part.

maeil ullineun belbelbel
ijen nareul baeryeo haejwo
baeteori nangbihagin sirheo...

I looked around for my sister, smiling as we switched to Mina and Tzuyu's part. I almost cried myself as Sana performed her iconic 'Sha, Sha, Sha'

We all moved towards Momo's part, counting our steps carefully as she sang, before bunching up together for Jeongyeong's line. Then, we positioned ourselves into a 'V' shape, as Jihyo sang the chorus, before switching back to Nayeon.

I was on the end, as I walked out, rapping my part,

anjeolbujeol moksoriga yeogikkaji deullyeo...

I pointed to Dahyun as she walked out, keeping an eye on the cameras as she rapped. Chaeyoung walked out in the middle, her facial expressions on point. Dahyun smiled, rapping her last line, before rushing back with the others.

mesijiman ilkko hwagin an haneun geon gibon...

Chaeyoung pouted, pointing her fingers together as she rapped her last line before running back with Dahyun.

eoeoeo an geureomyeon naega deo
ppajil geotman gateo ppajil geotman gateo

I blew a kiss, winking as I followed the others, dancing to Tzuyu and Sana's lines.

Jihyo and Nayeon went back to singing the chorus, letting Bella solo on the bridge.

nado niga joha sangcheo ibeulkka bwa
geokjeongdoejiman yeojanikka ihaehaejugil

She and Jihyo shared parts before we all sang,

Be a man, a real man
Gotta see you love me
Like a real man
Be a man, a real man
Gotta see you love me
Like a real man...

Cheer Up Baby, Cheer Up Baby....

Jeongyeong and Jihyo helped Nayeon sing the last bit of the chorus, as Nayeon finished it off. I stood in my pose, holding it as the crowd cheered with enthusiasm.

I smiled, my eyes automatically scanning the crowd for my sister. Wouldn't she be here already?

Bella hugged me, as we all went off stage, bowing to the crowd as we could still hear their shouts from our dressing room.

 

x-X-x

 

After the concert ended and the girls and I headed back to the hotel, it was pouring buckets of water. When we had to step into the van, we all had to at least step into the huge puddle surrounding the gutters. Our faces scowled at the pouring rain, hoping we would all enjoy at least an hour of sunshine in Japan before we flew back to Korea.

When we arrived at the hotel, Bella flopped onto the bed, turning on the TV as she flipped through the channels. I disappeared into the bathroom, getting ready for a shower, but was interrupted as Bella shouted my name.

"RED! COME LOOK!"

I nearly slipped, as she shouted, startling me.

Grumbling to myself, I steadied myself, before going to the bedroom where she was lounging on the bed lazily.

"What is it? This better be good, because you're shouting can cause a car accident!" I shouted angrily. "Gosh, you're gonna give me a headache."

"Oh fine then, nevermind. I needed to just uh-" She got up, covering the TV as a female voice shouted out warnings in Japanese. She explained that a terrible car crash had occurred, causing a huge traffic jam and several injured people. The accident had caused the death of a young girl, her age estimated around six or seven years old, her grandmother injured badly in the process.

I looked curiously at the TV, giving her the -move-or-else- look as she shook her head, gripping the remote to change the channel. It switched to a Japanese styled work out video and then to a cooking show. She fiddled with the remote, before turning the television off.

I wrestled her for the remote as she finally gave in, looking down mumbling a 'Sorry' as I snatched the remote from her hands. I turned the TV on, switching back to the news channel, sitting down and watching the female struggle to shout over the pouring rain.

"Her grandmother, Eun-han has told us that her little granddaughter, Hyo-Jin's last words were one of Twice's newest member's, Red's line in Cheer Up, she-"

My world came crashing down from that point.

The only thing I could do, was sit there. My eyes empty, my heart empty, everything inside of me empty.

"Red. Red! RED!" Bella shouted, as the other members ran in.

"I NEED TO GO SEE HER!" I shouted, rushing for the door. But Bella and the other members held me back, as fresh tears made their way down my cheek.

"LET ME GO SEE HER!" I screamed, my voice echoing throughout the whole hotel.

"What happened?" Nayeon asked Bella, her eyes filled with concern and anxiousness.

"Did you see the news?" Nayeon nodded, "That was her sister and her grandmother" She slowly said, turning away as if to fight off tears. Nayeon and the others gasped, as they all held me down, my fidgeting getting the best of me.

"Please..." I sobbed, my eyes starting to get puffy and red.

"Red, we can't go. Gwen will have our heads if we go missing." Bella said, patting my back.

"I DON'T CARE! This is my baby sister we're talking about." I held my head in my hands, tasting the saltiness of my tears in my mouth.

"We can't let her go. Its for the best." Nayeon whispered to the others, as they all nodded.

They tried to cheer me up, cracking jokes and hurting themselves for my own pleasure. I put on a fake smile and laughed, tricking them into leaving me and Bella. When it hit nine thirty, they all left to their own hotel rooms, leaving an exhausted Bella to look after me.

Her head lolled against the pillow, signalling that she was fast asleep. I covered her body with a blanket, before grabbing my hoodie, some shoes, a cap and a face mask.

I cracked open the door, before sneaking down the hall and downstairs. My legs raced to the front of the hotel, my hand flying out, hailing a taxi before I directed the driver to the hospital in the news.

At the Hospital...

I raced into the hospital, not caring if my cap flew off. My shoes tapped against the quartz floor of the hospital, as I raced to the front desk, asking for Hyo-Jin's room. The nurse told me to go the fourth floor, her eyes widening as she realised who I was.

I bowed, before running to the elevator.

My eyes wandered around, doctors and nurses flying around as they were on race against time to save their fellow patients.

"Kang Hyo-Jin is room 4B on the fourth floor." I remembered the nurse saying, as my eyes scanned the area for room 4B.

A familiar elderly woman rolled out of a room on a wheelchair, her leg wrapped in a cast and her neck in a neck brace. Her familiar eyes wandered over to where I was standing as she looked me up and down.

My tears from earlier appeared once again, as my vision became blurry. I stumbled to the old woman.

"Halmeoni!" I sobbed loudly, catching the attention of some visitors and doctors. The old lady's eyes widened as she finally recognized me. I ripped off my face mask, hugging her tightly.

"Hyo-Sun" She sobbed, as her glasses went foggy.

I chuckled halfheartedly, grabbing her glasses and wiping them before giving them back to her.

"Where is she?" I gasped, wiping my tears away, as I looked into the room she came out of.

Her smile saddened as she told me to go in, I held my breath as I walked into the room.

My eyes tearing up as I saw her limp corpse laying on the hospital bed. Her face stained with blood, multiple cuts and scars all over her petite body.

"HYO-JIN!" I sobbed loudly, my hands covering my mouth as I hugged her limp body, not caring if it went on my clothes.

"Please wake up, Please wake up, Please wake up." I hugged her tightly, rocking back and forth as her eyes stayed closed, as I waited for her small voice to call our my name.

"Please..." I sobbed, whispering for her to wake up.

"HEY YOU'RE-" A female voice called from outside, as the other members ran in, their frantic faces scanning the room for me. I ignored them, holding my sisters body as I cried out in sympathy.

"Please, just please wake up"

I cried until I could no longer feel my face, until I could no longer feel anything. The doctors all pulled us out of the ward, taking her body to the morgue.

I fell to the floor, hugging my knees as I buried my head in my knees.

"I've already lost my parents, now I've lost my sister, the only piece of my family left, apart from my grandma." I said blankly, keeping in the next tornado of tears.

"Red, you haven't lost her. She's in your heart." Sana said, bending down to hug me. I leaned into her grasp, closing my eyes, resisting the tears.

"You haven't lost your family, you're famliy is here with us." Bella said, pecking me on the cheek.

I nodded, as they got me up, as I bid goodbye to my grandma as we went into the van, back to the hotel.

The Next Day...

When Gwen and Vana came to the hotel the next day, they had already told us that we had an extra day, due to my sister's funeral.

At the mention of my sister, the others flinched, looking at me and waiting for me to burst into tears. I stayed strong, mustering up all the strength within me to keep my tears inside.

Somehow, the news of my sister's funeral had found its way onto social media. The only thing I didn't realise were the large amounts of ONCE'S who had family in hospital had taken photos of me and the girls visiting my sister and grandmother. The girls showed me a picture of me crying, making ​​me look like a complete idiot.

I shrugged it away, putting on my coat and grabbing a rose for my sister. When we were little, Hyo-Jin and I would always go into my mother's rose garden, pretending to make music videos. When she pricked her finger on a rose, I spent the whole day holding her hand, making sure she felt better and safe as I cradled her in my arms.

But now,

She's gone...

 

​​​​​​​x-X-x